This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruralstar
    Thanks for being the voice of reason. I do agree that it could be party line for the actors and spin for the studio.
    Having now seen the entire article, it's worth mentioning that the show's publicist was at the interview with AT & RDA. That pretty much removed all doubt that it's the party line for me.
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      Have a safe Trip to whereever Token!!!!!!

We will miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be safe
      Thanks!! Grandparents and I took the kidos to Sea World. We had a great time, but I'm glad to be back....sunburn and all.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        *waves* bye Token, have a good trip. I agree with you that your pic is just wonderful!!! I always go weak at the knees when I see those pics where they look at each other like that.
        I'm back and going to have sooo much fun reading.

I agree those pics are heartwarming. The looks say it all. Love your sig! Just another example of why they belong together.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          <snip>
          Have a safe trip!!!! We'll be waiting right here when you get back!

Oh and don't forget to pack your Shipper Cookies!!!! Wouldn't want you to go throught withdrawal!!!
          Thanks, Ship Nana! I did pack my Shipper cookies. The chocolate, I'm-away-from-GateWorld-and-need-a-fix Shipper cookies. Chocolate is always good for a fix.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            Here's the picture again for inspiration:

Since I'm still catching up, I don't know if this has been said.

JACK: There are some fresh homemade cookies in the commissary. The yellow ones look good. Care to join me?

SAM: Sounds good. Maybe we could get them to go, and take them back to your place.

Works for me!
            Last edited by Shipperahoy; 26 May 2004, 08:25 AM. Reason: Please see the post RE: large pictures in posts.

Token ~

Comment

I think the problem I am having is dealing with Sam the character and AT the actress and I mean no disrespect to AT. For seven years we have followed her character and her semi-relationship with O'Neill. We have gotten to know them and to care for them as if, and I mean as if, they were our friends. We have been with them and seen all of their stares, hand holding and eventual proclamation of "feelings". On the other hand AT has said that she didn't want a man for her character that she wanted Sam to stand on her own. Okay, we understood that we all enjoy an intelligient, strong woman getting her just desserts, but still the semi-relationship with O'Neill continued, more stares, head on shoulder, and major concern for one another, AT and RDA seemed to be enjoying it as well because of the behind the scenes photos we would get to see every now and again showing them kissing and hugging. The word was out. Sam and Jack were established and still carry quite an audience. This semi-relationship continues for seven years and with each passing year more and more shippers are coming aboard. This is also working well with AT and RDA although they still say "they can never have a relationship" the semi-relationship continues. Even RDA adds that one of the reasons he came back for season 8 was because there were some issues that still needed to be resolved including the semi-relationship between himself and Carter. AT herself also has stated that she would like the show to end with Carter and O'Neill at the cabin. We shippers are waiting for a resolution between Jack and Sam and suddenly in walks Pete. Out of the blue Sam is suddenly confused about her semi-relationship with Jack thinking he probably has no feelings for her and she decides to have a relationship with Pete. AT is thrilled because her character gets to have a sex life and DD is such a good kisser. Well I am glad for her but I can't understand why she is having so much trouble understanding our side. If we didn't fall for the semi-relationship between O'Neill and Carter there may not have been a season 2, 3, 4,...... don't get me wrong I love the other characters and the team camaraderie but as been stated here before their relationship is a part that endears us to the show and without it it just might not have made it. We have known Jack and Sam for seven years, we have known Pete for one episode and that fact that AT can accept his behavior because he is a cop, doesn't mean we all should. I'm sorry but cop or no cop you don't treat people the way Pete came across and of course we are not going to take him to our hearts because we don't see him as DD we see him as another obstacle between Jack and Sam whether he is a good kisser or not. Now we are told that Pete will be in at least three episodes and again they are shocked that we are not happy with this? Where did we lose them??? Yes, I still believe that Sam and Jack will be together in the end, but what I'm not so sure about is who will be around to care?

Comment

VIDEO 35 " I surrender " (Celine Dion) ....Goosebumps to the bottom of your toes ....Very intense.

There's so much life left for sam to live . She 'll break free to surrender all her love to JaCK.

Enjoy It's a stunning new song from Celine .

Click on my sig to access my site

PS: EDITED TO say that somebody told me It was my best video ever.I believe her.

Caty aka ShipDiva
                Last edited by Catysg1; 26 May 2004, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  This has always been AT's feelings on the matter. She never wanted a guy for her character. She said that for 6 plus seasons, but suddenly decided she 'did' want a guy for her character. So, we have to suffer through 'As the Pete Grinds' until she gets to 'Days of My Jack.'

Sally
                  Auntie Sally, I would rather call this "As the Stomach Turns"!!!

Ship Nana

Comment

To Nickatelle: Well said!!! Ditto for me!

Y'all are gonna get my two cents worth on said interview:
                    It seems that TPTB are trying to please all the fans and guess what???

IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!!

75% of us fans think it sucks.
                    ( I have based this figure on alot of boards I read,including "The Dark Side")

The no-romo's are unhappy

The S/J shipper's are unhappy (I'm surprised she even mentioned us)

The Slasher's are unhappy

The S/D fans are unhappy

The Teal'c fans are unhappy cause T is just wallpaper now

The Daniel fans are unhappy cause it takes time away from Daniel

The team fans are unhappy

The only people that *seem* to be happy with the current storylines are AT,
                    The DeLuise's and apprx. 25% of the fan base, who actually like "Pete".

I thought that "spoilers" were supposed to exite the fan base into watching said program.
                    Well I'm disapointed ,not exited.

My feelings on the character of "Pete" are as follows:
                    The way he was written he is suspicious not just 'inquisitive'.
                    He is also childish and immature.
                    Also first impressions speak the loudest and I don't care what the writers do "Pete" will NEVER be redeemed in my eyes as a 'nice guy'!
                    Well, if he steps in front of a staff blast or bullet for her, then mabey.
                    Who am I kidding, NEVER!!!!!

Note: On the 'other board' they were discussing how "Pete" should feel *lucky* that he's her second choice and should be ohhh sooo happy!! NOT!!!

As for the character of Sam:
                    For a genius, when it comes to men I swear she's MR.
                    Talk about a major 'character flaw'!!! Does it make her interesting?? NO!!
                    Makes her look stupid and very cliche' !!!
                    Duh, gee, which do I choose???
                    The one I really want or the idiot that I can have???
                    AT' s remark about Sam pining for Jack seems "pathetic" I found insulting.

As for the character of Jack:
                    I feel for him, I really do.
                    I think 1/2 of him wanted her to find someone else, cause he thinks of himself a "loser" and anyone he's involved with gets hurt or worse.
                    The other 1/2 of him is devestated and betrayed, but that can't stop his feelings for Sam.
                    I starting to think that mabey Sam doesn't deserve Jack.

And for the writer's and TPTB:
                    Sorry boys(at Bridge), but you can't have your cake and eat it, too.
                    But mabey Nana can bake you 2 "special cakes" and send them to you!

I think I'm done with my rant now.
                    Now back to your regularly schedualed Sam and Jack programming!

Uggghhh!!! I need shipper cookies!! Lot's of 'em!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Pete will be dismissed, when Sam gets out of her emotional breakdown. When she realizes the feelings for Jack are not gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
                        Pete will be dismissed, when Sam gets out of her emotional breakdown. When she realizes the feelings for Jack are not gone.

She'll surrender to Jack Watch my new video it says it all

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Let's just say that Pete is a nice guy for the sake of argument, but really think about this for a minute, if he was a nice guy, it still would not make me feel any better about Sam or AT for being excited about it. She herself states that she can't have the fantastic guy so she takes the not so bad guy. Doesn't that speak volumns right there and she does believe Pete is a nice guy.

What I would like to know is if she is so confused about Jacks feelings for her how come she is so certain that he will always be there for her? Isn't she contradicting herself? Does he care or doesn't he. I really don't understand what is going on in Jacks head. I would think that the person who should be confused would be him. Talk about her sending him mixed signals. I think that is why I would have loved to have heard what she had to say in the engine room because I am not sure what would have come out of her mouth.

Comment

Hi to all
                            I think you have to read the entire article to get a true feeling for what was being said. I am holding onto the fact the AT actually said when Sam gets together with Jack before she went on with all that rubbish about Pete. With the publicist in attendance I am hoping she wouldn’t have said this if it were not going to happen. May be it was a little thread of hope for us to hang onto.

Keep hoping
                            Isis
                            Isis
                            Jack and Sam forever

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              She'll surrender to Jack Watch my new video it says it all

Caty aka ShipDiva
                              Sho, whats it called???

Comment

Nickatell and Waterfall...you guys have said it all. I haven't been able to get through to the forum for a couple of days and have just read through 6 pages, and I must admit that I am very depressed at what I'm reading.
                                I'm so glad that I'm here amongst like-minded friends, or I think I would have been curled up in a ball rocking back and forward by now!! I need lots and lots of Ship Nana's cookies, and Caty and Marimba's videos, so I can face life again!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X