Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the new guns they were using on Baal's ship?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of the new guns they were using on Baal's ship?

I think they are asum. They look and sound so much cooler then the P-90. I hope we see them again.
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Mitchell was using the G36, and I think everyone else was using the MP7.

Yeah, they looked cool.
    http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
    If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
    **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

Was there an explination, why the stopped using the P90? But yeah, they looked cool.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
        Was there an explination, why the stopped using the P90? But yeah, they looked cool.
        I don't think they'll stop using the P-90s, but I think they chose those weapons because it was more of an assault.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
          I don't think they'll stop using the P-90s, but I think they chose those weapons because it was more of an assault.
          I agree.

The P90 is their standard, in the field close-quarters support rifle. They weren't on a standard mission, however. They knew the possibility of having to fight off a lot of heavily armored Jaffa in very tight quarters was a real possibility, so they needed a hell of a lot more firepower.

It isn't the first time they've dropped using the P90 for an episode.

Comment

To be honest, I didn't like them too much. I hope they'll stick with the P90's.

Comment

MP7's are PDW's. there for protection in deffensive situations, however there small size i suppose was well suited for CQB so i cant complain. was abit baffled my the G36 though. nice choice just seemed odd that cameron had that. tealc always has to go one step further though lol with 1 in each hand

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

I hope they use them more. That scene on the Ha'tak was really great. Well done

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

I like Cameron's G36, but the MP 7 is way too small (puny, almost). It seems that it would miss most of its shots at any mid-long range shot.
                  Sir, Request permission to beat the... out of this man"

Comment

Originally posted by aacid
                    I like Cameron's G36, but the MP 7 is way too small (puny, almost). It seems that it would miss most of its shots at any mid-long range shot.
                    The MP-7s have an effective range of 200 meters. While it's true that they probably wouldn't be too good in a long-range battle, they were perfect for the battle on the ship for their power and size. I think that having smaller guns means more versatility and it was awsome when Teal'c pulled out the dualies.

The P90, the backbone of the Tuari.

Spoiler:
                    I hate you...

Comment

Originally posted by Brainsforsale
                      The MP-7s have an effective range of 200 meters. While it's true that they probably wouldn't be too good in a long-range battle, they were perfect for the battle on the ship for their power and size. I think that having smaller guns means more versatility and it was awsome when Teal'c pulled out the dualies.
                      Even I have to admit that the sight of Teal'c dual wielding was cool.
                      Sir, Request permission to beat the... out of this man"

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                        I hope they use them more. That scene on the Ha'tak was really great. Well done
                        It was fun to watch.

Comment

They looked like stupid little toy guns. Remember in "The Warrior" when O'Neill was explaining how the staff was a weapon of terror and the P90 was a weapon of war? Well the MP7's are weapons of coolness, P90's are weapons of war. Yeah it looks cool to have this little gun that you can hold one-handed and all, but to me the P90 seems more effective. At the very least the magazine size in a P90 is bigger.

Comment

The MP7 is superior to the P90, atleast on paper. AFAIK there've been no evaluation of the two.

Comment

I think the C36 is better then the P90 is reality because the P90 is a PDW and the C36 is (as far as I know) accually used on the front lines.
                              I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Working...
                              X