Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's bright and early & really soon I've got to run off to work , but I thought I'd check back in......

Thank you for the warm welcome Tame, ShipNana, GoneShippin', Waterfall & Major Sal! Yes, I'd love a cookie, especially those hot, gooey, fresh-from-the-oven, melt-in-your-mouth chocolately chip ones! (Ummmm.... where'd you say the milk was?)

Anyway.....I've been lurking here since 3/04 after discovering the Thread via SciFi's website & bulletin board (I'd finally decided to go check out their site to see what they had about my favorite show ). Somehow, somewhere, someway ('cause in the intervening 2 months I've forgotten when & how it happened) I got linked to Gateworld. Really liked GW & at some point linked to the Forum ...and the rest, as they say, is history.... been doin' my best to keep up with the prolific posters here! (Came back from 2 weeks vacation at the beginning of this month & won't say how long it took me to catch up!)

Before the switch to the new forum I checked out and lurked aournd several other threads for a bit, but can tell you, from this humble lurker's observations, the S/J Thread has got to be one of the most suportive, loving, open-minded (yes, I did say open-minded) and fun-loving threads here at the Forum. (No offense RDA Thunkers!) (I enjoyed lurking your thread too!) Thank you Darren, MadelineW, Shipperahoy (& the other mods) for giving us this wonderful place to both lurk and play in!

So from another newbie to on-line fandom - thank you all for giving me many a giggle, snort, & bellylaugh when I really needed it and for almost always leaving me with a on my face.

Ohhh nooo.... checked the clock - the plan was for a 5-10 minute quickie on here.... turned into 45 minutes! (Really gotta go now!) Talk w/you all later..... (Hey - there is a 3-day holiday weekend coming up here in the States.... more "window of opportunity" to come back & play. Will try to get back on this evening, barring any thunderstorms.... it is that time of year here in the Mid-Atlantic region, but otherwise will come back during the weekend to play more.........)

See ya!
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I'm Back! Sorry for the dissapearing act. You are my "private world" , and I can't sign on just anytime I feel like it. Then, the site was offline. I am like... 11 pages behind and there is no way I can catch up on reading all the posts, so I guess I will just start over.

Thanks for the kind replies... I fully understand how difficult it is to reply to every post, as is evident by my recent absence.

Thanks for the "light bulb" too!
      SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

I have been thinking about what someone was saying many pages ago regarding when Jack and Sam fell in love. After watching I.T.L.O.D., again, I believe that was when Jack first began showing his feelings for Sam. I also believe it was Jack who fell in love with Sam first, and I think Jack's feelings for Sam may be stronger than Sam's feelings for Jack. (Even though I truly believe Sam would choose Jack over anyone else) So many episodes I have watched and said to myself... "He loves her!!" More so than I have noticed of Sam... except maybe recently in Season 7.

I have to go now, but will check in with all you "crazy" shippers later! You all are soooo funny!! AND, I really enjoy all those wonderful pics of RDA!!
        SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Don't get me wrong I still strongly feel that Jack and Sam will be together in the end, it's just the road there that I am not so sure I want to take. As I said I don't want to watch most episodes of Season 8 from behind my hands, only to have them together in the last episode. The road would also be a lot easier to handle if we knew that the actors themselves were behind us, their going back and forth makes me dizzy!!!!!

Also, I don't blame AT for enjoying DD I bet he probably is a wonderful guy and a great kisser (although I know RDA would be enough for me, thank you), and I also can respect the fact that after 7 years she has a new twist on how to play Carter. That said, I guess I would only ask that after seven years of waiting for Jack and Sam to be together that they understand our point of view.

Comment

Hope you all will bear with me as I offer some ideas on the "Pete" issue. 1) Like Majorsal, think AT really wants to expand Sam as a woman (NOT superwoman) wanting to explore an area of her life she feels she has neglected; 2) Damian Kindler (writer of "Grace" and credited with teleplay for "Chimera") has jokingly referred to Pete as "stalker" -- has anyone queried him re what he was up to with these problematic episodes? 3) Those of us who have made (encouraged to make, I believe) an emotional investment in the J/S relationship must not vent at AT who has imbued Sam with such wonderful qualities (a generous heart seems to be a source of problems!) 4) Here is where I duck: I believe what Sam came to say to O'Neill, and tried to bring out on the trip to Taonas, is why she has become involved with Pete -- that while she loves Jack she wants/needs to know she can have an intimate relationship with a man; Jack's "I know" seems to me is an acknowledgment of both his love for her and understanding that Sam needs to do something for herself. 5) I initially thought Pete might be intended for a "darker" storyline, and that what Jack said to Teal'c as T departed was "watch out for Sam's boyfriend" -- T looked disturbed and cast a brief glance toward Sam. Thank you -- I feel much better.

Comment

Did Jack really say to Teal'c "watch out for Sam's boyfriend"in Lost City ..???!!! I can't remember that!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

I believe he did, but dont ask me where or when.
                How I'd write out Jonas:

Jack: Danny, good to have you back.
                *Jonas starts to walk toward event-horizon, teary-eyed*
                *Daniel notices*
                Daniel: Hey Jonas!
                Jonas: Y..yes?
                *Daniel hands him his glasses and a 'rock'*
                Daniel: Here, if for any reason i cannot fully complete my duties as team archeoligist we'll dial you up and you can be the new 'Daniel'.
                Jonas: (excitedly) Really? wow, has it ever happened before?
                Daniel:Uh...no...
                Jonas: Oh boy! I have a dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  Tracey .

For the x-files ..It's all in my head ..Don't worry ..I'm getting there ...it's just I keep receiving e-mails for some Sam and Jack requests ..They don't want me to quit....and it's so tempting when they are such good songs.

It should not take me too long to do an x-files video ...but I need to stop doing the Sam & Jack first so that I can remove the Stargate clips in my clipboard and replace them with the x-files clips.

So ..when I'm ready ..I'll let you know on the x-files thread.

Caty aka ShipDiva
                  LOL well people just need to see more and more Sam and Jack videos to help get through these painful spoilers. And I don't mind seeing some more either .

I know you do...and I can wait, I am, well, semi patient . Plus I have all the Sam and Jack videos I have downloaded to keep me occupied till then .

thank you hun...I am always checking out the XF thread even though I haven't posted in there for a while so as soon as you post it, I will be downloading it .

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                    I can honestly tell you folks that if it wasn't for you guys I would have burst by now. You guys totally helped pull me out of JAG, I started watching it awhile back, but after being alerted by you guys I too gave it up. I am with you guys if TPTB screw this up I too am through and will not get caught up in Atlantis only to have the same thing happen again.

You know I can understand changes because nothing stays the same. Take for example the relationship between Jack and Sam (oh too late TPTB already took it, lol) to me as of late they have become a little bit more intense which was a good thing. Before I knew Pete was coming back I was really looking forward to Season 8 with Jack becoming General and Carter leading SG-1 this made so much room for situations like Jack worrying about her (he does that so well) when he has to send her out on dangerous missions. The season will be Jack lite but it had promise to work seeing that there was a legitimate reason why he wasn't there. As someone stated before we could have maybe struggled along with Carter taking control and having to make the difficult decisions, there is plenty of room for growth there. New windows of opportunity were starting to open up for me especially since I am someone who doesn't usually deal with a lot of change well, but this had promise. Notice I say had promise, since finding out Pete will be a returning character and how everyone on the show is so happy about it, the windows are starting to close for me. I don't want TPTB to have Pete around for 3, 4, 5, 6 (I'm scaring myself) episodes, keep mentioning how great he and Carter are getting along when he is not on, watching Jack suffer over Carters "moving on phase",and watching Jack and Sam stare at each other when they are alone, only to have Carter suddenly realize ten minutes before the whole show ends that she really does love Jack and he really loves her seal it with a kiss and up come the credits. This is what I fear is going to happen.

((((((((((((((((((((((((Nickatell)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I totally feel your pain but with a fresher perspective I can say I think PTB are yanking our chains! I think they're torturing us because we are basically optimistic and they figure that we will keep coming back (they apparently have no idea that we are TIRED OF IT). As far as I'm concerned, I'm hanging out for one more season--I think it will be shippier than want us to think. As far as Ptui--I've heard about two eps. I'm not thinking it will be more than three. If they're budget is as tight as they claim it is, they don't have the money for lots of guest stars. Just MHO.
                    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      ((((((((((((((((((((((((Nickatell)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I totally feel your pain but with a fresher perspective I can say I think PTB are yanking our chains! I think they're torturing us because we are basically optimistic and they figure that we will keep coming back (they apparently have no idea that we are TIRED OF IT). As far as I'm concerned, I'm hanging out for one more season--I think it will be shippier than want us to think. As far as Ptui--I've heard about two eps. I'm not thinking it will be more than three. If they're budget is as tight as they claim it is, they don't have the money for lots of guest stars. Just MHO.
                      Oh Marimba, I only hope you're right.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Nickatell,
                        All I can say I really hope not!!!!! A big part of me is REALY hoping that the publicist that came up with this *game plan* for the hiatus prior to seaon 8, *The spoilers & leaks* is ALREADY looking for another job and TPTB are just riding out the storm of a bad decision. AT unfortunatley is having to bear the brunt of their bad decision and THAT has me a bit miffed but that is my HOPE!!
                        My fear..... Sci-Fi wants to keep their highest rated show. RDA wants to go. I in no way shape or form want the show to stop if there are fans out there that want the show without RDA, but no RDA no Sam & Jack...get the picture... I am not callus enough to say no RDA no show because that really isn't fair for the fans who woulfd still watch and love it. but I do know from what I read...It would NOT be Sci-Fi's highest rated show anymore and then by this time next year what.....That is my FEAR

Okay now that I have totally brought you down...sorry about that... I REALLY think and hope and pray that RDA and AT and CJ and MS are NOT just paying us fans lip service when they say WE are the reason there is a show.
                        And if we really WANT TPTB to KNOW that we LOVE Sam & Jack together we need to keep TELLING them with postcards ands letters.
                        POSITIVE letters & POSITIVE postcards.... those stick in the minds and hearts. All those GREAT MOMENTS that we all talk about here TELL THEM about it.
                        As fans that is all we have, we can talk and talk and talk here and hope that TPTB *might* skim this forum or we can let them know how much we have enjoyed this couple over the years. How much we have loved the *moments*

If we can't get them to *eat* the shipper cookies...maybe we can get them to *read* them. They already have half the season almost done and nothing is *in stone* until the film is in the can. We are one of the most POSITIVE BUNCHES I have seen can't we convey this to TPTB as well??

*thus ends Tame's inspirational speech*
                        You should make inspirational speeches more often!! I wrote another letter and *gasp* mailed it! I'm with Sally too--I hate the thought of negative letters coming from SHIPPERS! I think we (at least here at GW) are a very positive and optimistic bunch and that should be the image we project!!

Comment

OY! To reassure CatySG1 and Revet -- I only guess at what Jack said to Teal'c!! Did not intend to imply any certainty there!!! Might have said his fly was open!! Might not have said anything -- but Teal'c did look surprised/concerned! ANy other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26

Some general spoilers for S8
                            I keep coming back to the question.... What does Pete have to do with STARGATE SG1?? I can see if Sam is to now be the central focus of the show then all aspects of her life would be part of the storyline. However, I thought the show was about the TEAM involved in saving the world with ship in the background. I think Sam will grow tremendously by taking over SG1 and learning how to handle the responsibility. She doesn't need a boyfriend to round out the character.

I don't need to physically SEE her with someone else to get the idea she has a boyfriend. How many minutes of each episode to we have to tolerate being dedicated to Sam's boyfriend? I don't think I can take a prolonged engagement (eek!) of Pete. It needs to be like pulling a band-aid off...quick and over with.

Shippers are optimistic but don't tolerate being yanked around. I stopped watching JAG for the same reason. It seems there are very few writers willing to take a chance on writing RST.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              I keep coming back to the question.... What does Pete have to do with STARGATE SG1??
                              I keep asking myself the same thing...and not coming up with any good answers.

I think Sam will grow tremendously by taking over SG1 and learning how to handle the responsibility. She doesn't need a boyfriend to round out the character.
                              YES!! Very true! I love her with Jack but he loves her unconditionally and is willing to accept whatever SHE wants. In other words, she doesn't NEED him to complete her and he doesn't think that she does.

I don't need to physically SEE her with someone else to get the idea she has a boyfriend. How many minutes of each episode to we have to tolerate being dedicated to Sam's boyfriend? I don't think I can take a prolonged engagement (eek!) of Pete. It needs to be like pulling a band-aid off...quick and over with.
                              I am SOOOOOO with you here.

Shippers are optimistic but don't tolerate being yanked around. I stopped watching JAG for the same reason. It seems there are very few writers willing to take a chance on writing RST.
                              Maybe this set of TPTB will actually hear us and won't make us go through another JAG. If this is truly the last year then I'm of the opinion that there will be more ship than they're letting on. If it's not the last year and there isn't more ship, I don't think I can go on. That said, I'd love another year if we had some positive resolution to the ship (as in, Jack and Sam either get together or make a decision to get together down the road). I also know that I couldn't watch another year if they resolved the ship in favor of Sam ending up with Ptui!

And I agree with you, for some reason TV writers don't want to take a chance with RST. I guess because it has been written badly in a few other shows TV execs are afraid it will kill ANY show now. It's too bad that they seem to forget good RST CAN be written--it just takes good writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                I keep coming back to the question.... What does Pete have to do with STARGATE SG1?? I can see if Sam is to now be the central focus of the show then all aspects of her life would be part of the storyline. However, I thought the show was about the TEAM involved in saving the world with ship in the background. I think Sam will grow tremendously by taking over SG1 and learning how to handle the responsibility. She doesn't need a boyfriend to round out the character.

Cheer up Token. I see it's your birthday today, so...all together...
                                "Happy Birthday to you..etc"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X