matter and reintegrate it on the other side of the
    gate.

At the same time, this means that the M.A.L.P. can be
    duplicated. So forget sending probes and satellites
    into space. Just send a M.A.L.P. from Dakara dial to
    all the other stargates simulatenously.

Then have the M.A.L.P. analyze its position from the
    stars and generate a random sequence program to dial
    home to a 'gamma-site' for analysis given a proper PX#-### desigation.

a gamma-site is like the alpha and beta sites, but going along the naming schema, it'll be for M.A.L.P. analysis instead of other types of experiments.

Also, for security reasons, if a M.A.L.P. gets compromised, malacious interceptors wouldn't be able to fake an entry into earth, but go to the gamma site instead.

They only explained how the weapon destroys life, not how it creates life. By the way they described it working, I don't think it would clone things. I think it would start life on a much more basic level.

Comment

This has been discussed before i.e if someone walked through the gate would hundreds of copies of themselves come out through all the other gates

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
      - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
      - "I'm taking this loop off..."
      - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
      - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
      - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

I think the gate simply wouldn't allow it. Certain energy, such as radio waves, can travel through gates more freely than matter. I think you could talk to multiple planets at the same time, but not travel to them.
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Also the question was put to Joe in his thread and he said it wouldn't clone but scatter your atoms across the galaxy

Comment

But if it did scatter your atoms across the galaxy, how could they use the dakara weapon for every planet? The wave would also be scattered and weakened enough to not cover entire planets. The replicators would survive.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
              But if it did scatter your atoms across the galaxy, how could they use the dakara weapon for every planet? The wave would also be scattered and weakened enough to not cover entire planets. The replicators would survive.
              I have to admit I dont understand it myself maybe the wave is so powerful that even weakened its devastating or its effected differently by the stargate in much the same way as it allows for two way travel of radio signals but not matter.

Comment

I though about maybe the gates can add power to signals as they are just energy, but it can't add matter. But according to the theory of relativity matter and energy are the same thing (but they gate might not have enough power to create matter).
                Last edited by AscendedWarrior; 10 February 2006, 12:42 PM.

Comment

What if some one already has a stargate open on a replicator infested planet, because they were trying to escape the replicators (to set the scenario), and activated the dakara device, what would happen? Would it override the already active wormhole? if not would the replicators be killed anyway from a more distance weaker pulse?

Comment

Didn't they say that some replicators survived, but it was so few so the Asgard could handle them?

Comment

Working...
                    X