This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wraith/organic Ship design - #spoilers for allies#

In allies we learn alot about wraith ships, for example it was confirmed about the organicness of the ships.
    Are the wraith ships lacking design features of a good ship?
    Reason for this:
    *The have a massive whole in the centre!
    *The hull cannot be changed, because the wraith have forgoten how to, or dont have the ability to
    *they dont have shields
    *the hull is 'resiliant' but is pretty weak
    *the hyperdrive can only be sustained for days at max

Are all of these things the result of growing ships, instead of buildng them. The structure of the hull affect the ability to travel in hyperspace, you have to be shielded and airtight, tough and have gravity/ID. if the hull is unshielded and organic with holes in, would you expect to be able to travel for years in hyperspace?
    the wraith ships design is probley the reason they havent asvanced in 10000 years in ship design, they needed a quick ship to built, in large numbers, programed plant to grow in that way laced with im geussing nanocell or something along those lines, and then left it be...knowing they could just rely on numbers rather than technolgy they never realised that they flaw in thier technolgy was the technogly itself, if you could attack the organic structure of the hive ship, you could destroy the wraith ( IMO this is what the aurora ppl found out)...is it possible that the wraith's weakness is simply that thier technolgy is out of date? pure and simple.

immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Originally posted by immhotep
    In allies we learn alot about wraith ships, for example it was confirmed about the organicness of the ships.
    Are the wraith ships lacking design features of a good ship?
    Reason for this:
    *The have a massive whole in the centre!
    *The hull cannot be changed, because the wraith have forgoten how to, or dont have the ability to
    *they dont have shields
    *the hull is 'resiliant' but is pretty weak
    *the hyperdrive can only be sustained for days at max

Are all of these things the result of growing ships, instead of buildng them. The structure of the hull affect the ability to travel in hyperspace, you have to be shielded and airtight, tough and have gravity/ID. if the hull is unshielded and organic with holes in, would you expect to be able to travel for years in hyperspace?
    the wraith ships design is probley the reason they havent asvanced in 10000 years in ship design, they needed a quick ship to built, in large numbers, programed plant to grow in that way laced with im geussing nanocell or something along those lines, and then left it be...knowing they could just rely on numbers rather than technolgy they never realised that they flaw in thier technolgy was the technogly itself, if you could attack the organic structure of the hive ship, you could destroy the wraith ( IMO this is what the aurora ppl found out)...is it possible that the wraith's weakness is simply that thier technolgy is out of date? pure and simple.

immhotep
    Was the fact that wraith ships dont have shields specifically mentioned in the ep. Because this totally contradicts what Joe said in his thread saying wraith not only have shields but that is what they were using to block asgard beam tech.

Comment

That may be so but it contradicts what we actually see and observe in the eps.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
        That may be so but it contradicts what we actually see and observe in the eps.
        We haven't seen them in wraith ship battles yet prob cause the wraith can undermine their own shield tech being familiar with their tech weakness.
        But they employ shield tech all the time for the canopy of wraith darts and in the Defiant one.
        Must admit though thought it is a bit strange myself that we haven't seen shield impacts yet but then there are times when we never got to see goauld shield impacts such as when apophis destroyed heruer.
        But I am only going on what Joe said, obviously if he was wrong then im wrong thats why I was interested if allies actually contradicts what he said as alot of my posts are based on that.

Comment

Hey man, dont worry about it.

On another note you'd think the first thing they'd want to look at after getting all that info from the wraith would be their weapons schematics.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
            Hey man, dont worry about it.

On another note you'd think the first thing they'd want to look at after getting all that info from the wraith would be their weapons schematics.
            Absolutely im with you there, maybe earth ships will finally get some decent weapons as I've yet to see one actually take down a mothership with out beaming tech. If they can grow them rather than trying to reverse engineer them even better.

Untill we do get some decent weapons I will be really miffed if the they decide to destroy the Orian aswell, not to mention it would be nice to keep this one for more than five minutes.
            Last edited by Gate Master; 09 February 2006, 05:12 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gate Master]But they employ shield tech all the time for the canopy of wraith darts and in the Defiant one.QUOTE]

The shield in Defiant One was a modification of the puddle jumpers cloak. The canopy on wraith darts is not a shield its most likely som nonoscale organic particles that essemble them selves and de essemble themselves into the ship. Wraith do not have shield technology.

Comment

Do we know if the Wraith have a viable power souce to even power sheilds?

Comment

Someone mentioned to me a while ago that the Hiveships must have some sort of shield tech because they manage to keep the air inside those giant open hangers the darts launch from without using airlocks.

I didn't think they had shields either but after hearing that now I'm not so sure.

Maybe their shield is just a hull conforming one that wraps around the ship instead of a bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by CHEL NAK GUY
                    Do we know if the Wraith have a viable power souce to even power sheilds?
                    Well they have enough power to get into hyperspace. So I'd guess so. After all you don't anything like a ZPM to power shields, Earth ships do fine without, Gou'ald ships do fine with, Ancient Ships do fine without, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                      Maybe their shield is just a hull conforming one that wraps around the ship instead of a bubble?
                      Interesting idea, perhaps this is also a way to counteract the Ancients drones? like a modification to shield technology designed to be closer to the hull so 'lower' the damage the drones make?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

i dont think it has shields i just think the wraith dont have wide open areas, its all corridoors within the ship, and the fighter bays do have airlocks, look at hive again.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

The shield in Defiant One was a modification of the puddle jumpers cloak.

It sounds like TPTB have said they do have shields, and they specifically said The Defiant One's shield was Wraith, not a modified cloak.

Plus if they knew you could turn the cloak into a shield, why would Sheppard have had to suggest it in a future episode.
                          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Master
                            Must admit though thought it is a bit strange myself that we haven't seen shield impacts yet but then there are times when we never got to see goauld shield impacts such as when apophis destroyed heruer.
                            that.
                            Heru-Ur didn't activate his shields because it was useless against the weapons on Apophis' flagship. Heru-Ur knew that. And he saw all the Ha'taks Apophis had cloked. Selmak said to SG1 that Apophis' ship had weapons, powerful enough to crack there shields even on full power.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

[quote=Pasankoon]
                              Originally posted by Gate Master
                              But they employ shield tech all the time for the canopy of wraith darts and in the Defiant one.QUOTE]

The shield in Defiant One was a modification of the puddle jumpers cloak. The canopy on wraith darts is not a shield its most likely som nonoscale organic particles that essemble them selves and de essemble themselves into the ship. Wraith do not have shield technology.
                              I dont know about the Canopy but some one else on this forum mentioned that it is on the special features of the Defiant One DVD that the shield was certainly wraith.

Comment

Working...
                              X