• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Then throw him to Ba'al.
    Speaking of Ba'al....
    spoiler space abyss
    I always wondered how Sam felt about talking Jack into taking a symbiote only to have it drag him into hell.
    Thinking about this has made me realize that Jack has ALWAYS shown by his actions that he has the upmost faith AND trust in Sam. In addition to doing anything she asks to keep him alive one more day. I am going to have to plan a marathon (darn I will HAVE to watch hours of Stargate ) and see JUST how often Jack does anything just based on what she has to say.
    Too often I read things about how Jack doesn't respect her professionally or he dismisses her theories and I have NEVER agreed with that. SO I will gather my research and get some examples.
    I have on occasion heard Jack poo pah (new word) her at first...but I have always interpretted that as *The military mindset* but once Jack has been able to fully assess a situation he has always come back to Sam if it is something that she has expertise in. He does this with Daniel too.
    Just thinkin in the thread I guess
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Yes I've always seen what Jack does as "the military mindset"... He doesn't need all the details just the facts. Once he has the facts he can make his decision and set the plan into motion, which is when he usually turns back to Sam or Daniel and says "make it so"... oh wait that's Picard... sorry wrong show.
      Last edited by bcmilco; 02 May 2004, 01:02 PM.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Hey All!!!

I see my kid posted last night ,isn't she sweet???
        It's sooo nice to be loved!!!
        Yes,I have been a good momma and taught her that Jack and Sam should be together and to hate "Pete"!!!
        I agree with y'all that "Pete" should go bye-byes and Sam MUST have brain damage to still be with him after TLC!!!
        I'm going with ship-daddy here and try to be positive about the spoilers for "Affinity".

I wonder if PDL knows how much DDL's character("Pete") is hated???

Comment

Spoiler space for Season 8 "Affinity" and vague mention of Season 8 "Covenant"

Originally posted by ses110
          I would love to hear Jack ask Sam if She loves Pete in Affinity.I hate to sound negative but I am really disappoint in all the earth based and SG-1 Personal life episodes in Season 8.
          I doubt Jack would ask her if she loves Pete. I'm not sure he wants to know. Denial seems to be their number one coping mechanism. I'd expect a question like that to be more likely to come from Teal'c or Daniel. I'd probably bet on Teal'c because he cuts right to the chase when he finally says something, although he might be a bit too busy with his own problems this episode.

I'm not real thrilled with the season 8 spoilers either. I don't care about Teal'c's earth girlfriend, Sam's old friend who wants to expose the project, or anything Pete that isn't the door hitting his rear on his way to obscurity.

It sounds like they're being just a thrown off balance by the budget issues this season as they were the late start last season. Can't they just gate to a planet that looks a lot like Canada? Or go back to places they've been so they can reuse sets? Is it really that much cheaper to film stuff set on earth? I'd think it had to do with indoors vs. outdoors since locations are more expensive than sound stages, but we've seen indoor gates and Tok'ra tunnels certainly aren't location shoots. My hope is that since the majority of spoilers are casting related, they're doing some of those things and just don't need to cast new people for returns to old places. We are only getting fairly small pieces of the bigger picture. It could be better than the snippets make it sound.
          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
            Yes I've always seen what Jack does as "the military mindset"... He doesn't need all the details just the facts. Once he has the facts he can make his decision and set the plan into motion, which is when he usually turns back to Sam or Daniel and says "make it so"... oh wait that's Picard... sorry wrong show.
            well now you have just gone and done it...my Two very Fave Sci-Fi guys in one paragraph..........Jack and Jean-Luc Picard.........
            I think I would die laughing if just once Jack said "For cryin' out loud, make it so"
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
              I'm not real thrilled with the season 8 spoilers either. (snipped) or anything Pete that isn't the door hitting his rear on his way to obscurity.
              ROFL..I love the way you wrote this...expressed my thought exactly

It sounds like they're being just a thrown off balance by the budget issues this season as they were the late start last season. Can't they just gate to a planet that looks a lot like Canada? Or go back to places they've been so they can reuse sets? Is it really that much cheaper to film stuff set on earth? I'd think it had to do with indoors vs. outdoors since locations are more expensive than sound stages, but we've seen indoor gates and Tok'ra tunnels certainly aren't location shoots. My hope is that since the majority of spoilers are casting related, they're doing some of those things and just don't need to cast new people for returns to old places. We are only getting fairly small pieces of the bigger picture. It could be better than the snippets make it sound.
              I have to agree. How can it be any cheaper to have to *create* something new vs re-using something. albeit I am sure there is some re-building having to take place if a set hasn't been used for 3 seasons....
              I really have to wonder just how much pressure they are under as well with RDA's shortened schedule. If I remember correctly they are filming two and three episodes that he will be in at the same time in order to accomodate the time they have with him. So not only is the budget being stretched by doing two or three at once but the actors themselves begin to lose the flow of any one episode and the crew well I am sure they have their hands full trying to get everything from point A to point B
              You know for all the reasons that have been aluded to above I think this is why I really don't want to have a Season 9... I think it would just be to hard on all involved to keep a quality show.

Comment

I doubt Jack would ask her if she loves Pete. I'm not sure he wants to know.
                Putting myself in Jack's shose, I would never be able to ask that question, it would just hurt too much.

Denial seems to be their number one coping mechanism. I'd expect a question like that to be more likely to come from Teal'c or Daniel. I'd probably bet on Teal'c because he cuts right to the chase when he finally says something, although he might be a bit too busy with his own problems this episode.
                I agree here.

I'm not real thrilled with the season 8 spoilers either. I don't care about Teal'c's earth girlfriend, Sam's old friend who wants to expose the project, or anything Pete that isn't the door hitting his rear on his way to obscurity.
                Yes, I've been a little disapointed with the spoilers thus far too.

Can't they just gate to a planet that looks a lot like Canada?
                I used to make fun of every place looking like Canada, now what I wouldn't give for those days back *sigh*

My hope is that since the majority of spoilers are casting related, they're doing some of those things and just don't need to cast new people for returns to old places. We are only getting fairly small pieces of the bigger picture. It could be better than the snippets make it sound.
                Yes, I've been hoping that the stuff we aren't hearing about is the stuff that involves Jacob, Bra'tac and the other pre-established characters... I hope, I hope, I hope.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I hope Sam and Jack will get stranded on a deserted planet in episode 9

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    I hope Sam and Jack will get stranded on a deserted planet in episode 9

Caty aka ShipDiva
                    Oh I like the way you think! That's the episode we'd all want to see.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      Oh I like the way you think! That's the episode we'd all want to see.
                      Mark my vote as one big YES!!
                      one of my favorite fics is about them being stuck on a planet for days and days and days and days........did I mention it was for days turned into years

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Mark my vote as one big YES!!
                        one of my favorite fics is about them being stuck on a planet for days and days and days and days........did I mention it was for days turned into years
                        Nice to see you soooo happy, Tame.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi Barbie,
                          How do you change your screen name?
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            Nice to see you soooo happy, Tame.
                            Thanks dipsofjazz
                            That thought of S&J being together with nuthin to do but *love* each other perked me right up!

Comment

Spoiler space for S8's Affinity

Okay, when Sam starts talking about the unfair bit, she's generalizing. She specifically asks if it's fair to get "somebody else" involved in the kinds of lives gate team members live. It's really deeper than Pete. She seems to be trying to figure out if any relationship will be able to fit into her life. Jack brings Pete into it by saying he's a cop and he'd understand. She basically ignores that argument and counters by bringing up the issue of children -- also in a generalized phrasing. It seems like her stressing is about lifestyle more than any individual relationship. She's doubting that she can have the kind of life/relationship she had been wanting post-Grace because of the danger and uncertainty inherent in her job.

It's also worth saying that Jack isn't seeing the problem. Pete's a cop and should understand. Other gate team members have families. He's not letting her use those excuses. It's also still the first half of the episode (ish), so I would guess we eventually get past the excuses to the underlying issues that started this whole contemplation -- whatever that is.

Does this help or just muddy the waters further?

Auralan,
                              I think you are on to something here.
                              Everyone, let's not get upset just yet. Remember Season 7? The first half was not much in the way of Ship, but AAAHHHHH the second half!! So Affinity is only the 8th episode so it is just on the downside of the first half of Season 8.

I'm betting my secret cookie recipe that the last half of season 8 is gonna be exactly what we want to see. So I am gonna give the 2nd half of season 8 a thumbs up because I know that TPTB won't let us loyal, steadfast, very patient shippers down.

We are a close knit shipper family. And family is always there for each other!

Special shipper cookies from Ship Nana to all new ship family member.
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

ROFL..I love the way you wrote this...expressed my thought exactly

I have to agree. How can it be any cheaper to have to *create* something new vs re-using something. albeit I am sure there is some re-building having to take place if a set hasn't been used for 3 seasons....
                                I really have to wonder just how much pressure they are under as well with RDA's shortened schedule. If I remember correctly they are filming two and three episodes that he will be in at the same time in order to accomodate the time they have with him. So not only is the budget being stretched by doing two or three at once but the actors themselves begin to lose the flow of any one episode and the crew well I am sure they have their hands full trying to get everything from point A to point B

I agree with you there but don't forget that one of the major costs in filming is the visual effects. Everytime they go offworld there usually is special effects involved. Just going thru the gate is a costly effect. I think by filming on world they are able to save ooodles of money because they don't have to have any CG work done.

You know for all the reasons that have been aluded to above I think this is why I really don't want to have a Season 9... I think it would just be to hard on all involved to keep a quality show.
                                As much as I would love the show to go on and on and on I think it is better to stop at season 8 and do movies that we can look forward to rather than do low budget and RDA weekly episodes.
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X