This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isis
    Hi everyone This is the fist time I have posted a message. I am one of those who enjoys reading your post and I would like to say how much it makes me feel better about jack and Sam ship.I have been feeling rather down after reading the spoilers for season 8 and finding out that Pete may be in more than one episode if any. Lets hope we see a resolution by the end of this next season, Sam must see that Jack is the only one for her. Anyone else pales in comparison.
    For information I am studying Egyptology at University in England as a mature student. A number of people on my course are SG1 fans, and are also Sam and Jack shippers. They will very disappointed if Sam and Jack do not end up together

Thank you
    Isis

Welcome Isis!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope TPTB hear all of us shippers and realize the same thing that Sam & Jack must be together in the end!!!!!
    Glad you posted
    Grab some of Ship Nan's cookies...they help A LOT when I am feeling down about what TPTB are doing to our favorite couple.

WOW you have some field of study!! Well I know who to ask when Daniel Jackson is making no sense to me this next season

Again welcome!!!!
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      I agree it's really not natural, If their feelings are as strong as they make them out to be then they'd have found a way to be together a long time ago. It's irksome that they keep playing us like this. Get them together and go back to tell Scifi Stories so we can enjoy Stargate adventures.
      BCM
      I gots to agree.....I feel like a tape recording lately...
      its TPTB that brought the romance into the storyline and now there are days when I feel like they are acting like they looking out over the fans and are going "What???" What are you talking about??"
      There is nothing wrong with throwing in a wrench now and then to keep the relationship interesting for entertainments sake, but as a backstory, like Teal'c's family or Daniel's, that way the Sci-Fi stories still could have kept to the forefront and the ship still could have progressed naturally and we wouldn't all be sitting here now feeling this great urge to rip large chunks of hair out!!
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

But healthy normal relationships aren't interesting

And the sad part is for a lot of kids TV is the educator and all they see are unhealthy relationships.
        Healthy, normal relationships may not be interesting (however I would like to know what one looks like), but they aren't written as the front story. As in "Hart to Hart", "MacMillian & Wife", and don't forget the "Thin Man" movies, the mystery was the focus and the love was just there. Maybe that only works for mystries and not SciFi.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          BCM
          I gots to agree.....I feel like a tape recording lately...
          You should just follow me around with a sing that says:
          "I agree with him -->"

and I'll follow Shipperahoy with a sing that says:
          "I agree with her -->"

~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

There is nothing wrong with throwing in a wrench now and then to keep the relationship interesting for entertainments sake, but as a backstory, like Teal'c's family or Daniel's, that way the Sci-Fi stories still could have kept to the forefront and the ship still could have progressed naturally and we wouldn't all be sitting here now feeling this great urge to rip large chunks of hair out!!

Oh that's what those BALD spots are!! I thought I had a thyroid condition!
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Token
              Healthy, normal relationships may not be interesting (however I would like to know what one looks like), but they aren't written as the front story.
              I can't tell if you got the fact that I was joking or not so let me just say: I was joking

As in "Hart to Hart", "MacMillian & Wife", and don't forget the "Thin Man" movies, the mystery was the focus and the love was just there. Maybe that only works for mystries and not SciFi.
              I've heard of those shows, but I don't think I've ever actually seen them So I really can't comment. However I would like to think that the they could have a normal healthy relationship as a backdrop to the action/adventure/drama on the show, and make it work, without having to create new tensions in the couple (ie breaking them up ).
              ~BCM =)

Comment

You should just follow me around with a sing that says:
                "I agree with him -->"

and I'll follow Shipperahoy with a sing that says:
                "I agree with her -->"

Comment

Mine's better
                  Attached Files
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Mine's better
                    well being as this is PG I won't put up the *other* sign I have
                    but it does involve kissing
                    which of course would be right with the topic of the day

I will just be a lady and defer that yes yours is better

Comment

Yes just what we need another Man Friend for Sam.Even if Sam does not get involved with him that's less time for Sam to be with Jack.I lost track but I think this is man number 1,422 that Jack must fight of before he gets to Sam.Let's bring back Joe Orlin Narim Martouf and McKay while were at it.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        Yes just what we need another Man Friend for Sam.Even if Sam does not get involved with him that's less time for Sam to be with Jack.I lost track but I think this is man number 1,422 that Jack must fight of before he gets to Sam.Let's bring back Joe Orlin Narim Martouf and McKay while were at it.
                        I know ses110 - that aspect of the I love Sam club *is* getting a bit tiresome to say the least .
                        Since jack has to fight his way through so much to even get to have a flippin conversation...well why not throw a few more things in the mix...make it fun dontcha think!...sheesh....feelin' a bit snarky about this today!

Comment

Spoilers for Season 7 "Heroes" and "Chimera"

I may be wrong on this but if TPTB think after Janet dying and almost losing Jack again that Sam would just go back to Pete they just do not know the Sam character.If Friends dying and Jack almost dying does not get Sam and Jack together I wonder what event does get them together.I'am glad that Jack has been so supportive of Sam but how much does Jack have to take before Sam gets a clue.Everyone's Patience has a limit and I cannot believe Jack's has not lost his.Jack must remember the old saying nice guys finnish last.

Comment

^^ Along the same vein, it wouldn't be like Sam to just throw someone over, either. Unfortunately for us 'shippers, tptb have established that Sam was still 'seeing someone' as late as "Resurrection." Even if we don't like the idea, it would make sense for Sam to think carefully before ending her new relationship.

I'm hoping that we will see her gradually work her way back to Jack. I hope he is still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                              ^^ Along the same vein, it wouldn't be like Sam to just throw someone over, either. Unfortunately for us 'shippers, tptb have established that Sam was still 'seeing someone' as late as "Resurrection." Even if we don't like the idea, it would make sense for Sam to think carefully before ending her new relationship.

I'm hoping that we will see her gradually work her way back to Jack. I hope he is still waiting.
                              I think everyone is Bucky....
                              This is why it has been so disconcerting to have her be so torn up about Jack and then find out that might be around as of yet.

TPTB don't always realize the damage they do to a character when they forget to take a step back and review * what has gone on before*

Comment

Oh, I don't know after all this time "knock her down and jump her bones gateroom sex" wouldn't be so bad, would it?
                                I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X