This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should they get a ZPM in S10?

This is kind of related to the 2nd ZPM what should we do with it thread in the Science and Tech forum.

IMO If they get a ZPM in S10 i believe it should be strictly for the use of Earth and Stargate Command. It SHOULD NOT BE SHIPPED OFF TO ATLANTIS. That would just make the following seasons horrible.

Any thoughts?

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

where would you suggest them to find one? Go back in time and resteal Ra's ZPM? I don't think that would work a second time.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

What ever happened to the homemade ZPM O'niell made?
      It still worked after they went to the alternate universe thru the mirror to help defend that Earth so why not just make more of them?
      Or would this be too easy of a way to get power for Antartica, Atlantis, the various ships we've built, etc., etc.,etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Antimatter Sam
        What ever happened to the homemade ZPM O'niell made?
        It still worked after they went to the alternate universe thru the mirror to help defend that Earth so why not just make more of them?
        Or would this be too easy of a way to get power for Antartica, Atlantis, the various ships we've built, etc., etc.,etc..
        #1. Jack had the Ancient repository of Knowledge in his head
        #2. That power gen was almost depleted by dialing to the Asguard's Ida Galaxy
        #3. The power gen was depleted after the alternate universe thing
        #4. We don't know how Jack made it.
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
          where would you suggest them to find one? Go back in time and resteal Ra's ZPM? I don't think that would work a second time.
          They could do a hybrid episode of Ripple Effect and Mobieus. Go into alternate universe w/time jumper. Go back in time and steal Ra's ZPM.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
            They could do a hybrid episode of Ripple Effect and Mobieus. Go into alternate universe w/time jumper. Go back in time and steal Ra's ZPM.
            then they would have to refine the Moebius plan since they were stuck in Ra's time in Moebius.

Comment

Whatever happened to that booby trapped ZPM? They could fix that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                Whatever happened to that booby trapped ZPM? They could fix that one.
                I think they sent that back with Camulus.

Comment

no they didnt. They gave Camel ass the dead one.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                    no they didnt. They gave Camel ass the dead one.
                    lol Camel Ass.

Then the other one must be in Area 51 then.

Comment

I think there are probably thousands scattered throughout our two galaxies, and don't forget we found one in the pegasus galaxy in season 1 of Atlantis but they did'nt let us have it, and there was one powering the sanctuary in season 2 of Atlantis. There will be many out there.

And I also agree that earth should get the next one. Possibly to power the chair in antarctica, or maybe try to create and power a satalite like the Rand had, or power a ship to help defend earth and it's allies. Or to just establish a wormhole between earth and Atlantis for more than a second or so.

After Earth gets one I believe Atlantis should get the one after, and then Earth gets the one after, then Atlantis etc... (Once Atlantis has 3 it should'nt need anymore, as that should be able to power the city enough to let it fly)

Comment

does atlantis need a fourth zpm to power the control or do the other three do that, its just rodney tied the mark 2 generator directly into the chair so i am sure

Comment

there's prolly one where they look for the alterran weapon in camelot

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
                            I think there are probably thousands scattered throughout our two galaxies, and don't forget we found one in the pegasus galaxy in season 1 of Atlantis but they did'nt let us have it, and there was one powering the sanctuary in season 2 of Atlantis. There will be many out there.

And I also agree that earth should get the next one. Possibly to power the chair in antarctica, or maybe try to create and power a satalite like the Rand had, or power a ship to help defend earth and it's allies. Or to just establish a wormhole between earth and Atlantis for more than a second or so.

After Earth gets one I believe Atlantis should get the one after, and then Earth gets the one after, then Atlantis etc... (Once Atlantis has 3 it should'nt need anymore, as that should be able to power the city enough to let it fly)
                            thousands? definately not.
                            hundreds is already stretching it. Also the one they found in season 1 were part of the 5 gate addresses with known ZPM's. One of them was the brotherhood the other was the children.

Originally posted by ascott08
                            does atlantis need a fourth zpm to power the control or do the other three do that, its just rodney tied the mark 2 generator directly into the chair so i am sure
                            uh what?

Comment

I doubt SG-1 will get a fully (or nearly) charged ZPM any time soon because any ZPM would be hooked up to the earth gate to allow dialing to Pegasus, Sheppard said it himself in Intruder. This would ruin any isolation Atlantis has bringing the two shows into too much contact

But if SG-1 find an almost depleted ZPM and use it up saving the world then that'd just be a rip off of "Lost City"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X