This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved the new vid Caty!

Very sweet, and it didn't matter that I don't understand a word of French.

I read the English lyrics on your site....they are incredibly romantic. But what's with this line??

"I would go as far as the back of beyond-I would have my hair bleached"

Errrrm. He'd have his hair bleached? Is there some significance to that I'm missing? I guess it's a little like Shakira talking about her chest being small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountaints LOL.

Originally posted by Catysg1

Back on topic with Sam and Jack forever ....may be an Elvis video someday!!!!
    Well if you want suggestions for an Elvis vid....I think this song sums up our favourite couple's relationship pretty neatly:

"A little less conversation a little more ACTION."

For years the ship has been mentioned, but we want to see something happen hehe.

Then again, they NEED to have a real conversation. Their lives are already full of action - but not the right kind.

Comment

Yes! Jack and Sam - if that's who you were talking about (I hope that's who you were talking about) - need to have a conversation. Not one that is pain-filled or... awkward. After seven years, they should be freaking comfortable with each other, for crying out loud.
      For instance - SPOILERS FOR THE LOST CITY PART I
      When Sam goes into the house and looks around like she's not familiar with anything. It might have been a director's choice (you know, to show how clinical their relationship can be at times), but I just find it so weird that they are so unfamiliar with each other. I know that it's the military, blah, blah, blah... but, come on, this is TV.
      SPOILERS FOR THE LOST CITY I ARE OVER!

Comment

Hey guys, one last thing. Since you guys were all talking about reactions, fave moments between the two, etc., etc., I just thought that I'd mention something I've noticed. It's not a big deal and I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned before, but I'll say it anyway. I never know anymore!

Anyway, does anyone else notice that Amanda Tapping has almost made it a point since season one to react in some capacity to every sarcastic/snide/cynical/mistrusting/angry/hilarious thing that RDA says/does. Almost without fail, she will turn to look at him, roll her eyes, laugh, do something. You'd think, after this many years, that she'd just ignore him (like Daniel and Teal'c, hehe), but instead, she indulges him and encourages it with her reaction.

I guess that's why so many fic writers and shippers believe that he does it PURPOSELY - you know, to make her laugh and all that.

Comment

First time shipper posting....
          Love the vids guys. I have a few that I have made. I may post later! Just wanted to drop and line, and to pimp my fanart (mostly sam/jack) site 8th World Wonder

Comment

Spoilers S7 "Grace"
            I was looking at the episode summary for "Grace" on GateWorld, and noticed that "Divide and Conquer" was listed as a related ep. Is it because that's when Sam and Jack's "feelings" were revealed, or is there some other reason?

Token ~

Comment

ok, I promise to post daily until my trip!
              so, first...<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial dress blues> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FORVEVER!
              I'm sooo far behind I don't think I can catch up (ummm...I was cleaning my dress blues? off world?)...I think I was on page 12...now its on 35...ummmm...I'm gonna cheat and read the last five or so pages

if anyone asked me something specific, let me know and I'll respond...

did anyone else watch tonights wonderfully shippy epsidoes? I've been sooo happy with the scifi episodes! Maybe my shippy brain is hearing things, but I swear in There But For the Grace of G-d, AU Jack glances at AU Sam and Hammond for approval (?) before agreeing to Daniel's plan AND says "I love you" when he says bye to AU Sam...anyone else catch this?

and in response to the die pete die! feeling some people have...I don't want him dead, just gone (at least from Sam's bed!!!!!!!!!!!)

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial dress blues> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi
              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                Well, there went Stargate being rated NC17.

Sally
                <bg>

and I love that picture Mala! (I say this to you a lot :~) I didn't realize it was on the DVD!!!! I have to at least rent them at some piont (if any stupid video store has em....).

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi

Comment

Although I haven't been able to partake of any of the videos yet, when I can, I'd love to hear an ABBA song or two. "The Name of the Game," "Take a Chance on Me," "Lay All Your Love on Me." And for Sam to realize why she took up with PS, there's "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (a Man After Midnight)."LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                    Whatever do you mean?

That picture doesn't make me think about how CLOSE they're standing; how they're cheek to cheek (hey, I'm talking about their faces! sheesh...); where Sam and Jack could be going next and what they might end up doing...

Speaking of which (ok, it's just me speaking here) -- I was thinking about Mr. P. vs. Jack and what Sam will discover once she's gotten together with Jack... I mean I can just picture P. as an eager-to-please puppy, somewhat clueless/asking for approval (you know the actual bedroom scene that we didn't get to see - THANK GOD!).... While Jack will be proven to be the seasoned, um, veteran? OK, I'm willing to bet that he just KNOWS what he's doing... hmmm, trying to stay PG here ... Anyway, my point is (I do have one!), Sam just doesn't know what she's missing....

OK, it's late. Goodnight.
                    ok, so you know what they say about a guy's personality and his bedroom personality...I'll say no more, or the mods are going to come get me. BUT, I foresee naquadah bomb type explosions with Sam and Jack...wow!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                      Just once can we see Sam say Bug off to Felger or one of her other many Man friends.I'am shocked Sam said no to Barrett in Resurrection.I though Sam only said no to Jack.I have been critical of TPTB lately but I think the actors have stopped many good ship scences between Sam and Jack.Over the years I heard many times that At and RDA did not want to play a certain scence the way it has been created.I may be wrong on this but whether the Actors think it is a good idea or not the Actor should not be allowed to overrule the TPTB.I have no problems with Actors having a say in the characters development but at the end of the day TPTB are the Boss and the Actors should follow there direction.The Actors should become writers producers or directors if they want the power.I know it's silly but that has bother me about Hollywood for the longest time.
                      Although sometimes the actors know their character better then TPTB (who have to keep track of ALL those characters and other things). I don't think they can override TPTB, but they can certainly debate and convince them to change somethings...and not others. If TPTB have their character doing/saying something out of character (in their opinion) shouldn't they say something? I recall hearing something about MS convincing TPTB to cut a line that was out of character; seems like it can be a good thing.

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Now this is a woman I can get behind.....I like the way you think
                        Is it bad that I don't need any alien influence or be out of my right mind to think of these things? hehe <innocent smile>

~Imzadi

Comment

waterfall: SOOO glad to see your sig is back! I LOVE it!!!

Ship Nana: thanks for the cookies and that scene in D&C is one of my all time favorites! I didn't know it was going to have dialog...it wouldn't be the same...I love that silent moment, the two of them so close yet so far apart, the force field shimmers, Jack tries to say something....I love it!

JSDT: one J/S moment I love is in The Light at the begining when they're discussing his bet with Daniel...too great!

but my favorite (besides the D&C obvious stuff) is Out of Mind when Jack grabs Sam and keeps his arm around her for a looong time (this is the scene that made me discover S/J ship) and Into the Fire when he hugs her...then keeps holding onto her once they're not hugging

To All: Why was the kiss in Beneath the Surface cut? I thought it was TPTB idea...men...a woman writes it and gets it right, they change it (note: statement does not apply to shipper guys on this thread, especially ship daddy...)

~Imzadi

Comment

//I agree. I think one of THE worst cases of the actors ruling the nest was in the filming of the end scene of 2001. It's when Sam comes flying through the stargate feet first and tumbles down the ramp. She was *clearly* hurt, but Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, and Hammond merely stood there and had a convo with her because - and get this - the 'actors' were tired and didn't want to wait for a camera change set up. They ruined the scene as far as I'm concerned. And I blame the other powers that were there, that 'let' it happen. What about the director saying 'too friggin bad, we'll stay right here and wait for the camera set up.' No, we get a scene where it gives the impression the guys were uninterested in that Sam was literally writhing on the floor in pain. All because the boys didn't want to wait. Isn't there anyone that's willing to say no to a bad call?//

a HORRIBLE call...but TPTB are in charge...they're the ones who are supposed to disagree and say "bad idea boys, we're doing it our way". The actors should only get their way when they've got input to improve the show, not get off work early

~Imzadi

Comment

I love that 'welcome to my life' cracks me up...

the only time I recall Jack calling Jacob 'Dad' was when a Tok'ra is coming (don't have clue which episode) and he turns to Sam with his grin and says "maybe its Dad" (or something to that effect)

and boy am I posting a lot to catch up! almost caught up....so I can read 'Caught'! and I'm forewarned about the content at least (gonna read it though!)

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

read caught...that was short...and ummm...whoa, lets not mention that to mom (ship mom can know <g>) cause whoa...gymnast...whoa...glad I'm the only one awake now, cause laughing at a PWP...hehe
                              Last edited by LtLisa; 17 May 2004, 09:46 PM. Reason: to add my dancing and chanting!, read caught

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                                Thanks for the list! I'm writing them all down on post-its and saving them as remedies to all those yucky S8 spoilers!

Did you like "Something Worth HIding"? I'm saying TPTB could do worse! She should be a writer for the show.
                                Just to say I really liked it! She really is a great fanfic writer. This one was sweet and funny! Thanks for the rec! Sorry this is probably over 100 posts behind--catching up after being away for a day!
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X