X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    Ship Nana
    I just don't don't know!!! I WANT to believe that TPTB are just being just plain stupid right now and don't realize that they are YANKIN the chain for a VERY LARGE fan base. But It sounds like we are being heard if AT's interview is anything to go by. So I am confused as to why they would want to alienate all of us RIGHT when they are about to launch a new show???? That makes no sense to me.
    Makes no sense to me either!!

I am trying to be an grown-up about this. Telling myself sheesh Tame its just a TV show but when I admitted to myself finally that for the first time I HAD *emotionally invested* and taken a new step into fandom AND I was willing to step out AND let my voice as a fan be heard it no longer WAS JUST A TV SHOW. IT was just a little bit mine too. I have grown *fond* (the true fond Oz not your fond ) and I have invested my money.
    I don't know about the grown-up part but I am definitely emotionally and monetarily invested.

I took a TOTALLY new step and found the world of fandom and found all of you folks and found out "Hey I am NOT THE ONLY ONE"
    My first time in fandom also and ain't it nice not to feel alone?! If it wasn't for you and Caty and Marimba and Ship Daddy and Lt. Lisa and everyone else here, I think I would have lost it by now!!!

Now I am NOT upset at AT she is the actress playing a character. She isn't the writer or producer or the director. She just wants to work. In order to do that she does like a lot of us do.... DO WHAT THE BOSS TELLS YOU.
    I agree with you here also. Maybe AT was trying to sneak a message to us in her "slip of the lips" (speaking of lips, I wish Sam's would slip onto Jack's - ok where was I?) without getting her Boss' mad as I understand that the new laisons person was present for that interview.

Its THE BOSSES I am upset with. I would like to see one of their BUTTS in the HOT SEAT taking the same flak AT is taking for writing that drivel!!!
    Yep these are the ones that need to read the writing on the wall errr I mean forum.

I would like ONE of them to answer my biggest question....

WHY DID YOU, TPTB EVEN START THE SHIP? THEN WHY ARE YOU SUCH COWARDS THAT YOU CAN'T FOLLOW THROUGH?
    Good question!! I want the answer to that also!!

TPTB are the problem, Ship Nana....I think to get through to them I think you are gonna have to make some pretty STRONG cookies

thus ends the rant of Tame
    Ok where did I put that Chemistry Book?!!!!
    Last edited by Ship Nana; 26 May 2004, 07:01 PM.
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
      Hey Tame, I wasn't initially a gater, but the whole show really grew on me, since I DO like scifi. Originally, the action and plot lines were really key (and a little RDA goes a LOOOONG way ), but the ship really completed the addiction. There, I've said it, addiction! probably need a support group...

Hi, I'm Di and I'm addicted to SG1 and the Ship.

Wait a minute, you folks ARE my support group... and you're drawing me in further!! And our 12-step program includes music vids and fanfic and chats! Yay!
      yeah we thought we would try a *positive* approach ...give you MORE of what you are addicted to

However, I honestly think I'll have to go cold turkey if the ship is between the wrong people. I'm still evaluating. But I WILL NOT support TPTB with my time and emotional connection with another program, so Atlantis will have make do with one less fan.
      Di
      I am going back and forth on this point. I LOVE Sci-Fi but if TPTB do us wrong here well they are the same PTB for Atlantis and I won't trust them. So I will not have the same *heart* in the show and I will probably find it easier to wash my dishes that watch the show if they ...well...screw us
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        This has always been AT's feelings on the matter. She never wanted a guy for her character. She said that for 6 plus seasons, but suddenly decided she 'did' want a guy for her character. So, we have to suffer through 'As the Pete Grinds' until she gets to 'Days of My Jack.'

Sally
        hee hee. No more 'All My Boyfriends.' We need 'Jack's Hope.' Or you're going to have to put me in 'Cheyenne Hospital.' We have 'One Season to Live!'

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Hey Tame, I wasn't initially a gater, but the whole show really grew on me, since I DO like scifi. Originally, the action and plot lines were really key (and a little RDA goes a LOOOONG way ), but the ship really completed the addiction. There, I've said it, addiction! probably need a support group...

Hi, I'm Di and I'm addicted to SG1 and the Ship.

Wait a minute, you folks ARE my support group... and you're drawing me in further!! And our 12-step program includes music vids and fanfic and chats! Yay!
          Oh and don't forget the Shipper Cookies!!!!

The Purple ones are step #4, the Yellow ones are step # 5, the chocolate ones are step #6 .....
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            My first time in fandom also and ain't it nice not to feel alone?! If it wasn't for you and Caty and Marimba and Ship Daddy and Lt. Lisa and everyone else here, I think I would have lost it by now!!!
            AW SHip Nana...Thank you for saying that ((((((((((Ship Nana)))))))))))

I agree with you here also. Maybe AT was trying to sneak a message to us in her "slip of the lips" (speaking of lips, I wish Sam's would slip onto Jack's - ok where was I?) without getting her Boss' mad as I understand that the new laisons person was preseint for that interview.
            ROFLMAOOOOOOOOO
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

....TPTB are the problem, Ship Nana....I think to get through to them I think you are gonna have to make some pretty STRONG cookies

thus ends the rant of Tame
              OH Tame, I don't make cookies, but I can do pix... Sounds like somebody needs a hug....(and Sam needs a KISS!)

hey moderators - is this small enough? it'll be BIGGER when I put it up on my site)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                OH Tame, I don't make cookies, but I can do pix... Sounds like somebody needs a hug....(and Sam needs a KISS!)

hey moderators - is this small enough? it'll be BIGGER when I put it up on my site)
                LOOK PTB DO YOU SEE THE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

LOOK PTB DO YOU SEE THE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe that is the problem!!! They don't know what LOVE is even when it is staring them in the face!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Mabe the problem is that TPTB are now so into Atlantis that they have lost interest in Stargate.

Afterall, Atlantis is just starting and I'm sure they can see $$$$ in front of their eyes because they can see 8 new seasons coming up for their new show and maybe just one more, if that, for Stargate.
                    I hope not, because that's a poor business decision. If you apply the marketing life cycle of a product to the Stargate franchise, SG1 is in saturation/early decline phase, even the cash cow, if you will. But the revenues it brings in are what supports the ability to adequately launch new products, like Atlantis. Who really knows how quickly Atlantis will take off? Will it consistently pull in the ratings and subsequently the advertising $$$ to support its' existence?. They really need SG1 to continue to do well this year to offset the potential $$ loss of a new product. They SHOULD be treading more carefully, especially when they start seeing a groundswell of shipper fans stating that they'll pick up the remote if left unsatisfied. I wouldn't want to be the one defending some of their decisions to the advertisers.

If necessary, I'll volunteer to be a consultant for them for the business analysis side. Yes (wringing hands together), then I'll slip Caty and Marimba into photog/video roles, Nickatell, Tame and Ruralstar into head writing slotsand Ship Nana gets the HEAD CATERER position!! Bwahaahaahaa..Success Will Be Ours!!! Bwahaahaahaa..

did I forget to take my medication again?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26

Time for that roadtrip now?

When are we leaving??????

waterfall

Comment

I hope not, because that's a poor business decision. If you apply the marketing life cycle of a product to the Stargate franchise, SG1 is in saturation/early decline phase, even the cash cow, if you will. But the revenues it brings in are what supports the ability to adequately launch new products, like Atlantis. Who really knows how quickly Atlantis will take off? Will it consistently pull in the ratings and subsequently the advertising $$$ to support its' existence?. They really need SG1 to continue to do well this year to offset the potential $$ loss of a new product. They SHOULD be treading more carefully, especially when they start seeing a groundswell of shipper fans stating that they'll pick up the remote if left unsatisfied. I wouldn't want to be the one defending some of their decisions to the advertisers.

If necessary, I'll volunteer to be a consultant for them for the business analysis side. Yes (wringing hands together), then I'll slip Caty and Marimba into photog/video roles, Nickatell, Tame and Ruralstar into head writing slotsand Ship Nana gets the HEAD CATERER position!! Bwahaahaahaa..Success Will Be Ours!!! Bwahaahaahaa..

did I forget to take my medication again?

Di
                        My fingers are poised and ready!!!! Just give the nod Coach I am ready to go in and give my all for the team!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                          wasn't not settling pretty much the whole point of Grace?!? the whole settling for what she has in life...helllooo...so why are you settling now Sam?!?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                            When are we leaving??????

waterfall
                            Who's got the map and the munchies???? We can't eat the cookies on the road; it would be very dangerous.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                              Lurker approaches the lake behind Jack's house...........

****sticks toe in water****

mmmhhhhmmmmm.......

warm.....
                              soothing.......
                              a bit bubbly.........

****lifts head and notices the lakeful of smiling shippers****

***waves ecstatically***

****loses balance****

***SPLASH***

***cough, cough, spit, sputter****

(grins sheepishly )

"Hello!"

Hello fellow shipper! The only way to test the water is to jump right in!!!

waterfall

Comment

[QUOTE]
                                Originally posted by majorsal
                                Here's the entire article of the RDA/AT interview called Who's The Boss, by Thomasina Gibson

Spoilers for S7 and S8 *big spoiler warning*

o
                                l
                                d
                                m
                                c
                                d
                                o
                                n
                                a
                                l
                                d
                                h
                                a
                                d
                                a
                                f
                                a
                                r
                                m
                                e
                                i
                                e
                                i
                                o

<snip>

The poor woman is going to need all her strength to
                                deal with the disclosure that-shock, horror!-Carter is going to upsetmost of the male population by carrying on with the very sexy policeman Pete in season eight.
                                ick

Looking very serious, Tapping reveals, "I've actually upset most of the female population by having my character have an affair with this very delectable young man, because I've betrayed my one true love, and almost lost complete integrity of the character as a human being. At least according to the letters I've been getting."

yup

"There's a very interesting, very big section of fandom called the `Shippers,
                                oh yeah, I love acknowledgement! We're big and interesting!

and they find the whole relationship with Pete quite distasteful.
                                ick

And yet I say to the `Shippers,
                                yes?

Carter has had no relationship experience in the truest sense for over seven years.
                                and whose fault is that? Ours?

I mean, the last relationship she really had was with her ex fiancé, who turned out to be a megalomaniacal freak." Raising a finger and her voice, she says, "You might recall the episode in season one when she went back and he had taken over a planet, as one's ex-boyfriend does. I don't think that outcome did much for her confidence, and I think the relationship with Pete
                                does."
                                Yes, I've heard a stalker bf can do wonders for your confidence. *nods head* uh huh, yup.

Speeding up her speech and saying the whole sentence in one very quick breath, she shouts, "I think it's rounding her out as a person, and I think that any experience she gets in the love department, in terms of how to foster and keep a relationship, and how to open herself up and open her heart up, will only serve her for the future when she does eventually get together with O'Neill."
                                logical? I don't know, but I'm with her in the end. I don't want Sam to be with Jack in the end because she's desperate for love and it didn't work out with .

Noting the shocked silence from her interviewer, who fears that Tapping has just let loose with a spoiler, she quickly adds, "No, I don't really mean that. I mean, for sure, Carter loves O'Neill.
                                yay!

She adores him, and she's allowed herself the knowledge that she cannot keep pining for this man that she can never have. Plus, as a professional and as a woman, it is bordering pathetic if she hangs on.
                                So jump him!

It doesn't mean that she has any less feelings for O'Neill or that she's not attracted to him. She still has deep feelings of love for him, as is evidenced even after she meets Pete. She still shows it to O'Neill, and that's never going to go away, but I think what she's learned to do is to be a pragmatist about it and say, `OK! I can't have this guy, and he is pretty fantastic, but this guy over here is not so bad either.'
                                whatever. now it does sound like Sam is using Potato Poo. I don't want to feel sorry for him!

"I think it is really smart that she thinks that, I know some fans aren't pleased. I know they call him Stalker Pete because he did a background check on Carter, and again I say, she didn't know. She is not aware of what he did. She knows he followed her to the stakeout, but that's his cop instinct.
                                he won't be on the force very long if his instinct is to blow other people's operations-- while they're in progress!

It's just human nature to be inquisitive, and if you add to the fact that the person is a cop, and knows that the person you love is going to be in danger, his actions are completely excusable. I would do the same thing, so I don't think any less of him for that. Plus, he's cute and he's charming and is a great kisser."
                                ugh. Isn't that condescending? You have a bf and now you can't take care of yourself anymore. You can't do your job w/o his supervision? And how did he know she was going to be in danger? He didn't know anything, that's why he followed her. He didn't do it for Sam, but for himself. He couldn't respect her wishes and her job enough to let it alone. I think Sam would have respected his privacy more. Can you imagine Sam following him to one of his busts with a zat, just to make sure he didn't get hurt? Me neither.

Thanks for posting this Sally. I think. I have to find the rest of it to read. I hope RDA's portion is less agonizing.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Working...
                                X