This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Battleship Power Source

I know originally the Promethius was designed to run on Naquadria. Is the Daedelus this way too? Are both ships running on ion drives or just naqueda? I just wanted to know because I'm writing a script, and it involves this sort of thing.

It hasn't really been addressed, but i would think that it would be powered by the asgard hyperdrive. They must have a lot of naquadah generators for providing secondary power to shields weapons and other secondary systems, or they're being powered by some kind of asgard power source.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Asgard ships can cross galaxies in minutes with a standard Asgard power source. The Daedalus, with a ZPM, takes 4 days.

So, not only can we conclude that the Daedalus does not have an Asgard power source, but we can also conclude that it doesn't even have the latest model hyperdrives.

Comment

The human-built hyperdrive was the only thing that ran on naquadria. It had aerospike engines (which are real but haven't been implemented yet, see wikipedia) combined with a reverse engineered inertial dampening system...plus they may have somewhat reverse engineered the anti-inertial drive that the death gliders used by the time Prometheus was built. I'm pretty sure the ship was powered by naquadah generators, naquadria was only used for the hyperdrive. Since they have Asgard hyperdrives now, there's no more any need for naquadria (except for bombs), and I assume that the Asgard equipment would be powered by some sort of Asgard power source, with the sublight and human built stuff being powered by naquadah generators.

Comment

of course the asgard hyperdrives they gave them were their outdated old ones.
          prolly use naq generators on a larger scale

Comment

The Asgards are able to transfer all of their power from their 4 reactors to the hyperdrive, that's probably one reason why they are so damn fast.

Comment

But in hyperspace, you go faster by losing energy...

Comment

I wonder if a naquadah/potassium reactor would work? I probably wouldn't create as much energy as matter/anti-matter reactor, but it might be enough for a decent hyperdrive.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  I wonder if a naquadah/potassium reactor would work? I probably wouldn't create as much energy as matter/anti-matter reactor, but it might be enough for a decent hyperdrive.
                  For a mod, you seem to talk quite alot of rubbish on a regular basis...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                    For a mod, you seem to talk quite alot of rubbish on a regular basis...
                    For one, I'm not posting as a mod right now, two, if you've seen "Singularity" you'd know that combining naquadah and potassium produces an explosive reaction similar to combining matter and anti-matter.

Also, instead of being a rude git, why didn't you just say "What does potassium have to do with anything? Do you know something I don't?"
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think that Earth should solve the instabillity of the Naquadria. The power source would still be dangerous, but it could be stronger than the Asguard power source. We might stand a chance against the Ori.

Comment

I wonder how much power one of those Asgard power sources would put out, Thor's ship had 4 of them, wonder how many the Daedalus has.
                        Last edited by WhiteHelljumper; 04 February 2006, 08:31 PM.

Comment

That is very possibly. But I certainly do not believe that the Asgard would have given us one of their best hyperdrives. There are most likely to have given us one of their oldest model secondhand hyperdrive engines that was probably sitting in a Asgard junkyard before being reconditioned and given to us petty Humans.

Comment

The only really logical answer would be some sort of Naquahdah powered reactors. Possibly fusion reactors or some other nuclear variant like Fission. Although Fission isn't a particularly efficient power source for large vessels, even in boats there's a lot of wasted energy that wouldnt go down well with a vessel that's running with limited resources, like a spacecraft.

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
                              I know originally the Promethius was designed to run on Naquadria. Is the Daedelus this way too? Are both ships running on ion drives or just naqueda? I just wanted to know because I'm writing a script, and it involves this sort of thing.
                              The Earth built Battlecruisers use a Naquadria Power Generator with a Redundant Power Buffer (that was the design-flaw of the original design... there was no redundancy in the power buffer. Other than that, the Naquadria Generator worked just fine. So presumably, they simply corrected that particular design flaw.), to power the Hyperdrive Engines.

The Hyperdrive has no powersource of its own. Not even the Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrive. Even that must have a seperate power source. The Hyperdrive is just an Engine... not a power generator. Many people are constantly under the mistaken impression that the Asgard Hyperdrives have their own power source, but that is an unwarranted assumption. Even the Asgard ships, have seperate power sources that provide energy to their Hyperdrives.

The Earth Battlecruisers also have multiple Naquada Generators located through out the ship. They provide power for virtually all the other systems aboard ship. It is actually useful to have a non-centralized power grid. Even if one generator fails, the others can continue to provide power.
                              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                              X