This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaharaGate
    Ok, so now that I'm getting familiar with the new forum, I figure it's time for me to be on topic lol.

Since I am trying hard to avoid Season 8 spoilers, I won't comment on the discussions about what is supposed to happen in Affinity (despite my efforts, I've been spoiled for this ep....but only a tiny bit)...so hard not to peek when everybody is panicing lol.

BUT I do want to get all of your opinions on something (probably already been discussed to death but....well I'm curious).

How did everyone take Jack's behaviour in Fallen (I think), when Sam is explaining her plan to Pilot the F302 through Anubis' shields? He kept interrupting her and drawing attention to the 'flaws' in her plan.

"As the Colonel is WELL aware..." hehe.

In hindsight, I'm thinking maybe he did this (partially) to test her...he is prepping her for command, and she has to be able to put forward her ideas fearlessly, even if everybody thinks she's crazy. She can't doubt herself...

Of course the other reasons would be that he's an A$$ and probably had genuine misgivings.

So what did you all think? Was it uncalled for? Rude? Inexcusable? Did he deserve a swift kick?

Or was it understandable and 'for the greater good' lol.

p.s. let me know if my sig makes this thread slow to load....I made the filesize of the pics a small as possible...they are only about 7kb, but I'll make them REALLY tiny if they bother people.
    I am going to have to re-watch Fallen to answer you with any intelligence. DOn't you say a word BCM
    Others will prolly answer you before I get back, but I will watch it and let you know what I think.....I tend to talk a lot on the thread (BCM....)
    As to your signature....for me personally ...not a bother....but I am just speaking for myself
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
      How did everyone take Jack's behaviour in Fallen (I think)
      I think what probably happened was they had a private meeting with the general where she outlined the plan, and it was approved -- possibly over Jack's objections. My guess is Jack's interruptions were his way of informing EVERYbody what the downsides were so they knew what they were in for.

Of course I thought it was a little rude the way he presented them, but that's part of the fun with Jack, right?

In hindsight, I'm thinking maybe he did this (partially) to test her...he is prepping her for command, and she has to be able to put forward her ideas fearlessly, even if everybody thinks she's crazy. She can't doubt herself...
      going with the thought that he's prepairing her for command she would also have to deal with loud mouth men who wouldn't put up with a woman superior officer. As well as the standard issue obnoxious @$$holes.

[qoute]Of course the other reasons would be that he's an A$$ and probably had genuine misgivings.[/quote]

Probably a part of it.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        Oh and don't forget to help yourself to some of Ship Nana's cookies.
        ((((((((((((((((((Ship Nana))))))))))))))))))))

You made cookies How cool is THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I love that....don't mind if I do.........
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Cheers to Ship Nana for the most excellent cookies.

geeky

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Logic tells you that this bf issue is important for Sam's growth, but your heart says 'enough already!' I really just want this all to end... and that means having next season be the last. I don't like feeling that.
            I agree Sally it's very disheartening
            ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              I am going to have to re-watch Fallen to answer you with any intelligence. DOn't you say a word BCM
              *looks inocent* *wistles*

Others will prolly answer you before I get back, but I will watch it and let you know what I think.....I tend to talk a lot on the thread (BCM....)
              *opens mouth, closes it quickly*

Hi Tame, how's it going?

Yes I like Sam and Jack ship...

*walks away* boy that was hard
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                I wonder if PDL knows how much DDL's character("Pete") is hated???
                If I were PDL, I would have said to David, "Bro, you *really* don't want to play this character, because there will be a section of fans that will want to rip your hair out." But really, I don't want their feelings to be hurt about this, but I can't help but think that they basically knew what they were getting into. I really would have never even suggested my brother(s) if I were Peter. I'd want to save them.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                  *looks inocent* *wistles*

*opens mouth, closes it quickly*

Hi Tame, how's it going?

Yes I like Sam and Jack ship...

*walks away* boy that was hard
                  I was trying to be serious..... and then I thought of what I was saying and then I thought of YOU ......just couldn't do it could ya

Hi Bri........ Going okay
                  I love ship makes the show more fun for me
                  See Ya now

Comment

If I were PDL, I would have said to David, "Bro, you *really* don't want to play this character, because there will be a section of fans that will want to rip your hair out." But really, I don't want their feelings to be hurt about this, but I can't help but think that they basically knew what they were getting into. I really would have never even suggested my brother(s) if I were Peter. I'd want to save them.

Sally
                    Maybe he broke PDL's toys when they were younger and he bares long grudges.

geeky

Comment

LOL
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Sorry MajorSal.Do not get me wrong.Pete deserves everything he gets but Sam needs to make a choice.Anyway you cut it Sam should no being seeing anyone else until she comes to some sort of resolution about Jack.It is not fair to Jack or Pete or anyone else she dates.Sam's true feelings are still with Jack.That's what I meant about the sympathetic part.

Comment

Even though I think the reason that a boyfriend was written in for Sam's character was to flesh her out more and to show that Sam's going through something right now that's making her question personal things... it *feels* like what you've said, that it's the wrong time to bring in someone to complicate their relationship even more than the regs are doing. Logic tells you that this bf issue is important for Sam's growth, but your heart says 'enough already!' I really just want this all to end... and that means having next season be the last. I don't like feeling that.

Sally
                          Aaawww Auntie Sal, please cheer up!
                          First of all, since TPTB brought in the bf issue, I think the plan is to use it as a way of helping Sam come around to setting her priorities. This also gives some depth to Sam and makes her more than just 2 dimensional.

She is not gonna just jump into Jack's arms giving up everything that she has worked so hard for because they are attracted to each other.

When they do get together it will be because she knows that there is sooooo much more to their relationship, like respect, compassion, companionship, similar goals and values, always being there for one another and deep, everlasting love!!!! And because it will be FOREVER!!

It will happen, you believe it. We haven't waited this long for nothing. And oh when it does happen (2nd half of season 8, I'm betting) it will be sooooo right.

Meanwhile you just have one of Nana's cookies to help make you feel better
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Geekyred
                            Just once give a show I love a happy ending Puleeese.
                            That would make an excellent postcard! No, really. If you send it, though, make sure to let them know that happy ending is a shippy Sam/Jack resolution!!!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Hi Barbie,
                              How do you change your screen name?
                              thats a good question. i didn't know how to do it either, so what i did was, cheated!
                              i just re-registered under a new name.
                              loving the cookies by the way
                              __________________________________________________________
                              the stargate barbie formerly known as boomoo

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                Sorry MajorSal.Do not get me wrong.Pete deserves everything he gets but Sam needs to make a choice.Anyway you cut it Sam should no being seeing anyone else until she comes to some sort of resolution about Jack.It is not fair to Jack or Pete or anyone else she dates.Sam's true feelings are still with Jack.That's what I meant about the sympathetic part.
                                Yes, I agree, when you put it like that Maybe it's because I'm a guy.
                                ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                                X