Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uses for a second ZPM... (Spoilers for Season 9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uses for a second ZPM... (Spoilers for Season 9)

If we managed to get our hands on a second ZPM, where do you think it would be most useful, and where do you think it should go?

i have a few suggestions, feel free to add more :

Vote for your favouite Selection!

1. We use it as a 2nd Atlantis ZPM, boosting the sheilds, and other systems. Also maybe giving us more capabilities we don't know of yet (Flying the city?, submerging it?)

2. We use it in the SGC to boost the SGC's gate so that we can have two way travel. In doing this the Deadalus wont have to be a transport ship anymore and can be a permanent Atlantis defence ship. Also the two way travel allows cargo and reinforcements to be brought in instantly intead of on 18 day trips on the deady

3. We put it back in the Deadalus so that its sheilds are now extremly tough. I imagine with the ZPM boosting its sheilds it would beable to take on multiple Hive ships at once. Also it would only take 3 days to reach Atlantis to transport men and supplies

4. We put it on the Odesy and do exactly the same as with the Deady. Perhaps now the shields would be more capable of taking on the Ori and/or Ori satalites, not to mension having increased speed to reach planets within the Milky Way withing hours

5. We use it on the Acient Ship Orien. With this now we would beable to use all of its weapons and sheilds at max strength and have a warship more than capable of handling a few Hives. Also, if this was to happen, if the Wraith atacked Atlantis itself then we would have 2 sources of drone fire power instead of 1. That doubles the chances destroying them

6. We use it in the Ancient Ourpost Back on Earth to protect Earth from future threats (Lucian Allience, The Ori)

7. We use it as a building block in a brand new form Earth built of battleship. I.E. we build a new ship which is designed around the ZPM so that we have the best ship designed for it. (energy weapons that can run of ZPMs. Sheilds especially designed for ZPMs. Other systems designed around the ZPM itself)

8. Trade it with other races such as the Asgard. (We offer the asgard the ZPM - im sure they would like one to study, possibly reverse engineer one. in return we get new weapons, ships, technology etc)

9. Another Use (Please specify)

My Personal Choice would be either:

2. Use it in the SGC, i think being able to communicate both ways for reinforcements and cargo, and have the deady permanantly there is deffinatly ppealing

or

5. We put it on the Orien and have 2 vessels in Pegasus that are battle capable and permanantly there.

plus if Atlantis ever needed the ZPM for whatever, the Deady and Orien are close by to transfer it to atlantis

any thoughts?
    Last edited by RobJones; 12 February 2006, 01:26 PM.

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

I like 8.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

The last thing we should do is hand it over to the Asgard completely. Maybe we can use it in the SGC, and they can observe it on Earth. But as for just giving it to them...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
        The last thing we should do is hand it over to the Asgard completely. Maybe we can use it in the SGC, and they can observe it on Earth. But as for just giving it to them...
        Of course that would be the case. But in exchange for letting them study the ZPM we should get multiple energy weapons systems, better shields like the asgard capital ships have, and a better intergalactic hyperdrive that only takes like two hours to travel to atlantis from earth. We can also give them a drone to study and replicate. We finally have some leverage that can get us better weapons, shields, and hyperdrives. There's no way the asgard are going to turn down that offer.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          Of course that would be the case. But in exchange for letting them study the ZPM we should get multiple energy weapons systems, better shields like the asgard capital ships have, and a better intergalactic hyperdrive that only takes like two hours to travel to atlantis from earth. We can also give them a drone to study and replicate. We finally have some leverage that can get us better weapons, shields, and hyperdrives. There's no way the asgard are going to turn down that offer.
          actually when you put it like that it is actually quite promising that the asgard might want to trade in for all the goodies thay have.

i actually have another thing to add to the list:

9. We in the near future, disclose the stargate project to the world and the ZPM can go into providing a clean Power Source on Earth. I dont know how much power it produces but i no it produces A LOT. im sure a country or 2 would have no problems using it as a power source

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

There is the argument why we haven't already let them study the tech, it doesn't have to be in use all the time and they could study it on Atlantis as one would hope there scientific facilities surpass the Asgard anway. Plus the best tech to trade would be the Genetics manipulation machine as that would be their best hope of averting the genetic degridation they're suffering from, since it seems to beable to reproduce DNA from scratch. With that leverage alone we should beable to get an Asgard warship not just weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
              actually when you put it like that it is actually quite promising that the asgard might want to trade in for all the goodies thay have.

i actually have another thing to add to the list:

9. We in the near future, disclose the stargate project to the world and the ZPM can go into providing a clean Power Source on Earth. I dont know how much power it produces but i no it produces A LOT. im sure a country or 2 would have no problems using it as a power source
              There's also the problem with a ZPM's explosive capabilities.

I would say give it to atlantis because right now, there is so much strain on the ZPM they have.

For Example:

Say it takes X amount of power input to power a weapon. If you have two ZPM's 1/2 X will come from one ZPM and the other 1/2X will come from the other ZPM. With three ZPM's 1/3X from ZPM 1, 1/3X from ZPM 2, and 1/3X from ZPM 3. There will be less strain on the three of them if you add another into the system which means that less power will be taken from each individual ZPM resulting in a larger life span for the ZPM's.

Best Stargate quote:
              Green is your friend.

Comment

BTW, if theres a mod reading this over night (im going to bed now ) could they be so kind as to turn this thread into a poll? i dont no how to do it and it would be cool to see a tally of what people think

thanks again
                Rob

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Maybe they could use the ZPM to charge my iPod

Comment

Number 2 so they can instantly transfer people and and materials back and forth.

This wouldn't happen tho cos Atlantis is ment to be a separate series. Perhaps when they stop SG1 this could happen, that way the SGC and some of it's cast will carry on in a limited way on the Atlantis series.

Comment

Maybe somewhere in Season 3, the Atlantis expedition might get another ZPM. A good use for it would simply be to add it to the other one already in use. In addition to the shield, perhaps some fabrication facilities may also be activated. With the proper materials, the Daedalus' repair time could be significantly cut down.

Comment

I would use it for Atlantis.
                        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Personally i would use it in the ancient outpost, because with the ori threat and lucien alliance, we need to be able to defend ourselfs, but you can use it in the SGC, when it isn't needed

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by beale947
                            Personally i would use it in the ancient outpost, because with the ori threat and lucien alliance, we need to be able to defend ourselfs, but you can use it in the SGC, when it isn't needed
                            We can already power the weapons there tho by a mark 2 naquada generator.

Comment

When did we learn that?
                              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Working...
                              X