This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC Empire? # S9E16-Off The Grid Spoilers#

If I understand correctly Ba'als scheme in Off The Grid was to steal a bunch of stargates and program them to work outside of the gate system so he could have his own separate type of gate system and none of his enemies (Tauri, other Goa'uld, Jaffa nation) could track the addresses and have access to his gate system. Now if this is the case and the SGC can figure out how Ba'al was going to program the gates does anyone think that they should try to relocate the stargates that the odyssey beam off Ba'als ship in order to have there own group of secure gates that only the SGC gate can access. They could use it for maybe more off world sites and mining operation, etc. I can't just see them returning all of the gates to the Alliance and let them keep producing Casa unless they wanted to avoid the Alliance coming to Earth.

or we just put em in a big box with lots and lots of bubble wrap in the bottom of area 51 so that we have lots of nice replacment gates each time our 1 gets blown up

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
      or we just put em in a big box with lots and lots of bubble wrap in the bottom of area 51 so that we have lots of nice replacment gates each time our 1 gets blown up

That would be nice. I think we should return one gate to the alliance, have one in Area51. And use the rest for secure planets.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

why do anything for the allience? i think the idea of a secure network of gates would be a great idea, it saves on iris's at the very least, give earth yet another dominance over the gate network at best.
        i say dominance in that we have the most knowledge, the greatest database of worlds, and the most protected gate in the galaxy.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          why do anything for the allience? i think the idea of a secure network of gates would be a great idea, it saves on iris's at the very least, give earth yet another dominance over the gate network at best.
          i say dominance in that we have the most knowledge, the greatest database of worlds, and the most protected gate in the galaxy.
          The Alliance is missing a gate, even with our litle odyssey we can't destroy all of there goa'uld motherships and al'kesh. The had like at least 5-8 goa'uld motherships.
          Maybe if they get the gates they really need they will leave us allone until the Free Jaffa nation takes care of those *******s. It needs to be done.

Comment

you actually think 5-8 mothership could destroy earth? anubis tried, and failed, you think any goauld, jaffa or freeloader will try to attack earth again...ever?
            anubis was the most powerfull goauld in the history of galaxy, and we destroyed his largest, most powerful and most advanced fleet he could muster. the allience would not risk destroying their entire fleet on the basis of one stargate, that they could steal from another world and be done with it.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Yeah, i was thinking at the end of the episode what they are going to do with all the gates, 4 for sure need to go back to the To'kra. Sadly though it won't be till next season when we find out. Having 10-20 some gates in storage does open up some interesting story possiblities.
              Christopher H.
              Stargate Atlantis Fan
              WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

you actually think 5-8 mothership could destroy earth? anubis tried, and failed, you think any goauld, jaffa or freeloader will try to attack earth again...ever?
                anubis was the most powerfull goauld in the history of galaxy, and we destroyed his largest, most powerful and most advanced fleet he could muster. the allience would not risk destroying their entire fleet on the basis of one stargate, that they could steal from another world and be done with it.
                Yes, with the ancient weapon. So you think that the Alliance with all there motherships could not destroy the Odyssey? WTat's what I was talking about. Not earth, but our beloved Odyssey(sp?)

Comment

you think the odesey cant outrun any ship in the MW? the deadalus lasted with 12 motherships fireing on it, and they are more powerful than hataks...so why not out shield then out run 5-8 hataks?
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

you think the odesey cant outrun any ship in the MW? the deadalus lasted with 12 motherships fireing on it, and they are more powerful than hataks...so why not out shield then out run 5-8 hataks?
                    I'am just talking about an battle! The Odyssey against 5-8 Ha'taks! Not the Odyssey running away! And we don't know if Hive ships are more powerful then Ha'taks. Can you tell me where that has been stated in the series?

Comment

We're going to put the gates back where they belong.

Because we're the good guys and it's what we do.

Now, we can be nice and install irises on some of the more friendly gates, but I bet it'd be tricky to program the DHDs to interface properly with the iris system.

Comment

I know we're the good guys, but if we keep the gate, we can do all kinds of cool stuff and shut down the drug opperations on all those planets.
                        I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
                          I know we're the good guys, but if we keep the gate, we can do all kinds of cool stuff and shut down the drug opperations on all those planets.
                          Not to mention leave the people of those planets stranded. On the other hand it'll leave them protected from the Ori, but still... there's a rather large trade economy in the galaxy that's cropped up and the gate network is integral to it.

Comment

if u watch 8x01 you'll here the goauld mention that the fleet anubis used to attack earth with was small compared to the rest of his forces that he was using to keep the system lords at bay

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
                              if u watch 8x01 you'll here the goauld mention that the fleet anubis used to attack earth with was small compared to the rest of his forces that he was using to keep the system lords at bay
                              Indeed, they even used the word "nothing" compared to what he had overall.

Comment

Working...
                              X