This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marimba
    Also found this nifty little adjective--thought it described Ptui pretty well:

uliginous
    [yoo-LIDJ-uh-nus] an adjective meaning 'swampy, slimy, oozy'. From a Latin word meaning 'full of moisture'.
    Oh Marimba!! I am liking this definition for and I LOVE all the definitions everyone gave for "The Episode I will not Name" let alone define.....
    Wow you all made it to a Third thread AND look Ship Mum....I didn't help as much this time Was to busy pulling Oz out of the gutter
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
      oh, ok...that clears things up stargate barbie

now lets see if my new signature works <crosses fingers>

nooooo!!!! I'll kep trying...

ok, help! I have a great picture, its a screen cap (?) but I can't get it to go on...only the link shows up! its on a webpage with a bunch of pics...how do I do this?
      Hello my favorite dancing Lt!!

If it helps I think you are chosing to link to a picture that has been blocked to *hot linking* If you want I will host your pic for your sig...just email me and I will set it up and send you the code and you will be squared away.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        i think it was in the other guys. the team was in a goua'uld holding cell. carter and jonas were sitting on one bench (at opposite ends) and o'neill and teal'c were sitting on the other one accross the room from them (at opposite ends of the bench again). i think it was where carter asked jonas about it being his first time being captured or something along those lines. and i believe martin wood said something about regretting how he blocked that scene. that he wished he had o'neill and jonas in each others place. then again MW can be very picky and critical of his own work (surprisingly). thats the only time i can recall TPTB stating anything even remotely close to wanting to (or actually) changing a scene or cutting a scene relating to sam and jack. and daniel was nowhere near it! and it wasn't even referencing ship as far as i can recall or tell.

if anyone, and i mean anyone can correct me on this. ie, answer my original question on either the previous shipper thread or on the other thread where the question was originaly posted, i would be very grateful.

I have nothing to add to this but to say ...
        I LOVE this episode!!! Jack and Sam get to *snarky* together at "The Other Guys" aaahhhh couple togetherness

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Oh Marimba!! I am liking this definition for and I LOVE all the definitions everyone gave for "The Episode I will not Name" let alone define.....
          Wow you all made it to a Third thread AND look Ship Mum....I didn't help as much this time Was to busy pulling Oz out of the gutter
          I think it's almost as good as 'callipygian'--but that's another thread...
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Just to start the new thread off on the right foot or would that be *LIPS*

Comment

Originally posted by *HailDorothy*
              Holy hannah! 3 threads.... that outta tell TPTB something...
              Hi all,
              I swear, you go to work, deal with the kids all evening, and look what happens!! Thread III!!!(or VIII, depending on who's counting )

Ok, I agree, TPTB SHOULD have a lurker on this thread checking things out:

And now, for a few thread stats:

AntiSam/Jack: 199 posts, 3,129 views
              Pro Sam/ 26 posts, 413 views
              Anti Ship: 22 posts, 337 views

Sam/Jack I: 1002 posts, 13,766 views
              Sam/Jack II: 1010 posts, 12,349 views
              Sam/Jack III: 14 posts, 71 views

How can TPTB not get the picture? and we're not done, o no..
              are all my shipmates fingers tired? raw? bleeding? -- No siree, we have PLENTY of energy to keep shippin....must be the energy derived from monkey sex cookies

(and thanks Sacme, for the info on how to save pics -- I'll try it soon)

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                Hi all,
                I swear, you go to work, deal with the kids all evening, and look what happens!! Thread III!!!(or VIII, depending on who's counting )

are all my shipmates fingers tired? raw? bleeding? -- No siree, we have PLENTY of energy to keep shippin....must be the energy derived from monkey sex cookies

lets see those numbers again!!!! maybe we should send these statistics to TPTB? and we're really on thread #8!!!!! I want our next thread to say #9...ship mom? aren't you the one who restarts this thread? can it be done?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Token said in Thread II:
                  Jumping in here to say....I think she is fooling herself that she is happy. Remember "Jacob" had to convince her she wasn't happy because she was in denial. And walking out on her after the first time, WRONG!! Maybe after a few months, but I would not agree with that either.
                  I wanted to comment on this thought. Sometimes people can be talked into something or made to believe something that isn't true. I think this is what Jacob/Sam did to Sam. She talked herself, if you will, into thinking she was unhappy. We say to ourselves, well if someone else sees this something then it must be true.

At the beginning of her conversation with Jacob, Sam denied not being happy. Jacob/Sam kept telling herself, well of course you are not happy you ditz. Then she starts this thing about the life she could have had but gave up. A life that she now thinks she could be happy with. And Voila, we get bf !!

The problem with being talked into something is that usually you wake up and hit yourself on the side of the head and say "what, was I crazy or something? I know what I want and this ain't it!!"

Sam will wake up in the end and realize that a life with Jack, even if she has to wait till we all turn old and gray, is what she really wants.

If only Sam could see our Shipper pictures, while eating the Monkey Sex, shipper cookies then she would wake up a whole lot sooner than the end of Season 8.

Let's face it, who could resist the 2 of them in those pictures (not to mention my extra strong cookies)!!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Here it is for the new thread!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                      Hi all,

Wow that gives new meaning to "you do the math"!!!

By my calculations that looks like there have been over 25,886 people lurking or interacting on this thread.

Do you think that most of them heard how much fun we have over here, or do you think they just come for the cookies? I've got it, they are all closet shippers!!!

That is a SHIP LOAD of people any way you look at it!!!!

I need a bigger oven!!!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        I wanted to comment on this thought. Sometimes people can be talked into something or made to believe something that isn't true. I think this is what Jacob/Sam did to Sam. She talked herself, if you will, into thinking she was unhappy. We say to ourselves, well if someone else sees this something then it must be true.

At the beginning of her conversation with Jacob, Sam denied not being happy. Jacob/Sam kept telling herself, well of course you are not happy you ditz. Then she starts this thing about the life she could have had but gave up. A life that she now thinks she could be happy with. And Voila, we get bf !!

The problem with being talked into something is that usually you wake up and hit yourself on the side of the head and say "what, was I crazy or something? I know what I want and this ain't it!!"

Sam will wake up in the end and realize that a life with Jack, even if she has to wait till we all turn old and gray, is what she really wants.
                        I know Jacob was supposed to be a delusion, but I thought what he said was very important to Sam's hangups. I also believe Jacob was talking about Jack (IMO). It was Sam that told imaginary Jack that she would leave the Air Force if she knew Jack's feelings and then convinced/scared herself into thinking he is unattainable. Deep down Sam already knows where her heart lies; she just too scared to take the leap and settled for comfort with .

If only Sam could see our Shipper pictures, while eating the Monkey Sex, shipper cookies then she would wake up a whole lot sooner than the end of Season 8.

Let's face it, who could resist the 2 of them in those pictures (not to mention my extra strong cookies)!!
                        As soon as we can figure out who's driving, we shall embark on our covert, monkey sex, shipper cookie swap! They won't know what's hit them until their on the gate room floor!!!

Token ~

Comment

I'm reading a transcript of S7 commentaries...and apparently, it took 12 takes to shoot the kiss! I wanna see em all!

and Jim Menard, the director of photography says (in response to being asked if this (Grace) will satisfy the shippers) "I think it will keep the plot boiling. We'll see O'Neill's dream next."

oh! and I think is refered to as a chimera by the bad episodes director of photography!!!
                          interesting, yes?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Wow that gives new meaning to "you do the math"!!!

By my calculations that looks like there have been over 25,886 people lurking or interacting on this thread.

Do you think that most of them heard how much fun we have over here, or do you think they just come for the cookies? I've got it, they are all closet shippers!!!

That is a SHIP LOAD of people any way you look at it!!!!

I need a bigger oven!!!
                            Get cookin, because I really feel they come because this is a very friendly site that contains well thought out posts with lotsa humor and ship. When I lurk on other sites, I've sometimes felt that there is a hostile attitude towards shippers...I could be wrong, but that's my perception. Frequently other folks point them our way; I found out about this forum and thread from a comment Morjana made a few months ago.

I've been a happy shipmate ever since..munch, munch, please pass the cookies...no, not those, I want the ones fresh from the oven..

Comment

Yep, need this one too!!!! We gotta heat this thread up!! Keep our momentum going!!!

Cookies, cookies, wonderful cookies!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                                I'm reading a transcript of S7 commentaries...and apparently, it took 12 takes to shoot the kiss! I wanna see em all!

and Jim Menard, the director of photography says (in response to being asked if this (Grace) will satisfy the shippers) "I think it will keep the plot boiling. We'll see O'Neill's dream next."

oh! and I think is refered to as a chimera by the bad episodes director of photography!!!
                                interesting, yes?
                                ooh, ooh, ooh, Yesssssss...Jack's dream has three requirements in my book:
                                1)wild monkey sex with Sam
                                2)dropping with a killer right hook
                                3)wild monkey sex with Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X