This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSDT
    The books are the illustrated companions by Thomasina Gibson.

<snip>

Under the ep guide for "Divide and Conquer" they basically said they

Yeah, that's the f******* sh** I'm talking about!

*blinks*

Wow, I'm bitter.

Hey, maybe in the future, all actors will be computer generated and we won't have to hear their opinions?

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

That's okay, Sally! I've managed to snap myself out of my funk with the help of everyone here. I just had to get over the initial shock, but that book was written many years ago...years and years ago (really!)...and I've been told opinions have changed. But thank you for the cookies...a daily dose of shipper cookies always helps keep the spirit up!
      not to mention I know where else you have been.....
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I didn't mean to get everyone stirred up with my comments. I just needed reassurance and this is the only place I can get it. I'm such a child sometimes! For right now, I'm going to think positive thoughts for season 8 and trust in the extremely obvious signs of Sam and Jack's feelings for each other. (See! Me being positive!)

Be upset all you want, hon, that's what we're here for. I'm sending JackClone number 3 your way, along with SUPER SHIPPER COOKIES OF LOVE to help drug, I mean soothe your frazzled shipper nerves.

Sally

ps- For all the Daniel/MS droolers out there, can you lead me to a good place where I could find some hunkable pics of him? I prefer the season 5 Daniel/MS myself.
        Last edited by majorsal; 15 May 2004, 09:48 PM. Reason: take one bloody guess....
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, I'll tell you and then you give your usual logical reasoning and make me feel better okay?
          I'll do my best

They also said Amanda and Rick wanted to end it to because they were tired of trying work around that arc.
          Okay they alrady know they were getting a 5th season. So they knew they weren't going to be changing the team around at least until they ended the 5th season. So it would get a little tiring doing the dance all the time... look at us we're climbing the walls right now

Amanda Tapping says she thinks it's great that Carter moved on with someone other than Jack.
          Even if she thought it were the crappies idea in the world she's not going to say it while the show is still running. It's her living she's not going to diss it.

During the cabin scene, Jack was supposed to leave her standing there, but she convinced people to let her do it since she had moved on and needed to leave again.
          Sam had moved on, and we know what ever it was that caused her to move on, must have been big. So if she'd made that decision I could see her sticking to it no matter if it was the wrong one. I mean look, it took the fate of the World to bring her back to Jack and admit she'd made a mistake in the first place.

but I didn't realize the actors felt this way.
          All the interviews, Q&As etc, that I've read recently have all leaned toward a shippy resolution from AT and RDA, et al. and it's what they say now that counts

Okay how was that?
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            not to mention I know where else you have been.....
            Why, Tame, whatever do you mean....(looking around quite innocently...for a hussy)
            Tasha
            JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              The "In Demand" series by JoJo
              In Demand is by Jackie W.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                I'll do my best

Okay they alrady know they were getting a 5th season. So they knew they weren't going to be changing the team around at least until they ended the 5th season. So it would get a little tiring doing the dance all the time... look at us we're climbing the walls right now

Even if she thought it were the crappies idea in the world she's not going to say it while the show is still running. It's her living she's not going to diss it.

Sam had moved on, and we know what ever it was that caused her to move on, must have been big. So if she'd made that decision I could see her sticking to it no matter if it was the wrong one. I mean look, it took the fate of the World to bring her back to Jack and admit she'd made a mistake in the first place.

All the interviews, Q&As etc, that I've read recently have all leaned toward a shippy resolution from AT and RDA, et al. and it's what they say now that counts

Okay how was that?
                See! See! See! You always know the right thing to say! (Maybe I need to borrow Tame's sign...) I am feeling much better now by the way...just needed to have some shipper cookies and shipper wisdom to rejuvenate those positive shippy thoughts!
                Tasha

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  But I finally realized it does to me, this was a show I have invested in emotionally. I have invested my time on many nights watching the Sci-Fi channel. My money purchasing DVDs and my time enjoying the interaction of other Fans. all firsts for me. So I think this time it will hit a bit closer to home if TPTB yank our chains one time to many.
                  Yes those are all some firsts for me too. $$ on DVDs, time with other fans online, and because of those two an extra emotional connection beyond what I've invested in any other show. Not that I actually watch any other shows right now
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    I think it 'could' work that Sam's involved with Jack off screen. I think it would satisfy a lot of ppl too. Think of it; if Sam's involved with Jack off screen, the anti-shippers wouldn't have to suffer through Sam/Jack ship scenes. The show would revolve around missions and such, without going into Sam's personal life as much as they have/will with PS. The shippers will be happy, basically, because we'll KNOW Sam and Jack are together, whether we're seeing it or not. And I could imagine RDA coming back for a guest spot or two. If that happened, I'd imagine the writers would make sure that Jack had good scenes with 'all' his friends, not just his girlfriend. It is workable, but ONLY if the writers wanted to do it. If Amanda wants some focus on her personal life, she can have talks with Daniel, Teal'c, or Cassie about it. Hey, Cassie's a good personal life issue to deal with! It's all doable.
                    *nods head in agreement* and that's the only way I'd like to see a season 9 sans RDA.
                    ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      I'm tired of Sam's "confusion"! I think I hate her "confusion" (read "hang ups") more than BCM hates the BWC (dare I even mention the word)!
                      *takes slow even breaths* Ok I'm good
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

You know speaking for myself, if I was as in love with someone as Sam is with Jack my heart wouldn't even be interested in looking or being with anybody else. To her benefit she has even heard Jack say that he cares for her, even if it was a long time ago which would make me wait until I guess we were adult enough to have a conversation or I saw him dating someone else. I'm a shy, quiet type person and until I saw him dating someone else I would feel as though we still had something. There would be no way that I would be the one dating someone else first much less having sex with them, my heart just would not be in it. I guess I would just be appreciating work all the more. This is just me I am a romantic at heart.

You would also think that with all the men that have fallen in love with Sam that she would be a little better at figuring out what is love and what isn't. I too am very tired with every male falling in love with Sam.

MajorSal I've been thinking about your question about what would make them forgo the regs and I agree i think it would be a life threatening situation. I brought up this scenerio before but here goes:

Sam and another SG member are captured by a Goauld (sp) and necklaces are placed around their necks. The one member is sent through the Stargate to the SGC. They attempt to remove the necklace but a countdown begins and the necklace explodes. SG-l along with Braytac come to rescure Sam but SG-l is captured leaving Braytac to do the rescuing. The Goauld have left Sam and SG-l chained aboard an abandoned ship with Sams necklace starting a countdown. Braytac releases Sam and leaves but Sam does not release the others because she knows that they will never leave her and she does not want them to die with her. She says goodbye to Daniel and Teal'c giving them both kisses on the cheek when it comes to Jack she kisses him on the cheek crying and starts to walk away, suddenly she turns back and kisses him passionately on the lips and whispers to him "I love you Jack O'Neill". Before she leaves she removes his hat and places it on her head saying "I need this for luck," and turns and runs away. Of course Braytac returns for them and they search for Sam. Unable to find her they return to the SGC, knowing that the necklace would have exploded by now. Moments later the Stargate opens and in walks Sam carrying Jack's hat and explaining how the Asgard helped her out. She gives Jack her hat and walks away leaving Jack with a funny grin on his face. Oh well short and sweet.

I have to say I really like the idea of Sam dying in Jacks arms and then coming back in a sarcophagus though that would be a good story especially since I don't think Sam has ever been in one.

Comment

See! See! See! You always know the right thing to say! (Maybe I need to borrow Tame's sign...) I am feeling much better now by the way...just needed to have some shipper cookies and shipper wisdom to rejuvenate those positive shippy thoughts!
                          I know, I know. I'm just THAT good.

Hey you in the back stop laughing
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

just needed to have some shipper cookies and shipper wisdom to rejuvenate those positive shippy thoughts!
                            And a bottle of Scotch does wonders too.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              And a bottle of Scotch does wonders too.

Sally
                              Do they make shipper Scotch?
                              Tasha

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                                You know speaking for myself, if I was as in love with someone as Sam is with Jack my heart wouldn't even be interested in looking or being with anybody else.

I've said it before, but I think we shippers are more in love with Jack than the way Sam is written. If *I* were Sam, I would have done something to be with Jack a loooong time ago. In fact, I would have spoke up about it after Jack came back from Edora. But, if I chickened out or were still confused, I KNOW I would have handled the issue after the Zaytarc thinger in D & C.

There would be no way that I would be the one dating someone else first much less having sex with them, my heart just would not be in it. I guess I would just be appreciating work all the more. This is just me I am a romantic at heart.

I'd be that way too. My head my turn, if say, someone like Pierce Brosnan or George Clooney came along, but PS... I'd be laughing before I'd be dating him. Ooh, there's that lovely snarkiness oozing out again.

I too am very tired with every male falling in love with Sam.

It's a joke. Hey, do something different, let a 'woman' be attracted to Sam. <eg>

MajorSal I've been thinking

Please call me Sally.

about your question about what would make them forgo the regs and I agree i think it would be a life threatening situation. I brought up this scenerio before but here goes:

That was great! It seems familiar too; have you posted this before? Thanks for sharing!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X