This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacme
    I really like it. When I hear it during a really sweet, emotional scene between them, the music puts it/me over the edge. I love that they have official theme music that links all of their scenes together. For me, I hear it and I immediately get an emotional recall all of their shippy moments throughout the years. It's sad and sweet and so romantic. And I can't wait to hear it in Season 8-- while I'm seeing major shippage!

ship sistah

p.s. The music is also an official admission of purposeful ship by TPTB, IMO. So I like the sanction and canon of it, too.
    Aahh yes, I like to hear the music too because it was purposefully placed there. I don't know if you noticed that Sam and Jack's music has changed since "Grace". Check out the "Grace" infirmary scene, "Heroes 2" hug and "Lost City 2" at the end where Sam is pleading with Jack. IMO, the "Grace" music plays off Sam's journey towards happiness. The music is played with Jack NOT . Definitely a meaning there!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Well I was on the x-files fandom ..and big yes ...shippers was the term used for Mulder and Scully fans who liked to see them together either interacting , holding hands, kisses on the forehead or neck , bigs hugs, and proper kisses on the finale episode "The truth"

Caty aka ShipDiva
      Got a question for you... Since you were part of the X-files fandom, how did the Mulder/Scully fans react to shippers? Was fandom split like Stargate?

Of course, Mulder and Scully did end up together just like Sam and Jack will. (on topic... )

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by *HailDorothy*
        a shipper is basically a person who strongly believes that two characters should be in a romantic relationship.

hope I did an ok way of explaining this for ya!
        Hail Dorothy ~ You did a great job of explaining that. I thank you very much.

All ~ Food for thought. Maybe they aren't have Jack & Sam engage in a relationship due to the "Carter Curse". Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Omak
          All ~ Food for thought. Maybe they aren't have Jack & Sam engage in a relationship due to the "Carter Curse". Thoughts?
          Yeah that thought has crossed my mind, but the "Carter Curse" really isn't a curse so much, as it is guys and aliens who fall for her for all the wrong reasons, and she gets too caught up in the thrill of it all they her and the other party involvedlet their emotions cloud their judgment. In the end, it's the guy's dumbstick and male pride that get him killed. Not Carter's love for him or vice versa. Jack is the one that will break the "Curse". I knows what makes Carter Tick and what her limitations are.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
            I think, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, that the shipper term first began to have regular use in relation to the X-Files and Mulder and Scully. I was never involved in the X-Files online fandom nor really a "shipper" for the two but I've heard that's where it began.
            That's what I thought too!
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Omak
              Maybe they aren't have Jack & Sam engage in a relationship due to the "Carter Curse". Thoughts?
              I doubt it. I think it's more to string along the viewers and draw it out until the end because their honor and duty wont let them break the regs for personal gain.

As for the Black Widow Curse (or Carter Curse) I've never ascribed to it, and to me, it's one of the silliest and most annoying things I've ever heard about. I honestly thought it was a joke when I first heard about it, and I couldn't believe they actually wrote a story (Chimera) to deal with it.

A Black Widow is someone who is romantically involved with the people who die, first off she was never romantically involved with any of the men who died (except formerly with Jonas Hansen) Nor did I see her as being romantically interested in any of them except for maybe Joe Faxon, Other then that I only ever got the sense that the men were interested in her.

Not to mention the fact that most of the cast and guests on the show tend to be male anyway thus men are more likely to die. It just so happens that these men had a crush on Sam. Of course they always seem to forget Simmons, McKay, and Jack. But of course she's cursed.

Okay I think I got that out of my system Sorry please don't take that personally, I just have my own issues to work out.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by *HailDorothy*
                Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that they have theme music. What kills me is well, when the play it the emotional respose I get when I hear it. I mean every time I hear it, I am like, is this gonna be the one time something happens? and then when nothing happens I am like, Holy Hannah! That's it, not watching again!
                Season 8 will be different! Believe!! BELIEVE!!! (As soon as we get rid of )
                And then you'll love that music and cry every time you hear it because you'll know they've finally overcome all the obstacles.

Happy shipper thoughts, happy shipper thoughts

Until then, have some of Nana's cookies-- not the monkey sex ones, though, they're a bit strong.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  Got a question for you... Since you were part of the X-files fandom, how did the Mulder/Scully fans react to shippers? Was fandom split like Stargate?

Of course, Mulder and Scully did end up together just like Sam and Jack will. (on topic... )
                  I was a mulder/scully shipper, too (I seem to be a serial shipper) and I remember many people said that nothing should happen besides the usual UST until the very end.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    A Black Widow is someone who is romantically involved with the people who die, first off she was never romantically involved with any of the men who died (except formerly with Jonas Hansen) Nor did I see her as being romantically interested in any of them except for maybe Joe Faxon, Other then that I only ever got the sense that the men were interested in her.
                    I just watched "Enigma" last night and I must have completely blocked out the kiss Sam had with Narim. She was into it, so maybe Narim should be in the club with Joe. Although, in subsequent eps she did seem totally uninterested. I don't know. She is a bit wishy washy, isn't she.

ship sistah

Comment

I just watched "Enigma" last night and I must have completely blocked out the kiss Sam had with Narim. She was into it, so maybe Narim should be in the club with Joe. Although, in subsequent eps she did seem totally uninterested. I don't know. She is a bit wishy washy, isn't she.
                      Really? I never got the feeling that she was interested in him, in Pretense I got the feeling she didn't want to be alone with him, and that she was trying to let him down gently. It had been over a year since she'd had Jolinar, and she did seem to be handeling it pretty well. So it felt like an excuse to tell him bye-bye.

As for the kiss. I'd like to know how those emotional doohickies work because I have a feeling she was still getting a backwash of emotions from that thing... (AKA alien influence )
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Ey uhm,

Wich episode is this picture from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat

Ey uhm,

Wich episode is this picture from?
                          Hey!

Unfortunately it's just one of Showtimes promo picture from s3 (1999). It was never made to be in an episode

I spent a very long time trying to figure that out
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

I was a mulder/scully shipper, too (I seem to be a serial shipper) and I remember many people said that nothing should happen besides the usual UST until the very end.

ship sistah

They were more noromos rather than anti-ship Mulder ad Scully .. but most of the fandom was shipping mulder and Scully and the noromos were pretty awful in their opinion..very ratty...

I think the difference with Stargate is that Mulder and Scully had no regulations to be scared off...so the feelings between them were very physical like hand holdings , kisses on the forhead...blablabla. ..

what was similar to Stargate is when one of them was in danger , the other one was panicking and was taking it personnaly.

And there was no alternate universe episodes except the triangle episode where Mulder was Mulder and scully was not the real Scully but we had no episode where they were married . Arcadia is the episode where they were supposed to be married and was quite popular because of that ..Although Scully didn't like it too much when Mulder put his arms around her to show the neighbours.Scully discovered her love for Mulder much later I think.

A bit like Sam and Jack ....Jack was the one showing everything in the first 4 seasons ...and lately ...it's sam who discovered her love for Jack ..not saying she was not aware before ..but I think it didn't really cross her mind so much...it was more in the back of her mind..and she was ignoring it for a long time .

In la broca Divide , it shows us that deep down , in her subconscious , she was very attracted to Jack and since that ..well we know that they have been flirting and so on....nice looks....little jokes ...little hugs here and there..just to show they care so much more than they are allowed to.

Jack's attraction to Sam was pretty obvious from the very beginning though
                            .Sam needed more time to realize it.

Now 7 years down the line and they both know about their mutual attraction... and have known for some time ...You can really see that it's starting to get painful for both of them specially in Deathknell(the hug).....(Screw The regs ).....They really need to talk next and find a way to resolve that issue..cuz is only there to compensate the lack of love that Sam could get from Jack but can't have.
                            It could be good ..but it could be bad too...cuz ..when 2 persons are made for each other (Sam&Jack) then they should be togehter eventually. ..I mean 8 years is a long time to wait and they have both been pretty good about it ...but how long can they carry on like that?!!!!

..I understand the world is at stake ..and they both feel responsible for saving humanity...I think they will feel like deserters if they had to resign now ..that the danger is still present .....but soon ..and we know that if season 8 is the end, then they should save the world with Teal'c and Daniel , find the lost city ...do what they have to do..and then when everything is allright or it appears to be ..they get together.....at the end of season 8.(hugs , kisses. and love making on screen please ..they deserve it and US too)

For the movie ..it' another matter ...they will have to be called back cuz a villain is still around or something like that ...but they 'll be married by then

I think I finish

Caty aka ShipDiva
                            Last edited by Catysg1; 18 May 2004, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, there was this episode in s7, dunno wich one. Where they trough out the episode stared at each other. One scene I remember: They were staring at each other in the gate room after a mission and after some staring Jack said: "Lets have Lunch." and Sam smiled and said: "Okay". Strange shippy scene......

Comment

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
                                Hmmm, there was this episode in s7, dunno wich one. Where they trough out the episode stared at each other. One scene I remember: They were staring at each other in the gate room after a mission and after some staring Jack said: "Lets have Lunch." and Sam smiled and said: "Okay". Strange shippy scene......

"Evolution 2.".the end

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Working...
                                X