This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    I think the problem I am having is dealing with Sam the character and AT the actress and I mean no disrespect to AT. For seven years we have followed her character and her semi-relationship with O'Neill. We have gotten to know them and to care for them as if, and I mean as if, they were our friends. We have been with them and seen all of their stares, hand holding and eventual proclamation of "feelings". On the other hand AT has said that she didn't want a man for her character that she wanted Sam to stand on her own. Okay, we understood that we all enjoy an intelligient, strong woman getting her just desserts, but still the semi-relationship with O'Neill continued, more stares, head on shoulder, and major concern for one another, AT and RDA seemed to be enjoying it as well because of the behind the scenes photos we would get to see every now and again showing them kissing and hugging. The word was out. Sam and Jack were established and still carry quite an audience. This semi-relationship continues for seven years and with each passing year more and more shippers are coming aboard. This is also working well with AT and RDA although they still say "they can never have a relationship" the semi-relationship continues. Even RDA adds that one of the reasons he came back for season 8 was because there were some issues that still needed to be resolved including the semi-relationship between himself and Carter. AT herself also has stated that she would like the show to end with Carter and O'Neill at the cabin. We shippers are waiting for a resolution between Jack and Sam and suddenly in walks Pete. Out of the blue Sam is suddenly confused about her semi-relationship with Jack thinking he probably has no feelings for her and she decides to have a relationship with Pete. AT is thrilled because her character gets to have a sex life and DD is such a good kisser. Well I am glad for her but I can't understand why she is having so much trouble understanding our side. If we didn't fall for the semi-relationship between O'Neill and Carter there may not have been a season 2, 3, 4,...... don't get me wrong I love the other characters and the team camaraderie but as been stated here before their relationship is a part that endears us to the show and without it it just might not have made it. We have known Jack and Sam for seven years, we have known Pete for one episode and that fact that AT can accept his behavior because he is a cop, doesn't mean we all should. I'm sorry but cop or no cop you don't treat people the way Pete came across and of course we are not going to take him to our hearts because we don't see him as DD we see him as another obstacle between Jack and Sam whether he is a good kisser or not. Now we are told that Pete will be in at least three episodes and again they are shocked that we are not happy with this? Where did we lose them??? Yes, I still believe that Sam and Jack will be together in the end, but what I'm not so sure about is who will be around to care?
    Nickatell
    I was gonna do a snip and respond but you said it all so perfectly that I just wanted to say HERE HERE!!!!!

Its about the fact that we have hung in there for 7 years saying we *understand* why you cant be with Jack.......we *understand* you are a strong woman Carter...........we *understand* you ...WHAT you got a WHAT?????
    NOPE DD we don't understand 20 something minutes can't make up for 7 years. Just how fickle do TPTB think we fans are????
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      I just figured out the perfect woman for PS! Laira, from Edora! (like the rhyming<g>)

To me, with PS's pushy qualities, he'd love a woman like Laira. Stay at home, barefoot and pregnant... what more could a control freak ask for?

Sally
      LOL. We've got a match! Send him through the Stargate!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        Well, Rural, all I can say is AMEN!!!!! So true! I hate it that a character that has previously been an excellent role model for young women is now reduced to a groveling mess that needs a man. Ok...there...I said it! Now, that said--I DO NOT think that Jack has EVER done that to her! Jack has been loving and respectful of her. If he wasn't they would have gone to bed together years ago! He has always been supportive of her and SHE knows it--she even imagines it in Grace--"I'd never ask you to give up your career"! I mean I couldn't even dream of imagining such a thing!

The biggest problem I have with the whole thing is that AT seems to be okay with it! She has tried to be active in women's issues and here she is saying that stalkerish behavior is OKAY! It's heartbreaking!

Just makes you wonder WHY AT is so adamant in her stand in all this?????
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Lurker approaches the lake behind Jack's house...........

****sticks toe in water****

mmmhhhhmmmmm.......

warm.....
          soothing.......
          a bit bubbly.........

****lifts head and notices the lakeful of smiling shippers****

***waves ecstatically***

****loses balance****

***SPLASH***

***cough, cough, spit, sputter****

(grins sheepishly )

"Hello!"
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally Posted by wynter

WHAT do you guys think we can do,to save the two people that we want to get together most in the whole world,universe??????????????
            Drug them.
            Sally
            ...with monkey sex shipper cookies!

Hey, I'm ready for the covert cookie swap mission. I've got my BDUs, Vancouver studio specs, and extra underwear --when are we a go?

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
              wheres the pic from?
              At the end of Beneath the Surface

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

mmmhhhhmmmmm.......

warm.....
                soothing.......
                a bit bubbly.........

***waves ecstatically***

****loses balance****

***SPLASH***

(grins sheepishly )

"Hello!"
                Welcome Shimmering Star!!!!!!

To the wild and Wacky world of teh Shippers

Grab a Shipper Cookie and join LtLisa for a dance and we all chant and hope Sam & Jack will FINALLY get together

Comment

Does anyone remember that AT said that RDA was a "good kisser" also? I think it was at a convention. That leaves out only the Narim actor guy, among her Stargate kisses, what was wrong with him? Oh, I forgot Joe, but that was just a goodbye peck.

Seriously, I get nervous when fans bring up the brother relationship for DDL and start blaming that for his "multiple" appearances. Maybe it wouldn't happen but I for one wouldn't want any of TPTB to get their back up about this because of hearing that opinion. We've already got more of PS than wanted, so let's not give them any more ammo.

Comment

mmmhhhhmmmmm.......

warm.....
                    soothing.......
                    a bit bubbly.........

***waves ecstatically***

****loses balance****

***SPLASH***

(grins sheepishly )

"Hello!"
                    *throws life vest*

Helllooooo ShimmeringStar

and

Put your life vest on, start doggie paddling and come on in. The water is a little muddy right now but at least we will all be together!!

Since you are now an official Shipper, help yourself to the Shipper Cookies but rmember not to handle mechanical equipment after eating the YELLOW ones!!!! Heheheheheh
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                      ...with monkey sex shipper cookies!

Hey, I'm ready for the covert cookie swap mission. I've got my BDUs, Vancouver studio specs, and extra underwear --when are we a go?

ship sistah

I've will bring the flashlights and of course the YELLOW SHIPPER COOKIES!!!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Well.......Even though I didn't start watching StarGate for the Ship it is a big part of what got me *emotionally hooked* and if it is *YANKED* away now well I too will be done after this season. I will go and see what Atlantis is up to...but I won't but Season 7 or Season 8 DVDs

ANd all that extra Fandom time....well I will be found lounging over in my favorite THUNK thread.......RDA will ALWAYS be THE MAN

Mabe the problem is that TPTB are now so into Atlantis that they have lost interest in Stargate.

Afterall, Atlantis is just starting and I'm sure they can see $$$$ in front of their eyes because they can see 8 new seasons coming up for their new show and maybe just one more, if that, for Stargate.
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          Mabe the problem is that TPTB are now so into Atlantis that they have lost interest in Stargate.

Afterall, Atlantis is just starting and I'm sure they can see $$$$ in front of their eyes because they can see 8 new seasons coming up for their new show and maybe just one more, if that, for Stargate.
                          Ship Nana
                          I just don't don't know!!! I WANT to believe that TPTB are just being just plain stupid right now and don't realize that they are YANKIN the chain for a VERY LARGE fan base. But It sounds like we are being heard if AT's interview is anything to go by. So I am confused as to why they would want to alienate all of us RIGHT when they are about to launch a new show???? That makes no sense to me.

I am trying to be an grown-up about this. Telling myself sheesh Tame its just a TV show but when I admitted to myself finally that for the first time I HAD *emotionally invested* and taken a new step into fandom AND I was willing to step out AND let my voice as a fan be heard it no longer WAS JUST A TV SHOW. IT was just a little bit mine too. I have grown *fond* (the true fond Oz not your fond ) and I have invested my money.

I took a TOTALLY new step and found the world of fandom and found all of you folks and found out "Hey I am NOT THE ONLY ONE"

Now I am NOT upset at AT she is the actress playing a character. She isn't the writer or producer or the director. She just wants to work. In order to do that she does like a lot of us do.... DO WHAT THE BOSS TELLS YOU.

Its THE BOSSES I am upset with. I would like to see one of their BUTTS in the HOT SEAT taking the same flak AT is taking for writing that drivel!!!

I would like ONE of them to answer my biggest question....

WHY DID YOU, TPTB EVEN START THE SHIP? THEN WHY ARE YOU SUCH COWARDS THAT YOU CAN'T FOLLOW THROUGH?

TPTB are the problem, Ship Nana....I think to get through to them I think you are gonna have to make some pretty STRONG cookies

thus ends the rant of Tame

Comment

[QUOTE]
                            Originally posted by Sparki101
                            Um not sure if I can post this on here, (having feet in both camps and only actually having the nerve because my stomach wants some of those yummy shipper cookies ) so feel free so ignore this.
                            I think civil discussions are okay. Please have many cookies! Be careful of the yellow ones-- strong. But after you taste the purple ones, you'll never want to leave!

I'm actually an ex-shipper. When I first started watching Stargate I was an S/J shipper, but now I'm not so sure.
                            Basically I think an actual relationship(on any show) ruins the team spirit. I am not sure that Jack and Sam would behave professionally enough and put saving the world first infront of each other.
                            Well, IMO, they've been in love for a while and have shown they can make the difficult decisions. So I don't think they would behave any different if they were together, esp. when it comes to saving the world. Would one put themself in danger for the other?-- yes. But they would do that now. As for team spirit...
                            ***team spoiler for season 8***
                            Jack is no longer a member of SG1, so the "team" is already not what it once was.

By also saying that, I am saying that they do care for each other deeply, and yes I think they do love each other. (I think someone mentioned much earlier about the scene in Heroes 2 and I agree exactly that Sam wanted to say that she loved him and Jack wanted to kiss her.) But then I get confused in Lost City when he cuts her off when I think she was going to tell him. I think those 2 episodes seemed very awkward and 'off' between them, Jack didn't seem to consider her feelings at all.
                            "Welcome to MY world!" Or actually the shipper world. We, too, do not like the back and forth, and lack of discussion between Jack and Sam. We just keep hoping for better writing in the future. You sound like a shipper that is just very sceptical that the writers can handle the relationship well and still give us good Stargate and team moments. Most of us don't want the relationship to overwhelm the show. Once it's established, all we need is a moment or two in a show.

I think they have more chemistry as friends rather than lovers. I really love the S/J friendship in the earlier seasons.
                            With regards to Pete I think he's just like a poo that won't flush.
                            ROTFLMAO! I love that! Potato Poo. Pit Poo. Poo Pit. Policeman Poo.

I liked him at first but then I got extremely angry that he couldn't accept that she didn't want to tell him about her job. If she doesn't want to tell you then it's none of your buisness! That just smacks of jealously and possessiveness (whoa! how many 's's is that!) when he hardly knows her. I hope he goes to a land far, far away sharpish, so if Sam and Jack do admit that they love each other then they do it soon. I can't stand this tiptoeing about the matter.
                            Amen!

Anyway, thanks for reading
                            Sparki
                            thanks for stopping by Sparki! I hope you come back! you will if you've tasted Nana's cookies.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Well.......Even though I didn't start watching StarGate for the Ship it is a big part of what got me *emotionally hooked* and if it is *YANKED* away now well I too will be done after this season. I will go and see what Atlantis is up to...but I won't but Season 7 or Season 8 DVDs

ANd all that extra Fandom time....well I will be found lounging over in my favorite THUNK thread.......RDA will ALWAYS be THE MAN
                              Hey Tame, I wasn't initially a gater, but the whole show really grew on me, since I DO like scifi. Originally, the action and plot lines were really key (and a little RDA goes a LOOOONG way ), but the ship really completed the addiction. There, I've said it, addiction! probably need a support group...

Hi, I'm Di and I'm addicted to SG1 and the Ship.

Wait a minute, you folks ARE my support group... and you're drawing me in further!! And our 12-step program includes music vids and fanfic and chats! Yay!

However, I honestly think I'll have to go cold turkey if the ship is between the wrong people. I'm still evaluating. But I WILL NOT support TPTB with my time and emotional connection with another program, so Atlantis will have make do with one less fan.

Di

Comment

mmmhhhhmmmmm.......

warm.....
                                soothing.......
                                a bit bubbly.........

***waves ecstatically***

****loses balance****

***SPLASH***

(grins sheepishly )

"Hello!"
                                Oh my gosh, you fit right in -- too funny, got a great mental pic and I'm still smiling -- welcome, and thanks, I needed a laugh.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X