This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Oddessey did its job!

I know most of you have seen "Off the Grid" and if you havent you are only minutes away or going to be seeing it tomorrow... Now with the big debate going on this forum about the Daedalus as a warship vs the Wraith now that we have seen another Daedalus class warship in action vs Hataks although a brief fight and the Oddessey was only 90% ready for battle I have to say the Daedalus class ships are doing what they where ment to do which is battle the Goauld Ships! PLEASE SPIT YOUR THOUGHTS ... and dont say this could have stayed on the Daedalus post... this is completely different.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Originally posted by tony
    I know most of you have seen "Off the Grid" and if you havent you are only minutes away or going to be seeing it tomorrow... Now with the big debate going on this forum about the Daedalus as a warship vs the Wraith now that we have seen another Daedalus class warship in action vs Hataks although a brief fight and the Oddessey was only 90% ready for battle I have to say the Daedalus class ships are doing what they where ment to do which is battle the Goauld Ships! PLEASE SPIT YOUR THOUGHTS ... and dont say this could have stayed on the Daedalus post... this is completely different.
    the ships are effective. the good news is that it put some target practice to work. i me, some say that the railguns suck, i say "if it's not a fair fight, then u want them. just think if it came down to a wraith fleet coming to earth, wouldn't u want platforms that can track and fire at mutiple tragets. even though it's not a big punch like a federation phaser. it's more effective on smaller targets. and besides a big punch isn't always what when u want when u want to disable a target.

i would put the daedalus up against 1000 darts. i'm sure that the darts would take the shields almost down but the daedalus would take them all out. if they don't run away without there hive to back them.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
    pps = power per second
    The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
    xfire = zpm
    [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
    http://m2kclan.com
    vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
    port: 3785
    P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
    halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
    Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

I completely missed the whole Odyssey scene because someone called and decided it would be a good time to talk for 15 minutes but from what I have heard, it held up pretty well. The way I see the Daedalus is being a multipurpose craft, it's as much as a transport as it is a warship. My heart still goes to the prometheus though.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

shields started to fail after 2 hits. worthless.

looks the same as the daedy btw

Comment

yea it didnt seem to have very good shields.....a problem with all of our ships it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2

looks the same as the daedy btw
            Well at first time watching it I thought during the time it was being told what shields strength was 11. However the second time watching it I was paying more attention noticed that shields were not at 11% they were down 11% so believe it the shield strength was 89%. Considering 3 hataks attacking it is not that bad.
            http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

They should get some of those Ori satellite shields, those seemed pretty reliable.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

What I think they need to do is get the Tok'ra to help them build weapons systems, and have the Asgard focus on defences. The Asgard are master's of defence tech, and the Tok'ra would be able to experiment as much as they wanted. They seem to think that is the only thing we are good for anyway.
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

i think missiles pack less of a punch than a hatak plasma dealy. Also I may have misunderstood this, but the three hataks took our shields down %11. Then the Odyessey started shooting a couple rounds at 2 hataks. They mainly focused on the one to the left. They said they only did minimal damage. Well, if they did damage I take that to mean they got through the shields. If this is true than the Daedelus class is better than Hataks. Like I said maybe I misunderstood.

Comment

Perhaps the shield technology was acceptable, however the weapons systems sucked once more. The Oddessey only fired rail guns and never fired their missiles. I know that from Siege Part II, that the rail guns are the close in armament -- to shoot down things like darts, death gliders, etc. I would have liked the O to fire some missiles or whatever is its primary weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                      Yeah, I agree, the writers have completely f***ed up on the writing. In Lost City, the Prometheus was taking a smack down from Anubis's 30+ fleet of ships and it held up pretty well. The Oddysee was hit by one Ha'tak in two seconds and the shield were down 11%. WTF, if the Ori or a decent Gou'ald armada decide to attack Earth, we're screwed

Comment

i thought there were three hatak shooting at the O. I thought we did damage to their ships and they did none to ours.

Comment

Originally posted by marlowe54
                          Perhaps the shield technology was acceptable, however the weapons systems sucked once more. The Oddessey only fired rail guns and never fired their missiles. I know that from Siege Part II, that the rail guns are the close in armament -- to shoot down things like darts, death gliders, etc. I would have liked the O to fire some missiles or whatever is its primary weapon.
                          When we saw the Daedalus/Odyssey firing their railguns on other ships, I only recall seeing 3 streams of fire. Daedalus has at least 13 railguns on it, so I'm thinking that 3 of those are heavier ship-to-ship turrets, and the other 10 are lighter anti-fighter CIWS, similar to the ones seen in The Seige II in Atlantis.

From the sounds of things, the Odyssey was hit twice and lost 11% of it's shields, while the Lucian Alliance Hatak had taken "minimal damage". Sounds like a fairly even fight, had it been 1 on 1. If the Odyssey started launching nukes, I think they'd probably win in the end.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Here's a quick thought. In The Siege on Atlantis they had a number of those rail guns. They weren't that big and each mag had like a thousand rounds. Shouldn't the Odyessy have more emplacements if they are that big. Plus shouldn't they have shot a lot longer than they did. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by marlowe54
                              no need to waste ordiance on some pisky alliance ships.
                              besides there mark-8 tactical nukes, they didn't want to destroy the ships, just take there fire off of ba'al's ship so that sg1 would get 15 more secs of time.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                              pps = power per second
                              The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                              xfire = zpm
                              [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                              http://m2kclan.com
                              vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                              port: 3785
                              P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                              halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                              Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Working...
                              X