This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjj1993
    What's the other one? Mine is Sally Reeves' Something Worth Hiding.
    And the winner is...

"Go Toward the Light" by Ruralstar

The "In Demand" series by JoJo (think this one's a gw), "Kaleidoscope" by A.M Richardson (at my site), and to round out the top 5--"Caught" by Aeryn. Never read that particular SR one but I'm going to look it up now.
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
      And don't forget that lieutenant...was his name Simmons? Another conquest to add to Sam's List of Love Slaves.
      Yeah, right. Simmons. Whatever happened to Simmons?

Token ~

Comment

The books are the illustrated companions by Thomasina Gibson.

Under the ep guide for "Divide and Conquer" they basically said they wanted to address the issue and put it to rest. They also said Amanda and Rick wanted to end it to because they were tired of trying work around that arc.

"2010":

Amanda Tapping says she thinks it's great that Carter moved on with someone other than Jack. During the cabin scene, Jack was supposed to leave her standing there, but she convinced people to let her do it since she had moved on and needed to leave again.
        Take heart Tasha....
        That was written 3 years ago and A LOT has happened since then and A LOT has changed even in the actors opinions. Many episodes and many interviews later we have heard both actors say many different things regarding where they want to see the relationship go.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Take heart Tasha....
          That was written 3 years ago and A LOT has happened since then and A LOT has changed even in the actors opinions. Many episodes and many interviews later we have heard both actors say many different things regarding where they want to see the relationship go.
          I know it was a long time ago, but to see that was just depressing. I tried to log on yesterday, because I knew you guys could make sense of it and cheer me up. Dumb computer!!! I was just having an off day and let myself get all worked up about it...it was just too much on top of the stuff. I'm glad the actors have said things that show their opinions have changed. I thought I'd read some quotes before, but I couldn't remember how long ago they had been said.

I've been thinking a little (don't want to think a LOT, just gets me into trouble ) and I've realized if everyone still felt this way we wouldn't still be getting references to ship and the wonderful hugs and looks like in S7. So I'm starting to get my optimism back...just watching videos, shippy episodes, and eating Ship Nana's cookies!
          Tasha
          JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Okay, BCM, you just want to depress me again, don't you? Well, I'll tell you and then you give your usual logical reasoning and make me feel better okay?

The books are the illustrated companions by Thomasina Gibson.

Under the ep guide for "Divide and Conquer" they basically said they wanted to address the issue and put it to rest. They also said Amanda and Rick wanted to end it to because they were tired of trying work around that arc.
            The "Divide and Conquer" audio commentary never gave that impression.

"2010":

Amanda Tapping says she thinks it's great that Carter moved on with someone other than Jack. During the cabin scene, Jack was supposed to leave her standing there, but she convinced people to let her do it since she had moved on and needed to leave again.

These are the main ones and I know it's silly to let this upset me, but I didn't realize the actors felt this way.

I didn't want to quote the book directly, because I wasn't sure if I could get into trouble. If I have done something wrong, I'm sorry...just let me know and I'll edit this.
            It's all about the chemistry. If the chemistry is there between actors it just naturally comes out. I think that is some of what shippers pick up on. I know from watching behind the scenes stuff that Amanda and RDA have a good relationship. I think they can't help that is what comes across on the screen. Of course, it's all in TPTB hands, and if there is a Season 9....I don't want to go there.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
              It's all about the chemistry. If the chemistry is there between actors it just naturally comes out. I think that is some of what shippers pick up on. I know from watching behind the scenes stuff that Amanda and RDA have a good relationship. I think they can't help that is what comes across on the screen. Of course, it's all in TPTB hands, and if there is a Season 9....I don't want to go there.
              all I can say is Oy VEY
              right now I just want to get through Season 8
              lets just take one season at a time.........please
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

all I can say is Oy VEY
                I hear ya!! But in those quite moments, my mind wanders to "what if Stargate SG-1 goes on without RDA". eeeekkkkkk! That is when I run for Ship Nana's warm, fresh, shipper-drugged COOKIES!!!!

Token ~

Comment

all I can say is Oy VEY
                  I didn't mean to get everyone stirred up with my comments. I just needed reassurance and this is the only place I can get it. I'm such a child sometimes! For right now, I'm going to think positive thoughts for season 8 and trust in the extremely obvious signs of Sam and Jack's feelings for each other. (See! Me being positive!)
                  Tasha
                  JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Spoilers for Chimera, Grace, and S8's New Order

To me, PS seems to be making the rules in the S/P relationship, but I think Jack is letting Sam lead in 'their' relationship. And I can see Sam realizing this for herself about PS. From New Order spoilers, I can't see Sam wanting to call it quits to live with PS in Montana on a farm - I'm thinking PS would talk her into it. Maybe this vision of HELL will start Sam into seriously questioning things about PS and his influence on her. Think of how many times we've seen Jack let Sam make the call. He trusts her completly. Just think of the scenes in Grace, and how Jack was THE one to trust her judgement. And seeing as it was from Sam's mind, it shows Sam knows/sees this in Jack. He trusts her as her commanding officer, and he trusts her as the woman he loves. He's been showing it for years.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                      I mean, we saw a fair bit of 'romance' with Sam and Pete...I certainly wouldn't want much more than that. That amount would be nice though (but we know it would be WAY better with S/J) but I doubt we'll get it.

I'd like that too. And I also doubt we'll get it.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I didn't mean to get everyone stirred up with my comments. I just needed reassurance and this is the only place I can get it. I'm such a child sometimes! For right now, I'm going to think positive thoughts for season 8 and trust in the extremely obvious signs of Sam and Jack's feelings for each other. (See! Me being positive!)
                        Tasha...don't even worry....if TPTB are not planning on getting the two of them together eventually it will become clear to us and then what do you think will happen?
                        Me personally, well I have an emotional investment in the show as well as an entertainment factor. I love the show because I am a fan of good Sci-Fi and I think they do a good job. I am emotionally invested because I began to care about these two characters and whether or not they should be together. Once I determined that YES they should, my investment was made.
                        So if TPTB decide to STOP all of of sudden and do a 180 on the S&J and go in a new direction, double . I will probably have to take a break and re-group. I will never say cancel the show or anything that drastic but I will have a sense that I *wish* I had never made the choice to emotionally invest myself.
                        I have walked away from many shows I have enjoyed for just that reason TPTB tried to drag it out for the $$$ and lost me as a viewer. As one person I am nothing to them, but it makes it easier next time to not get hooked on the next show.
                        I have stayed out of a lot of discussions because I usually try to stay on an even keel that *this is a TV show* and it shouldn't matter either way. But I finally realized it does to me, this was a show I have invested in emotionally. I have invested my time on many nights watching the Sci-Fi channel. My money purchasing DVDs and my time enjoying the interaction of other Fans. all firsts for me. So I think this time it will hit a bit closer to home if TPTB yank our chains one time to many.

Tame

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          I think another way to go around the regs is to have Sam and Jack stranded on a planet for 6 months...a la Paradise lost ....

Instead of Maybourne ,it's Sam and also the planet is no deadly , they would not get poisoned and they could eat anything they like ....It's PARADISE REGAIN.... instead .

Then surely if they were to be found, the military would not expect them to still be ...well...single and without love and cuddles for all that time.!!!!!..They are only humans...after all

How about that!!!!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva

Love it, Caty! PLEASE write for the show!

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by krazyscaper
                            I've thought about what kind of situation Jack and Sam would have to be put in for something to actually happen between them, for something to change (for example, Jack retiring). And I always come back to this idea, its kind of a variation on something that happened in the original film. You know when Sha're got killed in the film and Daniel picked up her body and went back to revive her? Well I'd love for Sam to actually die in some kind of battle against goa'uld forces in a goa'uld fortress and Jack to go all pyscho and angsty and pick her up and see if he could find a sarcophagus (or if he knew where one was- to go straight to it) and bring her back to life, therefore making him realize just how much he needs her and loves her, and also making him realize that he needs to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! anyway, thats just my little idea, hav'nt thought about it too much.......honest <bg>

krazy

Another great one! Though, with Sam being my fave character, that would be *very* hard to watch her die.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                              What worries me is a talk of future seasons sans RDA. Personally, I think that would certainly spell doom for the ship. (I won't even get into what it would do to the show. You can't remove a cornerstone without permanent damage to the structure itself.)
                              I don't think that the writers would limit Sam's character to having a background relationship with Jack, if this comes about. It wouldn't be sensible. I hope that this talk about RDAless future seasons is just that...talk.

I think it 'could' work that Sam's involved with Jack off screen. I think it would satisfy a lot of ppl too. Think of it; if Sam's involved with Jack off screen, the anti-shippers wouldn't have to suffer through Sam/Jack ship scenes. The show would revolve around missions and such, without going into Sam's personal life as much as they have/will with PS. The shippers will be happy, basically, because we'll KNOW Sam and Jack are together, whether we're seeing it or not. And I could imagine RDA coming back for a guest spot or two. If that happened, I'd imagine the writers would make sure that Jack had good scenes with 'all' his friends, not just his girlfriend. It is workable, but ONLY if the writers wanted to do it. If Amanda wants some focus on her personal life, she can have talks with Daniel, Teal'c, or Cassie about it. Hey, Cassie's a good personal life issue to deal with! It's all doable.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                I think it 'could' work that Sam's involved with Jack off screen. I think it would satisfy a lot of ppl too. Think of it; if Sam's involved with Jack off screen, the anti-shippers wouldn't have to suffer through Sam/Jack ship scenes. The show would revolve around missions and such, without going into Sam's personal life as much as they have/will with PS. The shippers will be happy, basically, because we'll KNOW Sam and Jack are together, whether we're seeing it or not. And I could imagine RDA coming back for a guest spot or two. If that happened, I'd imagine the writers would make sure that Jack had good scenes with 'all' his friends, not just his girlfriend. It is workable, but ONLY if the writers wanted to do it. If Amanda wants some focus on her personal life, she can have talks with Daniel, Teal'c, or Cassie about it. Hey, Cassie's a good personal life issue to deal with! It's all doable.

Sally
                                This is the best of all the worlds!!!!!!!!!

Tame

Comment

Working...
                                X