Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neon genesis evangelion, beware of spoilers!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neon genesis evangelion, beware of spoilers!

Anime always sucks me in, I haven't finished the seiries yet but I can tell s**** about to go down, I read the wiki article so I have a decent idea how it all ends. So, any other fans out there?

I just got the platinum box set in December and I was really impressed but there are no extras because its a thinpak. But the Director's Cut episodes are also included.

If you really want to get yourself screwed up, watch the movies ("Death and Rebirth" and "The End of Evangelion") after you've seen the series. All I will say is that the movies explain a few things that Gainax didn't have the time and money to fully explain when they originally were doing the the TV series.

Comment

I've, "heard" about the movies.

Comment

I saw a few episodes and it was cool. I didn't really understand what was going on, but I could tell that some heavy stuff was going on.

Comment

The movies are a big "F*** you" to the fans from Hideko Anyo, he said so himself in an anime convention after the movies came out. When the series ended the way it did, he constantly received death threats and general abuse because the series didnt go out with a "Bang" but solves psychologically (the series paralleled Hideko's mental state while he was going through a period of severe psychological depression. It was a method of psychotherapy), and a lot of fans didnt like that.

Comment

LMAO!! I saw the movies a loooooong time ago and I think my brain is still screwed up from the movies. I remember calling up my friend and asking him "WTF??! Is this a joke?"

And I never really saw the end of the series, since I saw the last two episodes in raw japanese so I was even more confused since at the time my Japanese was non-existence. :s
            ~Athena

Comment

If the movies somehow transferred emotion from the creator to the fans, then the creator must have been really f***ed up. Fifty odd episodes doesn't do the show justice. Think someone will take it up to redeem the series?
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Man, Eva is one of the more wacked out anime out there. I really liked it but I admit I wanted to kick Shinji more than a couple of times. There's emo and then there's EMO. Sheesh. And this twit gets to decide the fate of humanity?

I remember hearing that Eva's creator had issues with his dad, hence the focus on Shinji and his waste of a dad. I also remember hearing that Eva's creator was upset by...how can I put this...some fans who decided to put a hentai spin on the Eva girls. That...one scene with Shinji in the hospital in the first half of the movie was apparently meant to give the finger to such fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  Man, Eva is one of the more wacked out anime out there. I really liked it but I admit I wanted to kick Shinji more than a couple of times. There's emo and then there's EMO. Sheesh. And this twit gets to decide the fate of humanity?

I remember hearing that Eva's creator had issues with his dad, hence the focus on Shinji and his waste of a dad. I also remember hearing that Eva's creator was upset by...how can I put this...some fans who decided to put a hentai spin on the Eva girls. That...one scene with Shinji in the hospital in the first half of the movie was apparently meant to give the finger to such fans.
                  I didn't think of him as emo, especially since his FUBARness didn't affect his fashion sense. At least he didn't b**** like most emo kids do. He was just REALLY, REALLY depressed.
                  If that really was the creator's response to the hentai, then he could have made a more direct response. Shinji, being the walking pit of misery that he is, could just have his reaction be chalked up to his emotional state. Now if the girls brutally beat a couple of perverts, that would be direct.
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                  X