This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtLisa
    I'm reading a transcript of S7 commentaries...and apparently, it took 12 takes to shoot the kiss! I wanna see em all!

and Jim Menard, the director of photography says (in response to being asked if this (Grace) will satisfy the shippers) "I think it will keep the plot boiling. We'll see O'Neill's dream next."
    NOW there is an episode I want to see, and see and see and see

LtLisa...you start that ceremonial dancing to ensure he is in the right mood and Ship Nana......be sure you get him some *freshly baked cookies*
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

"Oh, RICKy, your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind"
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Leanna; 20 May 2004, 09:00 PM. Reason: adjust type
      SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Oy! I've just read three pages worth of posts that I couldn't reply to! (I'm talking about on shipper thread 2.) So, I'm combining answers in one post to save time and my fingers.

~~~~~

Yes, send Caty and Marimba music vids to the powers!

~~~~~

Yes, I want to be included in the road trip!

~~~~~

To HailDorothy: Here's the addy for the SamJack list.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/samandjack/

When I'd sent the list your wallpapers, I actually sent them to you by linking the site.

Here's another good screen cap site to go to:

http://www.beneath-the-surface.net/sg1caps/

~~~~~

Waterfall, your S/J kissing sigpic from Grace makes me moan.

~~~~~

Ice^^Heat: How do we get rid of PS? Have him reassigned to the Michael Jackson case. He'll be working on that mystery for ages!

~~~~~

Ice^^Heat: PS doesn't seem cool. For Sam OR the shippers.

~~~~~

SaharaGate: I like men!

~~~~~

K, done with all my multi-posting. Too bad there isn't a way of posting on shipper thread 2, but having it magically go over to shipper thread 3! Where's Sam's brain when ya need it.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          I wanted to comment on this thought. Sometimes people can be talked into something or made to believe something that isn't true. I think this is what Jacob/Sam did to Sam. She talked herself, if you will, into thinking she was unhappy. We say to ourselves, well if someone else sees this something then it must be true.

At the beginning of her conversation with Jacob, Sam denied not being happy. Jacob/Sam kept telling herself, well of course you are not happy you ditz. Then she starts this thing about the life she could have had but gave up. A life that she now thinks she could be happy with. And Voila, we get bf !!

The problem with being talked into something is that usually you wake up and hit yourself on the side of the head and say "what, was I crazy or something? I know what I want and this ain't it!!"

Sam will wake up in the end and realize that a life with Jack, even if she has to wait till we all turn old and gray, is what she really wants.

If only Sam could see our Shipper pictures, while eating the Monkey Sex, shipper cookies then she would wake up a whole lot sooner than the end of Season 8.

Let's face it, who could resist the 2 of them in those pictures (not to mention my extra strong cookies)!!
          I had a LOT of trouble interpreting the conversation between Jack and Sam in "Grace". I spent DAYS, DAYS, and MORE DAYS, trying to figure it out. I knew she was revealing only her own thoughts, and it wasn't really Jack OR her dad talking to her, but (and you will have to read slowly now...) she was thinking about how her dad would relate to her, and how Jack would relate to her, and thus was able to develop her own conclusions.

I kept wanting to believe she was giving herself permission to begin a relationship with Jack. But, what she was really doing, was realizing that Jack was a "safe bet" and she could love him and not get hurt, and he would always be there anyway. She believed her dad would want her to go ahead and take a chance on someone because "she deserved it", even though it was not Jack, so she decided it was ok. (Remember, Jack said... "Your dad was right, you do deserve better". Jack would not have known what Sam's dad had said. It was Sam making that realization) I think that's why she gave herself permission to date someone based on on the fact that Jack would always be there for her. Thus, Pete. It really broke my heart when I came to this conclusion.

HOWEVER!!!..... I do believe that by the end of Season 7, she has realized that she really does LOVE Jack, even though she may still be seeing Pete, but is really having trouble dealing with her love for Jack under her circumstances.

Hope this wasn't too hard to read..sorry if it was. I have been wanting to get this off my chest for a long, long, time.
          SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            NOW there is an episode I want to see, and see and see and see

LtLisa...you start that ceremonial dancing to ensure he is in the right mood and Ship Nana......be sure you get him some *freshly baked cookies*
            everyone come dance with me! <dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi
            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Spoilers for season 8th's Affinity

I can't quote the person's post from the samjack list -don't have her permission- so I'm going to paraphrase what she'd said.

She said that she knows someone that lives in Vancouver that saw Stargate being filmed and walked over to watch. While he/she was talking to someone, the someone said they were filming Affinity. And then Amanda and David DeLuise walked by. They exchanged greetings. That's all. But it appears that DDL/PS is in Affinity. Like we suspected. I mean, we knew HE was being discussed, so it makes sense that he'd be in it. Wee. BUT, he might just be visiting the set!... naw, don't believe that either. So, ep/appearance number 2 down. Next one should be the DUMPING OF THE BOYFRIEND ep!

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                everyone come dance with me! <dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
                Dancing in my ceremonial PJs with LtLisa...Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER! Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER! Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Quoting LtLisa:

and RDA has commented that he made sure they had to shoot the Window of Opportunity kiss a few times...you know, to make sure it looked right...

... Did anyone pay attention to where RDA's hands were when he'd dipped her back? Just before the kiss fades to white, and AT's put her arm up around his neck, he moves his hand VERY close to her... uh... front area. K, he was close to copping a feel!!! As all women know, just brushing the side of our ****** is very arrousing. Okay, I must stop now; venturing into very dangerous territory here.

Sally

ps - Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting that RDA was purposely doing something nasty, just that when AT moved her arm, his hand followed. And so did my nasty mind.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    Quoting LtLisa:

and RDA has commented that he made sure they had to shoot the Window of Opportunity kiss a few times...you know, to make sure it looked right...

... Did anyone pay attention to where RDA's hands were when he'd dipped her back? Just before the kiss fades to white, and AT's put her arm up around his neck, he moves his hand VERY close to her... uh... front area. K, he was close to copping a feel!!! As all women know, just brushing the side of our ****** is very arrousing. Okay, I must stop now; venturing into very dangerous territory here.

Sally

ps - Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting that RDA was purposely doing something nasty, just that when AT moved her arm, his hand followed. And so did my nasty mind.

Sally.....you kill me!!!!

I love all your disclaimers on this post!! AND I KNOW that you do not mean ANYTHING but I was laughing all the same because all I could think of was I WANT TO BE AT's STAND IN!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna
                      I had a LOT of trouble interpreting the conversation between Jack and Sam in "Grace". I spent DAYS, DAYS, and MORE DAYS, trying to figure it out.
                      Me too! "Grace" is what brought me to GateWorld, and I'm so glad it did. I have found my shipper family!!

I knew she was revealing only her own thoughts, and it wasn't really Jack OR her dad talking to her, but (and you will have to read slowly now...) she was thinking about how her dad would relate to her, and how Jack would relate to her, and thus was able to develop her own conclusions.

I kept wanting to believe she was giving herself permission to begin a relationship with Jack. But, what she was really doing, was realizing that Jack was a "safe bet" and she could love him and not get hurt, and he would always be there anyway. She believed her dad would want her to go ahead and take a chance on someone because "she deserved it", even though it was not Jack, so she decided it was ok. (Remember, Jack said... "Your dad was right, you do deserve better". Jack would not have known what Sam's dad had said. It was Sam making that realization) I think that's why she gave herself permission to date someone based on on the fact that Jack would always be there for her. Thus, Pete. It really broke my heart when I came to this conclusion.
                      My feeling was Jacob was telling her to put her heart out there for love. That the joy of love outweighs any price love may cost. When I heard that, I thought Sam would take that leap with Jack. But she talked herself out of it. Sam is confused about WHAT love IS. How could she know she could love Jack and not get hurt; she doesn't. She has never had a conversation with the man. (we're back to the whole conversation thing ) She is just too scared to explore her feelings with Jack because the passion and emotion could overwhelm her and she would not be in control. She is still not willing "to let go of those things that prevent her of loving someone and being loved by someone." Her relationship with is not love, and she is still going to get hurt.

HOWEVER!!!..... I do believe that by the end of Season 7, she has realized that she really does LOVE Jack, even though she may still be seeing Pete, but is really having trouble dealing with her love for Jack under her circumstances.
                      agree.

Hope this wasn't too hard to read..sorry if it was. I have been wanting to get this off my chest for a long, long, time.
                      As you can see, I have my own baggage. But it's all good, 'cause we are part of the BEST shipper family around!!! Now, let's go get some cookies. Watch out for the yellow ones!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        well i'm glad you asked
                        the first part of the definition refers to carter and her "Black Widow Curse" (sorry BCM). she is the monster. (this was said in a somewhat jokey way on the dvd commentary)
                        the second part refers to her relation ship with pete.
                        here is my original post about what was said on the dvd commentary (edited the colour of the key phrase to partially answer your question:

i hope this answers your questions, if not, ask more questions
                        Yes, thank you.. but,.. I'm not convinced that Pete is really a "good" guy... it seems kinda fishy to me. Of course, I'm probably just a wee bit prejudice against the poor guy.
                        SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          Quoting LtLisa:

Sally

LOL!! Now I'm gonna have to rewatch! Aahh, the things we have to do....

Token ~

Comment

Don't go...

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I love you, Jack...

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                Me too! "Grace" is what brought me to GateWorld, and I'm so glad it did. I have found my shipper family!!

My feeling was Jacob was telling her to put her heart out there for love. That the joy of love outweighs any price love may cost. When I heard that, I thought Sam would take that leap with Jack. But she talked herself out of it. Sam is confused about WHAT love IS. How could she know she could love Jack and not get hurt; she doesn't. She has never had a conversation with the man. (we're back to the whole conversation thing ) She is just too scared to explore her feelings with Jack because the passion and emotion could overwhelm her and she would not be in control. She is still not willing "to let go of those things that prevent her of loving someone and being loved by someone." Her relationship with is not love, and she is still going to get hurt.

agree.

As you can see, I have my own baggage. But it's all good, 'cause we are part of the BEST shipper family around!!! Now, let's go get some cookies. Watch out for the yellow ones!
                                I think Sam has been more focused on her military career, ignoring her personal life. But I think her feelings for Jack have caused her lack of a personal life to surface in her mind and she has begun to explore the possibility that the is life after work. I just hope she continues to lean in Jack's direction!!!
                                SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Working...
                                X