Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just once can we see Sam say Bug off to Felger or one of her other many Man friends.I'am shocked Sam said no to Barrett in Resurrection.I though Sam only said no to Jack.I have been critical of TPTB lately but I think the actors have stopped many good ship scences between Sam and Jack.Over the years I heard many times that At and RDA did not want to play a certain scence the way it has been created.I may be wrong on this but whether the Actors think it is a good idea or not the Actor should not be allowed to overrule the TPTB.I have no problems with Actors having a say in the characters development but at the end of the day TPTB are the Boss and the Actors should follow there direction.The Actors should become writers producers or directors if they want the power.I know it's silly but that has bother me about Hollywood for the longest time.

Comment

I agree 100% Sally.It is fustrating to hear the Actor's comments change regarding ship.I would just love a straight answer.If the Actors wanted the Ship to end in Season 4 then just come out and say so.It is not right to have the ship continue after season 4 and then get everyone's hopes up.I find it hard to believe why anyone cannot understand why Pete is so unpopular with shippers.TPTB really expect Shippers to go along for 7 years of being treated like a yo-yo regarding Ship and not complain.

Comment

Amen Sally.Just for once I would like the Actors in all shows and movies to stop trying to be writers and directors and just Act.Maybe the quality of Shows and Movies will improve if Actors stick to there jobs.In life we all have to do what the boss says.Even if we think it may not be the right thing we are paid to follow instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          (snip)
          It's all about the chemistry. If the chemistry is there between actors it just naturally comes out. I think that is some of what shippers pick up on. I know from watching behind the scenes stuff that Amanda and RDA have a good relationship. I think they can't help that is what comes across on the screen. Of course, it's all in TPTB hands, and if there is a Season 9....I don't want to go there.

I think you are absolutely right about the chemistry. It is soooooo there between Amanda and RDA as actors. It is like pieces of a puzzle, sometimes the pieces go together and sometimes they don't. This is just one of those cases that from the outset the pieces just fit together very nicely indeed!!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Token
            I hear ya!! But in those quite moments, my mind wanders to "what if Stargate SG-1 goes on without RDA". eeeekkkkkk! That is when I run for Ship Nana's warm, fresh, shipper-drugged COOKIES!!!!

It will make you happy to know that I have upted the shipper-drug in the Shipper cookies after all these depressing posts and just finished a huge batch. I want everyone to be optimistic and happy little shippers. Sooooo, cookies for all!!!
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              Tasha...don't even worry....if TPTB are not planning on getting the two of them together eventually it will become clear to us and then what do you think will happen?
              Me personally, well I have an emotional investment in the show as well as an entertainment factor. I love the show because I am a fan of good Sci-Fi and I think they do a good job. I am emotionally invested because I began to care about these two characters and whether or not they should be together. Once I determined that YES they should, my investment was made.
              So if TPTB decide to STOP all of of sudden and do a 180 on the S&J and go in a new direction, double . I will probably have to take a break and re-group. I will never say cancel the show or anything that drastic but I will have a sense that I *wish* I had never made the choice to emotionally invest myself.
              I have walked away from many shows I have enjoyed for just that reason TPTB tried to drag it out for the $$$ and lost me as a viewer. As one person I am nothing to them, but it makes it easier next time to not get hooked on the next show.
              I have stayed out of a lot of discussions because I usually try to stay on an even keel that *this is a TV show* and it shouldn't matter either way. But I finally realized it does to me, this was a show I have invested in emotionally. I have invested my time on many nights watching the Sci-Fi channel. My money purchasing DVDs and my time enjoying the interaction of other Fans. all firsts for me. So I think this time it will hit a bit closer to home if TPTB yank our chains one time to many.

Tame
              Well said and I sooo agree with you. Those are my feelings exactly and I too have walked away from ongoing shows because they made a 180 on the ship.

If this happens here then we also know that we will not be able to trust TPTB in the future when they do other show. They would have a history of leading fans down the garden path and then getting us lost in the garden. And I won't make that kinda mistake with them again, I just won't trust them or invest in their shows either emotionally or monetarily. This goes for Atlantis or any other show they produce.

But I am hoping beyond hope that TPTB will do right by us. Meanwhile I am gonna eat alot of my shipper cookies!!!!!!
              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                Have to agree!

{Thanks to Jo R. for the original screencap from Beyond the Gate http://community.webshots.com/album/139143772fdbJhJ/1}

I like this photo - I think it's cute. And although AT and RDA might just be fooling around, I don't think that TPTB would put this shot on the DVD if they didn't want to encourage us!

See, See, See, even when they are fooling around there is that chemistry. It is there for the actors, and it is there for their characters. They just can't help themselves. Either you have it or you don't!! And by G-d they HAVE IT!
                Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  Just once can we see Sam say Bug off to Felger or one of her other many Man friends.I'am shocked Sam said no to Barrett in Resurrection.I though Sam only said no to Jack.I have been critical of TPTB lately but I think the actors have stopped many good ship scences between Sam and Jack.Over the years I heard many times that At and RDA did not want to play a certain scence the way it has been created.I may be wrong on this but whether the Actors think it is a good idea or not the Actor should not be allowed to overrule the TPTB.I have no problems with Actors having a say in the characters development but at the end of the day TPTB are the Boss and the Actors should follow there direction.The Actors should become writers producers or directors if they want the power.I know it's silly but that has bother me about Hollywood for the longest time.

Yeah, well, one of the problems with that is that RDA IS the Boss ie: one of the producers, you know, the one with the money, and he can do anything he wants anytime he wants!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Your right Ship Nana.I understand if RDA does it but no other actor is a producer.I still think while RDA is hearing his Actor cap he should do what the scence calls for.I know it is a silly though.The thing that gets me is when I hear the comments like Sam not wanting to be Jack's girl.The problem is Sam is now everyone's girl except Jack's.I guess that what some people wanted.That comment and the Black widow Curse drive me up the wall.This may sound harsh but there are plenty of actors who cannot find work who whould love to be on Stargate and would love to play the scence the way TPTB want.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                      ........And I'm back,

It's now 11pm and I'm not in bed yet. Instead of going to said bed - sans a certain Colonel - I read "Caught" by Aeryn.

Of course, when I went to read it, I did so in all innocence and - ever mindful of the ticking clock, the warm, waiting bed, the exam tomorrow - skipped over the story specs. You know, the summary. The Pairing. The Season. The Category.

.....THE RATING!!
                      [snip]

By which time I had tears of laughter running down my cheeks!

I was laughing so hard I was worried I'd wake the rest of the house!

Going into the story cold like that - with no idea what was awaiting me - was simultaneously the most disturbing and humorous thing that's happened to me in QUITE a long time. I'm no prude, but when you're not expecting anything like that - and in hindsight, the title really should have given it away - well, what can I say.

I'm still giggling.

Don't like my chances of sleep now......sigh

LOL--I distinctly remember menitioning something about it being NC-17 when I posted the link! Glad you liked it though--I've read it several times, it's really very funny! It's hubs' favorite fanfic! (of the few he's been willing to read)
                      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I was thinking wouldn't it be funny if Sam came across one of her mothers journals and started reading it only to find out that she too was in love with her CO, who we find out later turns out to be Jacob. The only problem is I don't remember if Sams mom was in the AF (memory is the first to go when you get a little older).

I was also thinking about another angle with Sam. She has worked very hard to be where she is at maybe she is afraid of the comments "Typical put woman in the AF and they fall in love with their CO" and Sam will do anything not to be typical. Food for thought. Don't know why I said it, it just popped into my head.

The most frustrating thing about all of this is if this were real life by now either they would have been together or not. The fact is we can rationalize and analyze until we are blue in the face but our real wall is TPTB not the regs. It is their holding steadfast to the regs that are keeping us from eternal bliss.

Someone on here said it best Jack and Sam have gone against regulations many times, granted to save the planet; but even in situations where they are facing intimate death they don't cross the regs, these two are made of steel. That is where the show turns into a tv episode and not real life.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                          I was thinking wouldn't it be funny if Sam came across one of her mothers journals and started reading it only to find out that she too was in love with her CO, who we find out later turns out to be Jacob. The only problem is I don't remember if Sams mom was in the AF (memory is the first to go when you get a little older).

I was also thinking about another angle with Sam. She has worked very hard to be where she is at maybe she is afraid of the comments "Typical put woman in the AF and they fall in love with their CO" and Sam will do anything not to be typical. Food for thought. Don't know why I said it, it just popped into my head.

The most frustrating thing about all of this is if this were real life by now either they would have been together or not. The fact is we can rationalize and analyze until we are blue in the face but our real wall is TPTB not the regs. It is their holding steadfast to the regs that are keeping us from eternal bliss.

Someone on here said it best Jack and Sam have gone against regulations many times, granted to save the planet; but even in situations where they are facing intimate death they don't cross the regs, these two are made of steel. That is where the show turns into a tv episode and not real life.
                          Ah, Nick, a very astute observation as usual! I've heard it mentioned that they wouldn't violate regs unless it was to save the world. But whoever said that forgot one itty,bitty thing--UPGRADES!! Hello, was it just me or did they leave the SGC in pursuit of food--violating a direct order frrom Hammond--and then tree a bar in the process? Okay, maybe I was imagining that. Just a thought.
                          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                            Ah, Nick, a very astute observation as usual! I've heard it mentioned that they wouldn't violate regs unless it was to save the world. But whoever said that forgot one itty,bitty thing--UPGRADES!! Hello, was it just me or did they leave the SGC in pursuit of food--violating a direct order frrom Hammond--and then tree a bar in the process? Okay, maybe I was imagining that. Just a thought.
                            Well now Marimba...there is a BIG difference between violating a reg for a big juicy steak vs Jack's juicy lips. Sam was VERY hungry. But I do see your point
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Well now Marimba...there is a BIG difference between violating a reg for a big juicy steak vs Jack's juicy lips. Sam was VERY hungry. But I do see your point
                              Ah but one might argue that they were under alien infulence when they went out for steaks, becuase... they were and if they had been in their right minds they wouldn't have done that.
                              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                                Ah but one might argue that they were under alien infulence when they went out for steaks, becuase... they were and if they had been in their right minds they wouldn't have done that.
                                I can think of much better things to do when I'm out of my right mind than going out for steak.
                                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Working...
                                X