This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    favourite moments? season 6. metamorphosis. head on the shoulder and pretty much all scenes between the two of them, because i was not expecting any ship there at all. i don't think any ship had been reported in spoilers or anything.
    That was really cute and it is one of my favorite moments, though my favorite ship moment would be any scene in D&C (depending on my mood).

(oh and i heard that the head on the shoulder thing was written in by brad wright, not improvised, am i wrong here?)
    So they say the audio commentary...
    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
      GRACE spoilers

Even though Jack tends to be, oh I don't know, restless maybe, he is also the one who does help Sam focus her thoughts and gives her the strength to continue. In "Grace", she was about to give up, but Jack (even in her sub-conscious) took her mind off of things for a second so she could get things into perspective and find a solution. Sometimes Sam tends to overthink things and Jack knows this. I think he tends to be silly or suggest off the wall things when he knows she is close to the breaking point and needs to back off for a second. To me, this is the kind of stability she needs. Someone who will be there for her and understands her well enough to know when not to pressure her.

I soo agree with you on this Tasha. So often Jack seems to know when to give Sam *something* to focus on if even for a moment, to blow off steam, to laugh, to do anything to to back her off and let her re-group. That is one of the defineing characteristics of their relationship as far as I am concerned. Jack REALLY knows Sam.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        I think you're right. But I also think it's not only the regs that the writers are using as a shield. They could do a number of things to allow Sam and Jack to be together and NOT break the regs, but they won't do anything because they're afraid of rocking the boat. Why change what isn't broken? Why write a hard-to-write-as-a-writer relationship when they can write UST instead? They're taking the easy way out, like a LOT of shows do. Jag's got the monopoly on this type of thinking.
        I don't understand the writers hesitancy in writing a romantic relationship. IMO, "Grace" is so deep and has multiple levels of meaning. It took a creative, talented mind to write that.

I believe in you, PTB! Have confidence! You can do it!!! Have a cookie (or two) !

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token

I'm also glad Waterfall got her sig back!!
          Yes, so am I!!!!

Thanks to my wonderful daughter who had to re-make the whole sig and find another host, so it will work now!!!
          ((((((((((((((inspired nightmare)))))))))))))))

Still working on my fic, I'm up to chapter 4 (pats self on back, considering I am a slow typer) and it is coming along I think rather well.
          It's the "marooned thing" dedicated to Caty the Ship Diva for the idea.
          I would like a beta when it is done,so if you are interested please contact me:
          [email protected]

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
            I've heard that before and went through all Jacob eps I could think of, but I never found another moment where Jack called Jacob "Dad". Is help here anywhere?
            Um... I don't know why, but Jack seemed to stop calling Jacob "Dad" sometime after the third or fourth season. I can't remember which one, though.

Does anyone know why they stopped having Jack call him that?

Before, I just thought it was a joking thing, because, you know, his second-in-command's DAD is a member of the Tok'ra, a liaison for Earth, AND used to be in the military. It's very like JACK to joke like that, but he hasn't since.

I don't know, sgeureka, if that's what you were asking, but I thought I'd chime in as well. I've had the same question for a long time.

PS - I think my "Sam quote" in my signature may be inaccurate. Does anyone want to confirm that the ep is correct, because my sister and I have our doubts.

Comment

Here is my French music video 32...kind of ...."L'hymne a l'amour" sung by Josh Groban..lyrics by Edith piaf.

The English lyrics are on my webiste just under the video link...and the French lyrics could be found here ..if you want to sing along.:

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Hymne-A-L'Amour-lyrics-Josh-Groban/D49FF76B68365F7548256DDB0006B723#

Copy and paste the link..

Enjoy Hope you'll like that one too.!!!!

Click on my sig to access my website

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Hey Caty!

Love the new video!! It's awesome! I still have other videos to catch up on, but I just love when you do Josh Groban songs! That voice! ahhh!

Thanks for all the work you've done on these videos! Thanks to you and Marimba for entertaining us! You guys are the best!

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
                  Hey Caty!

Love the new video!! It's awesome! I still have other videos to catch up on, but I just love when you do Josh Groban songs! That voice! ahhh!

Thanks for all the work you've done on these videos! Thanks to you and Marimba for entertaining us! You guys are the best!

~*~Emilee~*~

I have another one of Josh coming soon..Emilee. .You are not the only who loves the man ...And he is so flexible singing with all the girls too
                  He is so great to use in music videos....love it

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    I have another one of Josh coming soon..Emilee. .You are not the only who loves the man ...And he is so flexible singing with all the girls too
                    He is so great to use in music videos....love it

caty
                    YAY! Can't wait to see it!

OT: www.picturetrail.com/emilee108 click on "Hollywood Bowl weekend" and there's a couple of pictures of me and Josh in there.

Okay, so my eyes are screwed up in both pictures, but I still like them!

Anyway, back on topic....SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Hi all! My first posting. Never done anything like this before, but looks like fun and I NEED someone to talk to about my latest passion... Stargate SG-1... in particular the "ship"? between Jack and Sam. YES, I watch episodes over, over, and over... in slow motion... searching carefully for any sign of J/S moments!! I thought I was the only one who did that! Boy, do I feel better! Just two things I would like to know as a "newbie"... I think I've figured out that "ship", "shipper", etc refers to a characters relationship with other characters. I have to know... is this a term specifically "coined" for the Jack and Sam relationship? and where in the world does the term "ship" come from?? Looking forward to all the discussion about Jack and Sam.
                      SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                        You're just SO self-sacrificing.
                        I know, I do what I can
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          She is one confused lady. I think we need to get Ship Daddy to straighten her out. I know he is up for the job.
                          She is very confused. And I'll point her straight at Jack, and if she wont go, well I guess I'll just have to take his spot... The sacrifices I make for these people
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna
                            Hi all! My first posting. Never done anything like this before, but looks like fun and I NEED someone to talk to about my latest passion... Stargate SG-1... in particular the "ship"? between Jack and Sam. YES, I watch episodes over, over, and over... in slow motion... searching carefully for any sign of J/S moments!! I thought I was the only one who did that! Boy, do I feel better! Just two things I would like to know as a "newbie"... I think I've figured out that "ship", "shipper", etc refers to a characters relationship with other characters. I have to know... is this a term specifically "coined" for the Jack and Sam relationship? and where in the world does the term "ship" come from?? Looking forward to all the discussion about Jack and Sam.

Hi Leanna and welcome!!! You have come to the right place if you want to talk about our favorite couple Sam and Jack. And no you are not alone! You are one of thousands, and thousands, and... well you get the idea.

Have fun and post alot!
                            Oh and please help yourself to the shipper loaded cookies. But one word of warning, they are really, really shipper strong. Hope you can hold your shipper cookies!!! If you can't don't worry afterall practice makes perfect.
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                              She is very confused. And I'll point her straight at Jack, and if she wont go, well I guess I'll just have to take his spot... The sacrifices I make for these people

Wow, what a man!!! What he won't do in the name of ship!!
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                                I've heard that before and went through all Jacob eps I could think of, but I never found another moment where Jack called Jacob "Dad". Is help here anywhere?
                                I think he's only done it 2, 3 times MAX. And I don't think it's ever been to his face. We haven't heard him say it since s3. As for episodes, on of them was Jolinar's Memories, the opening clip, and I don't remember the others.
                                ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                                X