Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay after typing for about fifteen minutes and getting ready to post my computer comes up with an unknown error and closes and after this great piece of news to suggest there is blood shooting from my veins would not be too far off.

Anyway I will try to remember what I typed before. I do agree with you Auralan, I don't believe it was TPTB intention for Pete to come across as such a creep, I believe he was suppose to be a nice boyfriend for Sam. I also think that they feel that we shippers would never have liked Pete anyway because of who he represents and I believe that they feel that we are just blowing this whole stalking and spying thing out of hand. I also agree that AT probably didn't get a chance to see the entire episode as we did if we talked with her after it aired, but with all of the upset over the episode and with them feeling as though we don't like DD, I would think that they would have seen it by now. If TPTB would read about 90 per cent of the posts on this thread they would realize that we have come to accept that Sam is questioning her relationship with Jack and dating Pete as a means to try and find the life she wants, we don't understand it but reluctantly we are accepting it. With that said our problem is with the flaws in the character they have created. Now for AT and RDA to supposedly be saying that they are giving Pete a pass because he is a cop and it is okay for them to stalk and spy, why because they are above the law??? I can somewhat except the fact that Pete called to check on her, but the minute he found out that she was with the military maybe even black ops he should have dropped it and trusted her and relied on his instincts. I could go on and on...but you get the point, we have all said it before. Just because we want Jack and Sam together it does not blind us where we don't know right from wrong.....

Also I agree with Ship Nana, why is it that we only get the bad news???????? If I were TPTB I would be having some serious promotional concerns. I have to believe that they have received a huge amount of mail from that one episode alone, I would think that they would be concerned about making our side of the ship happy. You know I want Sam and Jack together as do all us shippers but if they drag it out too long, like JAG, they won't have to worry about Season 9. Giving us the last ten minutes of whatever season and expecting us to be happy about it after enduring all that we have will be at least 8 seasons too late. I have this strange feeling that they are already pretty sure of both RDA and Season 9. Honestly, except for you guys there has not been one bit of good information coming out for Season 8. The actors are getting what they want DD will be back, and once again fellow shippers we are holding the short end of the rope.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      Spoliers for Season 7 "Chimera"
      I heard Scifi magazine is coming out with an interview with RDA and AT and it does not sound good for Shippers.What a surprise.The Pete character is given a pass for his behavior in Chimera.Pete is a cop So he is allowed to Spy and Stalk Sam.The interview also mentioned it is ok for Sam to Love Jack and for Sam to Love and be with Pete.I'am sorry to say this but Jack should move on just Like Sam did with Pete.If it's meant to be Sam and Jack will be together.Jack needs to show Sam he can move on too and It will also Show Sam she runs the risk of losing Jack.Sam is too comfortable in believing Jack will wait for her Forever.It is one thing if Sam did not move on then I can see Jack waiting for Sam.I have a real problem with Jack having to sit and do nothing while Sam has a good time with Pete.Jack is not one to just sit on the sidelines but the Sam and Pete farce is making him look helpless.I have no problem if an Actor likes a guest Star and I have no problem if an actor is not pro Jack and Sam Ship but I have a problem when I hear comments that make Pete sound like a hero or he did nothing wrong in Chimera.
      ugh. I just get dizzy and feel pain everytime I hear something about the upcoming season. the only hope I get is from this thread's optimism.
      Will the affliction never end!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't anybody get that we HATE him!!!

I'm gonna need cookies, cake, videos, fan fic, shippy pix, smileys, hugs and whatever else we have in reserve to get through this season.

ship sistah
      Last edited by sacme; 24 May 2004, 10:26 PM.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

You make very good points auralan but it sends a message that spying and Stalking are ok when an actor keeps defending Pete.The Pete character was rewarded at the end of Chimera when the Sam character should have ripped him good.If TPTB and the Actors want to keep Pete that's fine but do not insult my intelligence and other Shipper's intelligence by defending Pete's actions.I also do not want to hear about regulations keeping Sam and Jack from being together when Pete was told everything about the Stargate.Where were the regulations then.
        you make very good points, too! made so many bad choices and was rewarded for every one of them. To hear that he will never even get a stern look for his behavior is maddening. you're right, the audience should be rewarded for having to deal with all this foolishness by releasing us from the regs issue-- just like they released from any real consequences to his actions. it's only fair.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally Posted by majorsal
          Four more juicy scruffy Jack photos from 2010.

Originally posted by sacme
          THANK YOU!!!! Those were so YUMMY!

ship sistah

Thanks! What I don't understand, though, is why they came out SO big?! They weren't that big on the website I got them from.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

but I LOVE the UST between Sam and Jack The RST will be smashing 4 episodes before the end of season 8.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Promise?! Promise, Caty? You'll get a years supply of MONKEY SEX cookies, and TWO JackClones with naquada enhanced... parts. *clears throat*

Caty, I think the only thing you can do is send the powers your videos. With the shipper cookies we're sending them already, and then your 'powers of persuasion' videos... we'll be smiling in front of our tvs when Sam takes Jack for a ride on her motorcycle to his cabin. Their cabin. With no fish.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              Well I hate to burst your bubble on this one but this is a *Protected Thread* Anti/Shippers can't defend themselves here and Their Anti/Ship thread is *Protected* as well. There is However a "Ship Discussion Thread" for both Houses (I feel like I am in the Movie Dune) to meet and discuss both views in a civil manner. By each group having a *Protected Thread* there is a place that all can rejoice in their chosen shipper heaven and not feel threatened and not have to defend it. So we REFRAIN from EVER saying anything derogatory about anyone who dislikes ship here since they can not defend themselves.

Shipperahoy is the Moderator over here and she could probably answer any questions you might have.

No thanks. I don't have any questions. I just don't have anything derogatory to say about people who don't like J/S ship, because I think it's pretty lame to argue with people when it comes to their opinions, you know?

But... that's a moot point, I suppose.

I like ship and no one is gonna change my mind on that. I like Pete, but I don't like his contribution to the show - it just seems kinda baseless when I think about it sometimes. I'm sure he's an OK guy... just not the guy for Sam.
              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 24 May 2004, 10:53 PM. Reason: it came out funny...

Comment

All
                I have been watching this show since day one and have every episode so far
                but i get believe that sam and jack should have some kind of peace about all
                the rules and reg. think it would be cool, somehow.
                They can't just deny it forever, there would have to be a happy medium.

didn't he resign in the last show? So carter would go ahead and take command?
                Why couldn't they get together after they save him, before any real decisions
                would be made? It could happen.
                Jack and Sam deserve it, after all the timez of saving the world.

OH YES, They Will be together.
                wendygray1

Comment

Spoliers for Season 7 "Chimera"

I heard Scifi magazine is coming out with an interview with RDA and AT and it does not sound good for Shippers.What a surprise.The Pete character is given a pass for his behavior in Chimera.Pete is a cop So he is allowed to Spy and Stalk Sam.The interview also mentioned it is ok for Sam to Love Jack and for Sam to Love and be with Pete.I'am sorry to say this but Jack should move on just Like Sam did with Pete.If it's meant to be Sam and Jack will be together.Jack needs to show Sam he can move on too and It will also Show Sam she runs the risk of losing Jack.Sam is too comfortable in believing Jack will wait for her Forever.It is one thing if Sam did not move on then I can see Jack waiting for Sam.I have a real problem with Jack having to sit and do nothing while Sam has a good time with Pete.Jack is not one to just sit on the sidelines but the Sam and Pete farce is making him look helpless.I have no problem if an Actor likes a guest Star and I have no problem if an actor is not pro Jack and Sam Ship but I have a problem when I hear comments that make Pete sound like a hero or he did nothing wrong in Chimera.

I was going to see if anyone posted about this. I got info about this on the samjack list and spoilme group. This is what was said on spoilme: (the post on spoilme is from cabouse18)

//=cabouse18's words

//The whole article went back and forth between interviews with RDA and At but AT's interview was mainly about how she was excited about returning for another season and seeing her character grow. I am sorry to say that for those of you who hate Pete, she speaks very highly of the relationship between the two characters.She said that while Carter still loves O'Neill it is possible for her character to love another guy and be with him.//

quoting Amanda Tapping:

"She still had deep feelings for him (meaning O'Neill), as is
                  evidenced when she meets Pete. She still shows it to O'Neill, and that's never going to go away, but I think what she's learned to do is to be a pragmatist about it and say, 'OK! I can't have this guy, and he is pretty fantastic, but this guy over here is not so bad"

//She also mentions how the fans are referring to Pete as
                  Stalker Pete and doesn't blame his character for doing what he did in "Chimera." She said her character would understand b/c Pete is a cop and is inquisitive.//

K, well, as usual, nothing really different. Well, other than AT thinking it's alright to be treated like that.

What I like about Amanda's statement, though, is she's said that the 'Sam caring for Jack' scenes are going to continue -THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU- and that she thinks Jack's fantastic. Also appreciated her lovely sentiments on PS... not so bad.

Sally
                  Last edited by majorsal; 24 May 2004, 11:12 PM. Reason: frown face got in there by accident
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                    No season 8 spoilers, just speculation.

I really think they had a long term plan for the whole boyfriend plot and genuinely had no idea (being too close to the situation as the plot morphed through a rather rushed and crazy development process) how Pete would come across in the final edit. Now they're stuck in a bit of a dilemma. They have a long term plan that needs a boyfriend. They have an actor they like and want to use again. They have a plot that works with this character. Chimera was filmed late in the shooting order and aired long after they shut down production, so they couldn't go back and adjust anything in season 7.

They're a little stuck -- especially if they need Sam to already be in a relationship at the beginning of season 8 for whatever they have planned. I'm sure there are ways they could work around it with enough reworking, but they seem to have chosen to limp along with the original plan as best they can. Why? Probably a combination of wanting to keep the actor, liking the original plot idea, and not having better idea of how to get to the eventual conclusion. I don't think we'd like it much better if they got rid of Pete only to replace him with another boyfriend so they could try it again -- this time over correcting with somebody so painfully perfect it'd make our teeth hurt. Especially since this whole plot isn't really about Pete. That he didn't turn out exactly as planned doesn't prevent him from serving his purpose. Plot devices need only get the job done, it doesn't have to be pretty. They they're just glossing over it and keeping him anyway actually says quite a bit. If he were actually being set up to matter, you can bet they'd be a lot more concerned that a chunk of viewers have major issues with the character and don't think he's good for Sam. Instead they're just weathering the complaints until we get to the payoff. Once we're there, I bet Pete's the last thing we'll be discussing.

As always, Auralan, the calm in the stormy seas of ship. I'm hoping that even though Amanda doesn't think being treated poorly needs to be addressed, maybe the writers will at least 'try' to address it and have a scene where Sam tells PS as much.

Sally
                    Last edited by majorsal; 25 May 2004, 12:52 AM. Reason: sun spots
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

hiya guys just trying to keep up with you all.Isn't this the best family of shippers around.
                      Well any-way maybe we can all get together e-mail or write to the show and tell them how we feel,if we react then maybe they will.
                      i'm not promising miracles,maybe they won't get sam and jack together ,they might marry sam off to (they better not)but at least we have tried to save what we believe in.
                      All we need is for jack to do some-thing,but every-thing is under the rules,even in that time loop he handed in his resignation b4 kising sam and that was in the loop.I don't think he will stand down now as easy as he has just taken command of the sgc.
                      WHAT do you guys think we can do,to save the two people that we want to get together most in the whole world,universe??????????????

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell

<snip>

to suggest there is blood shooting from my veins would not be too far off.

LOL!

Anyway I will try to remember what I typed before. I do agree with you Auralan, I don't believe it was TPTB intention for Pete to come across as such a creep, I believe he was suppose to be a nice boyfriend for Sam. I also think that they feel that we shippers would never have liked Pete anyway because of who he represents and I believe that they feel that we are just blowing this whole stalking and spying thing out of hand. I also agree that AT probably didn't get a chance to see the entire episode as we did if we talked with her after it aired, but with all of the upset over the episode and with them feeling as though we don't like DD, I would think that they would have seen it by now. If TPTB would read about 90 per cent of the posts on this thread they would realize that we have come to accept that Sam is questioning her relationship with Jack and dating Pete as a means to try and find the life she wants, we don't understand it but reluctantly we are accepting it. With that said our problem is with the flaws in the character they have created. Now for AT and RDA to supposedly be saying that they are giving Pete a pass because he is a cop and it is okay for them to stalk and spy, why because they are above the law??? I can somewhat except the fact that Pete called to check on her, but the minute he found out that she was with the military maybe even black ops he should have dropped it and trusted her and relied on his instincts. I could go on and on...but you get the point, we have all said it before. Just because we want Jack and Sam together it does not blind us where we don't know right from wrong.....

Also I agree with Ship Nana, why is it that we only get the bad news???????? If I were TPTB I would be having some serious promotional concerns. I have to believe that they have received a huge amount of mail from that one episode alone, I would think that they would be concerned about making our side of the ship happy. You know I want Sam and Jack together as do all us shippers but if they drag it out too long, like JAG, they won't have to worry about Season 9. Giving us the last ten minutes of whatever season and expecting us to be happy about it after enduring all that we have will be at least 8 seasons too late. I have this strange feeling that they are already pretty sure of both RDA and Season 9. Honestly, except for you guys there has not been one bit of good information coming out for Season 8. The actors are getting what they want DD will be back, and once again fellow shippers we are holding the short end of the rope.

First off, NO SEASON NINE! And you're right, not one piece of exciting ship info has been released. All I've been able to get excited for was the season premier(s), but now that PS is intruding on it... there went the one and ONLY ep I was interested in. Jeez, I haven't even heard of a Sam ep!

Now, I agree with everything you've said. And seeing as I read on another forum, I can tell you that we're not the only fans upset with things. As far as I can see, 75 to 85 percent of fans are upset about one thing or another. That's not good, and that's an understatement. So, they don't want to drop the bf for Sam? Okay. They don't want to fix the bf so he doesn't come off as a selfish *swear word*? Okay. But, how about fixing Sam's reputation then? Let her confront, *finally* confront PS on what he did. His behavior was outrageous for a cop, but *especially* for a bf. Let her call him on it! At least Sam fans can feel their Sam is acting like the strong and independant woman we've known all these years.

Now, here's a theory... what if the reason we're not getting shippy spoilers is because the latter half of the season will be BIG for Sam and Jack and they want to save the hoopla -good and bad- till later? That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Sally

ps - Where's ship daddy?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          That story makes me wonder what happened to Jack and Sam that they did not end up together. Like what mistake they made, what wrong turn they took!!! Just don't want to see it happen for real this time around!!
                          I don't know if you read fan fic but Sally Reeve wrote a really good one which deals with this. I think she felt the same, what on earth happend between them! Jack was so bitter in 2010 but still so drawn to her... ::sigh:: I just love it. Surely Pete can't come between them permanently. They have such a connection, such real feeling for each other. I'm determined to stay positive because I just can't imagine thowing seven years of UST, angst, feelings, emotion, caring, love down the drain, it just wouldn't make sense.

Here is the link to Sally's fic if you are interested

http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/2001v2.html

erika

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            I like Pete, but I don't like his contribution to the show - it just seems kinda baseless when I think about it sometimes. I'm sure he's an OK guy... just not the guy for Sam.

I just figured out the perfect woman for PS! Laira, from Edora! (like the rhyming<g>)

To me, with PS's pushy qualities, he'd love a woman like Laira. Stay at home, barefoot and pregnant... what more could a control freak ask for?

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wendy_gray1
                              All
                              I have been watching this show since day one and have every episode so far
                              but i get believe that sam and jack should have some kind of peace about all
                              the rules and reg. think it would be cool, somehow.
                              They can't just deny it forever, there would have to be a happy medium.

didn't he resign in the last show? So carter would go ahead and take command?
                              Why couldn't they get together after they save him, before any real decisions
                              would be made? It could happen.
                              Jack and Sam deserve it, after all the timez of saving the world.

OH YES, They Will be together.

I like the way you think, Wendy! Yes, Sam and Jack get married while he's still resigned. Then he's recalled and he says, "Oops, I kinda got married while I was defrosting. Oh, and the woman I married is kinda my 2IC. Oh, well, guess you'll have to take the set."

Btw, Wendy, if you're a newbie here, welcome!

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                                WHAT do you guys think we can do,to save the two people that we want to get together most in the whole world,universe??????????????

Drug them.

Sally

ps - I write postcards.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X