PDA

View Full Version : How to put Ra in S10

Fun_Size
February 10th, 2006, 03:50 PM
At the end of the Stargate film, when O Neill blows up Ra's ship Ra starts to turn white almost like hes ascending the TPTB could easily write it that hes now an Ori or Ancient and do some much needed stories on Daniels ascended time

rarocks24
February 10th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Yo, what's up...Ra seriously like, needs to come back. Though I doubt Jaye would return seeing as he doesn't like the screen all that much...they'd have to find someone new as well as he's probably aged since 1996/7.

veX
February 10th, 2006, 03:59 PM
hmm I thought he turned into "what he really looks like"... some alien creature...but they changed the Goa'uld into little parasites, so why not let Ra ascend

Fun_Size
February 10th, 2006, 04:03 PM
hmm I thought he turned into "what he really looks like"... some alien creature...but they changed the Goa'uld into little parasites, so why not let Ra ascend

Yeah Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich say on the DVD commentary say thats his true form but a lot of things in the film were ignored for the series.

Peoples_General
February 10th, 2006, 08:51 PM
The series is cannon, but the film is not.

HirogenGater
February 11th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I would like to see Ra but only if SG-1 went back in time. Ra is dead, let's leave him that way.

The Engineer
February 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM
How to put Ra in S10
WE DON'T.

Cherriey
February 11th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I honestly don't think he can... ascend that is. Anubis only ascended by tricking Oma into helping him. You'd think that once Daniel got the cat out of the bag on that any Others who had made the same mistake in the past would have come out. Besides I seriously doubt that in that split second when the ship was blowing up and Ra realized his own mortality that he suddenly turned good and found a way to ascend.

AcidSquid
February 12th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Because Ra is dead, How could he have ascended.

NakedJehutyV2
February 12th, 2006, 03:40 PM
they could prolly say that ra was the next stage of evo for goauld

AcidSquid
February 12th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Maybe.

The Signal
February 12th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Keep Ra away !!! :P he was good but only in the movie, lets keep him there:D Oh and the white light, ya know that might have something to do with his ship blowing up!

creed462
February 13th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I hope not no more enemies coming back please.

Uber
February 13th, 2006, 04:51 PM
At the end of the Stargate film, when O Neill blows up Ra's ship Ra starts to turn white almost like hes ascending the TPTB could easily write it that hes now an Ori or Ancient and do some much needed stories on Daniels ascended timeI'm fairly certain he was glowing due to being exposed to massive amounts of radiation seconds before exploding.

dmayor09
February 13th, 2006, 10:28 PM
yeah, if you've ever seen a real nuclear explosion on film, you'll notice that everything turns white for a few seconds before you hear the explosion.

anyhow, Ra is dead...good riddance

but on a note...in starwars...qui gon was dead and found a way to come back from the grave to be a spirit....so who knows.....although ra isn't coming back

The Engineer
February 14th, 2006, 05:52 AM
but on a note...in starwars...qui gon was dead and found a way to come back from the grave to be a spirit....so who knows.....although ra isn't coming back
in Star Wars;)

BlackBaron
February 14th, 2006, 07:08 AM
I would like Ra to come back. As a Ori prior or something to do with the Ori. Leading there fleet or something. It would be cool.

Commander Ivanova
February 14th, 2006, 08:07 AM
No more resurrecting of dead characters, for cryin' out loud. Smacks of desperation, or at least lack of imagination, to me.

gatewonderer114
February 15th, 2006, 08:35 PM
yeah, if you've ever seen a real nuclear explosion on film, you'll notice that everything turns white for a few seconds before you hear the explosion.

anyhow, Ra is dead...good riddance

I was going to say that, but you won.

XxDark-LordxX
February 15th, 2006, 09:15 PM
the the gua'uld need to gain some power again... altough im sure ba'al will do that soon in season 9

Darkstar
February 17th, 2006, 02:10 PM
AHHH......Ra .......where!!??

ok an act of mere desperation to say the least, let him be dead, the film isn't cannon to the series, its a shame but the series has come so far i love the show, the movie is great but left too much unanswered in terms of why he was the last of his kind when its a possibility he may have been an offshoot of the Goa'uld in the series.

damn its a crazy universe........if a nuclear bomb went off every time a bad guy came home......we'd all be glowing blue!!!

Cherriey
February 19th, 2006, 08:43 PM
It's true that death doesn't mean much, but you can only bring back a character so many times (Apophis for instance) before it just becomes tired and longing for death. Let these sad things rest in peace.

markaudette
February 19th, 2006, 10:28 PM
There's got to another Ra in one of the other alternate universes introduced in "Ripple Effect."

Cherriey
February 20th, 2006, 07:25 AM
You want to dig up the first enemy we ever faced... from an alternate universe? It wouldn't be the same.

the fifth man
February 21st, 2006, 08:42 PM
Believe me, I loved Ra. I loved Apophis. But I think they are finally done for. Season 10 will deal more heavily with the Ori threat, and I think the Lucian Alliance. I think we'll still see Goa'uld, like Ba'al for instance, but not Ra.

AscendedWarrior
February 22nd, 2006, 09:13 AM
Did anyone notice that in the movie Ra looked like an Asgard when he died? Maybe thats why he was the most powerfull. And he could have been the last and only spawned appophis and the rest after he found humans.

Cherriey
February 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
Did anyone notice that in the movie Ra looked like an Asgard when he died? Maybe thats why he was the most powerfull. And he could have been the last and only spawned appophis and the rest after he found humans.
Maybe he wasn't really a Gua'uld at all but an evil Asgard wizened with age and seeking a way to escape the constant cloning of his old body. =0)

rarocks24
February 23rd, 2006, 11:10 AM
Maybe he wasn't really a Gua'uld at all but an evil Asgard wizened with age and seeking a way to escape the constant cloning of his old body. =0)
The legends did say that he came from a dying race, and the Asgard did admit to be a dying race. :)

Maybe Ra was a goauld who possessed an Asgard and found humans shortly after, then cloned the original kid he kidnapped and took over it.

timdalton007
February 23rd, 2006, 12:20 PM
Oaky here's a truely nutty idea. Why not remake the original film? Bring back RDA and Shanks and have them reprise theri roles from the series along with Jay Acovone, Brent Stait, Elizabeth Hoffman and anyone else I might have forgoten. Use ake-up effects to make them look younger and just re-make the movie and fix the continuity problems between the movie and the show that way? It's nutty, stupid, and possibly blaphsmy but I couldn't resist being serious enough to suggest it.

timdalton007

Cherriey
February 23rd, 2006, 01:32 PM
^ *eyes pop out of head* That has got to be the biggest signature that I've ever seen!

Yes... a lot of cloning and... stuff. We'd really have to do some impressive juggling to get that to make sense! lol =0)

Ragnarok13
February 23rd, 2006, 01:40 PM
THEYVE ALREADY used the acension loophole far to much (i.e. the entire population of abydos!!)

LtColCarter
February 24th, 2006, 10:26 AM
I would like to see Ra but only if SG-1 went back in time. Ra is dead, let's leave him that way.

Amen Mista Sista!

Walkman82
February 25th, 2006, 10:19 PM
At the end of the Stargate film, when O Neill blows up Ra's ship Ra starts to turn white almost like hes ascending the TPTB could easily write it that hes now an Ori or Ancient and do some much needed stories on Daniels ascended time

ra is dead.....how world anyone (Ori or Ancient) breing him back after being Blow up on that ship by O Neill

Cherriey
February 26th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Alright. Show of posts. Who wants Ra to come back?

Fun_Size
February 27th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Alright. Show of posts. Who wants Ra to come back?

I want him back, he was amazing and his story has to be interestig

Cherriey
February 27th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Ok. That's one. =0)

The Engineer
February 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Although I am against anachronic things like this one I thought for a while. No time travel, no miraculous ascension. What could really work is a story told by someone that knew Ra and through this story we could learn the source of evil, how people become evil, what are the symptoms and in the road thus learning how the Ori became evil or see how they could have became evil. Prototype is a good example of how a story about a fromer arc could help the new arc. This is Stargate - tha battle between evil and those not evil or not so evil.

dd78matt
February 28th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I honestly don't think he can... ascend that is. Anubis only ascended by tricking Oma into helping him. You'd think that once Daniel got the cat out of the bag on that any Others who had made the same mistake in the past would have come out. Besides I seriously doubt that in that split second when the ship was blowing up and Ra realized his own mortality that he suddenly turned good and found a way to ascend.

It was never said that one had to be a good guy to ascend, look at the Ori. Ra was the most powerful System Lord since he landed in Egypt, who knows what research he had going on that no one knew about.

markaudette
March 1st, 2006, 07:00 AM
There's got to be 10 or 20 more Ra's in those alternate timelines the black SG team pulled out of their butts.

It doesn't deal with a Ra in an ascended state, but...

Alareth
March 1st, 2006, 07:29 AM
Ra has been dead for over a decade. Let's just leave him that way.

BlackBaron
March 1st, 2006, 07:38 AM
Oaky here's a truely nutty idea. Why not remake the original film? Bring back RDA and Shanks and have them reprise theri roles from the series along with Jay Acovone, Brent Stait, Elizabeth Hoffman and anyone else I might have forgoten. Use ake-up effects to make them look younger and just re-make the movie and fix the continuity problems between the movie and the show that way? It's nutty, stupid, and possibly blaphsmy but I couldn't resist being serious enough to suggest it.

timdalton007

That's a great idea. And yes, I would like to see Ra again.

Andrew Joshua Talon
March 1st, 2006, 11:17 AM
And why not remake every episode of Star Trek, like a "reimagining?"

For crying out loud...

Commander Ivanova
March 1st, 2006, 12:03 PM
For cryin' out loud, Ra is dead and gone and woohoo about time too. Let sleepin' Goa'uld lie 'n' all that.

Arga
October 18th, 2006, 03:15 PM

timdalton007

:jack_new_anime05: It's the first time I've seen this written down! I've done it already in my head while I was watching again the movie last week!

I understand this topic is an intellectual exercise of how we could possibly put Ra back into the show... not an actual wish for it to happen?
Because I think it's safe to say that Ra is definitely completely utterly dead.
Unless he has a twin brother "Ray"... (like Kawalsky would say)...

Hey, a little reminder of that death scene :

(spoiler because I don't want to slow down your internet with all the images...)

Ra cowardly prepares to leave

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap203.jpg

"I've got an idea!!"

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap139.jpg

Let's ring the bomb up to Ra

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap142.jpg

What's the Ne'tu is that???

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap204.jpg

Damn...

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap145.jpg
http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap148.jpg
http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap157.jpg

(what kind of face is that?)

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap160.jpg
http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap167.jpg

oops!

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap172.jpg

That must hurt

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap175.jpg
http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap176.jpg
http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap183.jpg
http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap187.jpg

Look!

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap199.jpg
http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap202.jpg

No more Ra..

http://ednys.free.fr/fig/bscap201.jpg

Daniel Jackson
October 18th, 2006, 07:04 PM
The movie ended with Ra's true body showing through the Human body, then the nuke went off, and we saw Ra disintegrate in slow motion.

RA IS DEAD

If you want to see Ra on SG-1, check out "Moebius, Part 1." It was only a cameo, but it was a bit creepy. I loved how Jack wanted to kill Ra so he wouldn't have to do it in 10,000 years. LOL

Mitchell82
October 18th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I'm too tired to read all the posts (overworked and underpayed:mckay: ). Ra was a great enemy and I loved seeing him in Mobeius. Would have been n ice if Jay reprised the role but whoever did it did it well. I think the goa'uld storline is pretty much toast and I'd rather not reevive a dead goa'uld. And yeah they changed alot from the movie to the show and I'm glad they did. I loved the movie as that is why I started watching SG-1, but I like the direction the show went in though I will probably see Stargate 2 to see where Dean wanted to go. Oh and if we were to resurect anybody I want it to be Jacob if just for the finale.

Freekzilla
October 19th, 2006, 01:30 AM
the the gua'uld need to gain some power again... altough im sure ba'al will do that soon in season 9

Who Mr. Bocce-ball? He he he he he. Oh wow, you haven't seen season 9 yet? Well, all I can say is that it takes a lot of Baals to be that evil, and to do the things he does in season 9 and 10. Te he he he.

Baal is my favorite Goa'uld. Cliff Simon REALLY plays the part well. He makes it hard not to both love and hate him.

But yeah, I'd like to see the Goa'uld make a come back. I don't want them to come back into power, but instead to engage in guerrila warfare, that sort of thing. You know, an SG team goes to a planet and a snake is waiting, tries to capture them, but ends up only wounding them or something. You know, have a Goa'uld agent lurking in the background plotting revenge for just the right moment when everyone else is most vulnerable. It would end up being a chess game, which would be fun and interresting for a while. :)

wise one
October 19th, 2006, 06:09 AM
if this is mentioned than im sorry

well he couls always come through into a alternate universe like the quatum mirror but somehow on a larger scale but not just him his entire fleet that he owns

but this is just ridiculous

Col. Shadow Quinn
October 21st, 2006, 04:48 PM
Hell no! Ra should not comme back. He was a fruit in all terms. What was on his ship with him? Little boys in loin cloths.(Just goes to show you how questionable he is).

Mitchell82
October 21st, 2006, 05:25 PM
Well I liked RA but he came back in season 8 and I thought they did a good job with that and I think that should be it with RA and his story is over.

FallenAngelII
October 22nd, 2006, 03:13 AM
There's no way Ra could've Ascended. The Goa'uld have not evolved genetically to a point where they can Ascend on their own and Oma would never help him Ascend, especially not when he's about to die from a Nuke he tried to destroy Earth with and after the Anubis-fiasco.

Ganthet Jr.
October 22nd, 2006, 05:15 AM
Would have been n ice if Jay reprised the role but whoever did it did it well.

I'm pretty sure that it was Jay Acovone (spelling?) in "Moebius".... right?

FallenAngelII
October 22nd, 2006, 06:40 AM
I keep forgetting to say this, but:
Might I remind you that when you Ascend, your body turns into energy? You cannot Ascend if your body has already been disintegrated in the explosion from a Nahquadah-enhanced nuke!

Mitchell82
October 22nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that it was Jay Acovone (spelling?) in "Moebius".... right?

Jay Accovone played Major kawalsky and Jay Davidson played the orriginal Ra in the Movie.

Anubis8886
October 23rd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Ra is long gone, we saw him die in the movie
the only way to see him is in time travel episodes
but there is one gould that we did not actually see die
:apophis: APOPHIS
i think it would be cool to bring him back, but highly unlikely

Main Gould -
:sokar: Sokar - saw him die
:yu: Yu - saw him die
:anubis: Anubis - Oma's got him

Lady Bastet
October 23rd, 2006, 11:34 AM
I have no idea why people read too much into the movie, its not the first time I have seen this topic. Most notably Daniel and O'Neill were played by different people.

Oh yes and if any Goa'uld come back from the dead, I would sooner it be those killed off screen like most of the System Lords who perished in Season 8.

Artha O'neill
October 23rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
I have no idea why people read too much into the movie, its not the first time I have seen this topic. Most notably Daniel and O'Neill were played by different people.

Oh yes and if any Goa'uld come back from the dead, I would sooner it be those killed off screen like most of the System Lords who perished in Season 8.
Yeah, but how about the popular cliche of Time Travel and Clones. In second thought, nevermind.

RepliHawk
October 23rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
if this is mentioned than im sorry

well he couls always come through into a alternate universe like the quatum mirror but somehow on a larger scale but not just him his entire fleet that he owns

but this is just ridiculous

thats cool

Bragi
October 23rd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Why?

Mitchell82
October 23rd, 2006, 06:47 PM

Neither do I as there are alot of changes made to the main plot to do the series. I liked the movie and even liked Ra coming back in season 8 but I love the series much more.

Gelasius
October 23rd, 2006, 08:04 PM
Have an AU Ra come to conquer the different universes having enormous troops and ships armed to the teeth, assimilated all the other ra's forces killing off himself in all the other realities and dominating everything...oh umm also having superior tech to that of the ori to boot...

Gelasius

Pharaoh Atem
October 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM
why does everyone always want to brting back RA .

:confused:

full.infinity
October 31st, 2006, 05:19 PM

I have no clue.

...Ra got nuked, he isn't coming back.

xTHORx
October 31st, 2006, 05:31 PM
Ra is long gone, we saw him die in the movie
the only way to see him is in time travel episodes
but there is one gould that we did not actually see die
:apophis: APOPHIS
i think it would be cool to bring him back, but highly unlikely

Main Gould -
:sokar: Sokar - saw him die
:yu: Yu - saw him die
:anubis: Anubis - Oma's got him

I think the directors said Apophis was gone for good. It would be hard to see how he could have gotten off that ship. He screamed just before the ship blew up so except for an asgard beam pulling him off - and no asgard ships were present - I think he's toast. It would be cool to see him back though. Maybe he was practicing with genetic replication like Ba'al - that is a longshot however.

As for Yu, I always liked him. We saw him get stabbed through the gut but it is vaguely possible he survived.

xTHORx
October 31st, 2006, 05:33 PM

Well he WAS a Supreme System Lord and just about as bad as they come.

Brigadier General Pants
October 31st, 2006, 06:55 PM
I got a soft spot for Ra, as much as one can for a snake. After the number of times Apophis/Anubis/Baal have come back, can't we just have one extra Ra? Please?

Pharaoh Atem
November 1st, 2006, 04:59 AM
Well he WAS a Supreme System Lord and just about as bad as they come.

ya and he had a nuke blow up in his face

xTHORx
November 1st, 2006, 03:26 PM
ya and he had a nuke blow up in his face

They certainly can't bring him back, but it would be cool - albiet impossible - if they did. Maybe a Ra from an alternate universe/ parallel reality.

THOUGHT: the original Ra from OUR reality switched (unknowingly) with another Ra from another reality (say for example he found the Quantum mirror between leaving earth and the Abydos mission). Therefore the Ra that blew up in the movie was not OUR Ra (ie. who once lived on earth) but alternate Ra. The original Ra could come back. Far fetched, but about the only way I can think of to get the original Ra back.

I'm sure this theory is full of holes but it was cool to think up a plotline all by myself!

Col. Shadow Quinn
November 1st, 2006, 07:04 PM
Ra=pedophile. So no, Ra isn't going to come back to life cuz he doesn't deserve that honor. He is also the dumbest Goa'uld.

Mitchell82
November 1st, 2006, 09:08 PM
Ra=pedophile. So no, Ra isn't going to come back to life cuz he doesn't deserve that honor. He is also the dumbest Goa'uld.

No he wasnt, and I think this whole "pedophile" thing is as stupid as the "rape" thing from Atlantis's Irresistable.

gatewonderer114
November 1st, 2006, 09:21 PM
This topic of Ra is still alive and acended is old. Ra is dead. The huge white flash that you see is from a nuclear bomb exploding (the bright light always comes when a nuke blows up).

Brigadier General Pants
November 2nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
No he wasnt, and I think this whole "pedophile" thing is as stupid as the "rape" thing from Atlantis's Irresistable.

Wha? I must have missed all that... please explain?

Miroslav
November 2nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
They should bring back Urgo, not Ra. :cameron:

full.infinity
November 3rd, 2006, 02:49 PM
When "Irresistable"(a mediocre episode which people say was total crap because it was aired next to the near-perfect "The Pegasus Project", a similar thing happened with "Memento Mori" and "McKay and Mrs. Miller") aired everybody was complaining about Richard Kind's character being evil or whatever.

Mitchell82
November 3rd, 2006, 05:43 PM

I'll explain better than full infinity. Irresistable an epiosde I happen to really eenjoy as well as Memento Mori, people who didn't like ethe episode were refering to Luccius as a rappist which I find compleatly inaccurate. I also find people calling RA a pedophile is just as inaccurate.

Brigadier General Pants
November 4th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Oh, OK. I guess he may be considered by some a date-rapist. Kind of a Rohypnol guy.

.jolinar.
November 4th, 2006, 06:52 AM
"Unless he can survive a tactical nuclear warhead blowing up in his face" I'm pretty certain he is kinda dead.