This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reboot the Cartoon

I looked for another post on this here at GW, but I couldn't find any. For those of you not familiar with it, Reboot was a CGI cartoon about the inahabitants of a computer called Mainframe. It was a bit campy and cliche sometimes, but it was fun to watch. The storylie started picking up speed in the later seasons, which made it all the more reason to watch.
    I remember watching this cartoon when I was young and then again later on when it made a brief appearance on Cartoon Network. Someone brought it up in another forum so I decided to try and find out if it was on DVD. It seems Seasons 3 and 4 are out, but I don't know if they're available for Region 1. I also found the TV movie Deamon Rising and My Two Bobs on Netflix, so I decided to watch them.

To my amazement, they had a reffernce to Stargate, where one of the main character's father builds a gateway to look for other systems in cyberspace (this is before they had knowledge of the Internet). It was an obvious take on Stargate, as the device had locking jewels and an inner track of different chevrons. I thought it was hillarious. Now I want to see the entire series again. If anyone has any info about obtaining the TV series on DVD, please let me know.

Never seen it but if you look here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot
    The Gateway command is identical in shape and effects to the one from the movie and series Stargate . Also, the father of Dot bears several similarities to the character Dr. Jackson in the Stargate movie (like having theories about life off-world).
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

My family loves Reboot, especially the first seasons, when Enzo was still a young sprite. My fav ep is Talent Night, when Bob and Megabyte have a guitar duel. Kwel!

The games they'd play were a real hoot.

My fav characters had to be Hexidecimal and Scuzzy. Hex had real freak appeal, and Scuz was such a cute little sidekick.
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

i loved reboot.

i've got the 3rd season on dvd. it was my fave season due to the ongoing story arc, but there were some great individual eps in the first 2 seasons.

Hexadecimal was my fave character.

the musical ep at the end of 3rd season was classic.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I didnt watch Reboot much. I do remember the one episode where Bob 'dissapears' for good. Not quite sure what season that was. Maybe someone can enlighten me?
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I remember that show. I used to watch it on and off. Never got into it too much, though.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I liked it but haven't seen it all the way through
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

it ended in a cliffy for me. after megabiyte returned

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87
                  it ended in a cliffy for me. after megabiyte returned
                  I loved Reboot when i was younger. Dot's was a great place. Hexadecimal and Megabyte were just freaky. Bob ruled. Enzo and Glitch were cool. I forgot what the old robot's name was - the old one with the glasses. I think i was lucky enough to see the entire series, as i do remember the episode where the virus invades the system.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                    I loved Reboot when i was younger. Dot's was a great place. Hexadecimal and Megabyte were just freaky. Bob ruled. Enzo and Glitch were cool. I forgot what the old robot's name was - the old one with the glasses. I think i was lucky enough to see the entire series, as i do remember the episode where the virus invades the system.
                    Phong.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I remember Reboot I used to watch it when I was ickle.
                      I remember my fave character was renegade Enzo he looksed so cool.
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I loved ReBoot. It was such a neat show. My favorite character was Bob. I saw the entire series and the two movies. Did they ever do anything else after "My Two Bobs"? It was left pretty unresolved.

I think I started watching it when I was younger because of the computer animation, but the characters and stories were a lot of fun.

Comment

I saw a Reboot DVD season set at Best buy a while ago and i'm kicking myself in the head for not buying it, because i haven't seen it since!

Comment

Ah, the memories...

Given that I was in my ealry 20's when ReBoot was broadcast, I found Dot to be incredibly sexy - especially when she was wearing her glasses...
                            Mind you, Mouse wasn't half bad either...

Fave ep? Gotta be "Trust No One", guest starring Scott McNeill and Gillian Anderson as Special Agents Fax Modem and Data Nully. What a hoot!
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                            X