X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacme
    Speaking of...

Isn't that a nice smile on RDA's face? And where is AT's left hand? Coincidence? I think not.

ship sistah
    Yeah, and if she got any closer she would be jumping his bones!!! Body language says it ALL!
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      It' s a great wedding pic and I love to use it in my videos and I know it's Sam in the pic but I can't recognize her ...May be the smile gives a little but other than that ...I wouldn't think ..it was her .

Do we know more about that pic? .I mean ...AT had to dress up for the occasion !!!!!hey ..Do we know if they had fun , playing the wedding position...Do we know if they took more shots ...for example kissing shots...or shots of the passing on the rings.!!!!!

If somebody knows more about the pic ...could you tell me please?

Thank you

Caty aka ShipDiva

Caty, I heard somewhere that they were asked about that picture. Maybe it was in the DVD commentary but what I remember was that they said that they don't know what happened to the rest of the pictures taken for that scene.

Seems to me that if they still survived that they would have shown up by now. Wish they had though!! Can you imagine what those pictures were like!
      Ship Nana

Comment

First things first. HURRAY FOR THE NEW THREAD!!!

Let's celebrate with some yellow shipper cookies! Ok, so that colour is dark orange, not yellow but the yellow is too hard to read. You get the idea.

Originally Posted by GoneShippin'

SNIP

And now, for a few thread stats:

AntiSam/Jack: 199 posts, 3,129 views
        Pro Sam/ 26 posts, 413 views
        Anti Ship: 22 posts, 337 views

Sam/Jack I: 1002 posts, 13,766 views
        Sam/Jack II: 1010 posts, 12,349 views
        Sam/Jack III: 14 posts, 71 views

How can TPTB not get the picture? and we're not done, o no..
        are all my shipmates fingers tired? raw? bleeding? -- No siree, we have PLENTY of energy to keep shippin....must be the energy derived from monkey sex cookies

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        Wow that gives new meaning to "you do the math"!!!

By my calculations that looks like there have been over 25,886 people lurking or interacting on this thread.

Do you think that most of them heard how much fun we have over here, or do you think they just come for the cookies? I've got it, they are all closet shippers!!!

That is a SHIP LOAD of people any way you look at it!!!!

I need a bigger oven!!!
        I don't wanna be a downer or anything, but do we know whether those statistics refer to 'views' as in the number of times the thread has been viewed by *anyone* or the number of actual *people* who have viewed the thread?

Because if it's the former, then I think a lot of the regulars and lurkers would be coming here multiple times a week or even a day, thus upping the number of page views. The total number of people visiting the thread would be substantially less.

Either way you look at it though, our thread gets the most traffic... YAY us!

It would be really interesting to know which threads have the most *unique* visitors - especially those that don't actually post.

Comment

Just for the heck of it, I'll add some other statistics.

The number of unique posters for the various threads are:

Ship Discussion 1................24
          Anti S/J Ship 1...................34
          RDA Thunk 1......................50
          Sam/Jack Shipper 2.............57

Hmmm, could there be a crossover between the RDA thunkers and S/J ship posters? Surely not!

Now I don't know if this actually means anything......we know there are plenty of lurkers who don't necessarily ever post, so these numbers only indicate the regulars.

We would of course get completely different results at other forums. Gateworld seems to be home to a lot of shippers, though they tend to stay a little quarantined. Non-shippers or anti-shippers or don't-really-care-about-ship shippers are represented here plenty too in my opinion.

Just food for thought I guess.

Comment

It' s a great wedding pic and I love to use it in my videos and I know it's Sam in the pic but I can't recognize her ...May be the smile gives a little but other than that ...I wouldn't think ..it was her .

Do we know more about that pic? .I mean ...AT had to dress up for the occasion !!!!!hey ..Do we know if they had fun , playing the wedding position...Do we know if they took more shots ...for example kissing shots...or shots of the passing on the rings.!!!!!

If somebody knows more about the pic ...could you tell me please?

Thank you

Caty aka ShipDiva
            I read somewhere...it was either a transcript from a con or an interview with AT...where she was asked about the wedding picture. She answered that they had taken a lot of pictures, but that she had no idea what happened to them. She added that RDA got kind of nervous about the whole thing...he being the confirmed bachelor type and all...so he fooled around a bit. That's why she is laughing so much in the picture.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the pic show up again at the end of the show? In a frame this time (and NOT in an AU version)! I doubt that we will see a wedding, but that would be something that I could see TPTB doing. They like to play on things that they have done/used in the past.

By the way Caty, I absolutely love your videos!

Comment

What is this thread about? Can somebody explain?
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                She already did! It started the moment he left her bed. Not a gentlman in my book. His disrespectful ways started in that room. I hope it ends at the end of Sam's boot.

Sally
                The look on Sam's face said everthing. I don't won't to paint all male writers with the same brush, but to write Sam as not calling on walking out on her is ludicrous . Most women understand that what did was a NO! NO! I think if Sam would have called him a jerk I would have felt a little better, but instead he is rewarded. Arrrgh!! Sam should not let him back into her bed until there is some serious confrontation on what he did. (Of course, we all know how lacking in relationship conversation the show is. )

Token ~

Comment

Hope you don't mind me posting my video in the new thread III just in case somebody missed it...in thread II.

It's so hard to catch up with you guys ..but at least I still contribute to the Sam and jack shippiness.

MY CONTRIBUTION....VIDEO 33 ..."Remember me" (the TROY soundtrack-Josh groban & Tania Tzarovska)

Enjoy

You should get your shippy moments in that one too...Be warned ..it's sad ...Hankies ready please.

Click on my sig below to access my website.

Oh ...and I enjoy all the pics from everybody ...carry on the madness

Caty aka ShipDiva

BTW....I loved this one. Of course I love them all!! Your vids make for a GREAT lovefest!!!

Token ~

Comment

OK a little debate regarding the age gap in couples

I read the word "Puke" in this forum regarding the Sam and Jack relationship..not in that thread obviously

The word" puke" was mentionned each time Sam and Jack kissed..and it was referred to the age gap ...that Sam was looking for a father figure with Jack...HUhhhhhhhhh!!!!

She has a Dad ..and her relationship with her dad is very healthy right now .... would have understood that if she lost her dad at an early age .it's more a mother figure she would 've needed.

I don't see such a big gap in age in sam and Jack ..Ok He 'is older than her but he's not carrying a stick, loosing his hair, and is not in a wheelchair.

I reckon that the fans saying that may be really young..perhap ..cuz when i was really young ...I always thought that 40 year old people were old...OMG, I can't believe I said that.....
                    but as you get older....you realize that 40 is not old at all...and you can even appreciate then ....a 50 year old man....and find them very sexy ..even more sexy than a young one ...Well, that's what I think ....I think any men or women turning 40 are much more appealing than they could have been before .....For Sam and Jack .it's the same ..I really think they both have grown to beautiful persons because perhaps of their maturity , They have not only an outer beauty but an inner beauty..that I can see more in the latest seasons than the first seasons.

So , just to say ..it makes me mad when I read the word " Puke" regarding Sam and Jack kissing...They are both beautiful people , well suited physically...and it's not like she as kissing her dad...blind me .....I can't believe that ..

Jack is only a few years older than Sam ....10 years at the most.. I think they are a good match and I reckon Sam prefers a litte older guys anyway. She probably feel safer with them ....and sure she's right ...cuz Jack is so much devoted to her safety...and would never do anyting to put her at risk or danger .......not like a younger Guy like who does not have a clue about real good relationships.

Ok ..I'm done ...just needed to bring the topic ..so you can all say what you think too.

Caty aka ShipDiva who is slightly mad right now
                    I think it might have a little something to do with the age of the viewer as to how they view the Sam and Jack relationship. When I first started watching Stargate (when it first aired), I had a huge crush on Daniel. The past couple of years, however, I have developed a HUGE crush on Jack (well, RDA too) . I'm not saying this is definitely the reason since I know there are some late teens and early 20's people out there who also like Jack and the Sam/Jack chemistry. Heck, my 9 year old has a crush on Jack. Still this may contribute to the reason as to why they don't understand Sam's feelings for him. Of course, even when I had a crush on Daniel I saw the Sam and Jack ship.

Hmmmm.....I have absolutely NO clue why people think he is too old for her. I've just argued myself out of my well-thought out reason!
                    Tasha
                    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                      "C'mere" "my safe bet"

"I hope I don't smell too bad"

"God, I wish you'd bathe me"

"what would I do without you" "I'm so glad you found me"

"I love you" "I love you"

ship sistah
                      This is TOO funny! "I hope I don't smell too bad!" "I wish you'd bathe me!" ROFLMAO!!!!!!
                      Tasha
                      JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

to sacme you have a photo of sam and jack sat on the end of a bed kissing is that made up or is it an episode that i missed?????
                        i don;t care about creepy pete he disrespected sam by checking her out and following her,get rid of him.
                        With Grace sam made it clear how she should feel and jack told her he was a safe bet,but that doesn't tell us or sam how jack really feels about her.
                        When jack asked sam about pete in the lift you could see he wasn't happy and they both said sore subject, "yes sir" sam said WHY OH WHY can't they get together did you see his face in heroes when he went up to her HE WANTED TO KISS HER Then in the final episode i was crying as she said jack your not letting go now"and when she touched the ice that separated them
                        I want them not just to kiss at the end of the season but have an episode that features the guys at home and then perhaps a little home visit or proper date waited too long for this to happen,so don't want JUST 5-10 mins on their relationship....

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

~~~~~

Waterfall, your S/J kissing sigpic from Grace makes me moan.

~~~~~

Sally
                          Hope this is a good thing, Sal

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            LOL!! Now I'm gonna have to rewatch! Aahh, the things we have to do....

I know, we all have such dedication!!!!

waterfall

Comment

On S/J Shipper Thread II someone mentioned the commentaries for "Grace" (transcribed on StargateDanielFriendly). I am intrigued by comment of PW re "the kiss": "The key is. It's a dream within a dream. They both made the decision that this isn't the way the relationship should evlove." They WHO??
                              And, later at end of transcript, comment by JM: "... We'll see O'Neill's dream next". Have we? Something to look for in S8?? Comments Please!

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                                to sacme you have a photo of sam and jack sat on the end of a bed kissing is that made up or is it an episode that i missed?????
                                I WISH I had a picture of sam and jack kissing on a bed!
                                If you're talking about my sig, it was a behind-the-scenes picture, so it's not in any episode. you didn't miss anything. but let's hope this next season supplies us with the image you described!!!

i don;t care about creepy pete he disrespected sam by checking her out and following her,get rid of him.
                                on this thread, we all say AMEN TO THAT! we have lots of names for him here: Pit, ArmPit, PitStop, potato head, , because many of us can't stand saying his name outright-- sort of like Voldemort in Harry Potter. I paraphrase: 'He who's name we dare not say. it's too terrible, too horrible.' but hey, a rat by any other name is still a rat.

With Grace sam made it clear how she should feel and jack told her he was a safe bet,but that doesn't tell us or sam how jack really feels about her.
                                he hasn't said it in a while, but you check out his body language in Heroes, and you know exactly where he is coming from!

When jack asked sam about pete in the lift you could see he wasn't happy and they both said sore subject, "yes sir" sam said WHY OH WHY can't they get together did you see his face in heroes when he went up to her HE WANTED TO KISS HER Then in the final episode i was crying as she said jack your not letting go now"and when she touched the ice that separated them
                                broke my shipper heart! but take heart, this will be their/our year!

I want them not just to kiss at the end of the season but have an episode that features the guys at home and then perhaps a little home visit or proper date waited too long for this to happen,so don't want JUST 5-10 mins on their relationship....
                                I agree. no last minute resolution to ship. I'll be , if they don't give jack and sam and US, their devoted fans, our due. I want some time with Jack and Sam before we lose them. This could be the last season, or they're last season together and who knows about movies. I got screwed with Troi/Riker and never forgave TPTB at Paramount for ruining that resolution (too little, too late). As a matter of fact, now that I think of it, they pulled a , and gave Troi a boyfriend in the last season, too. *grumble Worf foolishness* OMG , I hope that wasn't an influence, or an omen, or whatever! That would be terrible. Ok, I'm scaring myself. Need to stop thinking.

anyway, I see you're a youngin'. welcome to the thread!! we have a nice family here and we keep each other's spirits up. hopefully Ship Nana will send you her welcome sign and lots of shipper cookies that always hit the spot.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Working...
                                X