Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another thread on Beaming Tech (spoilers for any eps)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another thread on Beaming Tech (spoilers for any eps)

If the daedalus can beam people into atlantis when the shield is up, then why can't the odyssey beam nukes into hataks?

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

If you know the frequency of the shield you can bypass it. They know the frequency of the Atlantis shield, but they do not know the hatak's.

Comment

carter should have figured that out by now

Comment

Another factor could be the types of shields. I am sure that the atlantis shields are not the same type as the hatak shields. They could work on different principles, but perform the same function.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickster
          Another factor could be the types of shields. I am sure that the atlantis shields are not the same type as the hatak shields. They could work on different principles, but perform the same function.
          i doubt thats the reason in this case though, i mean we are talking about an ANCIENT sheild here. i cant see it being that crap that it can be beamed through, i agree with you first one, proably depends on wether you have the frequencys

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Its also possible that the ancient shields are that advanced they can let in who they want with out actually compramising the protection. If you think back to the pilot ep the PJ was able to pass right through the shield so they can probably do the same with beaming tech.

Comment

Have we ever seen them beam people to/from Atlantis while the shield is up? And if so, when - because I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                Have we ever seen them beam people to/from Atlantis while the shield is up? And if so, when - because I can't remember.
                If I remember correctly in the seige pt3 the shield was up when they beamed ford and the wraith in and when shep came down from the deady, but its been a while so I may be wrong.

Comment

yea i remember that too... the beamed ford to the dead and back to atlantis... its probebly because its ancient technology... and it can tell the difference between 1 human being beamed through and a nuke or something... they were smart if u havnt noticed
                  "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
                  "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
                  "I shot him. In the leg."
                  "I'm invulnerable."
                  "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
                  "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

Working...
                  X