This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    Your right Ship Nana.I understand if RDA does it but no other actor is a producer.I still think while RDA is hearing his Actor cap he should do what the scence calls for.
    I agree. I think one of THE worst cases of the actors ruling the nest was in the filming of the end scene of 2001. It's when Sam comes flying through the stargate feet first and tumbles down the ramp. She was *clearly* hurt, but Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, and Hammond merely stood there and had a convo with her because - and get this - the 'actors' were tired and didn't want to wait for a camera change set up. They ruined the scene as far as I'm concerned. And I blame the other powers that were there, that 'let' it happen. What about the director saying 'too friggin bad, we'll stay right here and wait for the camera set up.' No, we get a scene where it gives the impression the guys were uninterested in that Sam was literally writhing on the floor in pain. All because the boys didn't want to wait. Isn't there anyone that's willing to say no to a bad call?

The thing that gets me is when I hear the comments like Sam not wanting to be Jack's girl. The problem is Sam is now everyone's girl except Jack's.
    Ooh, I *love* the way you put that! Gave me one of those epiphany chill moments.

That comment and the Black widow Curse drive me up the wall.
    The Black Widow Curse is a joke. Daniel has worse luck with his love life than Sam, especially seeing as the ppl that died were actually ppl he was involved with! Same with Teal'c.

This may sound harsh but there are plenty of actors who cannot find work who whould love to be on Stargate and would love to play the scence the way TPTB want.

I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe they'll have to have a disclaimer for the actors to sign when they're hired. *Disclaimer: if you don't like what's going on, please don't tells the fans.*

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      The most frustrating thing about all of this is if this were real life by now either they would have been together or not. The fact is we can rationalize and analyze until we are blue in the face but our real wall is TPTB not the regs. It is their holding steadfast to the regs that are keeping us from eternal bliss.

I think you're right. But I also think it's not only the regs that the writers are using as a shield. They could do a number of things to allow Sam and Jack to be together and NOT break the regs, but they won't do anything because they're afraid of rocking the boat. Why change what isn't broken? Why write a hard-to-write-as-a-writer relationship when they can write UST instead? They're taking the easy way out, like a LOT of shows do. Jag's got the monopoly on this type of thinking.

Someone on here said it best Jack and Sam have gone against regulations many times, granted to save the planet; but even in situations where they are facing intimate death they don't cross the regs, these two are made of steel. That is where the show turns into a tv episode and not real life.

Agree. In real life, something would have happened with these two concerning this situation, whether it was trying out the relationship or dropping it. But standing still... is just standing still.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        On the other hand in "Metamorphosis" it was AT's idea to rest her head on RDA's shoulder, something that was not in the script at all.
        You know this for a fact? It was in the dvd commentary for that ep? I'd love to believe that Amanda actually 'wanted' S/J ship, instead of complaining about it. It would be *real* nice.

Sally :/
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          You know this for a fact? It was in the dvd commentary for that ep? I'd love to believe that Amanda actually 'wanted' S/J ship, instead of complaining about it. It would be *real* nice.

The last I have heard is AT is a shipper but she wants it done properly and does not want Sam be Jack's girl...Maybe she wants Sam to be Jack's wife ..This makes a whole lot of difference to me . Sam is a woman not a girl AND RDA is a shipper too and didn't he say somewhere that he won't deny Sam /Jack relationship and would go towards a prospect of a happy future together when the time is right.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Actually on the Metamorphesis (yeah i can't spell) DVD commentary, PDL makes a big deal out of noting that Brad Wright scripted that scene with the head on the shoulder I think that actually line was something along the lines of: "the writers actually do come up with some good stuff; it isn't all the actors."

The head lean in BtS was unscripted if I remember, but it was a step down from a kiss that was debated....

SB

Comment

The "C" ep of season seven, spoilers

I'm picturing it like this....

That same scene when Sam made the moves on PS in her house in Chernobyl would be played *much* differently if it were with Jack instead. It seemed to me that Sam was leading in the seduction with PS - - but if that scene were with Jack, 'he'd' be the one seducing. And Sam would be a puddle of shippily ooze. Sam made the moves with PS - Jack would with Sam. Sam set the rules - Jack would be making them up along the way, with Sam following giddily along in the wake. The thing is, Sam's in control with PS (except for his stalker-in-training behavior), but Jack's the chaos component that a scientist like Sam is petrified of handling. With PS, it's comfortable. With Jack, it's unpredictable and exciting. With PS, it's farm life in Montana. With Jack, it's weekends in bed and trips to his cabin on the back of her motorcycle. Sam's enjoying living this side herself, but I think she'll eventually realize that she wants the 'toe-curling' factor that she only can get with Jack.

Sally
              I think that Sam likes order. She is a logical thinker and has trouble dealing with things that are out of control, illogical, chaos. So therefore, she thinks she wants a nice normal life. Quiet, 2 car, 2 1/2 kids, house with picket fence, etc. Jack's chaoticness might scare her a little while it also might attract her.

Once she realizes that calm, Montana farm living isn't for her she will wake up and smell the cofee and be with Jack.
              Ship Nana

Comment

Spoilers season 8
                s
                p
                o
                i
                l
                e
                r
                s
                p
                a
                c
                e

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                Once she realizes that calm, Montana farm living isn't for her she will wake up and smell the cofee and be with Jack.
                Sam has to eventually wake up and realize she never liked calm and normal all that much. This is the woman who desperately wanted to be an astronaut, rides motorcycles, thinks dangerous races are fun, and loves one of the most insane jobs ever imagined. She's not miss settle down and do the normal thing. She left normal a long time ago and quite voluntarily. She may think she wants a little of that while the rest of her life is so crazy. However, once the shiny newness of it all wears off and she gets a big dose of normal, it's gonna go back to being the boring stuff she's been avoiding her whole life.
                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

The "C" ep of season seven, spoilers

I'm picturing it like this....

That same scene when Sam made the moves on PS in her house in Chernobyl would be played *much* differently if it were with Jack instead. It seemed to me that Sam was leading in the seduction with PS - - but if that scene were with Jack, 'he'd' be the one seducing. And Sam would be a puddle of shippily ooze. Sam made the moves with PS - Jack would with Sam. Sam set the rules - Jack would be making them up along the way, with Sam following giddily along in the wake. The thing is, Sam's in control with PS (except for his stalker-in-training behavior), but Jack's the chaos component that a scientist like Sam is petrified of handling. With PS, it's comfortable. With Jack, it's unpredictable and exciting. With PS, it's farm life in Montana. With Jack, it's weekends in bed and trips to his cabin on the back of her motorcycle. Sam's enjoying living this side herself, but I think she'll eventually realize that she wants the 'toe-curling' factor that she only can get with Jack.

Sally
                  Sally-I love the way you put this. Sam thrives on adrenaline and excitement. Eventually, she would become restless and unsatisfied in her life with PS. You're right...she's settling for what she thinks she needs, not what she actually needs to be happy. So again, she's "settling" for boring and what she perceives as stability when we all know Jack is much more stable and dependable.
                  Tasha
                  JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

I was thinking TPTB and the actors say that Sam and Jack can't get together until the end of the show, right? Why? Because they are holding steadfast to the regs rule? Well, in order for them to go around the regs things would have to change, probably Sam leaving the AF or Jack in charge of a different unit or retiring. Because they don't want to focus on relationships? Well isn't that what Stargate is about. I mean the whole show started with the relationship of Jack and Daniel. We have since moved on to the relationships of Jack and Teal'c, Sam and Daniel, Daniel and Shar'e, Teal'c and Ishta, Teal'c and his family, Sam and Janet, etc. The show is totally made up of relationships. Why then is it so strange to focus on Jack and Sam. The whole point of Daniel even being on SG-1 was to find Sha're, isn't that focusing on a relationship? Now the big question, isn't Sam and Pete focusing on a relationship? I think Sally is right and TPTB are not confident enough in their writing to write Jack and Sam together. With all of the horrific, things the characters go through, I think it would be a nice balance to have some romance between Jack and Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                      Ah, so I guess that makes me the most brilliant of the brilliant

Yes, Well if Jack's to stupid to make a move after Sam dumps Pete I'll help her through it. I'll give her a shoulder to lean on, and help her move on.
                      *sigh* I'm just such a nice guy
                      You're just SO self-sacrificing.
                      Tasha

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

I don't think that it has to be one or the other with Sam, I think she wants both lives the adrenaline rush and excitement of going through the stargate and a home life where after she has gone through she has a significant other that will recharge her for another day. I think it has been one sided all along and therefore she is feeling the confusion that she is, what she needs is balance. The type of life Sam leads right now is draining, all the adrenaline rushes and life and death experiences has left her empty. What both Jack and Sam need is to build a relationship where they can fill that void for one another with all the love they can muster.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                          I don't think that it has to be one or the other with Sam, I think she wants both lives the adrenaline rush and excitement of going through the stargate and a home life where after she has gone through she has a significant other that will recharge her for another day. I think it has been one sided all along and therefore she is feeling the confusion that she is, what she needs is balance. The type of life Sam leads right now is draining, all the adrenaline rushes and life and death experiences has left her empty. What both Jack and Sam need is to build a relationship where they can fill that void for one another with all the love they can muster.
                          GRACE spoilers

Even though Jack tends to be, oh I don't know, restless maybe, he is also the one who does help Sam focus her thoughts and gives her the strength to continue. In "Grace", she was about to give up, but Jack (even in her sub-conscious) took her mind off of things for a second so she could get things into perspective and find a solution. Sometimes Sam tends to overthink things and Jack knows this. I think he tends to be silly or suggest off the wall things when he knows she is close to the breaking point and needs to back off for a second. To me, this is the kind of stability she needs. Someone who will be there for her and understands her well enough to know when not to pressure her.
                          Tasha

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

I think Sam is questioning the "road not taken" just like many other women who have given up the conventional family for a career. She is thinking about what could have been and what she might have given up. So she is trying to capture the "what if I had...".

It won't work, because in the long run, I don't think she would have given up her life for the hum drum of being on a farm in Montana with . She will realize this and eventually make a full circle and come back to Jack where she belongs. The problem is how long is "eventually". Looks like, at least according to TPTB, at least 8 or 9 or more episodes.

She is one confused lady. I think we need to get Ship Daddy to straighten her out. I know he is up for the job.
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Ok....so we know that Sam's boyfriend has been cast in season 8....that's just painful....but how do you think they are going to oust him in favor of Jack?

I'm voting for a hesisitant Sam while moving forward w/Pete....and in the end running to Jack.....

How do you all think it's going to round out.....do you think Jack will finally get Sam to the lake w/no pesky fish?

SClaire

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                and pretty much any episode where jack refers to jacob as "dad". the look on sams face is always great.
                                I've heard that before and went through all Jacob eps I could think of, but I never found another moment where Jack called Jacob "Dad". Is help here anywhere?
                                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X