• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Weapon speculation

EMP Weapon
    From the Episode "Ethon"

We know Earth has discover a new way to create EMP
    After the battle over antractica , by accident the Prometheus discover EMP field.It seems when an F-302 explode it generate an EMP field.
    Part of the F-302 .
    Sam was able to use part of F-302 and turn a missile into an powerful EMP device .

I speculated they will use that method to create some sort of EMP weapon .

Energy Weapon

After 10 yr i think it is about time for Earth to finish building an Energy weapon.

That's a first step. But what I am really looking forward are Energy Blast Weapons (plasma, laser beams, microwaves) the things that cook the enemy not the ones that blind the enemy.
    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
      I speculated they will use that method to create some sort of EMP weapon .
      I don't think it would be useful. It worked in "Ethon" because Rand technology is (was) like 1940-50 Earth tech. We know how to protect us (missiles silos are EMP protected), so a more advanced civilisation would know it too. We can increase the power of the EMP, but we also have to develop a more effective protection vs it (I suppose EM waves can rebound on the targeted ship and return to us).
      Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Well to be honest I don't know if using the 302 was because it was more powerful then what we have already, after all McKay has a quite powerful device on atlantis! I think it was more a case of, this is all we have with us that can do this.

Also EMP probably wouldn't work on Ori tech, it doesn't work on atlantis tech after all (As seen in Hot Zone).

Comment

I´d like to see some kind of energy weapon being added to Earth ships. I´d also like to hyper velocity missiles (HVM) being developed, those should travel at speeds close to 60-70% of lightspeed (or even faster).

Comment

well we saw EMP work on the Goauld ships in that episode early this season where Vala hit that EMP button on that cargo ship and toasted the Alkesh ships....

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
              I´d also like to hyper velocity missiles (HVM) being developed, those should travel at speeds close to 60-70% of lightspeed (or even faster).
              We already have those, they are called Kamikaze Death Gliders or Kamikaze F-302, very expensive though.
              School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                well we saw EMP work on the Goauld ships in that episode early this season where Vala hit that EMP button on that cargo ship and toasted the Alkesh ships....
                Don't think that was an EMP weapon as such...its function was the same but don't think it was called such a thing so not sure if EMP will work on such technology. Also don't think EMP are that effective weapons against something as the Ori and such. I mean its a fairly 'low tech' weapon. Unless somehow it was increased a thousand fold to actually do damage rather then disable.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

There could possibly be an EMP type weapon, but it wont be so much as an electromagnetic pulse as it will be a brainwave pulse once they figure out how to effectively "disarm" a prior. Then once they advance it to perfection, they can find a way to create a projectile pulse wave instead of the mine they used in the episode.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

After the US tested lots of nuclear bombs (tens or hundreds) of large radius they tried to develop mini versions of a nuclear bomb sort of a smart nuclear bomb to strike with a surgical accuracy.
                    What if they could do the same with the Dakara weapon's technology in order to strike a specific target (like an Ori ship) without harming the emitters (us)? Thus we could render an entire Ori armada useless without its manpower (no one would be inside those ships to operate them).
                    My guess is that (the Ori threat) was the real main reason the Ancients (Alterans) would build such a devastating weapon of mass destruction.
                    School is overrated.

Comment

i hope they do cuz without it earth ships can't do anything offensively. only defense. mainly against fighters or anything smaller than a hatak. cuz the asgard won't give them any

Comment

Not yet my friend.

Comment

EMP in space is rather pointless, since the ships need radiation shielding in the first place to sustain its crew from all the stuff flying around in space, which does include a sizeable emp effect from solar flares and all that.

Comment

What I'm looking forward to is
                            spoiler: the ancient weapon we find in Camelot. I thought the antarctica weapon was amazing, and this is really gonna put it to shame!

Comment

Working...
                            X