X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruralstar
    Hey Sparki.

I don't think you should feel odd posting here. I know I wish I had more time to post here and elsewhere anyway...

In regards to Lost City. I think Jack cut her off because he loves her, not because he doesn't. He knew he was for all intents and purposes 'dying' I think he was afraid of the pain leaving her in that lurch would cause. He doesn't know if he's coming back and leaving after hearing the words and sharing the sentiments. I think it would hurt him too much and her as well. I think he stopped her to spare their hearts.

In regards to ruining the show. I think they are both proffessional enough to keep things behind closed doors. If they did profess and explore a relationship I think it would be all business offworld. Jack is a consumate soldier and so is Sam. The job is the job, personal is personal. JMHO.

I can't stand the tiptoeing anymore either. Looks like TPTB aren't willing to give us what we want however. I used to have huge respect for the Sam character and I've often said she makes a great example for young women. Strong, bright, beautiful female succeeding in a man's world. After Pete and constant interviews where AT refers to him as an "okay guy" et al... I don't feel the same way. A fact that saddens me. There just aren't enough competent women figures on TV. Characters that use their brains and not their bodies to push forward their agendas.

Such a waste.
    Well, Rural, all I can say is AMEN!!!!! So true! I hate it that a character that has previously been an excellent role model for young women is now reduced to a groveling mess that needs a man. Ok...there...I said it! Now, that said--I DO NOT think that Jack has EVER done that to her! Jack has been loving and respectful of her. If he wasn't they would have gone to bed together years ago! He has always been supportive of her and SHE knows it--she even imagines it in Grace--"I'd never ask you to give up your career"! I mean I couldn't even dream of imagining such a thing!

The biggest problem I have with the whole thing is that AT seems to be okay with it! She has tried to be active in women's issues and here she is saying that stalkerish behavior is OKAY! It's heartbreaking!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
      I'm sure she probably went back and at least asked people for details. So, she finds out the final edit made Pete look like a loser and Sam inexplicably brain dead for keeping him. Now what? Her bosses still plan to bring him back because they're not done with that plot. She doesn't want her character to look bad for dating him. She's a professional. It's considered bad form to criticize ongoing plots publicly because those articles and appearances are ultimately series publicity. There's usually a party line on controversial elements actors are told by producers and expected to spout. If you don't play that game, you can get a reputation as difficult to work with and future work becomes harder to find (assuming you're not Brad Pitt). There's not much she can do but paste on a smile, talk about how great David is, try to defend Sam's actions, and spew the party line.

The whole "Pete's not a stalker, he's a cop -- that means he's naturally inquisitive" bit reeks of studio spin to walk back the icky. It's said close to the same way each time. It's coming from multiple sources. Everybody then changes the subject to what a great guy David is. I wouldn't take it too seriously as anybody's honest opinion.
      Ah, Auralan--you are once again the voice of reason! A post I usually reserve for ShipDaddy but since he seems to have abandoned us...

I agree--it does REEK of studio spin!! The biggest problem is that Amanda will take the fall for it either way! I really feel for her! If she doesn't spout the party line, she's considered "difficult". If she does, she looks like she's knuckling under and it makes her support of women's issues look like fluff (which I don't think it is). I think she's genuinely concerned with those issues so it has to be an EXTREMELY difficult position for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

[snip]
        Pete's character has been irreparably tainted because of sloppy writing

I have no doubt that David is a lovely man, just as i know that Anubis' actor, davie palfey is absolutely adorable, funny...and looks great in tighty whities and that ronnie cox is a sweet person.....the fact that the actor is nice does nothing to change teh fact that his character is a crumb
        Okay, I wasn't intending to reply to every post but I couldn't pass this one up.

Feli, I think you've gotten to the essential point here. It's the character NOT the actor that so many people have a problem with. Frankly, I think it's a little insulting of PTB to try to turn that around and act like the fans are blowing it out of proportion! Why can't they just admit that Pete was a bad move and MOVE ON!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
          [snip]
          Thanks for clearing that bit up. I always found the part when Sam goes around to his house in LC really odd. You said that you thought he cut her off because he would find it hard afterwards but I always thought that to them Jack was going to die and they weren't going to be able to save him. To all intents and purposes Jack thought that he wouldn't be coming back from that mission alive anyway. Why didn't he just tell her? Or at least not be so dismissive. If someone did that to me, without explaination, I would think that he didn't care for me at all.

With regard to being professional I meant it in the context of having to give each other up for a greater cause. I understand and agree totally with the regulations. You can't allow your feelings for someone get in the way of completing the mission or doing the right thing.
          hmm. sounds a little harsh, but then i've always been a thinker rather than a feeler!

Sparki
          OK, I'm a drooler too so think what you want --what happens on the drooling thread STAYS on the drooling thread!

I agree with you that I would be VERY hurt by being dismissed in such a way and I would wonder if he cared. OTOH, Jack has NEVER been able to deal with his emotions and we've had episode after episode to prove it. I think Sam knows this though and I think she's every bit as hung up as he is (possibly even more so). I think part of her wants him to let her off the hook--that scene at the end of Grace is a perfect example--she calls him Jack, he questions it, she backs down, he gives her an out with whole cake thing. They are two people who love each other but can't figure out how to get past their demons (and they BOTH have demons).

As for the regs--I don't think EITHER of them would compromise a mission for their feelings. Yes, they would go to great lengths to save each other but I don't see them sacrificing someone else to do so. The regs are flexible for just that reason. They are designed to give a commander the flexibility to use his/her better judgment. They are designed to prevent favoritism--a situation I don't think either of them would participate in! Just MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            Well, Rural, all I can say is AMEN!!!!! So true! I hate it that a character that has previously been an excellent role model for young women is now reduced to a groveling mess that needs a man. Ok...there...I said it! Now, that said--I DO NOT think that Jack has EVER done that to her! Jack has been loving and respectful of her. If he wasn't they would have gone to bed together years ago! He has always been supportive of her and SHE knows it--she even imagines it in Grace--"I'd never ask you to give up your career"! I mean I couldn't even dream of imagining such a thing!
            Yeah, that's what I mean. It's entirely Sam's decision if she falls for her boss. Jack has not swayed or introduced his own thoughts into her actions.
            Last edited by Sparki101; 26 May 2004, 10:14 AM.
            Honk if you love cheese

Comment

As for the regs--I don't think EITHER of them would compromise a mission for their feelings. Yes, they would go to great lengths to save each other but I don't see them sacrificing someone else to do so. The regs are flexible for just that reason. They are designed to give a commander the flexibility to use his/her better judgment. They are designed to prevent favoritism--a situation I don't think either of them would participate in! Just MHO.
              Well we really don't know. They have never faced this kind of situation after Grace. I guess I'm kinda introducing my own biases here, when the chips are down I think that most human beings would do for the ones they love rather than the right thing. Jack is an extremely competent officer, but I'm not convinced that he would actually plan to give Carter up if forced to make a decision. And the same with Sam.

Sparki
              Honk if you love cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
                Sho, whats it called???

My new video is called "I surrender" video 35 ...click on my sig to access my website.Hope you like Goosebumps!!!!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

[QUOTE=marimba26]I agree with you that I would be VERY hurt by being dismissed in such a way and I would wonder if he cared. OTOH, Jack has NEVER been able to deal with his emotions and we've had episode after episode to prove it.
                  [QUOTE]
                  Also very true. But I would have thought he would have made an exception because when he cut her off he knew he was going to die and that there was no cure. They only found the freezery type thing at the outpost. If you knew you were going to die or at least that you wouldn't be able to communicate with someonme you cared so much about, I very surprised that he didn't tell her that he loved her. At least he could of given her a less vague answer. 'I know.' doesn't really tell her alot. He could mean that 'I know but I don't want to return your feelings/and I love you/and I don't know what to say or handle it.' Delete as appropriate

Sparki
                  Honk if you love cheese

Comment

The biggest problem is that Amanda will take the fall for it either way! I really feel for her! If she doesn't spout the party line, she's considered "difficult". If she does, she looks like she's knuckling under and it makes her support of women's issues look like fluff (which I don't think it is). I think she's genuinely concerned with those issues so it has to be an EXTREMELY difficult position for her.
                    Yea, it's not much fun to be an actor sometimes. Hopefully her fans will understand that there are certain things she's expected to do and say as part of her job that don't necessarily reflect her own opinions. The public face is the obvious target, but they're rarely the ones responsible for the party line.
                    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      You might be on to something there.

[snip]
                      ps - I've read the entire article, and I feel better. Yes, she says pro-ps stuff, but she says pro-jack stuff too. Yay! If I don't see anyone else posting more tidbits of the interview, I'll do it.
                      Sally, I just read the reason for editing this post ROFL! Could you please post the link to this?

Comment

I don't think that we can truly judge the characters. I know they are fictional but who are we to say they are acting out of character? Perhaps we have been wrong all these years and Sam truly acts like this when she is in love. The viewers cannot say this is wrong or she is acting out of character. It is a character flaw and it rounds her as a person. That is the thing that irritates me most about the 'other board' is that they think that Sam is malfunctioning or something. I don't like Sam acting like this, but I accept that is part of who she is.
                        I hope she finds love in Jack, after seven years I think it would be strange not to.But I'm not a shipper.
                        By that I mean they are destined to be together, but not in the romantic sense. And by that I mean Sam is a major female character and Jack is a major male character, the two go together unlike a secondary character like Orlin or Pete. I guess Daniel and Teal'c are also major male characters but S/D and S/T freaks me out. If they were real, I can see them working out this relationship outside the SGC and therefore Stargate the show. But I'm not a shipper.

I am also not as think as you confused I am!

Sparki
                        Last edited by Sparki101; 26 May 2004, 10:24 AM.
                        Honk if you love cheese

Comment

Nice video, Caty.

I have a question. From wich episode is clip 3:46 - 3:55? That one was quite intense!

There it is again!

Comment

Nice video, Caty.

I have a question. From wich episode is clip 3:46 - 3:55? That one was quite intense!

I checked at 3.46 and I have the "beneath the surface " clip ..the one after is from 2010...when Sam runs to the Stargate.

Glad you enjoyed it and it made you feel a bit better .

We have to keep the optimism with all those bad spoilers ...if it carries on like that ..we'll never get new clips for all those Sam and Jack videos .

If TPTB is reading that , please could you give us some little sam and Jack spoilers ..Good ones ....so that we don't feel too fed up about carrying on our labour of LOVE (Videos) regarding Sam and Jack relationship....Thank you....I really would love to get rid off my frustration right now ...and I need some motivation from you TPTB.I'd like to give you a big hug but I don't fancy it right now!!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Nice video, Caty.

There it is again!

Oh....this....one is "Fire and water" ..very intense scene ..love it .

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                Oh....this....one is "Fire and water" ..very intense scene ..love it .

Caty aka ShipDiva
                                That's a great scene Caty.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X