Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...I'm doing my best not to be spoiled for Season 8 or Atlantis so I don't know where to turn because I have to know one thing. Does Season 8 start where Lost City ended?

Please don't tell me anything else. I know my shipper family will protect me.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
      First of all, since TPTB brought in the bf issue, I think the plan is to use it as a way of helping Sam come around to setting her priorities. This also gives some depth to Sam and makes her more than just 2 dimensional.
      I agree, although I thought she already was a 3D character...

When they do get together it will be because she knows that there is sooooo much more to their relationship, like respect, compassion, companionship, similar goals and values, always being there for one another and deep, everlasting love!!!! And because it will be FOREVER!!
      You go Ship Nana! You tell 'em!

It will happen, you believe it. We haven't waited this long for nothing. And oh when it does happen (2nd half of season 8, I'm betting) it will be sooooo right.
      I have little doubt that it will happen, I've just got little faith that it'll be a big enough payoff after all the Pete stuff

Meanwhile you just have one of Nana's cookies to help make you feel better
      Yum!
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        That would make an excellent postcard! No, really. If you send it, though, make sure to let them know that happy ending is a shippy Sam/Jack resolution!!!

Sally
        Speaking of postcards.... I can't find my list of TPTB addresses I had printed from the old forum. Arrrgggghhh! I even searched the forum with no luck.
        Can someone repost them or link them? I have a few words to send.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          Does Season 8 start where Lost City ended?
          When you say start where TLC left off I'm assuming you mean with Jack still on ice.

If so...
          From the spoilers I've been reading it seem that it will... for the most part.

Does that help?
          ~BCM =)

Comment

Spoilers for Season 8 "Covenant and "Affinity"

No offense but I could care less about seeing a Girlfriend for Teal'c in Affinity or Sam's Friend in Covenant.The last time I checked the show was called Stargate Sg-1 and not Stargate Sg-1 and Friends.I know all about RDA's Reduced schedule but I guess Jack just works at the SGC and just goes home then goes to bed.Sorry no personal life for you Jack.I must have missed the episode where Jack became a Monk.I have never been so confused regarding Stargate like I am now.I have no idea which direction the show is going.I heard about the reduced Budget but is it really that bad? I do not need to see great affects in every scence but lets at least try to wrap up some outstanding story lines.The only thing I can think of is maybe we are getting that 9th season.If RDA is not involved I rather not see Season 9.While season 9 may still get good ratings without RDA it will never be the same show without Jack.Hope I did not offend anyone with my comments.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              Sorry MajorSal.Do not get me wrong.Pete deserves everything he gets but Sam needs to make a choice.Anyway you cut it Sam should no being seeing anyone else until she comes to some sort of resolution about Jack.It is not fair to Jack or Pete or anyone else she dates.Sam's true feelings are still with Jack.That's what I meant about the sympathetic part.
              Originally posted by BCM
              Yes, I agree, when you put it like that Maybe it's because I'm a guy.
              When it is looked at this way I think it kind of states the MAIN reason we are all stymied over why TPTB even brought in a new love interest for Sam. TPTB seem to be the only ones who think she has a BWC, I have yet to hear a fan say they thought it first, The introduction of Pit has cast somewhat of a pallor over the wonderful ship in the latter half of S7 because we are always asking "What about Sam & Pit?" "How can Sam keep doing that if she still has feelings for Jack?" Never mind that we can eventually rationalize just about anything.......it is like Sally says....its how it makes you *feel* when you saw it the first time.....that stays with you
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                Sorry MajorSal.

Nothing to appologize for my friend. I went back to read what I'd said -hard to do too, because this forum doesn't give you replying numbers , and realized I sounded a bit snarky. I didn't mean that. I'm sorry.

[QUOTE]Do not get me wrong.Pete deserves everything he gets but Sam needs to make a choice.Anyway you cut it Sam should no being seeing anyone else until she comes to some sort of resolution about Jack.It is not fair to Jack or Pete or anyone else she dates.Sam's true feelings are still with Jack.That's what I meant about the sympathetic part.[QUOTE]

One thing to consider, though, is Sam's still not 100% sure of *Jack's* feelings, so that puts her in an unfortunate position of still not getting what she wants even if she drops PS. It's that lack of knowing, and that astounding lack of communication that's the sticking point(s). Just my take on it, though.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                  When you say start where TLC left off I'm assuming you mean with Jack still on ice.

If so...
                  From the spoilers I've been reading it seem that it will... for the most part.

Does that help?
                  Spoilers for Season 7 Lost City 2
                  I was wondering if it would be like other season cliffhangers that picked up exacting where the previous season ended. Like Season 1 "Within the Serpent's Grasp" / Season 2 "The Serpent's Lair" AND Season 2 "Out of Mind" / Season 3 "Into the Fire" AND Season 3 "Nemesis" / Season 4 "Small Victories"

Token ~

Comment

No need to appologize as well MajorSal.I just find it hard to believe that Sam cannot tell that Jack Loves her.Jack as the CO has to be very careful regarding Sam and his feelings.I believe Jack has given Sam plenty of examples of how much he loves her.Divide and Conquer and Frozen are big examples.I do not like to pick out flaws with the Sam character but as long as Sam has a boyfriend and Jack does not have a Girlfriend,Jack is going to look like he loves Sam more than Sam loves Jack. IMO TPTB should have had both Sam and Jack try to move on with other people then have Sam and Jack get together near the end of the show.That way one character does not look better than the other.The way things look now it looks like Jack cannot move on from Sam and Sam looks like she does not have the same feelings as Jack.I hope that made sense.

Comment

Okay, Token, my impression from the spoilers is that it will be more like what happened between s6 and s7... in that you will know 3 months have passed, but we'll be picking up when the next important action occurs.

How's that?
                      Last edited by bcmilco; 02 May 2004, 07:13 PM.
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        TPTB seem to be the only ones who think she has a BWC, I have yet to hear a fan say they thought it first
                        DON'T get me started.... just DON'T!!

it is like Sally says....its how it makes you *feel* when you saw it the first time.....that stays with you
                        like crap... I mean yes you're right!
                        ~BCM =)

Comment

DON'T get me started.... just DON'T!!
                          I know I know ...that is why I said that the way I did to, BE VERY CLEAR
                          won't talk about anymore

like crap... I mean yes you're right!
                          YEP....and people wonder why I won't name a certain episode
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

You mean .... *gasp* Chimera?
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

You know.........I was REALLY trying to be nice to you DAD......but that was below the belt..... I was really clear about the BWC and how it was TPTB who did it.....and THAT was the THANKS I get........
                              You are so gonna get it

Comment

yup...he only says 'no' to her once that I can recall...in Red Sky, she tries to convince him (albeit halfheartedly) not to blow the alien ship up

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                                ~Imzadi
                                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X