Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or howabout something as simple as he fuinally goes to get to Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by tsjr
      or howabout something as simple as he fuinally goes to get to Atlantis
      Yea thats the one I'm hoping for all the other have been done in some form on the show.
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I know whatever they have planned for Daniel, if they actually go through with it, I'd like to see it have something to do with his prior ascension. We know from The Reckoning parts 1 & 2 that all the knowledge he gained while ascended is still there he just can't access it. The ori are ascended beings and Daniel happens to have been an ascended being at one time, there has got to be someplace the writers can go with that.
        Teal'c "I killed you"
        Daniel "Why?"
        Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
        Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Originally posted by Llyrellin
          It could be they *shudder* do a rogue-Jackson in rogue-Ford fashion. Horror of horrors if they do. Can you see an "I want the Ori to die, now!" Daniel? Ack....
          Or maybe the Ori take him captive and he does something...not very nice to get free.
          Or maybe he gets captured and something else happens.
          Or maybe he turns into a smurf. And if that's not dark and controversial, I don't know what is.
          ... ... ...
          All right, so that one's not serious. But the others are.
          It'll be interesting to see other people's thoughts as to this.

or maybe a daniel jackson clear and present danger

President Hayes- How Dare you!

Jackson-How dare you sir!!!!!

sorry wrong Ford hehe

what if Daniel takes up drinking?
          the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

I heard a prior is going to violate Daniel with his staff, and then DJ has to leave SG-1 and go into therapy...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
              I heard a prior is going to violate Daniel with his staff, and then DJ has to leave SG-1 and go into therapy...
              Leave your personal fetishes back home under the rock, if you don't mind.

The arc will probably be none of the things discussed here.

Comment

Originally posted by NightWing
                i think he will sacifice someone or people on a planet to get the upper hand on the ori
                This makes sense to me. My theory is that he beginst to advocate some very drastic measures to fight the Ori and it won't be comfortable hearing it from him.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

What if daniel managed to unlock some ancient memories and discover the ancients are the evil ones after all, Causing him to join with the ori on a level, maybe agreeing with them that the ancients need to be destroyed, but through another means. Possibly using anubis's machine to genetically enhance an army of humans to the point of ascention to destroy the ancients that way. This could well be a potentially controversial and interesting arc as daniel will have lost all faith in the ancients that he reveers so much, but at the same time not fully agree with the ori, he then becomes lost as he tries to re-establish his principals and what he believes in, making controversial desicions along the way. This scenario probably wont play out but i do believe that any controversial daniel arc will involve him testing his principals and beliefs to the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                    This makes sense to me. My theory is that he beginst to advocate some very drastic measures to fight the Ori and it won't be comfortable hearing it from him.
                    That may very well be it. And it would be shocking to hear DJ proposing things he never would have back in season 1. However, I think it would be fitting. Look at all he's been through, all he's seen. It would be foolish to believe he could stay the same person he used to be after all he's experienced these past nine years. Plus, he knows what a huge threat the Ori are.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by donniepw
                      I know whatever they have planned for Daniel, if they actually go through with it, I'd like to see it have something to do with his prior ascension. We know from The Reckoning parts 1 & 2 that all the knowledge he gained while ascended is still there he just can't access it. The ori are ascended beings and Daniel happens to have been an ascended being at one time, there has got to be someplace the writers can go with that.
                      This looks likely. Maybe the Ori takes him because they know he's been ascended before. They tempt him to join by telling him that they can unlock those Ancients knowledge.

They actually do it for him. But like what Shifu told Daniel many years ago, that such knowledge is very dangerous, thats when we see DJ turning into a darker persona. Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. But having Ancients/Ascended knowledge is absolute power... hell, look what the Ori turned into. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

Corruption can take the form of taking action and meddling with those below you (Ori). Or take the form of being so arrogant and not do anything to HELP those below you (Alterans).
                      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

i was reading a review of ripple effect (on the german site), and thought of this possibility...

spoilers for s9's ripple effect

Spoiler:
                        we know that ripple effect had foreshadowing predictions, what if this 'controversial' arc for daniel is tied in to what the 'black sg1' was doing in ripple effect? (and i'm talking about intentions, not traveling from one parallel universe to another)

the black sg1 weren't really evil, they just went beyond what our regular sg1 had ever done. so far. what if daniel is the one to go over the line to save our universe?...

if so, what do you think it would/could be?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          We have already seen this side of him in Prototype, he was recommending immediate execution to prevent another Anubis, I thought that was a bit wierd coming from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrump
                            We have already seen this side of him in Prototype, he was recommending immediate execution to prevent another Anubis, I thought that was a bit wierd coming from him.
                            Well technically if he's already done this then it should be right in line with his current character direction. I actually found it perfectly acceptable hearing this from him. I know it was intended to surprise us but it was also supposed to make sense, which it did.

When I say drastic I'm not talking about anything as direct as killing one bad guy. I'm suggesting that he might suggest that a sacrifice of several million or more is acceptable if it means getting rid of the Ori. I'm thinking along the lines of wiping out all humans in the Ori galaxy... that sort of drastic.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I dont know why but Im thinking something to do with religion

Comment

Originally posted by Juice
                                I dont know why but Im thinking something to do with religion
                                any specific thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X