PDA

View Full Version : Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Nasa
February 4th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Any ideas about what this potentially very contreversial arc for daniel in season 10 could be ???

schweinsty
February 4th, 2006, 03:18 PM
It could be they *shudder* do a rogue-Jackson in rogue-Ford fashion. Horror of horrors if they do. Can you see an "I want the Ori to die, now!" Daniel? Ack....
Or maybe the Ori take him captive and he does something...not very nice to get free.
Or maybe he gets captured and something else happens.
Or maybe he turns into a smurf. And if that's not dark and controversial, I don't know what is.
... ... ...
All right, so that one's not serious. But the others are.
It'll be interesting to see other people's thoughts as to this.

Hybridbabe
February 4th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I will say this: If he turns on us and joins the Ori (aka becomes a Prior), we are all screwed. :daniel09: :vala09:

NakedJehutyV2
February 5th, 2006, 12:12 AM
maybe his 4 ep absence in s10 could be used as that?

Agent_Dark
February 5th, 2006, 01:50 AM
contact lenses

FallenAngelII
February 5th, 2006, 01:57 AM
*pushes agenda* Slashy hints between him and Jack.

shockwave
February 5th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Its not yet certain TPTB will actuality use this arc, it was an idea they discussed

da_hippie
February 5th, 2006, 08:17 AM
If you must know: He's giving up coffee.

AGateFan
February 5th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Something very soap opra like. Something very Un-Daniel Jackson like.

Actually I think if we take a look at other scifi (or non-scifi) shows we would probably find the exact arc.

Probably wont pull it from Xena or Hercules, maybe BSG... maybe B5 (he could do too many stims, but he was already addicted to the sarcophocas and the light). Maybe he gets brainwashed like Garabaldi.....Right now I am too focused on B5 to think of what star trek arcs they could steal from... star wars is unlikely since he has no great love thats going to die anytime soon..... I am sure if you look at whatever shows\storeylines are currently in vogue you will find the arc sitting right there in the open.

LaCroix
February 5th, 2006, 09:48 AM
my money is on he joins with the sprog and tries to help her.

immhotep
February 5th, 2006, 11:45 AM
my money is on he get gets killed by a prior, and ascends in front of the prior, after the prior says ''ill kill you and i shall rise to the flame of enlightenmight''...kills daniel, daniel ascends and the prior is killed...how ironic, and how brilliant an exit.

the fifth man
February 5th, 2006, 08:26 PM
If you must know: He's giving up coffee.

No!!!!!!!:)
Seriously though, I have no idea what it could be. And that's the exciting part. Personally though, I don't see tptb turning him against us. At least, not permanently. I see him maybe becoming a little darker in how we must counter the Ori threat. Maybe he abandons some of his values for the good of the galaxy.

majorsal
February 5th, 2006, 08:29 PM
I will say this: If he turns on us and joins the Ori (aka becomes a Prior), we are all screwed. :daniel09: :vala09:

well, i hope it's something juicy and something real meaty ms can sink his teeth into, but i do NOT want him to end up dead again!!

*shields daniel from blood thirsty writers*

sally :)

majorsal
February 5th, 2006, 08:30 PM
my money is on he joins with the sprog and tries to help her.

or *joins* with her, if you know what i mean?

:o

Pharaoh Atem
February 6th, 2006, 05:16 AM
i think he will sacifice someone or people on a planet to get the upper hand on the ori

tsjr
February 6th, 2006, 06:35 AM
or howabout something as simple as he fuinally goes to get to Atlantis:prioranime07:

creed462
February 6th, 2006, 06:59 AM
or howabout something as simple as he fuinally goes to get to Atlantis:prioranime07:
Yea thats the one I'm hoping for all the other have been done in some form on the show.

donniepw
February 6th, 2006, 11:36 AM
I know whatever they have planned for Daniel, if they actually go through with it, I'd like to see it have something to do with his prior ascension. We know from The Reckoning parts 1 & 2 that all the knowledge he gained while ascended is still there he just can't access it. The ori are ascended beings and Daniel happens to have been an ascended being at one time, there has got to be someplace the writers can go with that.

GoldenSG-1
February 6th, 2006, 02:18 PM
It could be they *shudder* do a rogue-Jackson in rogue-Ford fashion. Horror of horrors if they do. Can you see an "I want the Ori to die, now!" Daniel? Ack....
Or maybe the Ori take him captive and he does something...not very nice to get free.
Or maybe he gets captured and something else happens.
Or maybe he turns into a smurf. And if that's not dark and controversial, I don't know what is.
... ... ...
All right, so that one's not serious. But the others are.
It'll be interesting to see other people's thoughts as to this.

or maybe a daniel jackson clear and present danger :)

President Hayes- How Dare you!

Jackson-How dare you sir!!!!!

sorry wrong Ford hehe

what if Daniel takes up drinking?

jenks
February 6th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I heard a prior is going to violate Daniel with his staff, and then DJ has to leave SG-1 and go into therapy...

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 6th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I heard a prior is going to violate Daniel with his staff, and then DJ has to leave SG-1 and go into therapy...

Leave your personal fetishes back home under the rock, if you don't mind.

The arc will probably be none of the things discussed here.

MarshAngel
February 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
i think he will sacifice someone or people on a planet to get the upper hand on the ori

This makes sense to me. My theory is that he beginst to advocate some very drastic measures to fight the Ori and it won't be comfortable hearing it from him.

jakey
February 8th, 2006, 04:56 AM
What if daniel managed to unlock some ancient memories and discover the ancients are the evil ones after all, Causing him to join with the ori on a level, maybe agreeing with them that the ancients need to be destroyed, but through another means. Possibly using anubis's machine to genetically enhance an army of humans to the point of ascention to destroy the ancients that way. This could well be a potentially controversial and interesting arc as daniel will have lost all faith in the ancients that he reveers so much, but at the same time not fully agree with the ori, he then becomes lost as he tries to re-establish his principals and what he believes in, making controversial desicions along the way. This scenario probably wont play out but i do believe that any controversial daniel arc will involve him testing his principals and beliefs to the limit.

the fifth man
February 8th, 2006, 08:10 PM
This makes sense to me. My theory is that he beginst to advocate some very drastic measures to fight the Ori and it won't be comfortable hearing it from him.

That may very well be it. And it would be shocking to hear DJ proposing things he never would have back in season 1. However, I think it would be fitting. Look at all he's been through, all he's seen. It would be foolish to believe he could stay the same person he used to be after all he's experienced these past nine years. Plus, he knows what a huge threat the Ori are.

Peoples_General
February 8th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I know whatever they have planned for Daniel, if they actually go through with it, I'd like to see it have something to do with his prior ascension. We know from The Reckoning parts 1 & 2 that all the knowledge he gained while ascended is still there he just can't access it. The ori are ascended beings and Daniel happens to have been an ascended being at one time, there has got to be someplace the writers can go with that.

This looks likely. Maybe the Ori takes him because they know he's been ascended before. They tempt him to join by telling him that they can unlock those Ancients knowledge.

They actually do it for him. But like what Shifu told Daniel many years ago, that such knowledge is very dangerous, thats when we see DJ turning into a darker persona. Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. But having Ancients/Ascended knowledge is absolute power... hell, look what the Ori turned into. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

Corruption can take the form of taking action and meddling with those below you (Ori). Or take the form of being so arrogant and not do anything to HELP those below you (Alterans).

majorsal
February 8th, 2006, 11:54 PM
i was reading a review of ripple effect (on the german site), and thought of this possibility...

spoilers for s9's ripple effect

we know that ripple effect had foreshadowing predictions, what if this 'controversial' arc for daniel is tied in to what the 'black sg1' was doing in ripple effect? (and i'm talking about intentions, not traveling from one parallel universe to another)

the black sg1 weren't really evil, they just went beyond what our regular sg1 had ever done. so far. what if daniel is the one to go over the line to save our universe?...

if so, what do you think it would/could be?

Scrump
February 9th, 2006, 09:08 AM
We have already seen this side of him in Prototype, he was recommending immediate execution to prevent another Anubis, I thought that was a bit wierd coming from him.

MarshAngel
February 9th, 2006, 09:44 AM
We have already seen this side of him in Prototype, he was recommending immediate execution to prevent another Anubis, I thought that was a bit wierd coming from him.
Well technically if he's already done this then it should be right in line with his current character direction. I actually found it perfectly acceptable hearing this from him. I know it was intended to surprise us but it was also supposed to make sense, which it did.

When I say drastic I'm not talking about anything as direct as killing one bad guy. I'm suggesting that he might suggest that a sacrifice of several million or more is acceptable if it means getting rid of the Ori. I'm thinking along the lines of wiping out all humans in the Ori galaxy... that sort of drastic.

Juice
February 9th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I dont know why but Im thinking something to do with religion

MarshAngel
February 9th, 2006, 06:21 PM
I dont know why but Im thinking something to do with religion
any specific thoughts?

Peoples_General
February 9th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Become leader for a Cult of the Ancients?

kesterr
February 13th, 2006, 08:48 AM
all that i want is for him to ascend i would give anything for him to see him ascend, that'll show the ori and oma (he donsn't need her to ascend)

Cherriey
February 13th, 2006, 08:59 AM
This is the first I've even heard of an arc. Does it actually exist or are we just hypothesizing?

SGFerrit
February 13th, 2006, 10:27 AM

POOR DANIEL:(

Seriously though, I cannot think of what this will be!

SGFerrit
February 13th, 2006, 10:28 AM
This is the first I've even heard of an arc. Does it actually exist or are we just hypothesizing?

It has been mentioned and they are considering using it in season 10

sueKay
February 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I think it'd be cool, if Daniel had some deep, dark secret in his past, and that somehow the beans were spilled, and Daniel has to go back and sort some stuff out...

either that or He's Vala's baby's father...but that's probably not it as I've not read any s10 spoilers

SGFerrit
February 13th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I don't know why, but I can see your second prediction coming true.

Hybridbabe
February 13th, 2006, 03:04 PM
I think it'd be cool, if Daniel had some deep, dark secret in his past, and that somehow the beans were spilled, and Daniel has to go back and sort some stuff out...

either that or He's Vala's baby's father...but that's probably not it as I've not read any s10 spoilers

I can see that happening..... Mainly because I believe the Ori cannot reproduce. How can energy beings reproduce??? Makes no sense. What I can see if them manipulating DNA to make a being more "advanced" (like Anubis's son, Khalek). That way, they still believe in the genetic memory thing, they still got that power, but there's no Ori DNA. You know what I mean?

I think they got into contact with Daniel, got into close proximity, and through a Prior, they sampled his DNA without him knowing or something. Then, they messed around with that and put it into Vala, resulting in Adria.

Or something like that. I don't know, sometimes I think my ideas are more out there than the Scifi that contains 'em LOL!

creed462
February 13th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Maybe it just he and Vala getting togather?

James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser
February 13th, 2006, 07:11 PM
The description was too vague for us to guess, really. Who will the arc be controversial too? fans of Daniel? fans of SG-1? society in general? Maybe he's going to suggest that Vala have an abortion, Kvasir can use the transport beam on the Odyssey to beam it out... *prepares for PMs full of hate*

Uber
February 13th, 2006, 08:07 PM
well, i hope it's something juicy and something real meaty ms can sink his teeth into, but i do NOT want him to end up dead again!!

*shields daniel from blood thirsty writers*

sally :)Oh please no. I barely made it the last time he died...I couldn't stand another Meridian.

Controversial...hmm. I wonder what type of controversy...is it a character arc controversy as in personality changes for the worst (like he sides with the Ori or something like that) or is it more of a controversy because of a situation he's placed in or a decision he makes...

So many choices. Whatever it is, I'm sure Michael will be able to pull it off though...but please...no dying/ascending to fight the Ori. Please.

travis
February 13th, 2006, 09:20 PM
He turns gay

James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser
February 13th, 2006, 09:32 PM
They reveal that Daniel Jackson is in fact Chris Benoit,the WWE wrestler (with Shanks' glasses off, they look eerily similar)

sharkface217
February 13th, 2006, 09:36 PM
He turns gay

Haha, then Jack would have called it. Again.

But seriously, I would not at all 100% be surprised with the Ripple Effect 1. Why has only 1 person presented this? We more or less know (judging by the last line of that episode) that the alternate SG1 team was from both an alternate reality and the future. BOTH!

Remember, the cut out scenes from that episode showed the alternate Daniel telling the alternate SG1 that this idea was immoral and that they shouldn't do it.

Just keep this in the back of your heads, kiddies: The Alt Team will be seen again.

NotAscended
February 16th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Just keep this in the back of your heads, kiddies: The Alt Team will be seen again.

I hope you're right and that the Alt SG1 episode wasn't just a one-off. I'd really like to see the return of the Janet Frasier team or the Black-Uniform SG team, because it would be really interesting to see what ways the other SG teams have found to combat the Ori and could help in this universe.

GoldenSG-1
February 17th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I was watching "the scourge" and

the chinese ambassador said that what if China had the stargate first would daniel go with china? and daniel said "if they explore worlds and help earth sure he'd be at china"maybe he will go to china for a while

oragans
February 18th, 2006, 06:14 AM
They reveal that Daniel Jackson is in fact Chris Benoit,the WWE wrestler (with Shanks' glasses off, they look eerily similar)

no they don't, they look nothing a like.

Daniel should become a prior or something.

NotAscended
February 18th, 2006, 11:30 AM

the chinese ambassador said that what if China had the stargate first would daniel go with china? and daniel said "if they explore worlds and help earth sure he'd be at china"maybe he will go to china for a while

I wonder if that bit was foreshadowing or red herring. If Daniel is going in some controversial direction, I find it hard to believe it would be by leaving the SG program when he sees the Ori as such a threat. Unless ... TPTB come up with some way for him to personally take on the Ori by leaving the SGC. Unfortunately, I don't have enough imagination to come up with a scenario for that.

I think it would be very controversial for Daniel to start advocating extreme military actions rather than diplomacy. For most of the series, Daniel has been something of a cultural relativist and has always tried to talk their way out of problems. However, in some recent episodes, he's been leaning toward a more confrontational approach that seems in conflict with his core values. This subtle change has been commented upon in a number of threads on this board, and that change may be a foreshadowing of a darker Daniel who is willing to do more extreme things in the face of the Ori threat.

Peoples_General
February 18th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Any ideas about what this potentially very contreversial arc for daniel in season 10 could be ???

Maybe he'll funnel info and technology to the Chinese?

GoldenSG-1
February 19th, 2006, 12:03 AM
This subtle change has been commented upon in a number of threads on this board, and that change may be a foreshadowing of a darker Daniel who is willing to do more extreme things in the face of the Ori threat.

hehe imagine daniel breaking the necks of the ori or going all sheppard crazy like he did with "steve" the wraith and just shooting the P90

Saif Blade
February 19th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I wonder if that bit was foreshadowing or red herring. If Daniel is going in some controversial direction, I find it hard to believe it would be by leaving the SG program when he sees the Ori as such a threat. Unless ... TPTB come up with some way for him to personally take on the Ori by leaving the SGC. Unfortunately, I don't have enough imagination to come up with a scenario for that.

I think it would be very controversial for Daniel to start advocating extreme military actions rather than diplomacy. For most of the series, Daniel has been something of a cultural relativist and has always tried to talk their way out of problems. However, in some recent episodes, he's been leaning toward a more confrontational approach that seems in conflict with his core values. This subtle change has been commented upon in a number of threads on this board, and that change may be a foreshadowing of a darker Daniel who is willing to do more extreme things in the face of the Ori threat.

That sounds interesting. I was just wondering though, in a recent episode didn't SG-1 obtain a few gates when they were beamed off of Ba'als ship? Does anyone think that the Chinese Government would probably demand to have one of these gates and start their own Stargate program, like the Russians did before? I don't know, just a theory. Though what is the United States going to do with all these gates? I don't recall them saying they will return them or something to the original planets.

the fifth man
February 19th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Personally, I still just think the "darker" Daniel we may see in season 10 will be one willing to take drastic measures in regards to stopping the Ori. Daniel has always advocated trying to make peace whenever possible, but he may come to the realization that will never work in combating the Ori threat. He may advocate killing Ori followers.

majorsal
February 19th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Personally, I still just think the "darker" Daniel we may see in season 10 will be one willing to take drastic measures in regards to stopping the Ori. Daniel has always advocated trying to make peace whenever possible, but he may come to the realization that will never work in combating the Ori threat. He may advocate killing Ori followers.

i think that's what i'd like to see with this 'darker' daniel storyline.

we know that daniel is a good and caring man, but how far would he go to keep the peace of the galaxy? you know that wonderful Spock saying: 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one' - well, daniel might think that way now...

i don't want to see the good and loving daniel go the way of his (mis)deeds, but i wouldn't mind seeing his back pushed against the wall and him playing by different rules. and regretting it.

the fifth man
February 19th, 2006, 08:27 PM
i think that's what i'd like to see with this 'darker' daniel storyline.

we know that daniel is a good and caring man, but how far would he go to keep the peace of the galaxy? you know that wonderful Spock saying: 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one' - well, daniel might think that way now...

i don't want to see the good and loving daniel go the way of his (mis)deeds, but i wouldn't mind seeing his back pushed against the wall and him playing by different rules. and regretting it.

I know exactly what you mean.:) It would probably be one of the hardest moves in his life. It would be something to see, I'll tell you that.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 19th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the Chinese attempt at taking over stargate operations.

Liam Kincaid
February 19th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Though what is the United States going to do with all these gates? I don't recall them saying they will return them or something to the original planets.

I thought that the whole point was that they were going to return the gates to the original planets.

buzlighty1
February 19th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Leave your personal fetishes back home under the rock, if you don't mind.

The arc will probably be none of the things discussed here.

He is going to go off to help China with its stargate program.

majorsal
February 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the Chinese attempt at taking over stargate operations.

i thought about that too; like daniel deciding to side with them instead of the US. the only thing i could imagine him doing that for is if the chinese say (without a doubt) that they're going to use the gate for exploration and good. or, they give him literal carte blanche to the stargate program and he can't resist...

but i'm still want it to be something that daniel thinks is for the good of the world or something, but later realizes that it isn't and... he's already went over the line.

i'm afraid, though, that *our* ideas will put the writers ideas to shame. watch is be something like daniel waters down his coffee and gets irritable and yells at sam. :p

Liam Kincaid
February 19th, 2006, 09:05 PM

I do think that Daniel's conversation with the chinese ambassabor has something to do with the arc. Remember, Daniel was agreeing with a good part of what she had to say. Also, remember his argument with Mitchell earlier in the episode. I think that either Daniel might work with China in future epidodes, or at least make the Chinese Government, most of SGC, and the audience, believe that he is working with the Chinese Government.

knowles2
February 20th, 2006, 07:35 AM
One idea is that they are losing the war badly and stand little chance of winning. Daniel finds out that if the ori do not succeed with gaining controle over the galexy they will all die or ancient will be able to force them to deacend some how. Daniel then suppose that they use a the nerv agent that they use in scrouge to start wiping out human populations until the ori agree not to invade the galexy the president and the joint chief are in disblief that he would even suppose such a plan so they decide that daniel can no longer remain in his post at the SGC, maybe after a attempt to take over the odyssey and beam the nerv agent abroad, after this fail attempt he is given the choice in prisonment for the rest of his life or he can go back a civilian position outside the SGC. The chinese makes contact with him and suppose that they work togeather, he agreeds and they some how manage to steal the stargate. Using the stargate they then start launching their attacks through the stargate.

Liam Kincaid
February 21st, 2006, 12:00 AM

How about Season Ten opens with Daniel still aboard the Replicator ship, and we find out that all of Season Nine and the entire Ori story has been nothing more than a RepliCarter virtual reality trick to get Jackson to reveal the knowledge of Ascension to her.

Nasa
February 21st, 2006, 10:09 PM
lol that would be awsome in a weird way :cameron:

Hybridbabe
February 22nd, 2006, 04:35 AM
How about Season Ten opens with Daniel still aboard the Replicator ship, and we find out that all of Season Nine and the entire Ori story has been nothing more than a RepliCarter virtual reality trick to get Jackson to reveal the knowledge of Ascension to her.

That would not only be totally invalidating Season 9, but that would also be a rip off from Enterprise.

And yes, i know, all scifi shows rip off stuff from the others, but not so "close" together. I mean, Enterprise was just cancelled not even three years ago, and that idea is too "new" to be done in a similar way. You get what I mean? It's too early for an idea to be presented in an almost identical way.

FallenAngelII
February 22nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
What happened in "Enterprise"?

Anyway, it could also be the Ori capturing Daniel after "Flesh And Blood" and tricking him into thinking that the past year was just a dream RepliCarter made him dream so that he'd reveal his secrets to her so that they can find out secrets about the Ascend Beings in the Milky Way.

That would be a nice twist.

Hybridbabe
February 22nd, 2006, 01:29 PM
What happened in "Enterprise"?

Basically, in the last episode of Enterprise, it was revealed that the entire series was an ongoing dream for some person or another (I can't remember whom), and nothing actually happened. There was no Archer, T'Pol, Trip, anyone. It was all just a dream.

It basically totally invalidated the entire series....

Amanda Eros
February 22nd, 2006, 05:38 PM
Here's my idea. After Vala has her Xena baby that ages to a teen in about one day. (For the teenage boy demegraphic of course) He will try to reach out to her, and of course she'll be sextually attracted to him. Daniel will see that the only way for him to try to do anything against this new Orii Queen, would be to go into her service. He'll be her right hand guy, doing everything that she asks, meanwhile he'll try to convert her to the light side of the force.

Or Daniel will be totally brainwashed and act as a puppet for the Orii doing damage here and there without anyone knowing about it. Of course Oma will come to the rescue at the end of the story Arc, either telling SG1 what's up, or trying to bring him back to the light side of the force.

Liam Kincaid
February 22nd, 2006, 11:08 PM
Basically, in the last episode of Enterprise, it was revealed that the entire series was an ongoing dream for some person or another (I can't remember whom), and nothing actually happened. There was no Archer, T'Pol, Trip, anyone. It was all just a dream.

No, no, no, you misunderstood. The final episode of the series showed Commander Riker from one of the future Star Trek Series accessing a historical holodeck program about the final trip of the first Enterprise as a way of mentally preparing for a speech he had to make. This episode was not saying that Archer and his crew were all somebody's dream, it was saying that they were a part of the founding history of the Star Trek universe. The episode was an attempt to tie together Star Trek, its prequel Enterprise, and all of its sequel series into one coherent whole. It was actually kind of profound in a way.

Hybridbabe
February 23rd, 2006, 04:42 AM
No, no, no, you misunderstood. The final episode of the series showed Commander Riker from one of the future Star Trek Series accessing a historical holodeck program about the final trip of the first Enterprise as a way of mentally preparing for a speech he had to make. This episode was not saying that Archer and his crew were all somebody's dream, it was saying that they were a part of the founding history of the Star Trek universe. The episode was an attempt to tie together Star Trek, its prequel Enterprise, and all of its sequel series into one coherent whole. It was actually kind of profound in a way.

Ahhhhhhhhh, ok, thanks for telling me. :)

I didn't actually WATCH the last ep, so I was just going on what i heard from the people who did. Thanks for correcting me. :)

AndyStargateUK
February 23rd, 2006, 01:52 PM
I think he'll strike up a relationship with the Chinese diplomat from the scourge, he seemed to generally beleive China had been left out of things and disagreed with Mitchell on the fact China wasn't given information of military technology despite the treaty effectivly saying the US would. Perhaps he will give the diplomat some information , perhaps not on purpose , but then get in trouble for doing so. P.S If anyone on here turns out to be right before the story arc happens please use spoiler tags.

Jackie
February 23rd, 2006, 06:57 PM
My bet would be he would find Ba'al or some other Goa'uld that has regained power and somehow or for some reason, he agrees to side with them or join forces to stop the Ori. Remeber Ba'al stated to Teal'c that the Ori were his biggest concern or biggest threat when Ba'al tried to brain wash Teal'c.

I think it will be tied to the Goa'uld somehow...his first and mortal enemy having to side with them or assist them in order to stop the Ori.

the fifth man
February 23rd, 2006, 07:17 PM
I think I finally know what this controversial arc is going to be for Daniel. You ready? Here it is - He switches from briefs to boxers.:D

An Ancient
February 24th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Perhaps he realises the Ori cannot be beaten physically, thus starts moving in favour of destroying peoples faith in the Ori by whatever means required, thus, when the Ori go into their final battle, they suddenly lose all their power.

Amanda Eros
February 24th, 2006, 05:22 PM
How about Daniel starts to hand out Bibles, hoping to convert the people of the galaxy into Catholics? Just Kidding :lol:

Albion
February 25th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Actually I think if we take a look at other scifi (or non-scifi) shows we would probably find the exact arc.

Oooooooh. Bitter and sarcastic. And oh so true. <g> I'd have given you green for this, AGateFan, but the system won't let me. :D

Yes! And Jack steps out of the shower and it was all a dream! I LIKE it!

Albion :)

Cherriey
February 25th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Oooooooh. Bitter and sarcastic. And oh so true. <g> I'd have given you green for this, AGateFan, but the system won't let me. :D

Yes! And Jack steps out of the shower and it was all a dream! I LIKE it!

Albion :)
Oh! Now that's twisted! Almost along the same lines as that one episode in which potential new teams were getting their final exam.

nccjones
February 25th, 2006, 12:04 PM

That's what I remember. For a minute I thought I may have missed an episode I didn't know about...lol. Though I do wish that Trip's death would have been a dream :(

As for the controversial arc....I just hope that whatever it is that Daniel will be redeemed in the end. To me, Daniel is the heart and the key to Stargate. He is the one who unlocked the Stargate. He is the one who ascended and carries the secrets of the Ancients with him. And I think he is the key to defeating the Ori. To me, Daniel is the central character and I don't want him spoiled in anyway.

So I feel the controversial arc should be where his morals comes into question. I wonder if it has something to do with Vala's daughter Adria. He may have to defeat her in some way which will definately put a rift between him and Vala. And he may in some way also be linked to her daughter through his DNA. That's a possibility.

esoap524
February 25th, 2006, 04:14 PM
contact lenses

ROTFLMAO!! Or a trip to Lenscrafters to get frames that fit.

How about...sex with Vala (finally)?

Cherriey
February 25th, 2006, 07:58 PM
*shivers in revulsion* I doubt it. His first impression of her is blocking him from it. He'd be afraid of waking up and either have things missing or be kidnapped. You never know with her.

esoap524
February 25th, 2006, 08:46 PM
That would not only be totally invalidating Season 9, but that would also be a rip off from Enterprise.

And yes, i know, all scifi shows rip off stuff from the others, but not so "close" together. I mean, Enterprise was just cancelled not even three years ago, and that idea is too "new" to be done in a similar way. You get what I mean? It's too early for an idea to be presented in an almost identical way.

Or a rip off from Dallas and Newhart. BTW, that Newhart series ending was the BEST EVER ending of a show. Very clever.

HB, obviously there are many people out there who believe season 9 is not valid anyway. That's where AU fan fic comes in, peeps.

*shivers in revulsion* I doubt it. His first impression of her is blocking him from it. He'd be afraid of waking up and either have things missing or be kidnapped. You never know with her.

;) LOL Unpredictability is the spice of life.

coldmachine
February 26th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Spoiler for episodes past
Plus the ascended Ancients let him keep his memory of being in the diner. And he should have all kinds of memories from when Replicarter went into his mind. He used some of the knowledge to gain control of her, so I would like to see this come into play.

naseuy
February 26th, 2006, 11:02 AM
As much as I would love to see Cam and Daniel hook up, that probably won't happen. But he could do something like sacrificing one life to save a large population.

ann_sgcfan
February 26th, 2006, 04:29 PM

Oooh I vote for that one. :D

Cherriey
February 26th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Ascended Replicators. *shiver*

Liam Kincaid
March 2nd, 2006, 11:56 PM
Here's another wild idea. The Others ascended Gerak when he died stopping the Ori plaque. Gerak replaces Oma in her eternal battle with Anubis. Spending Eternity in a constant battle with a Goauld is like Paradise ( or Vahalla ) for a Free Jaffa like Gerak. This frees up Oma to help Daniel to ascend. Almost. Only, instead of ascending all the way, he is raised up to the level of a Prior, or a Kelchack, or a Doci. Daniel Jackson, the Prior of the Ancients, battles , and defeats, Prior after Prior, after Prior, leading up ultimately to a final Neo vs Agent Smith style battle between Daniel and the Doci. Daniel wins, and the Ori are defeated.

Commander Ivanova
March 3rd, 2006, 12:42 AM
Daniel stops working out, sleeps in till noon every day, tells Jack to **** off, never opens a book unless its a Manga comic, grows his hair really long, dyes it peroxide blond, takes up swearing, smoking, drinking, gambling and hangs out in gay bars picking up strange men. That oughtta do it.

Formerhost
March 3rd, 2006, 01:12 AM
I think he'll strike up a relationship with the Chinese diplomat from the scourge, he seemed to generally beleive China had been left out of things and disagreed with Mitchell on the fact China wasn't given information of military technology despite the treaty effectivly saying the US would. Perhaps he will give the diplomat some information , perhaps not on purpose , but then get in trouble for doing so. P.S If anyone on here turns out to be right before the story arc happens please use spoiler tags.

For me it's the most probable scenario, too. And the most realistic.

travis
March 3rd, 2006, 02:10 AM
Daniel stops working out, sleeps in till noon every day, tells Jack to **** off, never opens a book unless its a Manga comic, grows his hair really long, dyes it peroxide blond, takes up swearing, smoking, drinking, gambling and hangs out in gay bars picking up strange men. That oughtta do it.
Nice one, but you forgot add that he starts stealing at SGC and co to support his addiction's.

FallenAngelII
March 3rd, 2006, 03:33 AM
I think I finally know what this controversial arc is going to be for Daniel. You ready? Here it is - He switches from briefs to boxers.:D

Wait, how do we know he wears briefs? And briefs are so much better! More revealing!

How about Daniel starts to hand out Bibles, hoping to convert the people of the galaxy into Catholics? Just Kidding :lol:

OMG! That's even worse!

Cherriey
March 3rd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Well... I didn't want to bring this up but he really wears leotards.

Madeleine
March 3rd, 2006, 11:13 PM
Ooooh, Cherriey you are EVIL!

:daniel09:

eri-chan
March 4th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Here's another wild idea. The Others ascended Gerak when he died stopping the Ori plaque. Gerak replaces Oma in her eternal battle with Anubis. Spending Eternity in a constant battle with a Goauld is like Paradise ( or Vahalla ) for a Free Jaffa like Gerak. This frees up Oma to help Daniel to ascend. Almost. Only, instead of ascending all the way, he is raised up to the level of a Prior, or a Kelchack, or a Doci. Daniel Jackson, the Prior of the Ancients, battles , and defeats, Prior after Prior, after Prior, leading up ultimately to a final Neo vs Agent Smith style battle between Daniel and the Doci. Daniel wins, and the Ori are defeated.

as much as i wanna see daniel kick some almighty butt in general, i dont think that'd happen. it would turn sg1 into sg daniel-beats-the-universe-at-everything. i thought it was awesome how in the reckoning he over-powered replicarter. but hmm i do think it'll be more to do with his morals and values.

hmmm or he could ascend somehow and take the 4 eps off and come back having convinced the ancients to help out :daniel: although i think that that will definately not happen heehee.

maybe he finds merlin's machine mentioned from authur's mantle and kills off some ancients along with some ori and innocents.

hmm i wanna be surprised more than anything else i think. so ill try to keep my mind blank.

ha! maybe daniel elopes with vala's baby :jack_new_anime05:

MarshAngel
March 4th, 2006, 06:25 AM
maybe daniel elopes with vala's baby

Or maybe he advocates killing the kid.

scarimor
March 4th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Daniel Sith lord :daniel09:

He will go darkside. He will turn against the team.

Formerhost
March 4th, 2006, 07:21 AM
After today's episode I'm almost sure it's gonna have to do with Russians and Chinese.

Cherriey
March 4th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Ooooh, Cherriey you are EVIL!

:daniel09:
Thank you. *blushes prettily*

deadman
March 4th, 2006, 09:32 AM
The info in Daniel's mind awakens and he becomes an omniscient human.

Hybridbabe
March 4th, 2006, 10:32 AM
After thinking about it tonight, I'm going to have to go with MarshAngel on this one. That would be devestating for Daniel if he was put into a position where he had to kill Vala's child, for him and for Vala. It would drive a painfully obvious wedge between them, no matter what.

Think about it: He had to help and save the child of one woman he was involved with (Sha're), and now he's put into a semi-similar situation with Vala and her child. ANd he's not the same Daniel as he was before.

Commander Ivanova
March 4th, 2006, 11:07 AM

Wait, I forgot the most obvious one! Daniel gives up coffee, or worse, switches to decaff. :S

Cherriey
March 4th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Wait, I forgot the most obvious one! Daniel gives up coffee, or worse, switches to decaff. :S
Or (to take this a step further *shiver*) he becomes a prima dona wanting only iced mocha locachino frappawappa cocoa shakes and only dressing in chiffon and lace. *runs away screaming*

JUNIOR
March 5th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Daniel gets hooked on roshnah and has to go to rehab. He gets better then relapses during the second half of the season and has to go back.

GearheadSG1
March 5th, 2006, 08:44 PM
my money is on he get gets killed by a prior, and ascends in front of the prior, after the prior says ''ill kill you and i shall rise to the flame of enlightenmight''...kills daniel, daniel ascends and the prior is killed...how ironic, and how brilliant an exit.
Yea, i AM BETTING ON THAT TOO. The producers have in fact hinted at a sad goodbye for one cast member in S 10...... It could wind up being Daniel Jackson... But I SURELY HOPE NOT!!

eri-chan
March 6th, 2006, 02:44 AM
but daniel is only going to be gone for 4 eps in season 10 right? so i don't think that would happen to him, but its kinda coool. i'd be pretty impressed if it turned out that way though. then maybe he can convince the ancients to help out when the ori can't really do much in the way of interferring themselves. :daniel:

i wouldn't be surprised if daniel advocated for killing vala's baby, but i don't think that's going to work out. i'm still blank on ideas of what might happen next season. for some reason i don't think the controversial arc would have something to do with the russians and chinese. it's already in daniel's character to jump ship when he think's that there's a better way to do things and the path his walking doesn't just cut it. i think it would definately be something shocking on his character. i was surprised when he advocated for killing off anubis' son (i've forgotten his name) but then i could see his point of view.:daniel09:

joshuaselig
March 6th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Hmm, how about the death being "Walter"? :D

Seriously, I think it is possible that he has to deal with Vala's child and ends up in a position of either advocating killing her or perhaps he does ascend after downloading knowledge from the repository in other words did an O'Neill.

Frankly I have no idea :P

eri-chan
March 6th, 2006, 05:22 PM
thinking about the next character death in sg1... my money's on bra'tac. jacob's already gone and in my eyes, those two were on the same level of importance.

i very much doubt that vala or her baby will die in season 10. maybe he does something to vala's hubby? hehe jealous rage here we come :daniel09:

Amanda Eros
March 6th, 2006, 05:42 PM
If they are going to kill off anyone it's going to be Sam. They have their female replacement for her so I wouldn't be surpised about that.

Or they'll kill off Dr. Lam since Lexy is pregnate again.

LaCroix
March 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I was thinking ( really bad sign ), but with Anubis having built himself
one body, there maybe another somewhere.

So this time he allows the process to happen like in Prototype. So with his "help" they can fight the Ori. Something that Daniel has never thought of
working with the "enemy", as he sees it.

eri-chan
March 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
not very sure if i follow you there because there have been lots of instances where sg1 have worked with the goa'uld. :tealcanime49:

deadman
March 7th, 2006, 03:33 PM
maybe Daniel is going to get Vala pregnant after she has the baby. That controversial enough fo ya?

MarshAngel
March 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
maybe Daniel is going to get Vala pregnant after she has the baby. That controversial enough fo ya?
Yes, it would be. If only because it seems Daniel hasn't had sex in several years. It would be shocking.

Cherriey
March 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
If they are going to kill off anyone it's going to be Sam. They have their female replacement for her so I wouldn't be surpised about that.

Or they'll kill off Dr. Lam since Lexy is pregnate again.
Amanda is going to be hanging on until Olivia starts going to school probably.

Do we know what Lexa is going to have yet? =0) Obviously a baby, but is it a boy or a girl?

the fifth man
March 8th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Yes, it would be. If only because it seems Daniel hasn't had sex in several years. It would be shocking.

And it shows at times. It sure would help the guy unwind a bit.:)

Hybridbabe
March 8th, 2006, 04:36 AM
And it shows at times. It sure would help the guy unwind a bit.:)

I've always assumed that's why he's so uptight and cranky around Vala:

Celibate + No sex + Hot woman flirting with him + Hot woman is SINGLE + "Wounded bird" complex = Cranky Daniel.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!! :valaanime06:

(BTW, my wounded bird complex is what i call Daniel's total rejection of love due to being hurt so many times in relationships. Hell, his wife is snaked and dies, his girlfriend is snaked and she doesn't want anything to do with him, his other one night stands/flings don't want anything to do with him...)

Formerhost
March 8th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Amanda is going to be hanging on until Olivia starts going to school probably.

Do we know what Lexa is going to have yet? =0) Obviously a baby, but is it a boy or a girl?

I guess we'll soon find out, as she's going to have it at the end of March :)

FallenAngelII
March 8th, 2006, 05:32 AM
but daniel is only going to be gone for 4 eps in season 10 right? so i don't think that would happen to him, but its kinda coool. i'd be pretty impressed if it turned out that way though. then maybe he can convince the ancients to help out when the ori can't really do much in the way of interferring themselves. :daniel:

i wouldn't be surprised if daniel advocated for killing vala's baby, but i don't think that's going to work out. i'm still blank on ideas of what might happen next season. for some reason i don't think the controversial arc would have something to do with the russians and chinese. it's already in daniel's character to jump ship when he think's that there's a better way to do things and the path his walking doesn't just cut it. i think it would definately be something shocking on his character. i was surprised when he advocated for killing off anubis' son (i've forgotten his name) but then i could see his point of view.:daniel09:

I see nothing wrong in killing Kalek as he obviously was fishy what with the extra powers and almost-ascension.

And Daniel has too had sex. He and Jack are obviously canoodling like bunnies whenever they're offscreen.

Cherriey
March 8th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I guess we'll soon find out, as she's going to have it at the end of March :)
The good thing about Lexa being the one to have the baby is that we won't lose her entirely. It's fairly easy to write many episodes without showing the doctor herself but try doing that without Sam or Daniel! Possible but a whole heap more noticeable! =0)

A controversial arc... how about the fact that he's going to offer to 'un-indoctrinate' Toman so that the baby can have a father?

GoldenSG-1
March 8th, 2006, 02:17 PM
daniel gets pushed to the deep end and kills Dr. Lee in cold blood haha

Cherriey
March 9th, 2006, 02:58 PM
daniel gets pushed to the deep end and kills Dr. Lee in cold blood haha
The deep end of what?

JessM
March 11th, 2006, 11:32 AM

That's controversial, but I don't think he and Vala will get together. TPTB stated that there were no plans to ship ANYone in S10 - and I would think that would include Daniel and Vala.

Den Sethos
March 11th, 2006, 11:39 AM
He goes Legendary Super-Saiya-jin and needs a reprieve to get his souped-up powers under control...
Sorry, wrong show...
4 episodes without Daniel? Maybe he gets that little ride to Atlantis he so wished (and remains more than the time necessary to find the Merlin weapon).

NotAscended
March 11th, 2006, 11:52 AM
After watching Crusade and Daniel's minor obsession with getting Merlin's device, I tried to come up with something controversial for Daniel that would still be in character with other times he's gone against better judgement.

I wouldn't be surprised if after a few episodes of searching for Merlin's device, Daniel gets so fixated on finding that he does something foolish like he did on Abydos, when he told Jack to give up to Anubis and Anubis destroyed the planet. In other words, we'll be in the midst of a battle with the Ori that might actually be winnable, but he'll see the possibility of ending the war and give advice that results in terrible losses. However, unlike on Abydos, no one conveniently gets ascended, and Daniel has to deal with the fact that his decision doomed many, many people.

Den Sethos
March 11th, 2006, 11:54 AM
And he ends up as a constantly drunk wreck...

Cherriey
March 11th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Daniel will suddenly become obsessed with his firearm. (There he is, curled up in a corner of his apartment stroking the metallic boom-stick, "My, precious...")

Mattathias2.0
March 11th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Daniel has a thing for Mitchell...

Mattathias

atlantisrocks
March 11th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Daniel will suddenly become obsessed with his firearm. (There he is, curled up in a corner of his apartment stroking the metallic boom-stick, "My, precious...")
I tried to green you for that, but couldn't. Too funny!:D

TechnoBoY
March 11th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Daniel becomes old nerdy Daniel again! Before he came back and messed up the show!

the fifth man
March 11th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Daniel has a thing for Mitchell...

Mattathias

I'll just try and pretend I didn't see that.:)

JanusAncient
March 11th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Daniel will in fact show his true colors, he is Ori, so was Oma, and Merlin, millions of years ago they devised a plan to finally get rid of the Ancients.

I don't know, I know he zats a little girl, granted she is an Ori, someone who will probably ascend herself,he'll probably find out the truther about the Ancients, that it was in fact they who attempted to wipe out the Ori, as I suspect, that glowy showy want fool me.

AdamRLeggett
March 20th, 2006, 01:48 PM

I'm inclined to agree. I think Daniel is going to end up a Prior.

eri-chan
March 20th, 2006, 08:14 PM
daniel turning into a prior? no way! i can't ever imagine that happening to daniel, seems too smart for that to happen to him :daniel: although i can see him going against the sgc... but becoming a prior? no.

Liam Kincaid
March 21st, 2006, 10:04 AM
daniel turning into a prior? no way! i can't ever imagine that happening to daniel, seems too smart for that to happen to him :daniel: although i can see him going against the sgc... but becoming a prior? no.
Maybe he becomes a good prior, a "Prior of the Ancient's ?

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 10:11 AM
He gets a dog.

eri-chan
March 21st, 2006, 03:13 PM
Maybe he becomes a good prior, a "Prior of the Ancient's ?
heehee i can see that but i dont think its controversial enough

lol @ cherriey

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 07:03 PM
He becomes a goth.

eri-chan
March 22nd, 2006, 12:28 AM
he quits archeology and joins the military.

RyantheGreat
March 22nd, 2006, 01:39 AM
He finally admits he doesn't have a clue what any of these ancient languages say, and he's been making it up all along...

Cherriey
March 22nd, 2006, 07:14 AM
He pursues his dream of becoming a cefeteria worker.

Lonewolf
March 23rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
I think Daniel is the father of Carters Baby.. as Carter was Pregnent in Ripple effect (other universe). If you see the last few minutes of the episode "Ripple Effect" When they tell carter she was pregnent,(in the other universe) the people who tell her, look at Daniel funny.. like dude it was you!!

the fifth man
March 23rd, 2006, 01:41 PM
He gets a dog.

NNOOOOO!!!!!!:D Very controversial indeed!:)

Cherriey
March 23rd, 2006, 06:20 PM
He finds out that he's a clone.

Peoples_General
March 23rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
He wakes up from a very long sleep and we find out that it was all a dream. In reality he's a computer nerd who's in his 30s and lives with his mom, whom he dreamt of as Oma. :lol:

the fifth man
March 23rd, 2006, 08:50 PM
Maybe he'll decide to get a Lasik procedure.

knowsfords
March 24th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Maybe he'll decide to get a Lasik procedure.

Never!

TjomasC
March 24th, 2006, 02:26 AM
I'm thinking that maybe a couple of Ancients step out of line, and, like has already been said, turn him into a "prior of the Ancients" (although he doesn't turn into "I've been out of the sun WAY to long man").

The Ancients show him the knowledge, and he realise's truly what a threat they are. Going against his friendly Ancients who turned him into it, he goes berserk and attempts to destroy all of the Ori... the Ancients have to step in, and they de-prior him and send him to a lonly planet to reconsider what he did. SG1 then finds him a bit more darker and more haunted over what he did.

eri-chan
March 24th, 2006, 03:46 AM
I think Daniel is the father of Carters Baby.. as Carter was Pregnent in Ripple effect (other universe). If you see the last few minutes of the episode "Ripple Effect" When they tell carter she was pregnent,(in the other universe) the people who tell her, look at Daniel funny.. like dude it was you!!
lol didnt notice that :daniel:

but carter doesnt have a baby in s10. or maybe he gets her pregnant heehee :cameron:

Cherriey
March 24th, 2006, 07:25 AM
The Asurans replace him with one of their own that has copied him (on his visit to Atlantis of course) and thus the original replicators come to the Milky Way!

GhostPoet
March 24th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Daniel is going to somehow betray SG-1 (not like..killing his friends, but betraying their trust somehow) in order to save Vala. Maybe he joins the Ori briefly?

GhostPoet
March 24th, 2006, 12:24 PM

you know...I think you're right on.

I think he WILL join China's team for a while. Maybe as half diplomat for the US presence and also to help them wit his experience of off-world exploring.

Cherriey
March 24th, 2006, 03:20 PM
He undergoes a strange and painful operation.

RyantheGreat
March 24th, 2006, 03:58 PM
you know...I think you're right on.

I think he WILL join China's team for a while. Maybe as half diplomat for the US presence and also to help them wit his experience of off-world exploring.

You'll recall that the China ambassador wanted him in on the meeting between her, Landry, and the Russian...

the fifth man
March 24th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Personally, I'm not too concerned about losing Daniel to the Chinese.

finalphoenix
March 26th, 2006, 07:29 AM
This is my very first reply so bear with me but i thought daniel was on the russian ship when it exploded,so his controversial storyline could be,:cool: "The ori take him off the ship just before he's about to die just like oma did when the replicator ship was destroyed and offer him a deal.(A deal with the devil one could say)

Cherriey
March 28th, 2006, 07:31 AM
He visits the dentist and discovers that he has a cavity that is actually a miniature black hole that has been growing there since the odd non-events of Moebius.

Lonewolf
March 29th, 2006, 12:50 PM
You'll recall that the China ambassador wanted him in on the meeting between her, Landry, and the Russian...
Just wondering how you see that as Very Controversial? working for another goverment? i dont see that as Very Controversial.

Cherriey
March 29th, 2006, 08:35 PM
He gets a manicure and then goes shopping at the mall with Teal'c.

atlantisrocks
March 29th, 2006, 08:42 PM
He gets a manicure and then goes shopping at the mall with Teal'c.
With pink nail polish! :eek: :D

ThawkTH
March 29th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Perhaps when he finds what seems to be becoming known as "Merlin's Bling" he'll realize that to destroy the Ori he'd need to also wipe out the Ancients?

So maybe he'll either use it...or not. Both things that can be seen as controversial! Save who? At what expense?

Depends on the context used when explaining "controversial" I suppose.

Cherriey
March 30th, 2006, 07:15 AM
With pink nail polish! :eek: :D
No, bright green. =0)

Liam Kincaid
March 30th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Perhaps when he finds what seems to be becoming known as "Merlin's Bling" he'll realize that to destroy the Ori he'd need to also wipe out the Ancients?

So maybe he'll either use it...or not. Both things that can be seen as controversial! Save who? At what expense?

Depends on the context used when explaining "controversial" I suppose.

Then, after wiping out both the Ori and the Ancients, he turns Merlin's weapon against - - - - - The Powers That Be!

Cherriey
March 31st, 2006, 07:57 AM
He gets dreds.

eri-chan
March 31st, 2006, 08:53 AM
He gets dreds.
then goes to atlantis and people start to get confused between him and ronon

Cherriey
April 2nd, 2006, 08:31 PM
He gets lavendar tinted glasses.

the fifth man
April 2nd, 2006, 08:34 PM
He gets lavendar tinted glasses.

Say it isn't so!!!:danielanime08:

Personally, my money is still on him getting Lasik done.:)

Cherriey
April 2nd, 2006, 08:48 PM
I don't even know what that means!

He begins to morph into a squirrel in small unnoticable stages.

J_schinderlin56
April 4th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Merlin: Oh, The blood stone was just a trick to keep the ori from finding the real waepon.
Daniel: Well the Ori are invadeing our planet and we need some kind of defence, like now.
Zerela(Merlin's wife): Why don't you give him--The Book
Music: Dododo dododo
Merlin:The Book?
Tom Servo: Dododo dododo
Zerela:Yes the book, your book
Merlin: Mr. Cooper, I believe I have somethig for you.
Mitchel: My name's not Cooper, it's Mitchel
(Merlin Pulles out a book)
Daniel: It looks like--- a little book.
Tom Servo: Dododo dododo
Merlin: Yes, it's a book of Magic!

Cherriey
April 4th, 2006, 05:12 PM
He joins the military. Better late than never. =0)

GaterGina71
April 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM
The thing I am wondering about is the word "controversial". Is is controversial for Daniel's character, or controversial in the sense that it may not bode well with some fans? Anywho...
I keep thinking of Shifu, and Daniel may try to get him to help out. If Shifu has all the knowledge of the Goauld (sp, sorry) wouldn't he know something that could help, since the Goauld have stolen most of thier tech from the Ancients?
Or....Daniel has to choose between killing Vala's child or letting the Ori use her to reek havoc? She is basically to the Ori what Shifu was to the Goauld. Or he could try to get all the Ori intel from her, ie torture etc...
There are so many ways this could go...just hope it ends well.

the fifth man
April 9th, 2006, 12:02 AM
...just hope it ends well.

I think that all of us Daniel fans would totally agree with that one.:)

TechnoBoY
April 9th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I hope he dies.

the fifth man
April 9th, 2006, 07:41 PM
I hope he dies.

No offense, but are you nuts??? I don't think so.

AYKP_Colds
April 9th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Im not exactly up to date with where it says that DJ will be gone for 4 episodes, but for those who say he can't die cos its only 4 eps - what if its the last 4 in the series?

As for the controversial arc, he'll most probably wipe out a planet or two, whether he's ascended or whether he's got some superweapon.

Alternatively, he could manage to not get drunk on one beer....
Or invite everyone fishing....

Linkinparkgundam
April 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I hope he dies.

That and Jack and Sam getting together would be a nice end to SG-1.

But then again, Daniel always wanted to go to Alantis.... Oh, well you can't always get what you want....

nyxlily
April 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I've refrained from posting here as the thread seemed to have turned quite silly, but, at last, more serious theories! I personally don't have any specific ideas on what this controversy could be, but I'd love to see more ideas and perhaps discuss how/why it is/is not feasible.

As to people who wants Daniel to die.. I don't know what to say to that!

Lonewolf
April 10th, 2006, 12:37 PM
It’s probably To activate the Merlin weapons to see if it works the in the MW which would kill the Ancients in the process or try to get it to the Orion Galaxy some how and risk the Ori getting the weapon.

IcyNeko
April 10th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Well, as we seemed to have gone crazy with a "ZOMG IS NEUTRALIZING THE ORII INFLUENCE IN THE HUMAN PLAIN OF EXISTENCE LIKE GENOCIDE?!?!?!!11one", maybe that's the controversy... that, like the jaffa, if the priors were stripped of their gods, they'd die quickly.

NotAscended
April 11th, 2006, 07:23 AM
It’s probably To activate the Merlin weapons to see if it works the in the MW which would kill the Ancients in the process or try to get it to the Orion Galaxy some how and risk the Ori getting the weapon.

I really like this theory, because it would put Daniel in one of those very serious no-win situations with the type of moral quandry that MS portrays so well. There's been lots of spec on how one could activate a weapon that messes with ascended beings without harming our ancients. If it turns out that the only way to defeat the Ori is to also eliminate our own good ancients, it would put Daniel in the position of determining whether all his friends from Abydos as well as Oma would continue to exist.

Even if the weapon only wiped out the Ori, Daniel would also be very conflicted about that. He always wants to reason with the enemy and change their mind, not wipe them out. I think his controversial arc may very well have something to do with the use of Merlin's weapon.

GhostPoet
April 11th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I think it'll end with both the Orii and the Ancients dying.

Formerhost
April 11th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Im not exactly up to date with where it says that DJ will be gone for 4 episodes, but for those who say he can't die cos its only 4 eps - what if its the last 4 in the series?

As for the controversial arc, he'll most probably wipe out a planet or two, whether he's ascended or whether he's got some superweapon.

Alternatively, he could manage to not get drunk on one beer....
Or invite everyone fishing....

Michael Shanks took 2 weeks off (or slightly more, I don't know how long filming of one episode lasts) during filming episodes 4 and 5, because at the end of March Lexa Doig (Michael's wife) gave birth to their second baby. He's also going to miss another 2 episodes in the summer, they're probably going to be second half of the season episodes, but definitely not the last two, as the filming of the season is going to end in October.

I wonder whether this controversial arc has something to do with Vala's daughter Adria

Lonewolf
April 11th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I really like this theory, because it would put Daniel in one of those very serious no-win situations with the type of moral quandry that MS portrays so well. There's been lots of spec on how one could activate a weapon that messes with ascended beings without harming our ancients. If it turns out that the only way to defeat the Ori is to also eliminate our own good ancients, it would put Daniel in the position of determining whether all his friends from Abydos as well as Oma would continue to exist.

Even if the weapon only wiped out the Ori, Daniel would also be very conflicted about that. He always wants to reason with the enemy and change their mind, not wipe them out. I think his controversial arc may very well have something to do with the use of Merlin's weapon.
We will have to wait and see, But that made sense to me after the Asgard said in the last episode of 9 ,how he stated, that we activate the weapon and send it thru the Supergate before the Ori activate the gate.
Made me think....
They would have killed all the Ascended in the MW , before they sent it thru the gate.

IcyNeko
April 11th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I think it'll end with both the Orii and the Ancients dying.
Except that no one's dying. Only their connection to this plain is neutralized. For the Ancients, they could care less.

Although.. if we follow the previously suggested lines of thought...

iF Daniel did turn on the device here... and the ancients were nullified, there would be nothing stopping the Ori from coming into the MW and Pegasus.

TechnoBoY
April 11th, 2006, 01:21 PM
No offense, but are you nuts??? I don't think so.

Its cause I blame his return to the subparness of recent Stargates. S6 had Jonas and we were all finally getting used to him and it seemed like they had some ideas about this advanced human thing going on. Then DJ/MS comes back and S7 is when the show just didnt feel right anymore. Ya know? I dunno, for me the show just changed after he came back in S7 and I didnt like this change.

For my Jack and Sam are over. He has left the show. I dunno why the writers ditched Sam and thats his face. Its just kinda pointless now anyways. Meh.

the fifth man
April 11th, 2006, 02:38 PM
I wonder whether this controversial arc has something to do with Vala's daughter Adria

It very well could. At this point, anything is still possible.

Lord Shiva
April 12th, 2006, 12:17 AM

Yes! Daniel Jackson will have homosexual feelings for Teal'c and the two of them will explore their masculinity together.

I know, I know... when I first heard about it I was like "what?!?"

nyxlily
April 12th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Very good theory put forth by Lonewolf and expanded by NotAscended! It would put Daniel in a difficult situation, killing the Ori at the expense of another race, *could* he do it? Especially when that race is the Ancients and given his experiences with them. Others might not see it as it being a question at all though, remembering their lack of concern for the lives of every being in the ENTIRE Milkyway Galaxy. The Ancients were willing to let them die to punish ONE of their own, now if the only course of action lead to their extinction in the MW, I think some wouldn't hesitate. Of course, that might just be another point of concern for the entire 'controversial' arc.

While this is a very possible theory, which part of it would allow MS to miss two episodes in a row? How would this affect Daniel in a way that would allow him to not be there for those episodes?

GaterGina71
April 12th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I've been thinking about it more and another possible story is the Ancients are the bad guys, which is why they don't meddle in our affairs, except for Oma and Daniel, which is why they both got in trouble with the Ancients. The ancients could want us to destroy ourselves, or let someone destroy us which is why they have not interferred with the Ori. So the controversy can come up when Daniel realizes he took part in thier games, knows they need to be destroyed but doesn't want to do away with the people of Abydos.

Gekko!
April 14th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Hey, I was thinking about peoples idea that he would have to wipe out the ancients to get rid of the ori. Would it just be the orii in our galaxy that would be "killed"? because I cant see every ori in the universe being defeated by it this season 'cos I can't see TPTB gettin rid of the ori this soon, it would be a bit disappointing if they were defeated within 2 seasons. It would still be a good plot though.

GhostPoet
April 14th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Since we know the Ori are in this for the long haul..that means the weapon won't be the end all. (infact, I think it will only be able to protect earth from invasion, but no one elses planets)

Anyway...I am almost fully convinced now that Daniel will join China's program for a little while. That's the arc.

the fifth man
April 14th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Anyway...I am almost fully convinced now that Daniel will join China's program for a little while. That's the arc.

I don't know. I just don't see Daniel leaving the SGC, not with the stakes as high as they are now.

Dark Monarch
April 15th, 2006, 05:08 AM
I don't know. I just don't see Daniel leaving the SGC, not with the stakes as high as they are now.

I don't see a motive in joining a Chinese stargate program for Daniel. It would be a huge backstep for him to join a program that is just up and running. The SGC has allies and resources that no one else on Earth has and Daniel know that to fight The Ori he needs to be where he as always been.

There is also his loyalty to Teal'c and Carter that goes very very deep. With all they have been thru together they probably share a bond that is beyond friendship and beyond family.

Gal-in-Black
April 15th, 2006, 04:45 PM
what if he hooks up with Vala for real....hmmm
:vala: :daniel:

the fifth man
April 16th, 2006, 12:30 AM
what if he hooks up with Vala for real....hmmm
:vala: :daniel:

The attraction is undeniable.:) :valaanime04: :daniel:

Gal-in-Black
April 16th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I agree..they need to be together...(Vala=DJ= Love)

nyxlily
April 16th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Arg! Why why why WHY why do people have this need to pair characters together? I just don't understand. Not to offend anyone, it's just one of.. actually, my biggest pet peeve. The biggest disappointment the new season could possibly bring to me would be another romantic entanglement between the main casts. I've already given up the Sam/Jack thing as a lost cause, especially reading the latest in regards to next year. Wow, I guess this would be a possible controversial arc, for me at least. I just wish the writers could see that friendships have as much, if not more, potential than a random romance.

the fifth man
April 16th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Personally, I don't "need" a relationship between Daniel and Vala. If it happens, it happens. That's my take on it really.

eri-chan
April 17th, 2006, 09:14 AM
with both of the above on the daniel/vala... she clearly wants to get in his pants but he's not like that :b dont like the pairing much, i thought it was too random in prometheus unbound to begin with.

CBloom
April 17th, 2006, 12:53 PM
:daniel: Can't see that Daniel and Vala getting together is very controversial! Probably a third of fans expect it anyway - but not me! I really don't think that SG-1 needs any real romance in it!

I have absolutely no idea what the controversial arc for the season could be - so I really don't want to speculate!
Can't wait to see it though! As long as he doesn't:
a) Die
b) Leave his friends
c) Go off the rails!

Doesn't leave much though, does it? :)

keli76
April 17th, 2006, 01:14 PM
i'd like to see daniel get with some one ( preferably me ) but thats not gonna happen, I think ....
1, He's gonna turn to the dark side
2, maybe be brainwashed by Vala's evil spawn
3, or die

But please not the last, so many suggestions, lots running around in my head ( but most involving me n him, and thats not what u're lookin for , believe me !)

eri-chan
April 18th, 2006, 02:18 AM
lol daniel has to 'die' at least once this season. :daniel:

or maybe the controversy is that he doesnt 'die' at all?!?!?!

Lonewolf
April 18th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Hey, I was thinking about peoples idea that he would have to wipe out the ancients to get rid of the ori. Would it just be the orii in our galaxy that would be "killed"? because I cant see every ori in the universe being defeated by it this season 'cos I can't see TPTB gettin rid of the ori this soon, it would be a bit disappointing if they were defeated within 2 seasons. It would still be a good plot though.

The Asgard description of the weapon kills all acended beings, now if the thought is if the weapon is turned on (powered up) in the Milky Way then sent to the ORI galaxy to kill them. So if you activate the machine to even see if it works you would kill the ancients, (no Ori in the MW only priors). I think this helps explain it:

I really like this theory, because it would put Daniel in one of those very serious no-win situations with the type of moral quandary that MS portrays so well. There's been lots of spec on how one could activate a weapon that messes with ascended beings without harming our ancients. If it turns out that the only way to defeat the Ori is to also eliminate our own good ancients, it would put Daniel in the position of determining whether all his friends from Abydos as well as Oma would continue to exist.

As for them being destroyed in second season with ori, well click the link to read about ori’s stated in a article (note spoilers if ya go there)
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/04/oriforcesg-1tostartfromscr.shtml

Despite the promise of an "anti-Ori weapon" late in the recent season, don't expect a quick resolution to the ominous new threat to the Milky Way. The Ori are here for the long-haul.

"Season Ten is about the Ori sweeping through our galaxy, and us kind of having to start from scratch again and finding technology and resources and allies that we can use to fight against them. It puts us back at square one, so to speak."

Cherriey
April 23rd, 2006, 05:29 PM
He has the same opperation that bumbling stupid Adam had in last Friday's Dr. Who episode. =0)

the fifth man
April 23rd, 2006, 07:34 PM
He has the same opperation that bumbling stupid Adam had in last Friday's Dr. Who episode. =0)

?????????? Sorry, I'm clueless on that one.

Cherriey
April 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
?????????? Sorry, I'm clueless on that one.
heheh... Does anyone have pics of that? =0)

IMForeman
April 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Spoilers for "Camelot" and "The DaVinci Code."

Well, Daniel is said to be looking for the Sangrael, otherwise known as The Holy Grail. This kind of impinges on Christian legend of the Grail. If they take a tack similar to Dan Brown's assertions of the Grail in The DaVinci Code, that the Grail is something other than the cup of Christ, then that could have a level of controversy. It seems that it is supposed to be a weapon in the Stargate reality. Made by Merlin. Not the cup of Christ at all. Not as controversial as saying it's the remains of Mary Magdalene, but still...

Cherriey
April 26th, 2006, 08:27 PM
An unsightly rash appears on Daniel's forehead.

Liam Kincaid
April 27th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Spoilers for "Camelot" and "The DaVinci Code."

Well, Daniel is said to be looking for the Sangrael, otherwise known as The Holy Grail. This kind of impinges on Christian legend of the Grail. If they take a tack similar to Dan Brown's assertions of the Grail in The DaVinci Code, that the Grail is something other than the cup of Christ, then that could have a level of controversy. It seems that it is supposed to be a weapon in the Stargate reality. Made by Merlin. Not the cup of Christ at all. Not as controversial as saying it's the remains of Mary Magdalene, but still...

Maybe Daniel is the Grail?

Jakebbq
April 28th, 2006, 12:34 AM
1. Daniels threatens to kill Cam if Jack doesnt come back and as soon as Jack is back daniel kill cam.

or

2. Daniel hits his head and all the knowledge he had when he was ascended comes back and makes him as Powerful as Adria and they have a one on one duel daniel kills adria and has a break down forcing the asgard to erase the knowledge from his mind or Adria wins and Vala gets pissed and kills adria herself because she loved daniel.

or

3. daniel starts to ascend and the sgc personel run the stargate off daniel being pure energy and all then dial the ori galaxy and send thousands of mark IX naquadah inhanced nuclear warheads.

bye bye ori

BackStageJim
April 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Toss the PhD and joins the Military ... Jack shudders!

Leaves Earth for Coffee Shop where they have great flap jacks

Takes command from Mitchell

Dies! Oh wait, what was I drinking last night! Been there, have the T-shirt.

Jakebbq
June 9th, 2006, 12:15 AM
OYG i Just read a spoiler for season 10

Daniel becomes a prior

Pharaoh Atem
June 9th, 2006, 05:56 PM

Daniel becomes a prior well there is someone with a sig that says massive season 10 spoiler but it's a joke involving daniel

the fifth man
June 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
It's definitely going to be interesting to see what TPTB do with this Daniel arc. Will SG-1 be able to turn him completely back into the Daniel we all know and love, or will he be changed forever in at least some way? All I know is, I sure can't wait to find out.:)

Lord Shiva
June 9th, 2006, 10:34 PM

Daniel becomes a prior

I haven't really read any spoilers but I couldn't help check yours out... if it's true...

It can work. In Star Wars Dark Empire (comic miniseries set 10 years after ANH), Luke embraces the Dark Side believing that he can fight the darkness within him to destroy the Emperor once and for all... but perhaps like Daniel, he was overconfident because he was the "best Jedi" in the galaxy... sort of like Daniel has Ascended, so he feels he won't fall to the Will of the Ori. And just like Skywalker, he'll need someone to help pull him back to the Light Side (Leia for Luke, Vala for Daniel).

I'm just sayin' :)

Jakebbq
June 10th, 2006, 03:24 AM
there is only one thing i can say to that :indeed:

Liam Kincaid
June 10th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I haven't really read any spoilers but I couldn't help check yours out... if it's true...

It can work. In Star Wars Dark Empire (comic miniseries set 10 years after ANH), Luke embraces the Dark Side believing that he can fight the darkness within him to destroy the Emperor once and for all... but perhaps like Daniel, he was overconfident because he was the "best Jedi" in the galaxy... sort of like Daniel has Ascended, so he feels he won't fall to the Will of the Ori. And just like Skywalker, he'll need someone to help pull him back to the Light Side (Leia for Luke, Vala for Daniel).

I don't think that Daniel seeming to become a Prior needs to mean that he has gone "dark". Both the Ancients and the Ori seem each to be evil in their own separate ways. Perhaps Daniel has figured out a way to outmaneuver them both.

the fifth man
June 10th, 2006, 10:49 PM

I like that idea, and nice comparison.:) But, I don't think Vala will be all it takes to win him back. It will probably take the combined efforts of SG-1. Afterall, Sam and Teal'c are two of his closest friends as well.

eri-chan
June 10th, 2006, 11:07 PM

Daniel becomes a prior

where did you find that from? or are you just stirring us ?

the fifth man
June 10th, 2006, 11:21 PM
where did you find that from? or are you just stirring us ?

No, it's official. Look on the GateWorld main page under spoilers for "The Shroud". Better yet, here's a link to it for you. http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/06/firstdetailsonisg-1isthesh.shtml

B O Y S C O U T
June 11th, 2006, 12:51 AM
I like that idea, and nice comparison.:) But, I don't think Vala will be all it takes to win him back. It will probably take the combined efforts of SG-1. Afterall, Sam and Teal'c are two of his closest friends as well.

i think they might need for jack to help them out there...

Cherriey
June 11th, 2006, 05:18 AM
He refuses to eat for five episodes.

eri-chan
June 11th, 2006, 06:52 AM
No, it's official. Look on the GateWorld main page under spoilers for "The Shroud". Better yet, here's a link to it for you. http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/06/firstdetailsonisg-1isthesh.shtml

whoah.
thats kinda scary now. i kinda refused to read spoilers for that so i dont look out for it.. but now i have. whoah.. kinda cool tho. i didnt think tptb would do it to him. i wonder if adria brings him to that point. how the heck does he get to that!?

arg now i have something to wait at least 6 months for :mckay:

Cherriey
June 11th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I'll never look at him the same again!

the fifth man
June 11th, 2006, 12:35 PM
arg now i have something to wait at least 6 months for :mckay:

I'm sure it will be worth the wait though.:)

Harekin
June 11th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Im seriously disappointed that they do that to Danny boy and after pulling a stunt like that I think Ill be posting in the Anti-Season 11 thread starting 2007.

BC - 303
June 11th, 2006, 05:19 PM
i dont think he becomes a prior of the Ori, i think thats a mis interpritation in spoilers or in SG1, hearing "prior" and automaticly thinking "ori".
I think he might become an anceint prior, recuiting people to assend so that when the ori do come, there is enough man power to give them a good fight. and to "power up" the Ancients by worshiping them.

SpikeBad
June 11th, 2006, 05:48 PM
i dont think he becomes a prior of the Ori, i think thats a mis interpritation in spoilers or in SG1, hearing "prior" and automaticly thinking "ori".
I think he might become an anceint prior, recuiting people to assend so that when the ori do come, there is enough man power to give them a good fight. and to "power up" the Ancients by worshiping them.

That's actually not a bad idea. If the Ori can make priors then why can't the Ancients do the same as well. I find that idea very intriguing.

knowles2
June 11th, 2006, 07:03 PM
it does say in the spoilers that the prior give them softy softy sell of the ori religion. Also from the spoiler it seemed that they was not exspecting to encounter him so that must mean he probably dies yet again but only to be bought back by adria and probably have his mind erase in the progress to but it could that they just was not exspecting him to be turn into a prior.

Well that my take on the spoilers anyway.

the fifth man
June 11th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Im seriously disappointed that they do that to Danny boy and after pulling a stunt like that I think Ill be posting in the Anti-Season 11 thread starting 2007.

Why don't you give it a chance and see how it plays out first? This could turn out to be an awesome story arc for this show.

nyxlily
June 11th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Hey, on the bright side, at least he acknowledged the possibility of an 11th season! :D

Cherriey
June 12th, 2006, 05:17 AM
I'm not too worried about it. I mean, an arc implies a temporary adventure for a particular character or story that will come back to the main stream once it's finished. I'll be interested to see not only how they get him back but also how the experience effects him.

Smegger56
June 12th, 2006, 08:17 AM

Actually, Enterprise did happen. It is TREK cannon. That final episode was used for Riker to come to a decision about telling Picard about the federation cloaking device (if you remember that season 7 TNG episode). Riker needed guidence, so he used the federation history database to bring up the events of the fianl episode.

About Danny boy and the you know what arc, WOW. That's a shocking, yet intrigueing bit of news. I look forward to seeing it.

nyxlily
June 12th, 2006, 10:09 AM
To those who are interested, there's an entire ongoing thread dedicated to this episode!

Harekin
June 12th, 2006, 10:39 AM
I think they are attempting to kill off an actor who is getting paid too much due to his being in it so long. The budget cant take him thats the only reason they wrote that crap.

Ltcolshepjumper
June 12th, 2006, 11:31 AM

But it said he was preaching Origin

scarimor
June 12th, 2006, 11:51 AM

*whimper *

jo90
June 12th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Daniel is Merlin. Jack is Arthur. Clone Jack is Jack. You'll see.;)

Harekin
June 12th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Daniel is Merlin. Jack is Arthur. Clone Jack is Jack. You'll see.;)
I have no clue as to the validity of this statement to the ongoing discussion.

the fifth man
June 12th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I think they are attempting to kill off an actor who is getting paid too much due to his being in it so long. The budget cant take him thats the only reason they wrote that crap.

They have made no indication that they'll be killing off Daniel on the show. Just that they're making him a Prior. The team will find a way to help him in the end.

eri-chan
June 12th, 2006, 11:09 PM
hey what happened to the spoiler tags on this thread? someone should change the topic to warn for spoilers. it did start out as a speculation thread afterall.

and i agree with what fifth man says. but i wonder how they do it?

The Engineer
June 13th, 2006, 02:19 AM
i wonder how they do it?
So am I.

Davidtourniquet
June 13th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Unless it's not our Daniel Jackson, but one the Ori made out of his DNA, a copy but one that believes in the path of origin. Because I can't see Daniel becoming a prior, after that whole choice speech at the beginning of season 9.

tmp23
June 13th, 2006, 09:28 PM
hello,

I don't think anyone is happy with the concept of Daniel being a prior for the Ori. I believe that too, it makes no sense, it goes against everything he believes in, who he is and what he stands for. This has to be an impostor that the ori conjured up to pretend to be Daniel. Hey if there can be a replicator Carter then there could be an ori Jackson. Anyway, this would ruin the principals of the character, Oma did say to Daniel- as I remember reminding all in other similar threads; "All that matters is whether you are good or evil" Daniel just isn't evil or he never would have ascended.

the fifth man
June 13th, 2006, 09:44 PM
hello,

I don't think anyone is happy with the concept of Daniel being a prior for the Ori. I believe that too, it makes no sense, it goes against everything he believes in, who he is and what he stands for. This has to be an impostor that the ori conjured up to pretend to be Daniel. Hey if there can be a replicator Carter then there could be an ori Jackson. Anyway, this would ruin the principals of the character, Oma did say to Daniel- as I remember reminding all in other similar threads; "All that matters is whether you are good or evil" Daniel just isn't evil or he never would have ascended.

Now, you shouldn't make that statement about no one being happy with this concept. This could be a very well done arc. Especially if Daniel is somehow seduced by the Ori, or is under mind control of some sort. Yes, this move goes against everything we've known Daniel to stand for. But that's why this is so intriguing. What could make him take such measures?? That question is what has me so interested.:)

nyxlily
June 13th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Exactly as Fifth Man says. It's just so puzzling and there are already tons of possibilities discussed in another thread. I, for one, am excited to see how this arc turns out. In the beginning of the season, Daniel said -nothing- could convince him to convert to the Ori's way of thinking.. so what could possibly have made him take the step to become a Prior? I really can't wait to see it : ) I am an optimist and I believe it won't disappoint.. but who knows.

Pitry
June 14th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Now, you shouldn't make that statement about no one being happy with this concept. This could be a very well done arc. Especially if Daniel is somehow seduced by the Ori, or is under mind control of some sort. Yes, this move goes against everything we've known Daniel to stand for. But that's why this is so intriguing. What could make him take such measures?? That question is what has me so interested.:)

Problem is SG1 writers usually don't go for stories that are as dark as this could potentially go - which I would love seeing (yeah, I'm happy with the concept...). I suspect I'll end up enjoying the speculation on the story arc much more than the execution itself... but I'm hopeful. S9 has been quite darker than previous ones.

..And yeah, it's becoming confusing with all them threads! hehe.

Harekin
June 14th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Maybe he's simply using it as a way to ascend again? He has to play along to fool the Ori maybe? Im hoping for something like that cos them simply saying Daniel changes his mind is bu11$h1t.

the fifth man
June 15th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Maybe he's simply using it as a way to ascend again? He has to play along to fool the Ori maybe? Im hoping for something like that cos them simply saying Daniel changes his mind is bu11$h1t.

I'm positive that this change will be for reasons other than Daniel just "changing his mind." I'd almost be willing to bet money on that. Note that I say "almost".:)

Cherriey
June 15th, 2006, 05:24 AM
When Garik became a prior it didn't really look like he was given a choice. Becoming a prior almost seemed to be what the did to convince him. It's safe to say that those who become priors might now always WANT to.

wanderingbynight
June 15th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I was just thinking the same thing about Gerak! The prior just took his mind to Celestis and bam! (almost) instant prior. That seems alot more likely to me than Danial choosing to become one for any reason.

BC - 303
June 17th, 2006, 03:20 AM
He becomes he Sith of the darkside, AKA Prior of the Ori.
And Skara comes as an assended and goes "I am your Brother in law"
"nooooo"

Harekin
June 17th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Gerak had already pretty much expressed his wish to follow the Ori tho, he just had a small doubt.

Cherriey
June 17th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Gerak had already pretty much expressed his wish to follow the Ori tho, he just had a small doubt.
That doesn't mean they're above making someone a Prior who doesn't believe.

Harekin
June 17th, 2006, 05:19 AM
However it is said that he preaches Origin.