This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What So Special To Daniel Jackson??

I Wonder why Ori didn't kill Daniel Jackson while he still live.

what so important to keep daniel alive when the virus spread on earth.

was daniel is a threat to ori or was the ancients protecting him.

we need to find out what so IMPORTANT to Daniel Jackson.

Um... what? They didn't know about the Milky Way having people until Daniel and Vala went to their galaxy. They even tried to kill them by burning them (again).

Comment

Originally posted by Xmen583
      I Wonder why Ori didn't kill Daniel Jackson while he still live.

what so important to keep daniel alive when the virus spread on earth.

was daniel is a threat to ori or was the ancients protecting him.

we need to find out what so IMPORTANT to Daniel Jackson.
      Im confused, what the h-e-doublehockeysticks do you mean?They tried to kill him indirectly (got their worshipers to burn him and vala), they failed.

If you mean why keep a former ascendant alive, well, they dont know everything about the ascendants, and they knew nothing of the milky way prior(no pun intended) to Avalon Part 2

They cannot just strike him down as they cannot risk having a fight with the Ancients, or they would have just wiped out everyone that would oppose them in one go, rather than take a year and more sending out Priors here there and everywhere, they could have simply (if they are so "all knowing" as they claim to be) known who would listen and who would not, and wiped out the later group.

There is nothing special about Daniel (that we know of) or any evidence to show that there is.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Where is nothing so special about Daniel. Just most of all the Sg-1 lady viewers love him. To end the show, the writers should kill him off permently. (or Jack, or Sam)
        There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkinparkgundam
          Where is nothing so special about Daniel. Just most of all the Sg-1 lady viewers love him. To end the show, the writers should kill him off permently. (or Jack, or Sam)
          Or........ Teal'c?

Hell, I'm still pissed they killed off Janet. I'm also pissed that they always had her in her uniform..... made her look so frumpy.... as we all know, Teryl Rothery is far from frumpy. Of course, she was the base doctor and it would be hard to explain why an Air Force doctor would be in anything but duty blues and a lab coat.

Anyway..... I'm curious to know if they're ever going to do a Jonas story where a Prior visits Kelowna. I miss Jonas. Jonas was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
            Or........ Teal'c?

Hell, I'm still pissed they killed off Janet. I'm also pissed that they always had her in her uniform..... made her look so frumpy.... as we all know, Teryl Rothery is far from frumpy. Of course, she was the base doctor and it would be hard to explain why an Air Force doctor would be in anything but duty blues and a lab coat.

Anyway..... I'm curious to know if they're ever going to do a Jonas story where a Prior visits Kelowna. I miss Jonas. Jonas was fun.
            Jonas was fun. He brought a curtain life to the show. Now they have a new lady coming on the show. Stupid Vala.
            There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

Daniel might not have been able to get the virus due to him being ascended at one point.

Comment

as we all know, Teryl Rothery is far from frumpy. Of course, she was the base doctor and it would be hard to explain why an Air Force doctor would be in anything but duty blues and a lab coat.
                True, but we got to see Sam in civvies once in a while. It wouldn't've killed TPTB to vary Janet's role a bit, let Teryl "flex her acting muscles", wear a frock once in a while.

Back OT, why didn't the Ori kill DJ when they had the chance? Hmmm, why do the evil megalomaniacs never kill Bond when they have the chance? Perhaps because it would be the end of the franchise. Just guessing
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Linkinparkgundam
                  Jonas was fun. He brought a curtain life to the show. Now they have a new lady coming on the show. Stupid Vala.

All I have to say is, BRING BACK JONAS QUINN! DOWN WITH VALA!

Comment

I would like a two parter wth Jonas involving Langara, but I dont see it happening next year, possibly S11, if we get one of course.
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

I think if we holler enough, we can make it happen next season, albeit LATE next season. I don't see why it couldn't happen.

P.S. I like Vala! Jonas wasn't done right, so its best if we limit him to showing up occasionaly. Like Rai'ac (sp?), or uh.... other people.

P.S.S. Who else thought his hair in the ep where they have to keep Langara from explodeing made him look rediculus?

Comment

Off Topic: I, too, am still angry with the writers for Janet's passing.. as to the uniform thing.. if my memories serves, there were two instances of when she was in civvies (that I know of): The Curse and The Rite of Passage.

As to what's so special about Daniel.. someone already pointed out practically all women who watch this show LOVE Daniel.. and the Ori know they would never stand a chance against the horde of frenzied female fanatics if they harm (actually.. I hear there's this Daniel Whumping thing..) I mean kill Daniel off.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
                          P.S.S. Who else thought his hair in the ep where they have to keep Langara from explodeing made him look rediculus?
                          im with you there, stick to the hairstyle from S6, much better IMO

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                            (actually.. I hear there's this Daniel Whumping thing..) I mean kill Daniel off.
                            That is something I can not understanderstand. I have to turn my head every time Daniel is harmed just a little bit, to actually enjoy seeing him hurt just doesn't seem right to my thinking.
                            Still, the whumpers don't want Daniel killed off for good either, because then they'd no longer be able to see him in pain!
                            Last edited by 1DanielForMe; 23 February 2006, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I love Daniel!
                              That is something I can not understanderstand. I have to turn my head every time Daniel is harmed just a little bit, to actually enjoy seeing him hurt just doesn't seem right to my thinking.
                              Still, the whumpers don't want Daniel killed off for good either, because then they'd longer bee able to see him in pain!

With whump (theoretically) comes comfort. On your average day, you're not going to see the others showing deep, intense levels of care and concern. I mean, I love my mother to pieces, but I don't keep vigil by her bedside or ask her if she's okay or any big actions on a regular basis. Those things are things people do when someone has been hurt. So, whumping gives people the chance to show that level of comfort. (Not that they do that part enough for my tastes) And, well, he just looks cute when he's in pain or angsting.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                              X