This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
    I hope not, because that's a poor business decision. If you apply the marketing life cycle of a product to the Stargate franchise, SG1 is in saturation/early decline phase, even the cash cow, if you will. But the revenues it brings in are what supports the ability to adequately launch new products, like Atlantis. Who really knows how quickly Atlantis will take off? Will it consistently pull in the ratings and subsequently the advertising $$$ to support its' existence?. They really need SG1 to continue to do well this year to offset the potential $$ loss of a new product. They SHOULD be treading more carefully, especially when they start seeing a groundswell of shipper fans stating that they'll pick up the remote if left unsatisfied. I wouldn't want to be the one defending some of their decisions to the advertisers.

If necessary, I'll volunteer to be a consultant for them for the business analysis side. Yes (wringing hands together), then I'll slip Caty and Marimba into photog/video roles, Nickatell, Tame and Ruralstar into head writing slotsand Ship Nana gets the HEAD CATERER position!! Bwahaahaahaa..Success Will Be Ours!!! Bwahaahaahaa..

did I forget to take my medication again?

Di

OMG!!!!! You are too funny!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

I mean, the last relationship she really had was with her ex fiancé, who turned out to be a megalomaniacal freak." Raising a finger and her voice, she says, "You might recall the episode in season one when she went back and he had taken over a planet, as one's ex-boyfriend does. I don't think that outcome did much for her confidence, and I think the relationship with Pete
      does."
      Speeding up her speech and saying the whole sentence in one very quick breath, she shouts, "I think it's rounding her out as a person, and I think that any experience she gets in the love department, in terms of how to foster and keep a relationship, and how to open herself up and open her heart up, will only serve her for the future when she does eventually get together with O'Neill."
      Why is she shouting at us? We didn't start the ship. We just want it finished.

Originally posted by majorsal
      "I think it is really smart that she thinks that, I know some fans aren't pleased. I know they call him Stalker Pete because he did a background check on Carter, and again I say, she didn't know. She is not aware of what he did. She knows he followed her to the stakeout, but that's his cop instinct.
      Originally posted by sacme

he won't be on the force very long if his instinct is to blow other people's operations-- while they're in progress!
      Amen!! And another thing...he's a stalker because he FOLLOWED her to the stakeout not because of the background check. And how come no one has mentioned how disrespectful it was for to leave her bed (ick) when she wouldn't tell him what he wanted.

ugh. Isn't that condescending? You have a bf and now you can't take care of yourself anymore. You can't do your job w/o his supervision? And how did he know she was going to be in danger? He didn't know anything, that's why he followed her. He didn't do it for Sam, but for himself. He couldn't respect her wishes and her job enough to let it alone. I think Sam would have respected his privacy more. Can you imagine Sam following him to one of his busts with a zat, just to make sure he didn't get hurt? Me neither.
      We haven't seen Jack disrespect her like that. I guess Jack should have left Daniel with the terrorists to make sure Sam didn't get hurt.

Thanks for posting this Sally. I think. I have to find the rest of it to read. I hope RDA's portion is less agonizing.

ship sistah
      Amen!!

Token ~

Comment

[QUOTE=sacme]

ugh. Isn't that condescending? You have a bf and now you can't take care of yourself anymore. You can't do your job w/o his supervision? And how did he know she was going to be in danger? He didn't know anything, that's why he followed her. He didn't do it for Sam, but for himself. He couldn't respect her wishes and her job enough to let it alone. I think Sam would have respected his privacy more. Can you imagine Sam following him to one of his busts with a zat, just to make sure he didn't get hurt? Me neither.
        Really!!!! Sam gets a boyfriend and her brain turns to mush and can't take care of herself anymore, but only on the planet Earth!
        All other planets that isn't on, she's ok!!!

waterfall

Comment

Wait a minute, you folks ARE my support group... and you're drawing me in further!! And our 12-step program includes music vids and fanfic and chats! Yay!Di
          thats the plan! nothing unhealthy about bowing before the stargate altar! hehe...
          OT, my dad just figured out that the episodes I'm watching (and by default he's watching ) are episodes I've seen (at least once). That was funny...but I may have a convert! he's watching entire episodes now!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi
          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

//My first time in fandom also and ain't it nice not to feel alone?! If it wasn't for you and Caty and Marimba and Ship Daddy and Lt. Lisa and everyone else here, I think I would have lost it by now!!!//
            me too Ship Nana! <hugs shipper family> and may their lips slip soon!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
              When are we leaving??????

waterfall
              soon I hope...I've gotta be in Virginia on Monday!

ROAD TRIP!!!!

~Imzadi

Comment

[snip]
                If necessary, I'll volunteer to be a consultant for them for the business analysis side. Yes (wringing hands together), then I'll slip Caty and Marimba into photog/video roles, Nickatell, Tame and Ruralstar into head writing slotsand Ship Nana gets the HEAD CATERER position!! Bwahaahaahaa..Success Will Be Ours!!! Bwahaahaahaa..

did I forget to take my medication again?

Di
                Lovin this! What a great idea--I'll take the job!
                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I can honestly tell you folks that if it wasn't for you guys I would have burst by now. You guys totally helped pull me out of JAG, I started watching it awhile back, but after being alerted by you guys I too gave it up. I am with you guys if TPTB screw this up I too am through and will not get caught up in Atlantis only to have the same thing happen again.

You know I can understand changes because nothing stays the same. Take for example the relationship between Jack and Sam (oh too late TPTB already took it, lol) to me as of late they have become a little bit more intense which was a good thing. Before I knew Pete was coming back I was really looking forward to Season 8 with Jack becoming General and Carter leading SG-1 this made so much room for situations like Jack worrying about her (he does that so well) when he has to send her out on dangerous missions. The season will be Jack lite but it had promise to work seeing that there was a legitimate reason why he wasn't there. As someone stated before we could have maybe struggled along with Carter taking control and having to make the difficult decisions, there is plenty of room for growth there. New windows of opportunity were starting to open up for me especially since I am someone who doesn't usually deal with a lot of change well, but this had promise. Notice I say had promise, since finding out Pete will be a returning character and how everyone on the show is so happy about it, the windows are starting to close for me. I don't want TPTB to have Pete around for 3, 4, 5, 6 (I'm scaring myself) episodes, keep mentioning how great he and Carter are getting along when he is not on, watching Jack suffer over Carters "moving on phase",and watching Jack and Sam stare at each other when they are alone, only to have Carter suddenly realize ten minutes before the whole show ends that she really does love Jack and he really loves her seal it with a kiss and up come the credits. This is what I fear is going to happen.

Comment

Darren has asked that articles not be posted in their entirety due to copyright issues. I've snipped the bulk of the article but left all of the parts pertaining to ship.

Shipperahoy- Gateworld Forum Moderator
                    Oh, I'm sorry! I originally 'was' going to just c/p the ship parts, but then got lazy.<g> I really didn't know about the copyright thingers. Sorry Gateworld peeps!

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                      I can honestly tell you folks that if it wasn't for you guys I would have burst by now. You guys totally helped pull me out of JAG, I started watching it awhile back, but after being alerted by you guys I too gave it up. I am with you guys if TPTB screw this up I too am through and will not get caught up in Atlantis only to have the same thing happen again.

You know I can understand changes because nothing stays the same. Take for example the relationship between Jack and Sam (oh too late TPTB already took it, lol) to me as of late they have become a little bit more intense which was a good thing. Before I knew Pete was coming back I was really looking forward to Season 8 with Jack becoming General and Carter leading SG-1 this made so much room for situations like Jack worrying about her (he does that so well) when he has to send her out on dangerous missions. The season will be Jack lite but it had promise to work seeing that there was a legitimate reason why he wasn't there. As someone stated before we could have maybe struggled along with Carter taking control and having to make the difficult decisions, there is plenty of room for growth there. New windows of opportunity were starting to open up for me especially since I am someone who doesn't usually deal with a lot of change well, but this had promise. Notice I say had promise, since finding out Pete will be a returning character and how everyone on the show is so happy about it, the windows are starting to close for me. I don't want TPTB to have Pete around for 3, 4, 5, 6 (I'm scaring myself) episodes, keep mentioning how great he and Carter are getting along when he is not on, watching Jack suffer over Carters "moving on phase",and watching Jack and Sam stare at each other when they are alone, only to have Carter suddenly realize ten minutes before the whole show ends that she really does love Jack and he really loves her seal it with a kiss and up come the credits. This is what I fear is going to happen.
                      Nickatell,
                      All I can say I really hope not!!!!! A big part of me is REALY hoping that the publicist that came up with this *game plan* for the hiatus prior to seaon 8, *The spoilers & leaks* is ALREADY looking for another job and TPTB are just riding out the storm of a bad decision. AT unfortunatley is having to bear the brunt of their bad decision and THAT has me a bit miffed but that is my HOPE!!
                      My fear..... Sci-Fi wants to keep their highest rated show. RDA wants to go. I in no way shape or form want the show to stop if there are fans out there that want the show without RDA, but no RDA no Sam & Jack...get the picture... I am not callus enough to say no RDA no show because that really isn't fair for the fans who woulfd still watch and love it. but I do know from what I read...It would NOT be Sci-Fi's highest rated show anymore and then by this time next year what.....That is my FEAR

Okay now that I have totally brought you down...sorry about that... I REALLY think and hope and pray that RDA and AT and CJ and MS are NOT just paying us fans lip service when they say WE are the reason there is a show.
                      And if we really WANT TPTB to KNOW that we LOVE Sam & Jack together we need to keep TELLING them with postcards ands letters.
                      POSITIVE letters & POSITIVE postcards.... those stick in the minds and hearts. All those GREAT MOMENTS that we all talk about here TELL THEM about it.
                      As fans that is all we have, we can talk and talk and talk here and hope that TPTB *might* skim this forum or we can let them know how much we have enjoyed this couple over the years. How much we have loved the *moments*

If we can't get them to *eat* the shipper cookies...maybe we can get them to *read* them. They already have half the season almost done and nothing is *in stone* until the film is in the can. We are one of the most POSITIVE BUNCHES I have seen can't we convey this to TPTB as well??

*thus ends Tame's inspirational speech*
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                        Anyone else think that may be Amanda was kinda giving more away than she should when she said "when" Sam eventually gets together with jack...then quickly took it back?

Yes!

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                          Having now seen the entire article, it's worth mentioning that the show's publicist was at the interview with AT & RDA. That pretty much removed all doubt that it's the party line for me.

I'm a bit lost; what are you meaning by this? And don't laugh at me, I'm feeling a bit dense tonight.<g>

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

First off, I'll say that that interview made me very happy! The more I read it, the happier I became. And I totally believe that Amanda let the 'slip' happen on purpose. Maybe to get the shippers off her back, maybe to throw us a bone. Maybe a combo of both? But I think it was done purposely. Just my opinion, though.

Let's just say that Pete is a nice guy for the sake of argument, but really think about this for a minute, if he was a nice guy, it still would not make me feel any better about Sam or AT for being excited about it. She herself states that she can't have the fantastic guy so she takes the not so bad guy. Doesn't that speak volumns right there and she does believe Pete is a nice guy.
                            Guess work here, but I think what Amanda's the most excited about is having a different storyline to play. It's new, it's different, and I think she's just jazzed. I've felt she's more interested in 'boyfriend' than PS in particular too. I can't share in her glee, but I 'can' continue to feel glee over Sam and Jack! And I did get 'gleeful' moments to squee over in this interview!

I'm not happy with some of AT's views, but at least she's talking about S/J ship with some more respect, if that's the right word to use. What bothers me more at this moment is that she's getting not-so-nice letters from shippers. I don't want her getting nasty letters from anyone, but it coming from shippers bothers me even more. That's why I've always tried to speak my feelings to her or/and the powers with respect, and that I've emphasized what I liked waaay more than what I didn't. Just my style I guess, but I've always believed you can get better results with sugar than vinegar.

My thoughts on the article: Sam's learning to open herself up again (with PS) after the last distasterous relationship she'd had (Jonas Hanson), and the benefits from it will be that she'll be ready and capable for Jack. I know, it's a bit flimsy, but it's better than 'Jack's out, here's Pete!' My other feelings are that Amanda's very much defending David DeLuise, much more than PS. I got this feeling from the words she used to describe PS and such.

Well, I'm going to glow in this shippy haze... until the next punch comes.<g> But until then,

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I think the problem I am having is dealing with Sam the character and AT the actress and I mean no disrespect to AT. For seven years we have followed her character and her semi-relationship with O'Neill. We have gotten to know them and to care for them as if, and I mean as if, they were our friends. We have been with them and seen all of their stares, hand holding and eventual proclamation of "feelings". On the other hand AT has said that she didn't want a man for her character that she wanted Sam to stand on her own. Okay, we understood that we all enjoy an intelligient, strong woman getting her just desserts, but still the semi-relationship with O'Neill continued, more stares, head on shoulder, and major concern for one another, AT and RDA seemed to be enjoying it as well because of the behind the scenes photos we would get to see every now and again showing them kissing and hugging. The word was out. Sam and Jack were established and still carry quite an audience. This semi-relationship continues for seven years and with each passing year more and more shippers are coming aboard. This is also working well with AT and RDA although they still say "they can never have a relationship" the semi-relationship continues. Even RDA adds that one of the reasons he came back for season 8 was because there were some issues that still needed to be resolved including the semi-relationship between himself and Carter. AT herself also has stated that she would like the show to end with Carter and O'Neill at the cabin. We shippers are waiting for a resolution between Jack and Sam and suddenly in walks Pete. Out of the blue Sam is suddenly confused about her semi-relationship with Jack thinking he probably has no feelings for her and she decides to have a relationship with Pete. AT is thrilled because her character gets to have a sex life and DD is such a good kisser. Well I am glad for her but I can't understand why she is having so much trouble understanding our side. If we didn't fall for the semi-relationship between O'Neill and Carter there may not have been a season 2, 3, 4,...... don't get me wrong I love the other characters and the team camaraderie but as been stated here before their relationship is a part that endears us to the show and without it it just might not have made it. We have known Jack and Sam for seven years, we have known Pete for one episode and that fact that AT can accept his behavior because he is a cop, doesn't mean we all should. I'm sorry but cop or no cop you don't treat people the way Pete came across and of course we are not going to take him to our hearts because we don't see him as DD we see him as another obstacle between Jack and Sam whether he is a good kisser or not. Now we are told that Pete will be in at least three episodes and again they are shocked that we are not happy with this? Where did we lose them??? Yes, I still believe that Sam and Jack will be together in the end, but what I'm not so sure about is who will be around to care?
                              My thoughts exactly! Chimera hasn't aired here yet in Australia so I bought the S7 DVDs from the UK. I was all prepared, telling myself it's OK for Carter to have a temporary boyfriend, I was OK with Martouf and everybody else, but after finally watching the show I was staggered. It really seemed like bad writing, as if in Romeo and Juliet, Juliet had said, "well Romeo is OK but this other guy is OK too so why should I brave death and dishonor to be with my one true love when there are plenty of fish in the sea?". Even my husband was depressed and I didn't even think he was a shipper (more neutral). He said, "They've set up this great underlying love story, something that makes Stargate truly GREAT, and then they have this episode come out of the blue and destroy all that." Even he's not sure if he wants to continue watching!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26

The biggest problem I have with the whole thing is that AT seems to be okay with it! She has tried to be active in women's issues and here she is saying that stalkerish behavior is OKAY! It's heartbreaking!
                                I don't know if I'm hunting for clues, but this one thing Amanda said:

"I know that they call him stalker Pete because he did a background check on Carter, and again I say, she didn't know. She is not aware of what he did. She knows he followed her to the stakeout, but that's his cop instinct. It's just human nature to be... "

Amanda's saying that Sam's not aware of the background check, only that he followed her to the stakeout. Okay, that in itself should have been some butt-kicking to it, but maybe she's saying that Sam didn't get upset by it because all Sam knew was that PS showed up, but not the details of how far he went behind her back. So, maybe that also means that 'that' part of it 'will' be addressed in season 8? As a Sam fan, I want to see her get upset about it. Maybe I'm putting more into what she said than she meant, but Amanda's the one that emphasized the parts I emphasized... did that make sense?<g>

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X