Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

// Sorry to say it GoneShippin' but TPTB already messed up big time with Pete. //

Totally. The damage has been done.

// I will continue to watch Season 8... //

I will, too, if I have time, etc., though I will not watch Pete episodes.

// but I am not buying season 7 DVD'S. //

Good for you, ses110. Hit 'em where it hurts.

// The Actors like DD and he is a relative so Pete must be defended at all costs. //

That's an interesting perspective; probably a lot of truth there. I also think the writers/ptb are probably feeling pretty defensive about the Pete character and story because they've garnered so much criticism, which could make them dig in their heels about having him on the show. Just speculating.

Is that article/interview online somewhere, or can someone post the pertinent passages here?

Never mind. I just saw the stuff above.
    Last edited by UsedToLikeSam; 25 May 2004, 05:27 AM.

Comment

It used to seem like AT wanted Sam and Jack to get together as much as most shippers do but lately it seems as if she's really backing off it and that depresses me. I know I'm not a fan of the overt ship but if they don't get together at the end I'm going to feel seriously ripped off.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
        To all intents and purposes Jack thought that he wouldn't be coming back from that mission alive anyway. Why didn't he just tell her? Or at least not be so dismissive. If someone did that to me, without explaination, I would think that he didn't care for me at all.

You might be on to something there.

Spoilers for Lost City 2

Remember when Sam was given command and immediately 'tried' to tell Jack how she felt? Well, he cuts her off -softly though- and says 'I know.' Notice the look on her face after they shared an intense stare. To me, it was of 'oh. you know? are you sure? I'm disappointed because... because I'm not really sure you know, jack.' In other words, she looked a bit disappointed to me. Not relieved that he 'really' knew, but that... she wasn't really sure he 'did'. So, maybe to Sam, she 'still' doesn't know how he feels about her. She wasn't able to tell him, which would/could have opened him up to tell her. Argh, these two ppl are so anal!

Sally

ps - I've read the entire article, and I feel better. Yes, she says pro-ps stuff, but she says pro-jack stuff too. Yay! If I don't see anyone else posting more tidbits of the interview, I'll do it.
        Last edited by majorsal; 25 May 2004, 10:41 PM. Reason: alien anal probes made me uncomfortable and i made a mistake
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          It used to seem like AT wanted Sam and Jack to get together as much as most shippers do but lately it seems as if she's really backing off it and that depresses me. I know I'm not a fan of the overt ship but if they don't get together at the end I'm going to feel seriously ripped off.

This has always been AT's feelings on the matter. She never wanted a guy for her character. She said that for 6 plus seasons, but suddenly decided she 'did' want a guy for her character. So, we have to suffer through 'As the Pete Grinds' until she gets to 'Days of My Jack.'

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
            ugh. I just get dizzy and feel pain everytime I hear something about the upcoming season. the only hope I get is from this thread's optimism.
            Will the affliction never end!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't anybody get that we HATE him!!!

ship sistah
            After reading the article I think Amanda is fully aware that people hate him, and fully aware that shippers don't like what is happening. It sounds like she received some quite nasty letters about it. She also says that Sam adores Jack

erika

Comment

Here's the entire article of the RDA/AT interview called Who's The Boss, by Thomasina Gibson

Spoilers for S7 and S8 *big spoiler warning*

o
              l
              d
              m
              c
              d
              o
              n
              a
              l
              d
              h
              a
              d
              a
              f
              a
              r
              m
              e
              i
              e
              i
              o

<snip>

The poor woman is going to need all her strength to
              deal with the disclosure that-shock, horror!-Carter is going to upsetmost of the male population by carrying on with the very sexy policeman Pete in season eight. Looking very serious, Tapping reveals, "I've actually upset most of the female population by having my character have an affair with this very delectable young man, because I've betrayed my one true love, and almost lost complete integrity of the character as a human being. At least according to the letters I've been getting."

"There's a very interesting, very big section of fandom
              called the `Shippers, and they find the whole relationship with Pete quite distasteful. And yet I say to the `Shippers,
              Carter has had no relationship experience in the truest sense for over seven years. I mean, the last relationship she really had was with her ex fiancé, who turned out to be a megalomaniacal freak." Raising a finger and her voice, she says, "You might recall the episode in season one when she went back and he had taken over a planet, as one's ex-boyfriend does. I don't think that outcome did much for her confidence, and I think the relationship with Pete
              does." Speeding up her speech and saying the whole
              sentence in one very quick breath, she shouts, "I think it's rounding her out as a person, and I think that any experience she gets in the love department, in terms of how to foster and keep a relationship, and how to open herself up and open her heart up, will only serve her
              for the future when she does eventually get together
              with O'Neill."

Noting the shocked silence from her interviewer, who
              fears that Tapping has just let loose with a spoiler, she
              quickly adds, "No, I don't really mean that. I mean, for sure, Carter loves O'Neill. She adores him, and she's allowed herself the knowledge that she cannot keep pining for this man that she can never have. Plus, as a professional and as a woman, it is bordering pathetic if
              she hangs on. It doesn't mean that she has any less
              feelings for O'Neill or that she's not attracted to him. She still has deep feelings of love for him, as is evidenced even after she meets Pete. She still shows it to O'Neill, and that's never going to go away, but I think what she's learned to do is to be a pragmatist about it and say, `OK! I can't have this guy, and he is pretty fantastic, but this guy over here is not so bad either.'

"I think it is really smart that she thinks that, I
              know some fans aren't pleased. I know they call him Stalker Pete because he did a background check on Carter, and again I say, she didn't know. She is not aware of what he did. She knows he followed her to the stakeout, but that's his cop instinct. It's just human nature to
              be inquisitive, and if you add to the fact that the
              person is a cop, and knows that the person you love is going to be in danger, his actions are completely excusable. I would do the same thing, so I don't think any less of him for that. .Plus, he's cute and he's charming and is a great kisser."

~~~~~~~~

Sally

Darren has asked that articles not be posted in their entirety due to copyright issues. I've snipped the bulk of the article but left all of the parts pertaining to ship.

Shipperahoy- Gateworld Forum Moderator
              Last edited by Shipperahoy; 26 May 2004, 08:40 AM. Reason: See my note in the post
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                Here's the entire article of the RDA/AT interview called Who's The Boss, by Thomasina Gibson

Sally
                Thanks Sally! I found the article interesting (please don't shoot me shippers). I don't think of myself as a shipper, although I love the idea of Jack and Sam together. Don't give up hope shippers. Could be this was just a plant with only half the story to get everyone riled up and there will be a surprise at the end. It also could be that I am totally off my rocker!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruralstar
                  Not to mention that Jack is being forced to settle period.

Amen to the latter. 8 years of fan loyalty deserves some sort of acknowledgement. No offence to anyone but I DON'T want just a simple fishing invitation!
                  I agree, the post about the interview reads like Sam is settling for second best, but I am more worried about Jack.

I'm rapidly getting to the stage of hanging up my shipper hat, in fact I'm getting really tetchy. If Sam wants PS then 'ave him. I'll take Jack off yer hands love. (if only I could).

Jack needs a good woman, I'm really not sure Sam is that woman. (heresy I know, but I'm really cheesed off)

Comment

Spoilers for S7 and S8 *big spoiler warning*

o
                    l
                    d
                    m
                    c
                    d
                    o
                    n
                    a
                    l
                    d
                    h
                    a
                    d
                    a
                    f
                    a
                    r
                    m
                    e
                    i
                    e
                    i
                    o

Snippage brought to you by Scotland

After seven years of putting his life on the line, Col. O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) gets a bump up the military ladder. Anderson is delighted with the turn of events. "See my stars twinkling all in a row on my uniform?"

Aww! Jack's gots some twinkly stars (to go with his twinkly eyes)

The poor woman is going to need all her strength to
                    deal with the disclosure that-shock, horror!-Carter is going to upsetmost of the male population by carrying on with the very sexy policeman Pete in season eight. Looking very serious, Tapping reveals, "I've actually upset most of the female population by having my character have an affair with this very delectable young man, because I've betrayed my one true love, and almost lost complete integrity of the character as a human being. At least according to the letters I've been getting."
                    Well firstly, I question the description of Pete as very sexy (Jack is a very sexy MAN, Pete is ... a wee BOY), secondly, for me Sam lost her integrity when she continued to see Pete when she was making moony eyes at Jack. Okay, so if you look at it from Sam's point of view, she's doing all right, having feelings for Jack and going out with Pete, her cake and eating it. But that's not fair to either men, both of which have feelings for her (well they do in shipperland). That's what p*sses me off, and I wouldn't have seen Sam behave like that, and okay she might not know that Jack loves her, but the writers do, so they should write her IN CHARACTER.

Plus I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if I don't want to like a character then I'm perfectly allowed to say so!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Well... it WAS a joke (partially), but yeah, there's an Anti-Jack/Sam ship thread, specifically created for those kinds of people who would get agitated. I don't think this is a "protected thread" or anything like that, but the last time I checked, 90+% of the people on this thread like J/S ship. If people don't like ship, they can go commiserate with others on the Anti-thread.

Also, they say A LOT of bad things about Sam and Jack on those anti-threads that we can't respond to, so I suppose it goes both ways.
                      Yeah, but they say bad things about Sam and Jack (which they are entitled to do) and not shippers and if they do say disrespectful things about shippers then I usually leap in and defend the shippers. They can't respond here, and a lot do lurk in this thread, like you lurk in their thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruralstar
                        I usually never read spoilers but I gave in and read this. I am frankly disgusted that AT can see her character that way. Sam is a mature, intelligent woman who has proven over six plus years that she doesn't NEED a man to be happy. Jacob/Sam comments in Grace notwithstanding. Then she finally gets a shot at a man and he's a creep. BUT SHE CAN'T SEE THAT????? For pity sakes wake up and smell the coffee beans!

I respect AT's desire to see the Sam character grow. After all real people are not static, they change. But she is 'growing' the character right out of plausibility. If Shippers are going to be forced to watch a central character made into a mockery and another central character be placed in painful and pointless limbo; then that is just another reason to end the show.

I love team eps, I love action, I love solid drama, I love Sam/Jack Ship and I love the Jack/Daniel friendship dynamic... But it's time to hang it up.
                        Oh well put Ruralstar. Painful and pointless limbo... poor Jack. It just sounds like Stargate it becoming less about Jack and more about Don't know about you, but I didn't tune in to see a "nice guy". I tuned in to see Jack.

Comment

Just popping out from under my barrage of work to look in on the thread...

I'm afraid it has been speeding by me. I have 6000 words and 3 news stories to write by next week for uni. And I'm at uni every day and working all weekend so I'm a little stressed

Now normally, under stressful circumstances I would come and hang out on the forum for a while or watch some stargate. Alas, I don't even have time to do that at the moment.

But I just couldn't help checking the forum today and I found that article. *YOU* know the one I mean...

I'll just say that I was alternately encouraged and dismayed. Not sure which one wins out yet.

....and Nekid????? Oh my!

Anyone else think that may be Amanda was kinda giving more away than she should when she said "when" Sam eventually gets together with jack...then quickly took it back?

On second thoughts, don't answer that....I probably won't resurface again for at least a week

But feel free to discuss it amongst yourselves.

I'm gonna go eat some shipper cookies and feel sorry for myself.

Failing that, a packet of tim tams might do the trick....

Comment

Could not have said it better Rularstar.Instead of having a Lousy Boyfriend for Sam why not show Sam struggling to take over SG-1 and why not show Sam having a little trouble solving every problem.I think that would be more interesting to see than a spying and stalking boyfriend.I feel with RDA's reduced schedule even if Sam and Jack do get together there will not be time to enjoy there relationship.

Comment

Actors have no problem with giving there Political and World view's but when it comes to affecting there movies and tv shows and there pocket books they will say anthing to protect themselves even if it does not make sense.You gotta Love Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                                Anyone else think that may be Amanda was kinda giving more away than she should when she said "when" Sam eventually gets together with jack...then quickly took it back?
                                You got it SaharaGate, had to read that part over again 2,3 times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Was it intentional? Was it a REAL spoiler? I'm not sure whether I should feel positive or not. However, I have to state that my line in the sand is drawn; if Jack and Sam do NOT finally hook up, this is (probably) my last season of SG1.

and this was my first foray into online fandom, too!! (whateever will I do with the extra hours in my day...)

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X