Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Earth could build ZPMs and ancient weapons?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Earth could build ZPMs and ancient weapons?

Having ZPMs power Earth's battleships and ancient weapons would be a huge step up from what the ships have now.

it would also end the show because we wouldn't have anything to fight anymore
    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
      lol

Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
        No, not against the Ori. And the ancient did that, but still the Wraith managed to get them to leave that galaxy.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

I think that it would be rare to find such things and understanding them as well as replicating the technology would take many many years. Also i think that ZPMs would be rare since they are like the nuclear power plants of the space age and the naquada reactors being the standard generators known (nuke reactors being batteries ) so would be even rarer to find and produce.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

If this were true, we'd need to have ramped up about 200 years of technology or so. Our ideas of quantum physics seem to be way behind the required ability to fabricate this technology. Also, There would be a huge change in the show's dynamics because we would be able to easily defend earth and supply Atlantis, so the first responsibility of both teams, protection of home base through alien technology, would be negated.
            Sir, Request permission to beat the... out of this man"

Comment

Originally posted by Deathshot
              Having ZPMs power Earth's battleships and ancient weapons would be a huge step up from what the ships have now.
              I agree it would be good and even tho we may not fully understand them yet we may find something on Atlantis that can do the job by automation etc.

I realise some think it would be too easy and we would beat every one but we're supposed to believe the ancients had all this, knew exactly how it worked and how to make more and they still lost. Plus we have the Ori to contend with now as well and they would most-likely surpass any thing we find on Atlantis any way so even with all that tech we would still be the underdogs. Plus it may be interesting to see ancient tech against ancient tech.

Comment

It could completley change the dynamic of the show. Bu who says change isn't good. Maybe a season where we aren't the underdogs?

The P90, the backbone of the Tuari.

Spoiler:
                I hate you...

Comment

u won't find many that work. if u went on a finding mission.
                  currently, i'm the only know working zpm.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                  pps = power per second
                  The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                  xfire = zpm
                  [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                  http://m2kclan.com
                  vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                  port: 3785
                  P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                  halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                  Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

I agree basically with BlackBaron. ZPMs and ancient weapons aren't going to do jack against the big threats like the Wraith or the Ori. I think fighting these enemies, especially the Ori, will be a case of what O'Neill said in "Shades of Grey": "We don't need their stuff Maypeace. We do need them." It's not going to be fancy tech that saves on from the Ori, but help from our allies. Asgard, Jaffa, perhaps even the Ancients if they come down off their high-"we're not going to interfere"-horse.

Comment

I agree it wont do much good which is why giving us a few fancy toys to play with would be nice for a while rather than blowing it up every time we find something cause that gets way too old.
                      It would also be good to prove the plausability of how the ancients actually lost the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathshot View Post
                        kk
                        Dont get goin all full of your self cheif.(sheppard)

ZPMs are good but you could only have earth ships powered is by super naquadah generators cos its an earth thing.
                        You dont just do it cos it workes especially when they are so dependant on fresh Zpms in atlantis after they keep draining them they are on like there fifth ZPM any way.

ADF
                        sigpic
                        i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

if we did mangage to biuld zpms and ancient weapons we would indeed become the fifth race and i think the some ascended ancients would be a bit proud of us of how far we have come since we are the second evolution of them.
                          sigpic

Comment

but to under stand everything we would need the help of an Ancient, and the only ones we seem to run into ether wont Atlantis back or think we have stolen there city so we carnt win!!
                            This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                            Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                            we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                              if we did mangage to biuld zpms and ancient weapons we would indeed become the fifth race and i think the some ascended ancients would be a bit proud of us of how far we have come since we are the second evolution of them.
                              I think the matter about being the 'Fifth Race' has more to do with a races maturity then technological capabilities. Anyway I think it would suck if Earth could build Ancient tech when Earth couldnt replicate or reverse engineer Tollan ion cannon technology which was so far ahead of Earth science that it was impossible to build. But anyway......

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X