X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Some general spoilers for S8

Shippers are optimistic but don't tolerate being yanked around. I stopped watching JAG for the same reason. It seems there are very few writers willing to take a chance on writing RST.

Yes and it's a real shame they can't handle writing the RST ..Look at "Hart to hart" with Jennifer and Jonathan ...They were married and the series was great , funny, with action...If I remember it well !!!!I think they only were cuddly in Private . This should set an example ..cuz I think too many series stay too long on the UST nowadays ....An other series completely different this one is Farscape ..but John and Ayrin were a couple from very early and the UST was great but the RST was great too....it didn't make such a drastic change in the enjoyment of the show.

It doesn't have to ruin the show .RST can be written sublty ...Doesn't have to turn into a soap opera.
    I'm married and I don't jump on my husband in public ...Therefore Sam and Jack being not so overt to start with, will just behave the way they always are..they know each other so well already that being together only or married ( except discovering the intimacy) should not be a big change for them anyway.

If they keep the RST for the very end , it will be bad ..They should do it, and get over it .....and let Sam and Jack handle it ....like the way they handled it in "For the grace of God " ....In that episode , even if they loved each other , they both died for saving humanity..in their alternate universe ...

Why couln't it be the same on Earth in this universe?!!!!!

And ....Happy Birthday to Token

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

TO TOKEN:

OOPS! Didn't see it was your birthday! So:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        First off, I'll say that that interview made me very happy! The more I read it, the happier I became. And I totally believe that Amanda let the 'slip' happen on purpose. Maybe to get the shippers off her back, maybe to throw us a bone. Maybe a combo of both? But I think it was done purposely. Just my opinion, though.
        No, it's not just you! I thought the same thing. It might have been her way of winking at us!!!!

(snip)
        I'm not happy with some of AT's views, but at least she's talking about S/J ship with some more respect, if that's the right word to use. What bothers me more at this moment is that she's getting not-so-nice letters from shippers. I don't want her getting nasty letters from anyone, but it coming from shippers bothers me even more. That's why I've always tried to speak my feelings to her or/and the powers with respect, and that I've emphasized what I liked waaay more than what I didn't. Just my style I guess, but I've always believed you can get better results with sugar than vinegar.
        No one should be unpleasant or threatening ESPECIALLY Shippers!!! We are nice people and we want our favorite couple to be together because we love happy endings and want them to find love and peace together.

Anyone who threatens, berates or to put it nicely is unpleasant to the actors is betraying the Shipper spirit IMHO!

My thoughts on the article: Sam's learning to open herself up again (with PS) after the last distasterous relationship she'd had (Jonas Hanson), and the benefits from it will be that she'll be ready and capable for Jack. I know, it's a bit flimsy, but it's better than 'Jack's out, here's Pete!'
        (snip)

Yes, I see where you are going with this and it sound good. In other words, Sam will have gotten rid of all of her baggage and this will allow her to be with Jack unconditionally when the time comes!!!!

Did I get that right? If so, I sure do like that thought!!!

Well, I'm going to glow in this shippy haze... until the next punch comes.<g> But until then,

Sally
        Me Tooo!! At any rate it is more fun to be in the haze than not!!!
        Ship Nana

Comment

That just made me think... how's Sam going to break up with PS? Not so much how, but for what reason? I used to think it would be because she'd realize his selfish ways, but now I don't know. Maybe PS says "Hey, Sam, wanna get married?" Sam suddenly has her life (future life) flash before her eyes, but instead of seeing PS as the mate by her side, she sees Jack. And it knocks her for a loop. She'd turn to PS and say "I can't. I'm living the wrong life. With the wrong man. I'm sorry." Then she runs off to Jack!

Sally
          Hey, that works for me!!!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by lorelei
            My thoughts exactly! Chimera hasn't aired here yet in Australia so I bought the S7 DVDs from the UK. I was all prepared, telling myself it's OK for Carter to have a temporary boyfriend, I was OK with Martouf and everybody else, but after finally watching the show I was staggered. It really seemed like bad writing, as if in Romeo and Juliet, Juliet had said, "well Romeo is OK but this other guy is OK too so why should I brave death and dishonor to be with my one true love when there are plenty of fish in the sea?". Even my husband was depressed and I didn't even think he was a shipper (more neutral). He said, "They've set up this great underlying love story, something that makes Stargate truly GREAT, and then they have this episode come out of the blue and destroy all that." Even he's not sure if he wants to continue watching!

Oh Lorelei, you need a great big Shipper Hug for having to undergo the ordeal of watching "The Episode that Can Not Be Named" so here is your hug:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Lorelei)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Now don't you feel better?!

If not try one of the ORANGE SHIPPER COOKIES. But heed the warnings on the label as apparently others have tried to type after eating them and it is not a pretty sight I have to tell ya.
            Ship Nana

Comment

Thanks, dipsofjazz, ShipDiva, and marimba for the birthday wishes!!! I'll be sure to wish for a certain pairing as I blow out the candles. They need all the help they can get.

You guys have brightened my day!! I think I must have accidentally eaten a purple cookie 'cause I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Nope. It's all the Shipper family love.

Token
              Last edited by Token; 27 May 2004, 01:43 PM. Reason: getting old and can't spell

Token ~

Comment

??? QUESTION - - - QUESTION - - -QUESTION ??? FOR ANYONE:

Sorry to barge in with an "off the topic" question, but I just HAVE to know this...

MAYBE SOME SPOILERS FOR SEASONS 1, AND 2 OR 3.....("Point of View")

Other than the "...Grace of God" and "Point of View" episodes, is there any other episode that features the "Quantum Mirror"?? I have this very distinct memory of Sam on the other side of the mirror looking through and saying to Jack when he came back through to her side... "We were married???" In a shocked tone. I know this did not happen in the two episodes I mentioned above. I also don't think Sam knew they were married in the "Point of View" episode, even at the end because she seemed a little surprised when Jack kissed the A.V. of Sam. But, I have to know... is there an episode where Sam asks Jack that question... "We were Married?". I have been looking for this scene ever since I got caught up in SG-1 around the premier of "Grace", and haven't seen it yet. It would have to be in either Season 2 or 3, cause I have seen all of the rest. I have searched and searched the episode descriptions on the web site and found nothing. Maybe I dreamed it.
                SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  Thanks, dipsofjazz, ShipDiva, and marimba26 for the birthday wishes!!! I'll be sure to wish for a certain pairing as I blow out the candles. They need all the help they can get.

You guys have brightened my day!! I think I must have accidentally eaten a purple cookie 'cause I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Nope. It's all the Shipper family love.

Token

Have a nice day and eat plenty of the right ShipNana's cookies while watching some steamy videos with a fizzy diet Coke because it taste better

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna

Sorry to barge in with an "off the topic" question, but I just HAVE to know this...

Other than the "...Grace of God" and "Point of View" episodes, is there any other episode that features the "Quantum Mirror"?? I have this very distinct memory of Sam on the other side of the mirror looking through and saying to Jack when he came back through to her side... "We were married???" In a shocked tone. I know this did not happen in the two episodes I mentioned above. I also don't think Sam knew they were married in the "Point of View" episode, even at the end because she seemed a little surprised when Jack kissed the A.V. of Sam. But, I have to know... is there an episode where Sam asks Jack that question... "We were Married?". I have been looking for this scene ever since I got caught up in SG-1 around the premier of "Grace", and haven't seen it yet. It would have to be in either Season 2 or 3, cause I have seen all of the rest. I have searched and searched the episode descriptions on the web site and found nothing. Maybe I dreamed it.

it 's the episode following "For the grace of God " the opening credit. it 's the sequel of the episode where Daniel is in the alternate universe.
                    and it's Jack who says that ...and Sam replies " Well , it's possible".

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      it 's the episode following "For the grace of God " the opening credit. it 's the sequel of the episode where Daniel is in the alternate universe.
                      and it's Jack who says that ...and Sam replies " Well , it's possible".

Caty aka ShipDiva
                      Thanks so much!! I will look that one up and watch it closely!!
                      SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOKEN!
                        SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

TBFTGoG and POV are the only two I remember. In POV, Sam did know AU Sam and Jack were married because Kalwalsky let it slip in the briefing room, but real Sam and Jack never discussed it. In "Politics" which is the follow-up of TBFTGoG, Daniel told Sam and Jack about AU Sam and Jack being engaged. At this point, Jack (pointing at Sam) says, "Let me see if I get this straight. We were engaged?!" Maybe that's what you are remembering.

Token ~

Comment

[snip] But, I have to know... is there an episode where Sam asks Jack that question... "We were Married?".
                            [snip]
                            Maybe I dreamed it.
                            Nope, you didn't dream it Leanna! It's in "Point of View", when Jack is visiting AU Sam in her room:

Jack looks at the picture on her night stand and says, "So we were...?"
                            "...married." Sam fills in. The look on his face is priceless!

Have fun watching (that ep gets shippier every time I watch it)!
                            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

ps - I feel it was my Jack drool-worthy pics from 2010 that caused the restrictions. Sorry everyone. The place I got them from... the pics there were a heck of a lot smaller than what showed up, so it surprised me big time when they literally broke the screen! It was prob just the Jack/RDA charisma that made the pics grow to mammoth proportions!
                              Of course it was the RDA/Jack charisma that made the pictures grow. Had you any doubt? I bet it is hard to tell where I am usually hanging out.
                              Last edited by Kliggins; 27 May 2004, 02:04 PM. Reason: grammar faux pas
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                Have a nice day and eat plenty of the right ShipNana's cookies while watching some steamy videos with a fizzy diet Coke because it taste better

Caty aka ShipDiva
                                Yes, your videos and Marimba's are the BEST present I could have. Add in Ship Nana's cookies, and I'm in heaven.

Token

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X