This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel and his Grandfather.

What happend to Daniel Jacksons grandfather Nick Ballard?

Stargate Command makes it a point in the show to keep in contact with people/ alien world governments on a regular basis so why have they been out of contact with Daniels grandfather for so long?
    The last time we saw him was in Season 3 and it seems to stand by now with him sharing knowlege of Earths culture with the Aliens and them doing the same he will have learnt a lot to tell the SGC.
    Perhaps the beings we saw are the Furlings, also as it stands the aliens enemy the Goa'uld have largely been removed so you would think SGC would go back to tell them and learn from Nick what he has learnt from the aliens while with them, maybe these aliens may be able to help with the Ori threat as well.

Perhaps the basis for a season 10 episode?
    Last edited by AndyStargateUK; 06 February 2006, 12:38 PM.
    Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

yeah its a good point. and a good idea for season 10. although i hope they arnt firlings, i want them to be a huge antisipated thing for the 200th episode

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Oh, not another Crystal Skull follow up thread. Nick went to the aliens and most likely wont come back, why go to Earth when he can live in what may well be what influenced one of the oldest cultures on Earth. if they are the furlings it will be a huge dissapointment, i never want to see them, I have made that clear many times, and as for the 200th ep, if you have read the spoilers for the 200th, you will see that Joe pretty much laughed the idea off anyway
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

doesnt mean i cant pray everynight that the 200th will have furlings, the biggest space battle yet, the intoduction of 20 new earth ships all at once, and most important of all, the return of RDA *prays*

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Nick probably died of starvation b/c he forgot when you're out of phase you can't pick up food or drinks. " The big giant aliens won't give me any food!"

Comment

and no one ever said he wasnt keeping in contact, they just may never of showed it (but probably not)

Comment

perhaps he will reappear in series 10.
              Maybe they will be an ally who actually help us fight the Ori

A stranger is just someone you haven't annoyed yet

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                Oh, not another Crystal Skull follow up thread. Nick went to the aliens and most likely wont come back, why go to Earth when he can live in what may well be what influenced one of the oldest cultures on Earth. if they are the furlings it will be a huge dissapointment, i never want to see them, I have made that clear many times, and as for the 200th ep, if you have read the spoilers for the 200th, you will see that Joe pretty much laughed the idea off anyway
                Fair enough, it just seems to go against the whole never leave a man behind rule that SGC seem to follow , along with keeping Diplomatic relations with other worlds it seems to have gone out of the window for Daniels grandfather.

Also there is the fact that he is a blood relative of Daniels (probably his only one as well considering his parents passed away when he was a child) and the fact both him and Daniel had similar experiances of being put down by others becaused they beleived in Alien intervention (in which both cases they were right in the end) you would have thought Daniel would want to check up on him, especially since Daniel always wants to learn about new cultures.

As for him not being alive lets not forget Ernest Littlefield (Season 1) managed to survive for 50 years on an alien planet all alone and isolated so it stands to reason Daniels grandfather can do the same,especially with help from his hosts.

I would be surprised if they don't know something of use to the SGC, who the Furlings are remains to be seen , maybe they are them,maybe they aren't, I'm not to bothered, it would be nice to know who the Furlings are but there remains plenty of time for that to be solved.
                Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Comment

They didnt "leave him" as such, he chose to stay back, "never leave a man behind" means if the person is being held against their will or cannot return for whatever reason, (injury for instance)
                  Daniel is learning about new cultures in his way, Nicholas is finding out about them in his way, each to his own. Daniel wasnt saying that it was alien intervention that caused our deveopment, or that alien intervention was involved in our history, Daniel was laughed out of his speech by saying the 4th dynasty pharaohs did not build the pyramids, someone else suggested it to mock him.
                  He may well be alive, but he was an old man, and unless the aliens could sustain his life or make him younger he would be nearng death (he would be about 90 by now). Ernest was alive on the planet for 50 years, yes, but he was only about 30 at the time that he left Earth
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                    He may well be alive, but he was an old man, and unless the aliens could sustain his life or make him younger he would be nearng death (he would be about 90 by now). Ernest was alive on the planet for 50 years, yes, but he was only about 30 at the time that he left Earth
                    I think the actor who plays him is still working on different projects, so in that respect it's still possible. In regards to the character, didn't Daniel say when he was out of phase that he wasn't hungry or thirsty? It may be that he dosn't need food or water and is sustained in another way.

I'd just like some closure on the issue, I'd like to know if Daniel has any family left out there at all (besides his team mates of course
                    AncientsTimeline

Comment

Working...
                    X