This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    Neither do I! I think they look GREAT together!
    Fantastic shot, love it! They really do look great together. Perhaps that pic should be sent to TPTB!

Comment

i've said it before and knowing me, i may just say it again.
      spoilers from season 7, "grace" and "chimera"
      i find it very interesting, that in the "previously on" part before "chimera", they included segments of the scene from "grace" with jack, where he says: " maybe its not me thats the problem here" AND " i'm a safe bet".

the real question here is, would they have included those lines if they didn't intend to continue the S/J ship in a positive manner? (positive to us that is )
      or are they just leading us on? because that particular element gave me hope, and made me optimistic about watching "chimera". then at the end she didn't dump the chump and i was all like "hey! what the hell is wrong with her?! h's a b@$t@rd! dump him sam! dump him! what are you smiling about you idiot, he screwed you over royally!"

that and of course the confusion as to whether or not i had actually just been watching stargate, and not some other show. i thought i saw some mild stargate references in there somewhere, and some of the actors looked familiar. but gosh darn it i could swear that was the pilot for a sex and the city spin off or something. ya know with a vaguely sci fi twist.

should i go to anger management classes or something? if i do i'm billing anyone who had anything to do with the production and the making of "chimera".

thus ends, yet another rant.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        ..... i do get the feeling that maybe half the writers like ship, just not nearly as much as we do (i'm not sure that would be possible in some cases ) and that some are oblivious to it for the most part. they used to have women writers on the show, but alas no more . i think if they had any normal female producers, pete never would have gotten away with the morning after thingy. (is that vague enough not to require spoiler space?), i'm actually surprised AT let it go.

BTW i love your fics
        Thanks for reading my stuff, I appreciate the compliment.

I do think if there was a prominent female in the head office as a producer or writer the whole Pete morning after escapade would never have happened. If it did it would come out alot differently. As a woman I was highly insulted by his behavior and very disappointed with Sam. I mean the phone call for heavens sake! I think Jack was hurt in the elevator and at a loss later in her lab. He trusts her with so much, including his heart. It's a sad state of affairs to watch her toss that trust around. He is the safe bet. I think at least that part of her vision is correct. I don't see Jack as pining for Sam, I see him as being patient. If it's not meant to be then so be it, but lets not be cruel about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          Hope you don't mind me posting my video in the new thread III just in case somebody missed it...in thread II.

It's so hard to catch up with you guys ..but at least I still contribute to the Sam and jack shippiness.

MY CONTRIBUTION....VIDEO 33 ..."Remember me" (the TROY soundtrack-Josh groban & Tania Tzarovska)

Enjoy

You should get your shippy moments in that one too...Be warned ..it's sad ...Hankies ready please.

Click on my sig below to access my website.

Oh ...and I enjoy all the pics from everybody ...carry on the madness

Caty aka ShipDiva

Oh Caty.....I have been missing your posts since this has been moving so fast. So I have d/l ALL the vids I apparently missed that you MUST have posted I have no clue how that happened and I am agast that it did!!!!!!!!!!

So my Saturday will be filled with Ship Diva Vids.....ahhh a lovely way to spend the afternoon if I do say so myself!!!!!! Actually, it was only this one and the last one But hey I have a *Special Caty Folder on my Hard drive* and I think I will just emmerse my self in a bit of ship.
          Then Maybe I will do the same thing with Marimba's and I will be ALL SHIPPY once again........ Been VERY Ship depressed lately after reading some of the stuff here on the thread.

Thank you for keeping my ship spirits up (((((((((((CATY))))))))))))))
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Ruralstar
            [COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thanks for reading my stuff, I appreciate the compliment.

I do think if there was a prominent female in the head office as a producer or writer the whole Pete morning after escapade would never have happened. If it did it would come out alot differently. As a woman I was highly insulted by his behavior and very disappointed with Sam. I mean the phone call for heavens sake!
            Spoilers for Season 7 and possible 8:
            Well you hit a nerve with me there about that phone call! That really annoyed me because I don't see Sam as being a needy person and she comes across that way in this "not to be mentioned show".

After treats her like dirt she just goes crawling back to him and he won't even answer her calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now she is a glutton for more because apparently he's coming back not once mind you, but twice!!!!
            It just infuriates me that they let him absolutely get away with being a creep.
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
              I decided to give Ship Nana a hand today in making those super shippy cookies-

Now I need someone to swing by and pick me up on the way to Vancouver-We must complete our mission!
              Thanks for the hand. I was getting a little tired being in the kitchen all day and all night to keep the supplies up.

You did a great job I might add, on that Moneky Sex Shipper Cookie. Giant size tooooooo!
              Ship Nana

Comment

I do think if there was a prominent female in the head office as a producer or writer the whole Pete morning after escapade would never have happened. If it did it would come out alot differently. As a woman I was highly insulted by his behavior and very disappointed with Sam. I mean the phone call for heavens sake!
                i wasn't especially disappointed with sam there, but i really felt sorry for her.pete really just trampled all over her heart. i think sam is emotionally stupid, and just wants to feel like she's truly loved, she fell for petes manipulative ways (silly sam!) and took a chance. she slept with the guy, and rather than end up feeling stupid and used, she went all desperate (i know this isn't the right word to express what i'm thinking). people who have been treated like that sometimes tend to come across as desperate and needy, when really they feel stupid and used and unloved.
                during the phone call scene, i just felt so sorry for her, she looked so upset. it actually reminded me of a season 4 episode of buffy (after she slept with parker if anyone watched).
                the end of the episode was when i was disappointed. not only with sam, but (and mainly) with the writers. i thought the idea of exploring a storyline not connected to the main arc of a show, was that the character would learn a lesson at the end. it seems to me that the only lesson sam learned was that its okay to let a guy get away with anything at all, even if he makes you feel like a used kleenex, as long as he gets injured and/or makes a bad joke at the end of the episode.

i think sam has some serious emotional hang ups, and i'd like to believe that the writers are aware of this. i've even filled in the back story to sams psychology, in the spirit of optimism.

it starts with her dad being away a lot when she's a kid. she has an older brother who probably treats her like crap (as older brothers do sometimes) so she's used to being treated badly by men, and she has abandonment issues (thank you billy connelly )
                then, her mother dies. her dad still has to be away a lot. her brother turns into an ass, and goes away a lot more often (he's probably even in college at this stage).
                her dad changes, becomes slightly colder, less interested in her life, they drift apart, (maybe because she reminds him too much of his wife, and he can't deal with the pain and guilt)
                she gets into a pattern of dating the wrong guys. "the lunatic fringe". she meets jonas. he's charming at first, she gets involved, by the time she notices what he's really like, its too late. she's already in love with him. he's a bad man. i was going to use a stronger term, but i do that too much.
                so eventually she gets out of her relationship with JH, BUT! the trend with weird obsessive men has begun!

so she joins sg-1, and starts to improve in her confidence and insecurities and general issues, as she grows closer to her team. who are all guys.
                she falls in love with the right guy. jack. but he's not available.
                eventually as time goes on, with everything they go through, she gets confused again. she begins to have second thoughts, because she knows her history with guys. she picks they wrong guys, and they hurt her. but she's grown closer to both her father and her brother, so she figures maybe she's cured. she can try to date again. and since jack isn't available, and she isn't too sure about his feelings anymore anyway. and she's not 100% sure how she feels anymore (cos she's stupid! ), she figures, what the hey, the bro's been at me to meet his buddy. if mark likes him he must be ok.
                so she goes out with him. hes charming and funny and reminds her vaguely of someone, buts she's not quite sure who.
                she's still not sure, but he's just manipulative enough to weasel his way around her, and then she gets CRUSHED AGAIN!!!!!
                but she's in the jonas pattern again. that and she's stupid.

and it'll give us at least another season of nice subtle shippiness.

how sad is it that i went to the trouble of making that up now, just to make myself feel better and to justify the whole episode and the neglegent writing oversite behind it?
                Last edited by stargate barbie; 21 May 2004, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Choosing this point to jump in and play with all of you. Most of you know who I am I think. I've been kicking around GW for about two years and I am a Ship writer.... Anyway to the above.

I think Grace said a ton about how Sam feels and what she wants. Subconscious admissions are a start I guess. One of the most interesting parts about her vision of Jack was his clothing. Everyone else she pictured in uniform, even Jacob wore one of his Tok'ra outfits, Jack was in civillian clothing. He was relaxed, open and the furthest thing from a soldier. He was what Sam needs him to be. Willing to talk and bare bones honest. He said what she has allowed up to this point and her vision IMHO was what she most desired. He is the safe bet, he is secure and stable and he loves her. She knows it but she doesn't know what it means in context. As someone else has already said in here she is confused.

Pete is an ass and he treated her horribly. He is a manipulator and unless the character changes immensely I can't see the Sam character putting up with that kind of thing long term.

No I don't read spoilers and if I'm wrong... so be it. I can't change it. To be honest I get the impression alot of the writers aren't big into Ship and none of them are women so...

I think the S/J shippers of this fandom have definitely earned that long overdue talk and a wonderfully long, sensuous kiss at the end of the series. In spite of what she may have said in the past I seriously doubt AT would object... I know I wouldn't object to doing a little 'acting' with RDA.

Here ends my ramble, hope I didn't bore or annoy anyone too much.

Can we say *Nail on head here*...Rural you have said everything that I have thought in much BETTER WORDS!!!!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Thanks for reading my stuff, I appreciate the compliment.

I do think if there was a prominent female in the head office as a producer or writer the whole Pete morning after escapade would never have happened. If it did it would come out alot differently. As a woman I was highly insulted by his behavior and very disappointed with Sam. I mean the phone call for heavens sake! I think Jack was hurt in the elevator and at a loss later in her lab. He trusts her with so much, including his heart. It's a sad state of affairs to watch her toss that trust around. He is the safe bet. I think at least that part of her vision is correct. I don't see Jack as pining for Sam, I see him as being patient. If it's not meant to be then so be it, but lets not be cruel about it.
                    OMG the phone call....don't even get me started on that one!!!! Never in a million!!!!!

I definitely agree with you as far as I see Jack...he is a patient man letting her work it out for herself. Let's hope TPTB don't push the envelope to far with this

Comment

spoilers for affinity season 8
                      gggrrr
                      gggrrr
                      gggrrr
                      ggggrrr
                      gggrrrrr
                      ggggrrrrrrr
                      ggggrrrrrr
                      ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                      gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

apparently, according to rumours, pete will be back AGAIN! in affinity.
                      my desperate hope here is that she breaks up with him in this episode.
                      preferably because he's an @$$ and jack isn't, but i'll take almost any reason.
                      wouldn't it be great if thats what it is though.
                      ha! i wish!

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                        I'm usually found on the RDA Thunkers Thread, but am a S/J shipper, too. I mostly like to collect and make screencaps of RDA, but I have a fair amount of S/J Shippy caps from second half of Season 7.

So here's my recap ( yeah, pun intended) of some of the Shippy Moments of Season 7.5 all in one place:

Jack/Sam Screencaps SG-1 S7.5
                        http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix/S7.5JSShip.htm
                        thanks for putting all those really nice moments all together! And sharing!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Spoilers for Affinity Season 8
                          la
                          la
                          la
                          la
                          la
                          la
                          la
                          la

When I stop and think about it I take the fact that Pete is physically back in Affinity as a good thing. The spoilers have said that she is questioning her relationship with Pete so maybe this will finally be the break-up episode.

I think it will
                          I think it will
                          I think it will

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            i wasn't especially disappointed with sam there, but i really felt sorry for her.pete really just trampled all over her heart. i think sam is emotionally stupid, and just wants to feel like she's truly loved, she fell for petes manipulative ways (silly sam!) and took a chance. she slept with the guy, and rather than end up feeling stupid and used, she went all desperate (i know this isn't the right word to express what i'm thinking). people who have been treated like that sometimes tend to come across as desperate and needy, when really they feel stupid and used and unloved.
                            during the phone call scene, i just felt so sorry for her, she looked so upset. it actually reminded me of a season 4 episode of buffy (after she slept with parker if anyone watched).
                            the end of the episode was when i was disappointed. not only with sam, but (and mainly) with the writers. i thought the idea of exploring a storyline not connected to the main arc of a show, was that the character would learn a lesson at the end. it seems to me that the only lesson sam learned was that its okay to let a guy get away with anything at all, even if he makes you feel like a used kleenex, as long as he gets injured and/or makes a bad joke at the end of the episode.

i think sam has some serious emotional hang ups, and i'd like to believe that the writers are aware of this. i've even filled in the back story to sams psychology, in the spirit of optimism.

it starts with her dad being away a lot when she's a kid. she has an older brother who probably treats her like crap (as older brothers do sometimes) so she's used to being treated badly by men, and she has abandonment issues (thank you billy connelly )
                            then, her mother dies. her dad still has to be away a lot. her brother turns into an ass, and goes away a lot more often (he's probably even in college at this stage).
                            her dad changes, becomes slightly colder, less interested in her life, they drift apart, (maybe because she reminds him too much of his wife, and he can't deal with the pain and guilt)
                            she gets into a pattern of dating the wrong guys. "the lunatic fringe". she meets jonas. he's charming at first, she gets involved, by the time she notices what he's really like, its too late. she's already in love with him. he's a bad man. i was going to use a stronger term, but i do that too much.
                            so eventually she gets out of her relationship with JH, BUT! the trend with weird obsessive men has begun!

so she joins sg-1, and starts to improve in her confidence and insecurities and general issues, as she grows closer to her team. who are all guys.
                            she falls in love with the right guy. jack. but he's not available.
                            eventually as time goes on, with everything they go through, she gets confused again. she begins to have second thoughts, because she knows her history with guys. she picks they wrong guys, and they hurt her. but she's grown closer to both her father and her brother, so she figures maybe she's cured. she can try to date again. and since jack isn't available, and she isn't too sure about his feelings anymore anyway. and she's not 100% sure how she feels anymore (cos she's stupid! ), she figures, what the hey, the bro's been at me to meet his buddy. if mark likes him he must be ok.
                            so she goes out with him. hes charming and funny and reminds her vaguely of someone, buts she's not quite sure who.
                            she's still not sure, but he's just manipulative enough to weasel his way around her, and then she gets CRUSHED AGAIN!!!!!
                            but she's in the jonas pattern again. that and she's stupid.

and it'll give us at least another season of nice subtle shippiness.

how sad is it that i went to the trouble of making that up now, just to make myself feel better and to justify the whole episode and the neglegent writing oversite behind it?
                            Wow!!!! That is very deeeeeeep!!!

Are you in the field of psychology? If not you have definitely missed your calling.

Because you are so correct about Sam and her insecurities/character flaws/issues. I think that your analysis is dead on!!! Good job!!

Now all we have to do is send Sam for psychoanalysis and she'll be cured in the typical time frame oh, let's say 10 or so years of daily therapy. Oh that's right it's a tv show so we can cure her in 1 episode.

Better yet, I will invent a NEW PSYCHOanalysis SHIPPER COOKIE that cures insecurities/character flaws/issues when related directly to relationSHIPS. Especially those concerned directly with Sam and Jack.

Ta Da!! Sam can eat one cookie and then go back to be with Jack where she belongs.
                            Last edited by Ship Nana; 21 May 2004, 06:40 PM.
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Choosing this point to jump in and play with all of you. Most of you know who I am I think. I've been kicking around GW for about two years and I am a Ship writer.... Anyway to the above.
                              [snip]
                              Here ends my ramble, hope I didn't bore or annoy anyone too much.
                              I too thought it was really interesting how Sam had Jack in civies and sandals. He was so relaxed, so comforting, like a soft, warm blanket. I like knowing that she thinks of him, not only as a great commander, but someone she could come home to and be so at peace.

I've also had some misgivings as to how an all-male writing team handles ship. I certainly was not crazy about how Sam came out of Chernobyl-- desperate.

I really liked your post. Hope you come out and play more often!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                Wow!!!! That is very deeeeeeep!!!

Are you in the field of psychology? If not you have definitely missed your calling.
                                no. actually i'm in the field of ushering right now. i was thinking about doing a psychology course, but i want to do other courses first that might help me to get into a film course, which is what i think i actually want to do.

but thanks!

now if only i could get a job on stargate, ALL our problems would be solved, except for the one where i'd have to move across an ocean and a continent. curses! foiled again!

Comment

Working...
                                X