Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Ship Diva, you've done it again. Your new video, "L'hymne a l'amour" sung by Josh Groban is to die for. That voice, Sam and Jack, that voice, did I say Sam and Jack.

Couldn't understand a word he said but it sure didn't matter. I got the idea nevertheless. (pant, pant)

Thanks for keeping our shipper hearts beating.
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
      YAY! Can't wait to see it!

OT: www.picturetrail.com/emilee108 click on "Hollywood Bowl weekend" and there's a couple of pictures of me and Josh in there.

Okay, so my eyes are screwed up in both pictures, but I still like them!

Anyway, back on topic....SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!

~*~Emilee~*~

Oh Emilee ..I knew you liked Josh Groban but OMG ..You are in lots of pics with him .....You make the perfect couple How old is he by the way ? He looks very young and I see you are an Elvis fan too may be I'll do an Elvis song then too but which one ?!!!!Love me tender!!!

Anyway looks like you had a great time with Josh Groban ..seems ike a realy nice Guy.

Back on topic with Sam and Jack forever ....may be an Elvis video someday!!!!

Thank you for the link

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Um... I don't know why, but Jack seemed to stop calling Jacob "Dad" sometime after the third or fourth season. I can't remember which one, though.
        last time we heard him say it was s3.

Does anyone know why they stopped having Jack call him that?
        probably because it would look bad after D&C.

Before, I just thought it was a joking thing, because, you know, his second-in-command's DAD is a member of the Tok'ra, a liaison for Earth, AND used to be in the military. It's very like JACK to joke like that, but he hasn't since.
        I agree.

PS - I think my "Sam quote" in my signature may be inaccurate. Does anyone want to confirm that the ep is correct, because my sister and I have our doubts.
        Yes it's from Enemies, Jack says something like "I distictly remember you saying 'we're not going to make it', we made it you should wait and see"

Jacob: "And blow the last chance I have of being right?"

Sam(walking by a stuned Jack): 'welcome to my life'
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          I soo agree with you on this Tasha. So often Jack seems to know when to give Sam *something* to focus on if even for a moment, to blow off steam, to laugh, to do anything to to back her off and let her re-group. That is one of the defineing characteristics of their relationship as far as I am concerned. Jack REALLY knows Sam.

Yes I agree and Sam knows Jack too...and I've noticed she really likes his jokes..... So let's them ..get together and enjoy some RST for a change ...

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

bcm, those shippy episodes you listed a while back are sooo on my list too. but am i the only one who loved sams "very dramatic, thank you" when jack found her? it only a small thing, but the way it's said just makes it a brilliant line (to me).

and you're right about learning curve too, epecially when he and merrin are talking about age and when jack is being questioned by her as to his IQ.

another one i love is in (i think) past and present? when sam is trying to explain to jack who kiera really is, and he covers his ears and starts going "la la la" then she takes his hands down from his ears. i love that, its very fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna
              Hi all!
              Hey welcome to the forum!!

I think I've figured out that "ship", "shipper", etc refers to a characters relationship with other characters. I have to know... is this a term specifically "coined" for the Jack and Sam relationship? and where in the world does the term "ship" come from?? Looking forward to all the discussion about Jack and Sam.
              Okay here's what I've gathered from my wonderings online

'ship comes from relationSHIP.

The term was coined for Mulder/Scully on X-Files, I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Usually when you're talking SG-1 'ship' referes to Sam and Jack, unless otherwise specified.

Hope that helps, and I hope you have fun posting here!
              ~BCM =)

Comment

hey while i think of it, i don't tend to partake in the watching of the videos, but thats not gonna stop me with suggesting something for the video makers in the bunch. if it hasn't been done already, stevie wonders lately is a dang good song, might be worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                  but how do you think they are going to oust him in favor of Jack?

I'm voting for a hesisitant Sam while moving forward w/Pete....and in the end running to Jack.....
                  I don't think she'll be hesitant, knowing Sam I think she'll throw herself into the role of girlfriend and as it doesn't work out she'll start to realize that Pete isn't what she's looking for.

How do you all think it's going to round out.....do you think Jack will finally get Sam to the lake w/no pesky fish?
                  I have little doubt that they'll be together in the end, but I don't have any idea what they'll do when they finally get them together.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco

'ship comes from relationSHIP.

The term was coined for Mulder/Scully on X-Files, I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                    i'm not sure about that. i seem to recall it being used for star trek:TNG. unless anyone can offer something predating that? or just tell me i'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      but am i the only one who loved sams "very dramatic, thank you" when jack found her? it only a small thing, but the way it's said just makes it a brilliant line (to me).
                      No, I liked that line too, it pokes fun at his perfect timing and shows shes still pretty cool in the face of death

another one i love is in (i think) past and present? when sam is trying to explain to jack who kiera really is, and he covers his ears and starts going "la la la" then she takes his hands down from his ears. i love that, its very fun.
                      Yes that's "Past and Present". I think he made a little bit too much out of it. If he had toned down his reaction a little I would have liked more.
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        i'm not sure about that. i seem to recall it being used for star trek:TNG. unless anyone can offer something predating that? or just tell me i'm wrong.
                        Now that you mention it... didn't it also get used on ST:TOS? I'm confused
                        ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          Oh Emilee ..I knew you liked Josh Groban but OMG ..You are in lots of pics with him .....You make the perfect couple How old is he by the way ? He looks very young and I see you are an Elvis fan too may be I'll do an Elvis song then too but which one ?!!!!Love me tender!!!

Anyway looks like you had a great time with Josh Groban ..seems ike a realy nice Guy.

Back on topic with Sam and Jack forever ....may be an Elvis video someday!!!!

Thank you for the link

Caty aka ShipDiva
                          Thanks Caty! I am a die hard Josh fan. I have been very fortunate in seeing 3 of his concerts. He is only 23! He actually filled in with Bocelli at a 1999 grammy rehearsal singing "The Prayer" with Celine Dion. He was 17 at the time! Yeah, I wish we would make the perfect couple...but unfortunately, he has a girlfriend...ah well! And your welcome for the link.

Anyway, "Love Me Tender" would be a great Elvis song. And yes, I love Elvis! I just think it's fun mixing in my favorite tv couple and my favorite singers in music videos. It's been fun to watch them!

And a big Welcome to Leanna! Glad to see that you have found us! Jump right in and enjoy the fun!

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
                            Thanks Caty! I am a die hard Josh fan. I have been very fortunate in seeing 3 of his concerts. He is only 23! He actually filled in with Bocelli at a 1999 grammy rehearsal singing "The Prayer" with Celine Dion. He was 17 at the time! Yeah, I wish we would make the perfect couple...but unfortunately, he has a girlfriend...ah well! And your welcome for the link.

Anyway, "Love Me Tender" would be a great Elvis song. And yes, I love Elvis! I just think it's fun mixing in my favorite tv couple and my favorite singers in music videos. It's been fun to watch them!

And a big Welcome to Leanna! Glad to see that you have found us! Jump right in and enjoy the fun!

~*~Emilee~*~

I 'll listen to "love me tender again" .I have it on CD ..and see what I can do

Caty

Comment

"Into the Fire" is coming on SciFi in about 3 minutes. I'm geared up and ready to go for Stargate Monday. It's going to be a good line-up. Anyway, "Into the Fire" reminded me of another excellent moment between Sam and Jack.... Sam tells "colonel whoever" that she will go back and disable the force field around the gate. But her first stop is rescuing Jack from the deep freeze. AND, of course, there's the whole HUG thing. So sweet!!

Token ~

Comment

I though so to Sacme.The way things are going there is no way to tell.Jack getting a paper cut will finally make Sam confess her love for Jack.I'll take anything at this point.I wanted something special but I am desperate.

Comment

Working...
                                X