Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching "the scourge" and

Spoiler:
    the chinese ambassador said that what if China had the stargate first would daniel go with china? and daniel said "if they explore worlds and help earth sure he'd be at china"maybe he will go to china for a while
    the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser
      They reveal that Daniel Jackson is in fact Chris Benoit,the WWE wrestler (with Shanks' glasses off, they look eerily similar)

no they don't, they look nothing a like.

Daniel should become a prior or something.
      i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenSG-1

Spoiler:
        the chinese ambassador said that what if China had the stargate first would daniel go with china? and daniel said "if they explore worlds and help earth sure he'd be at china"maybe he will go to china for a while
        I wonder if that bit was foreshadowing or red herring. If Daniel is going in some controversial direction, I find it hard to believe it would be by leaving the SG program when he sees the Ori as such a threat. Unless ... TPTB come up with some way for him to personally take on the Ori by leaving the SGC. Unfortunately, I don't have enough imagination to come up with a scenario for that.

I think it would be very controversial for Daniel to start advocating extreme military actions rather than diplomacy. For most of the series, Daniel has been something of a cultural relativist and has always tried to talk their way out of problems. However, in some recent episodes, he's been leaning toward a more confrontational approach that seems in conflict with his core values. This subtle change has been commented upon in a number of threads on this board, and that change may be a foreshadowing of a darker Daniel who is willing to do more extreme things in the face of the Ori threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasa
          Any ideas about what this potentially very contreversial arc for daniel in season 10 could be ???
          Maybe he'll funnel info and technology to the Chinese?
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
            This subtle change has been commented upon in a number of threads on this board, and that change may be a foreshadowing of a darker Daniel who is willing to do more extreme things in the face of the Ori threat.

hehe imagine daniel breaking the necks of the ori or going all sheppard crazy like he did with "steve" the wraith and just shooting the P90
            the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
              I wonder if that bit was foreshadowing or red herring. If Daniel is going in some controversial direction, I find it hard to believe it would be by leaving the SG program when he sees the Ori as such a threat. Unless ... TPTB come up with some way for him to personally take on the Ori by leaving the SGC. Unfortunately, I don't have enough imagination to come up with a scenario for that.

I think it would be very controversial for Daniel to start advocating extreme military actions rather than diplomacy. For most of the series, Daniel has been something of a cultural relativist and has always tried to talk their way out of problems. However, in some recent episodes, he's been leaning toward a more confrontational approach that seems in conflict with his core values. This subtle change has been commented upon in a number of threads on this board, and that change may be a foreshadowing of a darker Daniel who is willing to do more extreme things in the face of the Ori threat.

That sounds interesting. I was just wondering though, in a recent episode didn't SG-1 obtain a few gates when they were beamed off of Ba'als ship? Does anyone think that the Chinese Government would probably demand to have one of these gates and start their own Stargate program, like the Russians did before? I don't know, just a theory. Though what is the United States going to do with all these gates? I don't recall them saying they will return them or something to the original planets.

Comment

Personally, I still just think the "darker" Daniel we may see in season 10 will be one willing to take drastic measures in regards to stopping the Ori. Daniel has always advocated trying to make peace whenever possible, but he may come to the realization that will never work in combating the Ori threat. He may advocate killing Ori followers.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Personally, I still just think the "darker" Daniel we may see in season 10 will be one willing to take drastic measures in regards to stopping the Ori. Daniel has always advocated trying to make peace whenever possible, but he may come to the realization that will never work in combating the Ori threat. He may advocate killing Ori followers.
                  i think that's what i'd like to see with this 'darker' daniel storyline.

we know that daniel is a good and caring man, but how far would he go to keep the peace of the galaxy? you know that wonderful Spock saying: 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one' - well, daniel might think that way now...

i don't want to see the good and loving daniel go the way of his (mis)deeds, but i wouldn't mind seeing his back pushed against the wall and him playing by different rules. and regretting it.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i think that's what i'd like to see with this 'darker' daniel storyline.

we know that daniel is a good and caring man, but how far would he go to keep the peace of the galaxy? you know that wonderful Spock saying: 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one' - well, daniel might think that way now...

i don't want to see the good and loving daniel go the way of his (mis)deeds, but i wouldn't mind seeing his back pushed against the wall and him playing by different rules. and regretting it.

sally

I know exactly what you mean. It would probably be one of the hardest moves in his life. It would be something to see, I'll tell you that.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe it has something to do with the Chinese attempt at taking over stargate operations.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif Blade
                        Though what is the United States going to do with all these gates? I don't recall them saying they will return them or something to the original planets.

I thought that the whole point was that they were going to return the gates to the original planets.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                          Leave your personal fetishes back home under the rock, if you don't mind.

The arc will probably be none of the things discussed here.
                          He is going to go off to help China with its stargate program.
                          Christopher H.
                          Stargate Atlantis Fan
                          WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                            Maybe it has something to do with the Chinese attempt at taking over stargate operations.
                            i thought about that too; like daniel deciding to side with them instead of the US. the only thing i could imagine him doing that for is if the chinese say (without a doubt) that they're going to use the gate for exploration and good. or, they give him literal carte blanche to the stargate program and he can't resist...

but i'm still want it to be something that daniel thinks is for the good of the world or something, but later realizes that it isn't and... he's already went over the line.

i'm afraid, though, that *our* ideas will put the writers ideas to shame. watch is be something like daniel waters down his coffee and gets irritable and yells at sam.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenSG-1

Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              I do think that Daniel's conversation with the chinese ambassabor has something to do with the arc. Remember, Daniel was agreeing with a good part of what she had to say. Also, remember his argument with Mitchell earlier in the episode. I think that either Daniel might work with China in future epidodes, or at least make the Chinese Government, most of SGC, and the audience, believe that he is working with the Chinese Government.
                              Last edited by Liam Kincaid; 19 February 2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

One idea is that they are losing the war badly and stand little chance of winning. Daniel finds out that if the ori do not succeed with gaining controle over the galexy they will all die or ancient will be able to force them to deacend some how. Daniel then suppose that they use a the nerv agent that they use in scrouge to start wiping out human populations until the ori agree not to invade the galexy the president and the joint chief are in disblief that he would even suppose such a plan so they decide that daniel can no longer remain in his post at the SGC, maybe after a attempt to take over the odyssey and beam the nerv agent abroad, after this fail attempt he is given the choice in prisonment for the rest of his life or he can go back a civilian position outside the SGC. The chinese makes contact with him and suppose that they work togeather, he agreeds and they some how manage to steal the stargate. Using the stargate they then start launching their attacks through the stargate.

Comment

Working...
                                X