Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missles in Ethon fired from Prometheus (Possible Spoilers!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missles in Ethon fired from Prometheus (Possible Spoilers!)

Anyone notice that the nuclear warheads(if they were) went much faster than seen in previous episodes?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Lets hope they're a new missle designed to (hopefully) reach hive ships without being destroyed.

But regardless, did anyone notice how utterly ineffective they were against the shields?! I mean, come on; The Prometheus was designed to fight Hatak/motherships - which have shields. Why aren't those nukes/missles detonating just outside of the shields? Otherwise they're about as effective as throwing rocks.

It's nearly enough to make me scream in frustration.
    Last edited by Antaeogo; 03 February 2006, 10:57 PM.

Comment

they weren't nukes maybe?

Comment

regardless, earth weapons are pathetic against shielded targets.

Comment

They could use the AGM-154 that the USAF is developing, or was. It's a stealth missile.

Comment

It's weird how the missiles didn't go in a straight line, though. They flew in some kind of weird semi-arc.

Comment

In Lost City didn't Prometheus have energy weapons, as well as missles?

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                In Lost City didn't Prometheus have energy weapons, as well as missles?
                It has railguns. They are normal projerctile weapons, but they shoot extremely fast and far. I don't know if the Prometheus has any energy weapons.
                Sir, Request permission to beat the... out of this man"

Comment

The X-303 didn't have energy weapons, the BC-303 lacks them, and likely Odyssey will lack them aswell. The Asgard didn't want to give us offensive weapons because of the whole "don't destroy yourself" thing.

And after we did so much to save their little grey butts! They might want to reconcider in like of what happened to Prometheus.

Now, according to Wikipedia (whoever wrote the article on Daedalus that is) states that Odyssey will be nearly identical in layout, defense, and offense as Daedalus. However, the Russians are to build Korelev, which will be specifically designed to battle the Ori.

Until I see something official-ish from Gateworld though, I'm not going to believe the deal about Korelev just yet. If that is the case though, hopefully the Asgard will help the Russians design her, then retrofit Daedalus and Odyssey to match her.

I just don't like the idea of the Russians having the kick-ass offensive ship.... it's the O'Neill in me......

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    The X-303 didn't have energy weapons, the BC-303 lacks them, and likely Odyssey will lack them aswell. The Asgard didn't want to give us offensive weapons because of the whole "don't destroy yourself" thing.

And after we did so much to save their little grey butts! They might want to reconcider in like of what happened to Prometheus.

Now, according to Wikipedia (whoever wrote the article on Daedalus that is) states that Odyssey will be nearly identical in layout, defense, and offense as Daedalus. However, the Russians are to build Korelev, which will be specifically designed to battle the Ori.

Until I see something official-ish from Gateworld though, I'm not going to believe the deal about Korelev just yet. If that is the case though, hopefully the Asgard will help the Russians design her, then retrofit Daedalus and Odyssey to match her.

I just don't like the idea of the Russians having the kick-ass offensive ship.... it's the O'Neill in me......
                    *LOL* I hope they will, then maybe the USA Will use energy weapons !!!!!!! It's not hard to take weapons from an al'kesh or an ha'tak! I don't understand why we haven't.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

cuz they know earth will destroy itself

Comment

Considering how well the shields stood up to the Ori satellite, and if the Ori learn of their involvement with Earth, the Asgard are going to be in just as much trouble as Earth when the Ori get their armies moving. Here's to hoping the incoming invasion helps the Asgard lighten up a bit on their "self-destructive" angle that's leading them to under-equip us. Unlike the Goa'uld were, the Ori are a very real threat to everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by aacid
                          It has railguns. They are normal projerctile weapons, but they shoot extremely fast and far. I don't know if the Prometheus has any energy weapons.
                          Were those brought to Atlantis?

Comment

Actually, I don't think they even need to salvage the weapons from a ha'tak or al'kesh. Use the stationary guns from Goa'uld defenses and use those for point defense. The railguns can then be used for attacking other capital ships.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              In season 10 premiere, according to the spoilers the the Russian vessel is destroyed.

Comment

Working...
                              X