X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ori stargates?

i have a question/theory.

since the gates in pegasus, and the gates inearth are so differint . could the ori have built the gates in our galaxy, my evidence for this is that when orlin returned he said that the reason the ori and ancients split-up was because one side the ancients believed in science and the ori believed more in religion,

here is my example of this.

in our galaxy the gates look older, worn down and less scientific, possibly to look more like magic/proof of god when they are activated. whereas in pegasus, the gates look clearly newer, sharper, and more scientific, like a lot more effort was put into making them as efficeint as possibly, hence the speed of dialing and the way they placed some gates out in space, so far in the ten years that the show has been on the air, i have not seen one "EARTH CLASS" gate floating in space, they are all either on the suface of a planet or inside of a ship.

i doubt it, mainly because we were told that the ori chose the path of religion, not sience like the alterans

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

The gates in the Milky Way are older than the ones in Pegasus.
      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

I wonder if we will ever see even older or even newer gates in future series, would be good to see the first gate in a future ep.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Indeed, the Gates in the Milky Way are much older than the ones in Pegasas. And it was stated in the beginning of season 9 that the Ori were not aware of this galaxy until Daniel and Vala made contact with them.

Comment

your right i had forgotten about that,

but one thing still bothers me, if the ori aren't into science then how did they build the hypergate?

could they have simply found the plans to build it from another ancient city like the one in "THE TOWER"

by the way if you check my thread wraith kisses i posted a theory about the acient cities yesterday.

Comment

I think out network is the oldest actually, they even have our own 'gates in other galaxies.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The Ori are ascended so can learn anything 'apparently' - u know, that 'acsended knowlege' stuff. + What I want to know is....

Are there Stargates, or Astra Porta (Avalon) in the Ori galaxy already as they'd need one for the Priors to come through to our galaxy....if so, have we seen them (dont think so) or will we ever! Will they be the same or different?
                Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Maybe Cheveron 9 will link you to the Ori Galaxy?
                  ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Originally posted by acended phoenix
                    but one thing still bothers me, if the ori aren't into science then how did they build the hypergate?
                    Its not that they are not into science is just that they dont see it as anything worthy of going into. This can be especially true for them now as they are ascended beings. And don't forget, they and the Alterrans were once the same race so they would share many of the initial technologies they had developed. They built the supergate thanks to the ascended knowledge they possess though its possible that that knowledge does not include ZPMs.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Eh... pretty much everything I'm about to type is spoiler rich. You guys know what to do.

The Ori have Stargates, they have to.

Remember that in "Avalon" Daniel was translation some of the Ancient writings in the burial mound in England. Basically he said that the Alterrans left their home galaxy and came here, where they built many "Astria Porta."

Now what do you think an "Astria Porta" is?

Given this, and the fact that the Priors are travelling to our galaxy via the Stargates, it stands to reason that the Ancients invented them in their home galaxy at a time before the split with the Ori. The second piece of evidence that makes me believe the Ori have Stargates comes from episode 903 "Origin." In the very first frames of that episode the first Prior Daniel and Vala encounter brings Vala back to life. He then takes Daniel and Vala away.

Cut to a new location and suddenly you see rings drop down and our heroes plus the Prior emerge from the matter stream. The Ori have Transport Rings.

Given these three pieces of information, the Ori have got to have their own Stargates, possibly tens of millions of years olden than even the Beta Gate (which Sam said was roughly 50 million years old).

As for what they'll look like? Well, the rings look roughly similar to the Stargates, so I imagine the Ori Gates will looking something like.

Comment

i just realised that the ori gates/rings look similar to the gate on tollana, you know the one that they built themselves, and thats another thing, if the ancients were soooooo, smart then why didn't they build a failsafe into the doors of their own city, i know this is a bit off topic but i have to know, my evidence is the scene in "THE LONG GOODBYE" when weir activates the lockdown and teyla almost loses her head becasue she is lying in the doors path, i mean come-on even in the elevator at the mall the door stops before crushing your head.

Comment

i believe that if the first gate built by the ancients is shown first off they should also show us the last gate ever built by the ancients at least in the next movie, and secondly, the first gate ever built would have to be the gate from the movie since in the series they use a different moddle, they should recreate it and use the original design again.

Comment

I hope the Ori Stargates are pure white like there rings.

Comment

this is in reference to the gates in space in Pegasus. I think the Wraith put them in space in order to prevent their human herds from communicating and making weapons able to defeat them. They also could have done it to prevent an advanced race from escaping through the gate durring a culling.

Comment

Working...
                              X