This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    Pete has nothing to do with Stargate but DD is a relative.The Two Women Jack was involved with had something to do with Stargate and Jack had very valid reasons for being with the Women.1 he was drugged and 2 he though he was trapped on another Planet forever.I really think a non relative actor would have been dropped with all the bad feelings the Pete character is getting.I find it interesting Jessica Steen was dropped from Playing Dr.Weir after one Episode.The old saying is true it's not what you know it's who you know.
    Ya know, this has been my stance all along, that
    has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with Stargate and should'nt be on there.

waterfall

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TOKEN!!!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        No really Tasha is REALLY REALLY funny and I will vouch for her she is as SANE as............
        well ME
        Believe me, that's not saying much, as far as Tame is concerned!

My take on the SciFi article is that us shippers are in big trouble.
        It's very disconcerting, unless AT was just putting up a smoke screen.

Oh well. Not much to be done about it. What's already written and filmed
        is as it shall be. Maybe the O'Neill appearances will make up for these
        bad vibes. I hope.

I'm a born pessimist, though, so don't take anything I write worth a grain of salt!

OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
        appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
        full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
        in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          Pete has nothing to do with Stargate but DD is a relative.The Two Women Jack was involved with had something to do with Stargate and Jack had very valid reasons for being with the Women.1 he was drugged and 2 he though he was trapped on another Planet forever.I really think a non relative actor would have been dropped with all the bad feelings the Pete character is getting.I find it interesting Jessica Steen was dropped from Playing Dr.Weir after one Episode.The old saying is true it's not what you know it's who you know.
          Oh! In all the angst over the ship lately I had FORGOTTEN that!! They dropped her because they said she didn't "test" well! I was like WHAT?! I liked her a lot and I don't think I've run across anyone yet that out and out disliked her! (hubs LOVED her) Interesting how they "test" her stuff and not Ptui's! If they had "tested" him we probably wouldn't be seeing any more! You'd think the huge viewer reaction would tell them something but alas, I guess not!
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

SPOILERS season 8

Did anyone see the thingie on Conan O'Brien???
            The part where *Col.Carter* and Sg-1 were under fire and O'Neill decided to open the iris to let them in??
            Just like Hammond in "Chain Reaction" he shouldn't have opened the iris, but he did anyway, cause it was Sam and his friends.
            I'm thinking shippy here folks.

Also what was that in the AT/RDA interview about Carter being *nekkid* ?
            Cause it doesn't sound like a team thing, and it sounds like some weird
            alien exipirement to me.
            Anyone have any ideas???

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
              Ya know, this has been my stance all along, that
              has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with Stargate and should'nt be on there.

waterfall
              okay,
              i will agree that (that would be Pit) really has no place in the Star Gate story. Even the people that DID and were family didn't get as much screen time as DD *May* be getting. BUT I really don't think that PDL has that much power on the show. To not only get his brother a job BUT to have the episodes WRITTEN for him as well. Unless of course PDL is the writer for all the episodes which he isn't. So I really think it is unfair to go after PDL and DDL in this way.

As much as I hate the fact that (gads I am even getting sick of that face) is going to even breathe the same air as Jack & Sam, let alone still be playing mr snuggles with Sam (oh ick) DDL is a working man and wants to work.

Which leads us back around to the fact that Potatoe Boy REALLY HAS NO PLACE on Star Gate and THAT I can get behind.

Sally asked me what I thought about the interview. well........I have been thinking, yep go get a drink kids
              I HOPE AT was throwin' us a bone first off!!!
              Now as to A cop that follows his girlfriend to a stakeout AND THEN SITS THERE ALL NIGHT and the NEXT MORNING comes up is NOT inquisitive he is a stalker!!!! HELLO
              Now you tell me...in every movie that you have seen and the guy who is doing THAT sort of thing EVEN IF HE IS A COP, what is he??.....HE IS THE BAD GUY!!! Thank you!!!
              okay needed to get that off my chest.

The fact that a publicist was sitting there during the interview goes both ways with me. AT blurted out something and then retracted it. Gave me hope but I am tentative be cause I am saddened that she is lumping the *nasty* shippers in with the *positive* shippers
              But another telling point is that RDA is normally pretty open and candid in interviews...THAT was a VERY subdued RDA that I read. So who was the publicist there to corral. AT knows how to keep her mouth shut usually. RDA...he blabs all over the place!! So that was more telling to me that HE was so quiet. THAT gives me more HOPE then AT's outburst.

So I came away cautious yet hopeful, I am a *StarGate Shipper* Heck we are always Hopeful!!!!
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

SPOILERS season 8

Also what was that in the AT/RDA interview about Carter being *nekkid* ?
                Cause it doesn't sound like a team thing, and it sounds like some weird
                alien exipirement to me.
                Anyone have any ideas???

waterfall
                From the interview it seems as though she's probably trying to escape the replicators after having been tortured by Fifth of whatever his number is. Although exactly how and why she got naked in the first place is anyone's guess.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
                  Believe me, that's not saying much, as far as Tame is concerned!

bad vibes. I hope.

I'm a born pessimist, though, so don't take anything I write worth a grain of salt!

OzGirl
                  I think someone forgot her "I'll be a happy person pills" this morning
                  Doctors call it HRT
                  Don't put too much salt on Oz with as much time as she spends in the gutter she will shrivel up into a raisin.....
                  AH AH yep OZ I really said that
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    you may have to.... but you can leave soon after if you I am sure.
                    I am a member of RDAfans Like ya can't tell why
                    Thanks, TameFarrar! It was not so much that I didn't want to belong to a group, but the wide-spread "spamming" on the 'net always makes me a bit wary these days. But, my curiosity got better of me this time, so I joined (and read the article).

It proved to be an amusing read. What struck me as interesting (and, at times, confusing) was how actors tend to use "I" to refer to the character they play. For instance, when AT said
                    "It's just human nature to be inqusitive, ..., I would do the same thing, so I don't think any less of him for that."
                    it wasn't very clear to me if "I" referred to Sam the character, or AT the actress, because that whole paragraph seems to be about AT's perspective on Sam. (Same thing goes for RDA's thoughts on Jack in the preceding paragraphs.)

I don't think AT was necessarily condoning the characterization of (I trust this is the correct emoticon ). Rather, it seems to make sense for AT to be talking about Sam when reading the above quotes in the context of the whole article. Specifically, she was speaking of Sam's weakness that would be explored (and, hopefully, overcome) in the upcoming season. In an earlier section, AT started talking about Sam by stating that
                    "I like her, I like that she is fallible, and I like that we are exploring the weak spots in our characters. ... "
                    Then she went on to say
                    "... Carter has had no real relationship experience in the truest sense ..."
                    while never making any apologies about Sam's commnad ability. Now, just what "weak spots" of Sam's do you suppose she was referring to?

Anyways, these are just some random thoughts when I was reading the article. Didn't mean to defend the actress -- since she hardly needed it and I barely know her -- or the character, but merely trying to offer some perspective.
                    Last edited by Liebestraume; 27 May 2004, 08:50 PM.
                    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      That just made me think... how's Sam going to break up with PS? Not so much how, but for what reason? I used to think it would be because she'd realize his selfish ways, but now I don't know. Maybe PS says "Hey, Sam, wanna get married?" Sam suddenly has her life (future life) flash before her eyes, but instead of seeing PS as the mate by her side, she sees Jack. And it knocks her for a loop. She'd turn to PS and say "I can't. I'm living the wrong life. With the wrong man. I'm sorry." Then she runs off to Jack!

Sally
                      we can hope!!! I'd love that...except that she'd be with long enough for him to propose!
                      <dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

night all...I'll be catching up on posts tomorrow...we're so prolific!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi
                      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl

bad vibes. I hope.

Here's the parts of the article that stuck with me.

"I mean, the last relationship she really had was with her ex fiancé, who turned out to be a megalomaniacal freak." Raising a finger and her voice, she says, "You might recall the episode in season one when she went back and he had taken over a planet, as one's ex-boyfriend does. I don't think that outcome did much for her confidence, and I think the relationship with Pete does."

There's PS's purpose in Sam's life. I know, it's flimsy, but it's 'something', and something's better than nothing.

"Speeding up her speech and saying the whole sentence in one very quick breath, she shouts, "I think it's rounding her out as a person, and I think that any experience she gets in the love department, in terms of how to foster and keep a relationship, and how to open herself up and open her heart up, will only serve her for the future when she does eventually get together with O'Neill."

Was it a real slip?! Did we just get confirmation that Sam and Jack will end up together?! I'm hoping that it 'was' a slip. I mean, we we basically expecting this anyways. Yeah, we have to continue to see PS - - but we're going to get SAM AND JACK too! That's good news in my book.

"I mean, for sure, Carter loves O'Neill."

I like hearing this!

She adores him, and she's allowed herself the knowledge that she cannot keep pining for this man that she can never have. Plus, as a professional and as a woman, it is bordering pathetic if she hangs on. It doesn't mean that she has any less feelings for O'Neill or that she's not attracted to him. She still has deep feelings of love for him, as is evidenced even after she meets Pete.

Yes! 'Even' after she meets PS, she's still wanting Jack! I needed to hear this.

She still shows it to O'Neill, and that's never going to go away,

Yay! I *really* needed to hear that too! It 'will' make it easier when watching Sam/PS. It will.

but I think what she's learned to do is to be a pragmatist about it and say, `OK! I can't have this guy, and he is pretty fantastic, but this guy over here is not so bad either.

Jack's 'fantatic'!

Okay, I'm not blind to the stuff I 'didn't' like hearing, but for the first time in a LONG time I feel some relief as a shipper. Whether AT's saying all this to get the shippers off her back or to throw us a bone, I don't care because I'm *finally* hearing some pro-S/J stuff! I'll take anything I can get. Maybe the next interview will go back to making me feel crappy, but till then... shippy relief and shippy haze.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          From the interview it seems as though she's probably trying to escape the replicators after having been tortured by Fifth of whatever his number is. Although exactly how and why she got naked in the first place is anyone's guess.

What makes you think it's in the season premier? Here's the quote:

"However, certain parts of her anatomy will appear sans clothes fairly early in the season."

I really don't know what ep it's going to be in, but I hope it's NOT the season opener... PS is in the opener, so naked and him in one ep doesn't do me good.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE]
                            To Nickatelle: Well said!!! Ditto for me!
                            I'm a dittohead as well-- for Nickatelle. This article once again brought up some fury.

Y'all are gonna get my two cents worth on said interview:
                            rant on, I'm with you!

It seems that TPTB are trying to please all the fans and guess what???
                            IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!!
                            75% of us fans think it sucks.
                            ( I have based this figure on alot of boards I read,including "The Dark Side")
                            The no-romo's are unhappy
                            The S/J shipper's are unhappy (I'm surprised she even mentioned us)
                            The Slasher's are unhappy
                            The S/D fans are unhappy
                            The Teal'c fans are unhappy cause T is just wallpaper now
                            The Daniel fans are unhappy cause it takes time away from Daniel
                            The team fans are unhappy
                            The only people that *seem* to be happy with the current storylines are AT,
                            The DeLuise's and apprx. 25% of the fan base, who actually like "Pete".
                            This must be the most controversial show they've ever written. Thankfully, it seems they are not so oblivious that they don't know they've pissed a lot of people off, but they certainly don't seem to be doing enough to rectify the situation. If anything, by trying to salvage , they're making the situation worse and completely alienating most fans. I understand wanting to be true to some kind of artistic vision, but from what I've heard Chernobyl was a cobbled together script anyway. So just get rid of him. What is to gain by his presence, really, that couldn't be done some other way?

I thought that "spoilers" were supposed to exite the fan base into watching said program. Well I'm disapointed ,not exited.
                            sickened

My feelings on the character of "Pete" are as follows:
                            The way he was written he is suspicious not just 'inquisitive'.
                            He is also childish and immature.
                            Also first impressions speak the loudest and I don't care what the writers do "Pete" will NEVER be redeemed in my eyes as a 'nice guy'!
                            Well, if he steps in front of a staff blast or bullet for her, then mabey.
                            Who am I kidding, NEVER!!!!!
                            Yeah, that line about his being "curious" really got to me. If he was just curious, then he would have watched Sam for an hour, saw that she was on a regular stakeout and left. stayed there ALL NIGHT surveilling Sam-- as if SHE was the criminal! And I don't buy that he was there to safeguard the woman he loved. There was no expectation that there would be danger, not all stakeouts end in busts. In fact most are for evidence and intelligence gathering, so he wasn't there to protect her. He was there because (in his mind) Sam was his woman, and he wanted to know what his woman was doing-- nevermind that it totally goes against the rules of her job (which she cares about very much) that he know. Controlling, selfish SOB.

If Sam decided to follow him on a job, I think he would be embarassed in front of his colleagues. I have no doubt he would take Sam aside and say, 'listen hunny, I've been a cop for many years, I know what I'm doing. I've got a team here that has my back and you don't have to worry about me. But the (all-male) PTB and apparently AT don't see it as a problem of character for to do it to Sam. I think it's a double standard that I hadn't expected on Stargate, especially since Sam has been written so self-assured.

I know people can act very differently when they're in relationships, but he encroached onto her workplace, which should have reactivated Super Sam. After she saw that was going to be okay, Sam should have given him three snaps up and a neck roll, before reminding him, 'look, I'm a military officer, Gulf War vet and I've been a defender of this country for a long time -- and I've been able to do it competently for years without your help. Back off! How dare you disregard my position, betray my trust, embarrass me in front of my teammates, jeopardize my operation-- putting us all in danger, and demand so much of me after knowing me for a few weeks-- as a cop I expected more from you. I thought you'd get it. Obviously, I was wrong. You're not that cute. It's over.'

Note: On the 'other board' they were discussing how "Pete" should feel *lucky* that he's her second choice and should be ohhh sooo happy!! NOT!!!
                            never got how lucky he was. How do you walk out on gorgeous Sam-- in bed-- because she wouldn't give you a full enough job description!!! WTF! Who the @*#$ cares what she does for a living! I'm exaggerating, but really, how do you get so hung up on that so early in the relationship. He's truly half a man. So insecure. I mean could have found her secrets exciting. Especially after he did the background check, he would have known that she was into some top-secret military stuff. He could have said, 'whoa. she's into some deep $#*+. she could probably kill me 5 ways with her big toe, if she wanted. that's hot. I should give her her space, let her do her thing, so she can come home to me and show me some moves.'

no, instead he becomes master manipulator. I can't believe he was able to turn this around on Sam and make her feel guilty and like she was the one that was blowing this relationship. Nonsense! She's saved the planet how many times and yet, in the end, Sam feels like she's the one that owes something. WTF, did do to her?

As for the character of Sam:
                            For a genius, when it comes to men I swear she's MR.
                            Talk about a major 'character flaw'!!! Does it make her interesting?? NO!!
                            Makes her look stupid and very cliche' !!!
                            Duh, gee, which do I choose???
                            The one I really want or the idiot that I can have???
                            AT' s remark about Sam pining for Jack seems "pathetic" I found insulting.
                            someone needs to sit everyone in Vancouver down and point by point explain to them what they've done to Sam and fandom.

I think I'm done with my rant now.
                            Now back to your regularly schedualed Sam and Jack programming!
                            I have one more thing to rant about. How was able to follow Sam in the first place? What, was he loitering outside Cheyenne mountain waiting for her to come out? And how did he know Sam was in that that van? Does he have X-ray vision or did he put a homing device on every piece of clothing she owns? And why would he even assume that he would find out what she did by following her outside of the military complex? Why would he think that following her around Colorado Springs-- a hotbed of instability-- would help him figure her out? SG1's missions on Earth are pretty rare. Boy, he got pretty lucky stumbling upon that stakeout. More often than not he would have only been able to follow her to the grocery store and never would have gotten a clue as to what she did for a living. Just a ridiculous/contrived episode.

Uggghhh!!! I need shipper cookies!! Lot's of 'em!!!!
                            waterfall
                            and piece of mind.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
                              If you knew you were going to die or at least that you wouldn't be able to communicate with someonme you cared so much about, I very surprised that he didn't tell her that he loved her. At least he could of given her a less vague answer. 'I know.' doesn't really tell her alot. He could mean that 'I know but I don't want to return your feelings/and I love you/and I don't know what to say or handle it.' Delete as appropriate

Sparki
                              IMO, S/J ship was sacrificed in that scene in order to continue on with the Star Wars homage they had going in TLC2. It just didn't work, though, because, as you said, Jack came off looking cold and uninterested in Sam's feelings.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume

Thanks, TameFarrar! It was not so much that I didn't want to belong to a group, but the wide-spread "spamming" on the 'net always makes me a bit wary these days. But, my curiosity got better of me this time, so I joined (and read the article).

I TOTALLY understand your fears AND your curiosity
                                Originally posted by Liebestraume
                                Anyways, these are just some random thoughts when I was reading the article. Didn't mean to defend the actress -- since she hardly needed it and I barely know her -- or the character, but merely trying to offer some perspective.
                                Radomize ANYTIME we do it all the time here until the season starts THATS ALL we do here

Glad I could help ya out!!

Comment

Working...
                                X