This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PJ power system

While reading the "PJ Drone Power" thread, a thought popped into my mind.
    If it takes so much out of the ZPM to fire a couple of drones (probably just a little bit of an exaduration(spl?)) and does to my knowledge basically nothing to affect the Puddle Jumper when firing. So by now i guess you can see where i am going with this. Do YOU think that the doc's could possibly disable the power system and rig it to use to defend atlantis? Your thoughts and opinions?

A few Drones on a ZPM, wouldn't even tickle it. To severely drain it, then it'd take 1000's to be fired.

Mark II generators can be used to fire dozens of Drones before going down. While the most that we've ever seen fired by a jumper was either 6 or 7 & that was in 'Rising II'.

Then in 'Letters from Pegasus', the Mark I generators were used in combination with a PJ's power supply. The combined poweer output, was only enough to allow a connection to the SGC which lasted for 1.3 secs.

So even intergrating PJ's power into the grid, wouldn't be enough to hold the shield for a few minutes at full power. Then when you consider the drain on them from Wraith weapons.

So in the long run, it's inefficient because they aren't powerful enough to handle the shield, they'd be better used dogfighting over Lantia.

Comment

Could a car battery be used to power New York City if their power plants went out?
      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
        Could a car battery be used to power New York City if their power plants went out?
        It depends if it were an Alterran or Asgard car battery.

Seriously though, PJ's have their own internal power source, which when you look at eps like ;Grace under pressure', when it was only mins from being totally drained. Then in 'The Tower', the PJ's in there were drained long ago. So I assume that when they dock back in the hanagr bay in Atlantis, the ZPM somehow charges them back up.

So for emergencies, like if the ZPM was depleted & all naquadah generators werd own. Then I'm sure there would be well enough power to operate some of the main systems in the gateroom like communications, sensors etc. Apart from that, I can see it outputting a similar amount as a naquadah generator. Which if you remember 'The Siege I', a single one was enough to power that.

Other than emergencies though, they're pretty much useless as a power source.

Comment

Working...
        X