This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    I think the problem I am having is dealing with Sam the character and AT the actress and I mean no disrespect to AT. For seven years we have followed her character and her semi-relationship with O'Neill. We have gotten to know them and to care for them as if, and I mean as if, they were our friends. We have been with them and seen all of their stares, hand holding and eventual proclamation of "feelings". On the other hand AT has said that she didn't want a man for her character that she wanted Sam to stand on her own. Okay, we understood that we all enjoy an intelligient, strong woman getting her just desserts, but still the semi-relationship with O'Neill continued, more stares, head on shoulder, and major concern for one another, AT and RDA seemed to be enjoying it as well because of the behind the scenes photos we would get to see every now and again showing them kissing and hugging. The word was out. Sam and Jack were established and still carry quite an audience. This semi-relationship continues for seven years and with each passing year more and more shippers are coming aboard. This is also working well with AT and RDA although they still say "they can never have a relationship" the semi-relationship continues. Even RDA adds that one of the reasons he came back for season 8 was because there were some issues that still needed to be resolved including the semi-relationship between himself and Carter. AT herself also has stated that she would like the show to end with Carter and O'Neill at the cabin. We shippers are waiting for a resolution between Jack and Sam and suddenly in walks Pete. Out of the blue Sam is suddenly confused about her semi-relationship with Jack thinking he probably has no feelings for her and she decides to have a relationship with Pete. AT is thrilled because her character gets to have a sex life and DD is such a good kisser. Well I am glad for her but I can't understand why she is having so much trouble understanding our side. If we didn't fall for the semi-relationship between O'Neill and Carter there may not have been a season 2, 3, 4,...... don't get me wrong I love the other characters and the team camaraderie but as been stated here before their relationship is a part that endears us to the show and without it it just might not have made it. We have known Jack and Sam for seven years, we have known Pete for one episode and that fact that AT can accept his behavior because he is a cop, doesn't mean we all should. I'm sorry but cop or no cop you don't treat people the way Pete came across and of course we are not going to take him to our hearts because we don't see him as DD we see him as another obstacle between Jack and Sam whether he is a good kisser or not. Now we are told that Pete will be in at least three episodes and again they are shocked that we are not happy with this? Where did we lose them??? Yes, I still believe that Sam and Jack will be together in the end, but what I'm not so sure about is who will be around to care?
    DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ship Nana

Comment

Let's just say that Pete is a nice guy for the sake of argument, but really think about this for a minute, if he was a nice guy, it still would not make me feel any better about Sam or AT for being excited about it. She herself states that she can't have the fantastic guy so she takes the not so bad guy. Doesn't that speak volumns right there and she does believe Pete is a nice guy.
      You said it!!! What self-respecting person says that she loves a "fantastic" guy but settles for the "not so bad" guy!!! What is that?!!!! Besides who would want to be the recipient of the second hand affections? Not that I really care about . Besides since he is such a "withit" guy, why doesn't he sense that she really doesn't love him the way she should??

Why doesn't she try to find a way to be with Jack instead of just settling!!! I just don't get it!!!

What I would like to know is if she is so confused about Jacks feelings for her how come she is so certain that he will always be there for her? Isn't she contradicting herself? Does he care or doesn't he. I really don't understand what is going on in Jacks head. I would think that the person who should be confused would be him. Talk about her sending him mixed signals. I think that is why I would have loved to have heard what she had to say in the engine room because I am not sure what would have come out of her mouth.
      No telling what would have come out of her mouth!!! I'm not even convinced that Sam knew!!! Probably would have been vague anyway!

I really need to go eat some more of the Purple (warm and fuzzy) Shipper Cookies so that I can totally forget everything and live happily ever after in my own Shipper World where Sam and Jack are together!!!!
      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Isis
        Hi to all
        I think you have to read the entire article to get a true feeling for what was being said. I am holding onto the fact the AT actually said when Sam gets together with Jack before she went on with all that rubbish about Pete. With the publicist in attendance I am hoping she wouldn’t have said this if it were not going to happen. May be it was a little thread of hope for us to hang onto.

Keep hoping
        Isis
        Welcome Isis!!!

I like the way you think. At this point I will hang on to any thread that they want to throw our way!!!

Help yourself to some Shipper Cookies. *hiccup* ahhh, I've only had just a few, I promise!!
        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
          Thanks Sally! I found the article interesting (please don't shoot me shippers). I don't think of myself as a shipper, although I love the idea of Jack and Sam together. Don't give up hope shippers. Could be this was just a plant with only half the story to get everyone riled up and there will be a surprise at the end. It also could be that I am totally off my rocker!
          Thanks for dropping by Kliggins! I sure wish I could have READ the entire article (hopefully Sal will post the link soon)--but alas, the mods jumped in and snipped it before I got the chance! Back to your post and my reply:

Have I told you that you are awesome today? If I haven't, then I am now! You're right! Maybe I'm being an optimist here (just can't help it) but I think that it could be a plant--some of it sounds like the "party line"!
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            My new video is called "I surrender" video 35 ...click on my sig to access my website.Hope you like Goosebumps!!!!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva
            Hey Caty,

I have just downloaded both of your new videos and watched them and first of all *yay* that you did some Celine songs . Second of all WOW! They are both great. I love 'If that is what it takes' and 'I surrender' and now I love them even more . I haven't read all of the 10s of pages that have been posted since I was off (I couldn’t get on yesterday because the forum was playing up ) but I have read about this interview with AT and RDA and all the spoilers in general and how everyone is not happy but still trying to stay positive, I am the same. But anyway, your videos have cheered me up so thank you ...

*hugs* for cheering me up!

~Tracey~

P.S 'I surrender' is one of your best videos .
            Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 26 May 2004, 12:31 PM.

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I think the problem I am having is dealing with Sam the character and AT the actress and I mean no disrespect to AT. For seven years we have followed her character and her semi-relationship with O'Neill. We have gotten to know them and to care for them as if, and I mean as if, they were our friends. We have been with them and seen all of their stares, hand holding and eventual proclamation of "feelings". On the other hand AT has said that she didn't want a man for her character that she wanted Sam to stand on her own. Okay, we understood that we all enjoy an intelligient, strong woman getting her just desserts, but still the semi-relationship with O'Neill continued, more stares, head on shoulder, and major concern for one another, AT and RDA seemed to be enjoying it as well because of the behind the scenes photos we would get to see every now and again showing them kissing and hugging. The word was out. Sam and Jack were established and still carry quite an audience. This semi-relationship continues for seven years and with each passing year more and more shippers are coming aboard. This is also working well with AT and RDA although they still say "they can never have a relationship" the semi-relationship continues. Even RDA adds that one of the reasons he came back for season 8 was because there were some issues that still needed to be resolved including the semi-relationship between himself and Carter. AT herself also has stated that she would like the show to end with Carter and O'Neill at the cabin. We shippers are waiting for a resolution between Jack and Sam and suddenly in walks Pete. Out of the blue Sam is suddenly confused about her semi-relationship with Jack thinking he probably has no feelings for her and she decides to have a relationship with Pete.
              Gotta wonder sometimes if PTB watch their own show! It's like oh, yeah we've had this tease of a relationship going on for 7 let's just...oh, I don't know...throw in another guy...just for fun!

Originally posted by Nickatell
              AT is thrilled because her character gets to have a sex life and DD is such a good kisser.
              rrrrrrrriiiiiiggggghhhhhtttt--bet he's got nothing on RDA!

Well I am glad for her but I can't understand why she is having so much trouble understanding our side. If we didn't fall for the semi-relationship between O'Neill and Carter there may not have been a season 2, 3, 4,...... don't get me wrong I love the other characters and the team camaraderie but as been stated here before their relationship is a part that endears us to the show and without it it just might not have made it. We have known Jack and Sam for seven years, we have known Pete for one episode and that fact that AT can accept his behavior because he is a cop, doesn't mean we all should. I'm sorry but cop or no cop you don't treat people the way Pete came across and of course we are not going to take him to our hearts because we don't see him as DD we see him as another obstacle between Jack and Sam whether he is a good kisser or not.
              You are, as ever, an astute observer Nick!

Now we are told that Pete will be in at least three episodes and again they are shocked that we are not happy with this? Where did we lose them??? Yes, I still believe that Sam and Jack will be together in the end, but what I'm not so sure about is who will be around to care?
              You have to wonder what they've been smoking if they think for one moment that we are EVER going to be HAPPY about PTUI! I'm jumping on the "Season 8 or bust" wagon--NO SHIP, NO ME! There, I've said it!

SCREW THE REGS!!! DOWN WITH PIT!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!
              Last edited by marimba26; 26 May 2004, 12:37 PM. Reason: alien mind probe caused bad html

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                Y'all are gonna get my two cents worth on said interview:
                It seems that TPTB are trying to please all the fans and guess what???

IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!!

75% of us fans think it sucks.
                ( I have based this figure on alot of boards I read,including "The Dark Side")

The no-romo's are unhappy

The S/J shipper's are unhappy (I'm surprised she even mentioned us)

The Slasher's are unhappy

The S/D fans are unhappy

The Teal'c fans are unhappy cause T is just wallpaper now

The Daniel fans are unhappy cause it takes time away from Daniel

The team fans are unhappy

The only people that *seem* to be happy with the current storylines are AT,
                The DeLuise's and apprx. 25% of the fan base, who actually like "Pete".

I thought that "spoilers" were supposed to exite the fan base into watching said program.
                Well I'm disapointed ,not exited.
                Waterfall, I defer to your infinite wisdom! WELL SAID!! In trying to sit the fence, PTB are impaling themselves on the pickets! They're so busy trying to please everyone that they've pleased virtually no one!

Originally posted by Waterfall
                My feelings on the character of "Pete" are as follows:
                The way he was written he is suspicious not just 'inquisitive'.
                He is also childish and immature.
                Also first impressions speak the loudest and I don't care what the writers do "Pete" will NEVER be redeemed in my eyes as a 'nice guy'!
                Well, if he steps in front of a staff blast or bullet for her, then mabey.
                Who am I kidding, NEVER!!!!!

Note: On the 'other board' they were discussing how "Pete" should feel *lucky* that he's her second choice and should be ohhh sooo happy!! NOT!!!
                ditto!

As for the character of Sam:
                For a genius, when it comes to men I swear she's MR.
                Talk about a major 'character flaw'!!! Does it make her interesting?? NO!!
                Makes her look stupid and very cliche' !!!
                Duh, gee, which do I choose???
                The one I really want or the idiot that I can have???
                AT' s remark about Sam pining for Jack seems "pathetic" I found insulting.
                I found it insulting as well! Kind of makes it sound like she thinks *we're* pathetic too, doesn't it!

As for the character of Jack:
                I feel for him, I really do.
                I think 1/2 of him wanted her to find someone else, cause he thinks of himself a "loser" and anyone he's involved with gets hurt or worse.
                The other 1/2 of him is devestated and betrayed, but that can't stop his feelings for Sam.
                I starting to think that mabey Sam doesn't deserve Jack.
                Beginning to wonder that myself!

And for the writer's and TPTB:
                Sorry boys(at Bridge), but you can't have your cake and eat it, too.
                But mabey Nana can bake you 2 "special cakes" and send them to you!
                Time for that roadtrip now?

Uggghhh!!! I need shipper cookies!! Lot's of 'em!!!!

waterfall
                To quote Peach the starfish in "Finding Nemo"--

"FIND A HAPPY PLACE! FIND A HAPPY PLACE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  Hi Shiplets,

I hate to be the disciplinarian and rain on everyone's parade, but there has been some discussion regarding the larger pictures being posted here, especially the ones that are so wide they break the posting parameters. While they're lovely it's somewhat of a hassle for people with dial-up and there is concern over bandwidth issues especially if the pictures are being posted from another web page. The concensus reached was that we would like these pictures to be posted as attatchments so that the people who want to see them can click on it if they so choose and those people that don't want to or are having computer issues can skip them. So basically if you want to post a picture that's bigger than a sig than please post it as an attatchment.

Thanks a lot
                  Shipperahoy
                  Gateworld Forum Moderator

If these are the regs, then they are the regs and they have to be followed, but it's left me a bit confused. I have dial up and it's SLOOOOOW. Things go even slower if I have to click on attachments to see pictures. So what's the improvement? And if this quote stuff on this reply doesn't work for me I'll go stark, raving mad, as the first time didn't. And with a SLOOOW computer I hate to spend time experimenting --I need my time to just get through the thread--fer gawd's sake. Hey, it worked!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                    Hey Caty,

I have just downloaded both of your new videos and watched them and first of all *yay* that you did some Celine songs . Second of all WOW! They are both great. I love 'If that is what it takes' and 'I surrender' and now I love them even more . I haven't read all of the 10s of pages that have been posted since I was off (I couldn’t get on yesterday because the forum was playing up ) but I have read about this interview with AT and RDA and all the spoilers in general and how everyone is not happy but still trying to stay positive, I am the same. But anyway, your videos have cheered me up so thank you ...

*hugs* for cheering me up!

~Tracey~

Hi Tracey,

P.S 'I surrender' is one of your best videos .
                    Fisrt ,thank you and yes we have to stay positive but I wouldn' t mind getting some new good shippy clips about the 2 that we are all crazy about .

Still let's hope for some good spoilers down our way in a few days ...but I'm pretty sure they'll keep the Sam and Jack spoilers in the house safe until the episodes air.

Caty aka ShipDiva *Sigh*
                    And I love "I surrender"

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                      Having now seen the entire article, it's worth mentioning that the show's publicist was at the interview with AT & RDA. That pretty much removed all doubt that it's the party line for me.
                      Really? Well, that seals it then--it's almost certainly the party line. Wonder if AT got a dirty look from the publicist when she said that bit about "when" Jack and Sam get together? Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that room.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
                        Also very true. But I would have thought he would have made an exception because when he cut her off he knew he was going to die and that there was no cure. They only found the freezery type thing at the outpost. If you knew you were going to die or at least that you wouldn't be able to communicate with someonme you cared so much about, I very surprised that he didn't tell her that he loved her. At least he could of given her a less vague answer. 'I know.' doesn't really tell her alot. He could mean that 'I know but I don't want to return your feelings/and I love you/and I don't know what to say or handle it.' Delete as appropriate.
                        Yes, I agree with you here. Why didn't he tell her he loved her? Or, at the very least, allow her to tell him she loved him. That said, I think Rural has a point--he probably did it thinking that if feelings were admitted then she would grieve all the more. Sometimes love is that way--you don't say something because you want to spare that person the hurt. You omit something about (fill in problem here) because you're afraid to be hurt and to hurt that person. I know that the logic behind this is faulty but remember that BOTH of these people are emotionally dysfunctional in one way or another. Just MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                          Really? Well, that seals it then--it's almost certainly the party line. Wonder if AT got a dirty look from the publicist when she said that bit about "when" Jack and Sam get together? Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that room.

Where is the article ? Do you have a link ? Thank you.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Fisrt ,thank you and yes we have to stay positive but I wouldn' t mind getting some new good shippy clips about the 2 that we are all crazy about .

Still let's hope for some good spoilers down our way in a few days ...but I'm pretty sure they'll keep the Sam and Jack spoilers in the house safe until the episodes air.

Caty aka ShipDiva *Sigh*
                            And I love "I surrender"
                            No problem . I got all happy after them so thank you (btw now I can't wait for your X files videos too ). We do indeed, although at the moment that is proving to be quite hard.

Yep *keeps fingers crossed for some good news*... just imagine what all of us would be like if we got even a tiny bit of good spoiler news about Sam and Jack! But as you said, if there are any then we probably won't hear much yet!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Where is the article ? Do you have a link ? Thank you.

Caty aka ShipDiva
                              I don't have a link, but it's post number 452.
                              sigpic

Comment

And I love "I surrender"
                                Oh, Caty! That is one of your best EVER! VERY POWERFUL!!! Oh, the song! WOW! Paired with the clips it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! GREAT!!! GOOD JOB!!!!

DEFINITELY HELPS WITH THE SHIP ANGST!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X