Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad you said that because I've been thinking exactly the same thing. What does Jack KNOW? I mean, give me a break for cryin out loud! To me I'm like "she loves you!' But for Jack it could have been "I know you're smarter than I am." "I know you're shorter than I am." "I know you are confused." "I know you are capable of command." OR "I know you've been having a torrid affair with Teal'c since season 6!"

I know I can be dense but I just need more explanation than "I know".
    I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      well yeah, but we're a bunch of weirdo's.

actually, now that i think of it, i think that warrior in death knell actually had a crush on sam and figured that the best way to get her intersted in him would be to stalk her for a few days.
      if only she had figured that out too, she could have had a temporary boyfriend who was actually preferable to pete! ah nuts.

sorry, just couldn't help it.

That was really in disguise!
      Ship Nana

Comment

Sorry Guys.I hope it does not happen but watch out for Colson or better known as Nanny Boy.TPTB have not reached there quota of having 2000 guys fall for Sam.How Jack has managed to avoid a breakdown as well as the Shippers is a miracle.If the show continue's on to Season 9 without RDA and Sam and Jack do not end up together I doubt I will be able to avoid a breakdown.I will continue to hope for the best.We Shippers must stick together.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          No, but I think basically she became confused after "feeling" Narim's emotions, I would imagine that the device stimulates the "viewers" emotions to match those 'recorded' on the device, so that you would know exactly how the other person felt. Which means he really manipulated her right before he kissed her, of course once the device is off the feelings would ware off after a couple of minutes.

IMO it fits with what was shown, and he's never gotten that close to her again. I think once she realized that Narim's feelings were alot deeper then hers she got a little cautious around him, and tried to keep a comfortable distance.
          Ok, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I thought Sam dug Narim even before the mind-meld, *but only for that ep*. When they meet again over a year later she has been joined with Jolinar and her feelings for Jack have grown, so she definitely had moved on, where he had not. It had never been love for her, she had only known him for a few days. Very interesting discussion, though, about all the men that have played with her mind and been really obsessive. Jack only has to be himself and support the independent woman that she is and she's in love. He is the standard by which all other men shrivel, shrink, and wither in comparison.

Except of course, Ship Daddy!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

actually, now that i think of it, i think that warrior in death knell actually had a crush on sam and figured that the best way to get her intersted in him would be to stalk her for a few days.
            if only she had figured that out too, she could have had a temporary boyfriend who was actually preferable to pete! ah nuts.

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            LMAO
            Originally posted by Ship Nana

That was really in disguise!
            LOL!! I was thinking that too. Since did know about the Stargate program, maybe he followed her to the Alpha Site. He's really good at stalking! AND we haven't actually seen since "Chimera".

Token ~

Comment

Amen Ship Nana.Sam is Beautiful Kind and Smart and I would have a crush on her too but I am begging TPTB please stop with all the crushes.Jack is probably afraid of telling Sam he loves her because as soon as he does one of Sam's crushes will show up to ruin the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                Except of course, Ship Daddy!
                Ahhh, How sweet.

And No, you can't have the car, or money.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

lol! very funny, sb! I think apophis kept coming back to life to be with Sam, too.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    Sorry Guys.I hope it does not happen but watch out for Colson or better known as Nanny Boy.TPTB have not reached there quota of having 2000 guys fall for Sam.How Jack has managed to avoid a breakdown as well as the Shippers is a miracle.If the show continue's on to Season 9 without RDA and Sam and Jack do not end up together I doubt I will be able to avoid a breakdown.I will continue to hope for the best.We Shippers must stick together.
                    ((((((((((((((ses110sacme))))))))))))))

stuck!

I'll hold you up, if you hold me up. I think we'll need lots of support through the beginning of season 8, while is still around.

ship sistah

Comment

Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Okay I was gone for a while, now I am back. Actually working....go figure Anyway....I have been reading so I can at least stay up to date and I read a post yesterday regarding Sci-Fi's showing last night of There But for the Grace of God.

The question was did AU Jack say I Love you to AU Sam....well I read this post prior to watching the scene so I was ready. I turned my TV WAY UP and .........I think so!! BUT I also now am worried I *might* have deluded myself because well I am a Star Gate shipper and we can never believe what we see anymore!!! and since I am in the process of Converting YET ANOTHER FAMILY at my work I have loaned Season 1 out to a co-worker, so I can't re-watch the DVD so.....I THINK I did hear it......

EGADS I am nuts....I am just flat out nuts!!!
                        Ship Nana.....cookies please.......just pass that bottle to while you are at it..I am legal aw heck I'll just go get mine out of the fridge
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 18 May 2004, 06:03 PM. Reason: because I really already had the wine and can't spell
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

was the shipper term used for star trek? I'm not sure...I was a fan, but never talked to any others. Riker/Troi was my first ship though <g> and now they're married!

and Jack calls Jacob 'Dad' in Seth! I just watched that one and had to resist happily talking to the tv and my dad about it (he'd've thought I was nuts (he called Sam's dad Dad! omg!! etc...)...ship daddy, nana, mom and the rest of my shipper family understand though!)

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial Setesh guard armor (in honor of the Seth episode)> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FORVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                            I just watched "Enigma" last night and I must have completely blocked out the kiss Sam had with Narim. She was into it, so maybe Narim should be in the club with Joe. Although, in subsequent eps she did seem totally uninterested. I don't know. She is a bit wishy washy, isn't she.

ship sistah
                            see, I hold to this opinion: she was semi brain washed when she kissed him; remember the Tollan amotion recorder? It influenced her! Also, she told him no later (Between Two Fires?) cause she was confused, a lot had happened.

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                            ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                              A Black Widow is someone who is romantically involved with the people who die, first off she was never romantically involved with any of the men who died (except formerly with Jonas Hansen) Nor did I see her as being romantically interested in any of them except for maybe Joe Faxon, Other then that I only ever got the sense that the men were interested in her.
                              To be technical, a "Black Widow" would be somebody who offed her boyfriends/husbands/lovers--the way the real black widow does. I never saw how this applied to Sam.

J.
                              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

i think she saw narim as a friend, and when she 'felt' his emotions towards her, she confused that friendship with something else, so she decided to test it out by kissing him. when she later had time to think it over, i think she realised that she only liked him as a friend, and perhaps felt a little uncomfortable with the knowlege that he felt more for her.
                                with orlin, i think there was potential for her to feel more than friendship for him, but didn't have the time or the correct circumstances, even though he used a similar technique with the mind blendy thingy.
                                she does seem to let guys confuse and misdirect her feelings for them though doesn't she? hhmm. silly sam.

any way, with jack i think she has over the years developed a genuine love for him and is actually in love with him. she just tends to second guess herself and overthink far too much, hence leading her to question her feelings for him over and over. damn those plot devices. and i don't recall any time where he's used any manipulative methods to encourage her to feel more for him. unlike narim, orlin, martouf, (probably hanson judging from how he was used in his episode) and in my opinion pete. in fact the only other guy who i don't recall being manipulative (in some way) with her was joe faxon. and he was kind of a politician, so i just didn't trust him.

personally i think they should have not included some of those guys so that it wouldn't seem too ridiculous to have major davis have a crush on her, so that she could potentially be with a nice guy for once (other than jack). as it is, if one more guy has an obsessive crush on sam, i think i'll scream.

also, to Caty: I think Jack was attracted to Sam first (3rd episode...Emancipation...then of course Broca Divide (no...not like this!)) But I think the feelings part is much harder to pin down...I would say definitely by Out of Mind/Into the Fire...when does everyone think they first had feelings for each other (more than physical attraction or friendship)?

~Imzadi

Comment

Working...
                                X